Guys, lighten your 'murses'

quidam

I don't own a murse - I have my uber-purse! Carries everything I need, and a few things I keep in for random fun, like my tarot cards and eReader - and a pair of pumps for when I don't want to wear them out in the rain, but do at the office.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

why, why, why? one can have a modest wallet with plastic and notes in one pocket with some shrapnel floating around in the bottom, a phone with plenty of apps (if needed) in a back pocket and a set of keys and a hanky if needed in the other pocket - as I do. I have a small satchel style bag as I commute on a bicycle which usually carries a just lunch box and a couple of files OR a lap top when needed for work.....that's it......do we really, honestly need all this tech and detritus in our lives?

I work in the IT industry and carry a laptop around with me, as well as other needed techy items, so I tend to look forward to the weekends when I am not having to carry anything around with me. I have far less stuff to carry than the average person, when I am not working anyway.

Not many guys where I'm from here in NZ have a man-bag, murse etc.. I've always carried a hand-bag when in heels/skirt suit, but I have lately carried one of my hand-bags with me in guy-mode. I'm used to it on my shoulder, so it seemed logical. Besides a handbags size, shape, features etc are just better than man-bags. It wouldn't let me get 14kg of stuff in it...its just not big enough - maybe 2kg? 14kg - what would that be from? A full laptop would only be 4 or 5kg surely? Cheers Heel-Lover

why, why, why? one can have a modest wallet with plastic and notes in one pocket with some shrapnel floating around in the bottom, a phone with plenty of apps (if needed) in a back pocket and a set of keys and a hanky if needed in the other pocket - as I do.

I have a small satchel style bag as I commute on a bicycle which usually carries a just lunch box and a couple of files OR a lap top when needed for work.....that's it......do we really, honestly need all this tech and detritus in our lives?

Exactly how I feel, but..... even people like me who embrace the stoneage carry a trackphone for emergency calls, a wallet over-stuffed with membership cards, appointment cards, credit cards, ID cards (note I didn't mention cash - lol) and such along with my ecig and supplies (yes, I embraced some new tech in favor of the old) and the super-sized computer car key that takes up an entire pocket all by itself.. . Couple that with the fact that I wear women's jeans for the fit and cut and have to accept the small pockets made so because women usually carry everything in their purses anyway and wham! I'm actually considering one of these ridiculous contraptions... lol

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

The average is 14lbs not kg; about 7kg, so you wouldn't need much more than the weight of a laptop. still seems a lot though.

What kind of laptop you got thats almost 7KG? Bloomin eck...

The Average size is 15.4, and these weigh around 3 to 4kg, at the absolute max...

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

All I need is a bag big enough to carry a 1 litre bottle of Southern Comfort...

You like that stuff?

All of my experiences with it back in the day were great fun followed by greater misery. lol

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

@Tech: perhaps a sturdy industrial-grade laptop can weight as much as 7kg? *lol* Or might be that a man must be always prepared so some are carrying the whole mobile office, including chargers, cables, scanner and printer?.

@Maninheels: good thing you are not into the car-making industry... otherwise your hardware would be at least twice as heavy!.

I too don't believe the average joe is carrying 14lbs. mostly because average joe's don't carry a man-bag/messenger/purse/watchamacallit. These scientists could probably gather as few as five folks, and one of'em was carrying such a huge load that the average of them all resulted in a 14lbs. wreck.

However, in a serious mode, it shows that between those sporting a bag, many tend to overload it with tons of crap.

A friend of mine uses a leather hand-bag called "mariconera" in Spanish (the name of that thing is terribly annoying), and he's always carrying everything you would never imagine, even a tire-gauge!!!.

As for myself, all I need when I'm in town is my Samsung Ultra II SGH-D836, home key, driver's license, master card, some pocket money (as much as 10 usd), and my lipstick. I can leave everything else behind, but not my lipstick!. And when I'm traveling (which is very often) I use a messenger bag mostly to carry my Vaio P mininetbook - which I want to replace with an iPad-like thing - a Sony DSC-H20 cam, and enough room for my cap, and when needed a mini-umbrella, gloves, scarf and earmuffs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The need to make-up names like "murses", "man-bags", "messenger bags", etc really really annoys me!! Why can't they just call them what they really are "purses"? When people compliment my purse and call it a "man-bag", I correct them and tell them that it is a "purse".

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

I with Jamie on this one, why not just call it a bag? My daily carry items consist of my phone, wallet and keys which are amply housed in pockets. I'd really struggle to think of much else that I'd *need* to carry with me everywhere.

The need to make-up names like "murses", "man-bags", "messenger bags", etc really really annoys me!! Why can't they just call them what they really are "purses"? When people compliment my purse and call it a "man-bag", I correct them and tell them that it is a "purse".

As for me, I call it "messenger bag" just to clarify what style, otherwise, everything else is a purse.

I have only one purse, a metallic gold Relic purse I bought last year at Kohls. Nothing was said, nobody freaked out when I paid at the cashier. I have that bag Up North at my camper along with some dresses, skirts, and heels in case a trip to "the Cities" as in Minneapolis-St.Paul comes up. My feeling is that any guy savvy enough to carry a purse in public doesn't give a crap about people making up names like "man-bag" or "murses" so as not to offend anyone. The world would be oh soooooooooooooooooo much better if certain people who like to control the world with their words and slogans instead used that creative energy to accept the world "AS IS" and improve upon their own standing in it. I CONCLUDE SUCH A PURSE-TOTING MAN, I WOULD SURMISE, HAS THE CONFIDENCE TO LOOK THE WORLD IN THE EYE AND IS QUITE COMFORTABLE IN HIS MASCULINITY. HappyinHeels:wave:

I CONCLUDE SUCH A PURSE-TOTING MAN, I WOULD SURMISE, HAS THE CONFIDENCE TO LOOK THE WORLD IN THE EYE AND IS QUITE COMFORTABLE IN HIS MASCULINITY.

HappyinHeels:wave:

Amen to that.