Heels at work

projectz

Hey everyone, its been a great week so far. My boss has been away so i have been wearing these to work:

http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Shoes/Bamboo-by-Journee-Womens-Office-53-Ruffled-Platform-Stilettos/5320550/product.html?cid=123620&fp=F&mr:trackingCode=0FDC1040-58D7-DF11-B41F-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA

It is a great feeling to be in my heels for hours at a time.

Hey everyone, its been a great week so far. My boss has been away so i have been wearing these to work:

http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Shoes/Bamboo-by-Journee-Womens-Office-53-Ruffled-Platform-Stilettos/5320550/product.html?cid=123620&fp=F&mr:trackingCode=0FDC1040-58D7-DF11-B41F-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA

It is a great feeling to be in my heels for hours at a time.

Which colour did you go for? but that's great that you can work wearing them with no worries..

I'm so jealous! I wear high-heel boots quite regularly, but never at work (at least not during business hours). I often think, during the workday, how much I wish I were wearing my boots at work. I wear them out in public at night during the week, all day on the weekends, and at home every day of the week, but It is still not enough. I would be in high-heel heaven if I could wear them all day at work too, but sadly, I believe high-heels at work is completely off-limits for me.

I always wanted to wear heels to work, and then one day I just did it. I've never looked back and have become bolder and bolder in my style. Its been heaps of fun and I don't look back. I wouldn't say I wear heels every day to work - at least 3 out of 5 days would be heels, the rest of the time I either dress more traditionally to suit some of my clients or I avoid high heels because they're not practical. Cheers Heel-Lover PS. I adore those pumps of yours Projectz - very pretty - and they'll work well with a lot of outfits.

Hi I am one of the lucky ones :silly: At my work they do what is called diversity where you can wear what you want to as long as it DOES NOT AFFEND anyone. So I have been wearing, 4inch plus and last week for a day 5.5 inch NO PLATFORM high heels to work every day for 2 years. The first few months it had been really stressful, to which point I nearly gave up (it was not the comments but the looks) , but now I would not look back, and now people say I look strange in trainers J, also the company did a conference in a hotel and I was going to change into my trainers and one of the nicest managers said why so I left my 4.5 inch heels on and walked to and from the hotel even through the foyer , what a DREAM;-). Also all the mangers i have had has been Very Very supportive and i really thank them ALL !! Also i would like thank all my freinds at work as well who are really great with what i am doing.! ALL I CAN SAY IS IF YOU WANT TO DO IT, JUST DO IT AS YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN !!!. Thanks for reading.

I’m another one of the lucky ones. I started wearing knee high boots under my slacks over a year ago. I haven’t worn stilettos heels (and don’t plan on wearing them at work either) but I wear block heels form 2’ – 4” daily. I asked my manager if he minded and he said he didn’t care, but that was four managers ago however no one has objected since. One of the department’s managers came over and chatted with me when I was at a gas station and wearing a pair of black thigh boots with 5” stilettos. She didn’t say a thing about my footwear. She knows that most Data Base Administrators are nuts anyway so she was cool with my look.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I’m another one of the lucky ones.

I started wearing knee high boots under my slacks over a year ago. I haven’t worn stilettos heels (and don’t plan on wearing them at work either) but I wear block heels form 2’ – 4” daily. I asked my manager if he minded and he said he didn’t care, but that was four managers ago however no one has objected since. One of the department’s managers came over and chatted with me when I was at a gas station and wearing a pair of black thigh boots with 5” stilettos. She didn’t say a thing about my footwear. She knows that most Data Base Administrators are nuts anyway so she was cool with my look.

Sure she doesn't think you're one either? :unsure:

No offense, haha. Just looking for a little laugh :silly:

Formally "HHDude"

Hi I am one of the lucky ones :silly: At my work they do what is called diversity where you can wear what you want to as long as it DOES NOT AFFEND anyone. So I have been wearing, 4inch plus and last week for a day 5.5 inch NO PLATFORM high heels to work every day for 2 years. The first few months it had been really stressful, to which point I nearly gave up (it was not the comments but the looks) , but now I would not look back, and now people say I look strange in trainers J, also the company did a conference in a hotel and I was going to change into my trainers and one of the nicest managers said why so I left my 4.5 inch heels on and walked to and from the hotel even through the foyer , what a DREAM;-). Also all the mangers i have had has been Very Very supportive and i really thank them ALL !! Also i would like thank all my freinds at work as well who are really great with what i am doing.! ALL I CAN SAY IS IF YOU WANT TO DO IT, JUST DO IT AS YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN !!!. Thanks for reading.

My workplace also celebrates diversity but I wear a uniform and as part of the dress standards shoes must be black with a low modest heel even for the girls so normal shoes for me as I only like high heels.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

I've been wearing heels at work for about 2 years now, but then again, I don't wear JUST heels - it's a lot more than that, but suffice it to say, everyone at my job has been very accepting, open-minded, and VERY supportive of all of my choices. Then again, I have a really good track record, so I think they just give me a LOT of latitude when it comes to my attire as long as it is in accordance with the "business casual" look - I just do it MY way! :-)

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I wear shoes with 2.5-3.5 inch heels almost every day. Mostly I wear clogs with block or tapered (but not stiletto) heels, as they don't look too femme. In the past six months I've bought three pair of Naturalizer shoes (which you can google) - their Vitality pumps, Glassy boots, and Quin T-straps, for a bit more diversity. My staff is ok with it. It's good to be the owner of the company and set my own dress code. Steve

No luck for me. Spend half my day in steel toe work boots. For years I worked in office settings, and always wore underslung western boots anywhere from 1 1/2" to 2" heel and never gave it a thought. Dingo, Tony Lamas, Justin, Texas, H&H, and this list goes on. Didn't even consider it to be unusual other than nobody else did.

Like Thighbootguy, I wear boots with 2"- 3" block heels every day to work. I have never worn my stiletto high heels to work, even though some in the office have seen me wear them in public.

No luck for me. Spend half my day in steel toe work boots. For years I worked in office settings, and always wore underslung western boots anywhere from 1 1/2" to 2" heel and never gave it a thought. Dingo, Tony Lamas, Justin, Texas, H&H, and this list goes on. Didn't even consider it to be unusual other than nobody else did.

Many years ago I had to wear those stupid steel toed shoes at work because of the interaction with the production floor. I eased the fashion tyranny somewhat by purchasing steel toed western boots with a 2" heel like you're talking about. It's been years now, but I have to think that something like this is still available?

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Charlie

Yes they are - - - to a point.

Not a good item to wear in this shop. Even I wouldn't consider it a safe boot in this place.

Are you refering to safety from accidents or safety from ridicule?

Charlie

Steel-toe pointy toes, anyone? ;P Sounds like a fab idea, I would think :unsure: That, or a steel-toe round-toe with a much higher heel (2" doesn't run right by me :silly:

Formally "HHDude"

When I work late...say 7:30 - 8:00 pm-ish...I am starting to establish a routine of doing a few circuits of the office floor, going down 2 flights of stairs, and click-clacking over to my car at the far end of the car park. In theory, I could be seen by workers next door on lates, although I do a check for them before moving towards the building exit. I think the next step is, to be able to heel my way to the car when I don't work quite so late (say until 6:00), when I will be spotted for sure. My employer is a well-known airline that appoints diversity champions. I think I would like to just confirm with my diversity champion, that what I am doing is totally kosher. Not saying I would expect to be allowed to turn up at a meeting with an important customer wearing red patent 5 inch thigh highs with nil repercussions, but more like, can I arrive in man shoes and clack-clack out of the office in heels, 100% confident I am not breaking any rules? I think I need to send that e-mail soon guys! Anyhow, my walk to my car tonight matched some light chinos very nicely with Barratts nude courts...

• Like 1

Charlie - - Imagine walking through piles of grease the size of "horse road apples" with water and piles of dust dirt and grime - - - - over hoses, around frames - - - it's a safety issue. We have bolts that need to be picked up with a crane.

Charlie - -

Imagine walking through piles of grease the size of "horse road apples" with water and piles of dust dirt and grime - - - - over hoses, around frames - - - it's a safety issue.

We have bolts that need to be picked up with a crane.

Oh I see. Looks like that's that.

Charlie

hi

At first when I started wearing heels I was looking at people’s faces and thinking i cannot do this, and now I don’t even look and carry on as normal J, if i need to park the car away from my workplace I still put on heels to walk to work which is across the road. I get a few glances but who cares (I’m happy), but as far as i know i have not offended anyone doing this J. Also on my dinner me and my best friend (female) walk around the perimeter of the building on the pavement and walk round several times, even past a bus stop where a get a few glances but that is it.. we have spoken to a man with his dog and he was impressed J the heels are mainly from new look and dp the heels are 4.5 inch or higer, also i won an award from my team for the best shoes J. So my advice is to try it and ENJOY it while you can J

post-13730-133522936494_thumb.jpg

I am not sure if I have replied, but here is my two cents. I usually keep a pair of boots in my car stashed away so when I get off of work I can slip into them and drive home in my high heel boots

• 2 weeks later...

I've got bolder in the latest week at work - I've been working very long days and so by the time I finish, I can't go out usual exit (which gets locked), so I have to walk through to the other building and past security. Thus, this week I have done my first public heeling in situations where I was knew I was almost sure to be spotted (albeit by one or two people). The first of these nights, I wore pointy-toed knee boots (with trousers out over the boots) with about a 2½ inch kitten heel. I enjoyed the long walk on the pavement outside to the car park I needed to get to, I heard a car pass, I expected they wouldn't notice at all, and of course they didn't. The second night where I had to do this, I wore another relatively low-ish heel (another kitten?), some matt black Mary Janes from Matalan. (I find that high heels seem manageable at home but there is nothing like a walk of distance on concrete or tarmac to show you just how much you need to improve). I went past security in these. One issue I was conscious of, was my bare feet in the shoes contrasting with my grey pants and black shoes. I'd been meaning to get some opaque knee length hosiery for these sort of outings but hadn't got round to it. At the bus stop between car parks, I could see someone was waiting at the bus stop. I decided to just do it and walk past, the lady at the bus stop gave me either a friendly smile or a wry smile (as in had noticed/heard the shoes), not sure which. Finally, today I had to work a Sunday due to pressure of work. I had the office pretty much to myself, and had finally bought some knee-high opaques at Tesco. Changed to some black patent mid-heeled t-bars when I got to my desk. Going between my desk, coffee machine and toilets, I felt confident. The more adventurous part was going to the restaurant for dinner. Took my meal to the micowaves, I had forgotten someone (a young lad) would be serving in the shop, but carried on and heated my meal. Took it from the plastic floor tiles to the tables on the wooden floor where the heels were even louder. I didn't panic about it, in fact I even took a detour to pick up a newspaper someone had left. Had a relaxed half hour meal eating, reading Blackberry and newspaper, then left the restaurant with loud heels. Common advice on this site is to blend into big crowds where you're not noticed. My experiences this week were a different side of the coin, where you will probably be noticed but couldn't expect a challenge (senior IT staff on premises, displaying ID, in a pro-diversity company...security and catering staff wouldn't even consider being hostile).

PaulS,

Congratulations on taking the step to wear your high heels at work, even though there weren't that many people around. Even though not many people viewed you, still, you had to be thrilled walking in your high heels where you wanted and needed to go and giving those an opportunity to view you in your high heels. Good luck on future outings.