How long can we keep it up?

I was talking to a woman I work with who sometimes wear heels. I told her about this site. She was kinda supprised to find an online message board where men and women spend time disgussing topics centered around high heels. Before this there was Jennys board which been around for more than 3 yrs. So do you guys think you'll get sick of talking about heels or maybe run out of topics.

No we won't ever get bored or run out of topics. Sometimes I go down the pub with my mates and they spend the whole evening discussing football. Everything that has happened that week, who got transferred, are Man United gong to win the premier league yet again and on and on... I'm not particularly into football, but I'm happy to make the odd comment and have a few beers. The same type of discussions take place on music as well. It's similar here. We can always discuss the latest styles, what we have bought, what we wear, what we have seen, psychology, gender issues, fashion issues, shoe alterations... the list goes on and on. I wouldn't even say it was a "fetish" as such. You wouldn't describe the people who were mad keen on football as having a "fetish". It's no more irrational to have an interest in footwear than it is to have one in 22 men chasing around a field trying to get a ball between two wooden posts! It's a hobby or an interest which people follow to varying degrees. Some come here once a day. Some come here once every three months. But so long as they enjoy it, I think it's cool.

Totally agree, what more can I say. For someone who owns about 50 - 60 pairs of heels with a minumum height of 4 inches and only owns two pairs of flats, one pair of training shoes for gym and one pair of cleated cycling shoes for my bike the site is wonderful. It allows me to share my passion for shoes, fashion and have a bit of fun. Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

Hi Chip and everyone else :smile: You asked, "How long can we keep this up"? Personally I would have liked to see this site be a fashion site. Then we could have talked about all kinds of fashion. In the past I have belonged to all kinds of clubs and associations. Most people in the bicycle club only bicycle, not much else, the people in the Computer Aided Design association think about this most of the time, and those in the mountaineering clubs dedicate their life mostly to this. Very focused people in mostly one subject. They build up good friendships in their specialized groups. I have thousands of interests and find I keep jumping from specialized group to specialized group. I lose out because I don't get to know people in the groups very well. I don't understand why the world likes to focus so much. Ben B) The world is like one big orchard. There are so many kinds of fruit. It is hard for me to decide what fruit to eat next. On the other hand I like the routine of eating the fruit at breakfast, lunch, and supper. I also like hanging out with the same gang in the orchard. Go figure. <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ben(Canada) on 2002-02-21 19:06 ]</font>

Just thinking! I work with this guy who can diguss football and basketball for hours and hours nonstop! To me it gets boring after a while. I'm not crazy about sports but enjoy talking about movies. There are people who have other obsessions. I have a fetish for high heels. I guess its also a passion. I can listen to ladies talk about heels. I can bring up conversations that center around high heels and wearing them. Now some guys that have a passion for sports may think of me as being odd or boring coz I don't share the same passion. However, I wouldn't think of them as being odd for having that passion. On the flip-side I would be though of as being odd or weird for having a high heel passion.

Exactly what I was saying Chip, with regard to the football versus shoes thing. Personally, I can listen to girls or guys talking about heels and different shoe fashions and be equally as fascinated. Since I am completely heterosexual, this shows to me that this aspect of my interest has nothing to do with sex or fetish. It's the same as stamp collecting, cooking, or wine tasting. Of course, others approach the shoe thing from another angle entirely, so it's a good idea to have the forums and thread concept where people can discuss what interests them.

I've been posting on various high heel boards for well over a year now. I feel closer to many of the people who post here than to many I deal directly with on a daily basis. What I like best about this and other high heel forums is the fact that you are the only people I know of that I can discuss my passion for wearing high heeled shoes/boots with. Thank you all! :smile: Above all, thanks to Firefox and Jenny for making this all possible!! Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

yea, you guys are really great...ive been admiring shoes/boots for as long as i can remember...and reading firefoxes and highlucs and other peoples websites for about a yeae...but just started posting here...and i just cant get enough of it...it really feels good to just talk about it, after hiding my passion for most of my life..its like a giant wheight has been lifted from my chest...long as people make new threads, ill be around to reply =)

Of course, and I must be jealous, Inga, you have boots with a HEEL, I have some heavy piece of wood under foot. Or something. So It is an all out attempt to pile up the posts and make it to your nice boots. Maybe I can be there before you head off to the sandals that follow? We shall see.

Closed minded coqboy boot loving place. You know, Shockqueen, if you had not mentioned State, I might think you lived in Alberta somewhere. Not in Calgary, but maybe outside somewhere, in a town where Reform party stormtroopers think changing their name can save them. DIfferent countries still have similar experiences, and with cowboy boots, at that! I miss my kitten heels.

• 2 weeks later...

Forever is a relative term, Debbie. I will admit, we can last a very long time, and we will leave the length of that time undefined. What if one day, twenty years from now, the internet is obsolete? What if the next incarnation of information sharing is something so radical that this board cannot fit into it? That's not likely, is it. Not in twenty years, anyway. Okay, forever, yes Debbie, you're right. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

High Heels especially stiletto heels will never fade away because there are people like us who will make it a point to be seen by others wearing it. The same goes for the discussion. It will never fade away, right ? Laurie and Debbie, you agree ??? :smile:

Cheers,

Nata

You are right, Nata. So long as some of us are wearing stiletto heels and getting people to notice, they will never go out of style in that sense, and there will always be something to talk about here, if only because some of us are out there in heels, making the difference. :smile: Of course, there are many reasons to discuss things, so fading out will never happen.

For sure I can sit down and talk with my girlfriends hours and hours about clothes. Then why don't shoe espicially high heels? Something off-topic 'Why is Jenny's Survey Board have been out for about 2 years or so now?' Is there anyway to continue to have a survey since now we have 266 members on our board.

Even though I'm a guy, I can talk shoes with my female co-workers as easily as I can sports with male colleagues. In fact, I often amaze the ladies with how comfortable I am talking about high heels, what I like, colors, styles, places to shop, the whole nine yards. All in all, it's a great deal of fun!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 3 weeks later...