Beautiful high heels

Hi there, What a great site, such a warm acceptance of the diversity and enthusiasm for beautiful high heels! I've been wearing heels for 30 years now, mostly in secret but getting more adventurous in recent years as I've learnt to purge the guilt (what's all that about?) instead of the shoes. Styles I love are anything from boots, courts, slingbacks, peep-toes and strappy sandals, all of which I think look great with a pair of hip-hugging bootcut jeans. Wearing them makes me feel smart and confident, and a little bit cute and playful too. Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences on the forum, and I look forward to sharing mine too.

If you like it, wear it.

Thanks for the welcome hh4evr1.

If "in public" means actually interacting with people, then only a couple of times during my recent shopping adventures, #5 and #6 in this thread:

http://www.hhplace.org/guys/7255-shopping_heels_try_them.html

Both times I was in regular guy mode (jeans and a winter jacket). It was a real buzz and when I've saved up for another pair I'll definitely try for another positive shopping experience.

Another time when I bought my brown wedge boots, I changed into them and walked about a mile to get home in the evening (again in guy mode). I doubt anyone would've even noticed the wedge heels (about 3") but it sure felt good.

Other times previously I've gone for a few dark evening walks wearing more feminine styles (my black patent courts, gold strappy sandals, tan courts, black suede boots... all with a 3½"-4" heel) and felt the need to go for a more complete feminine appearance, partly to blend in if I was seen and partly because that was the experience I wanted.

I'm hoping to develop the confidence to do more public heel wearing as a guy, I'm just taking it step by step to make sure it's a safe and positive experience for me and the people I encounter.

If you like it, wear it.

Hi and welcome to the forum, Speaking from experience you will soon hopefully gain the confidence to go out and about during the day and to busy places with heels on in "Man" mode. I have just had an afternoon in central London in 3 inch boots with a pair of jeans and a shirt and had no problems, in fact We got two positive comments from total strangers! Again welcome and look forward to hearing of your exploits

• 1 month later...