Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Ah Jeff!!!!! Where's you sense of adventure? :P:D

I think I lost it in the dryer with stray single socks! :P

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

LOL! I was just thinking about that today (did laundry) Where does that one sock go, is there like a sock refugee camp under my dryer or something? It seems like my knee-highs make it out with no problem, but socks have a track record of getting lost! Whats up with that?

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

In a former life I taught data processing and I used to refer to some problem situations as a three sock syndrome. Those were situations where you didn’t know exactly what was wrong but, like having three socks, you knew something was wrong. On a whole other topic, the silver boots shipped yesterday and are scheduled to arrive next week. I still don’t know if I have the nerve to wear them but …

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Thighbootguy, if you can pull off the royal blue thigh boots, I'll lay odds you can pull off the silver as well.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Jeffb and Shafted, I've worn Pleaser 8890s, 8868s and 8899s and would recommend the 8890. The cow leather has a much finer grain, and a nice heavy but supple feel which the pig leather lacks. They're also very comfortable. They are more expensive than the pig leather boots, but you're paying for the leather and in my opinion it's worth it. Leather aside, there's not really much to choose between the 8890 and the 8868 that I remember, although I only wore the 8868s for a few minutes as I tried on both pairs before buying the 8890. The 8899s are narrow as Micha says, I had a white pair which I ended up selling as they were uncomfortable after half an hour or so. This was my own fault as I tried them on in the shop and bought them in the same size as my 8890s even though they were a tight fit. I'd have another pair, but would go for the next size up. The 8890s generally have a higher quality feel to them than either of the other pairs. I only wish I could have a pair of these in white! Chris

I agree with Shafted. How much of a difference can there be between royal blue and silver? Hopefully by the time the boots arrive, you will have mustered the courage to venture out in them. I'm sure it'll make for quite an adventure! :wink:

chris100575, Thanks for the additional info on those boots. It will come in handy when I'm ready to buy.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Hiya, Chris! Let me also give you thanks for the in depth info on those thigh boots you spoke about. Nothing like a good review to help prospective shoppers make up their minds on what to buy! :wink:

Well today was the day the UPS truck drove up and delivered my silver thigh boots. I opened the package and unpacked the boots and started to wonder again if I would wear them. The sure did look great so I decided to go ahead and give them a try. These are not leather boots and I was concerned that they might not be comfortable so when I started to put them on I wasn’t too surprised that they were a little tight. They are well lined with a soft material that should be comfortable but the shoe was really too tight on my foot. I thought they will give a little so I kept going. I was unable to get the zipper past my ankle. I finally came to the realization that these boots were really too small and I wasn’t going to be able to wear them and if I could get them on, I wouldn’t be able to walk in them without killing my feet. I have packed them back up to return them. Now the real question is would I have had the nerve to wear them in public?

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

So did you order the next size up or what or have you determined that they just aren't to your liking, thighbootguy?

Thighbootguy:-) It's a shame that your new silver boots didn't fit you, but I'm sure you will find something else in the future to replace them with. Good luck in your search. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

A pity the boots didn't fit you, thigh! Better luck next time perhaps. As for the question about wearing silver in public, I get the feeling you probably would have! Just a guess! Heh! :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

What a difference 30° in temperature makes. This morning the temperature was in the mid sixties and I pulled out a pair of black thigh boots with 5" stiletto heels that I haven’t been able to wear for several weeks now. It has been way too hot and I have been wearing my granny boots, but some cold air has moved in and I thought why not.

On the way to work this morning I stopped and bought gas, and when to the grocery to pick up a few items for lunch. I was wearing a blue dress shirt, blue jeans, and my black boots. I did hear one, “oh my god“ from a lady at the grocery but that was the extent of the reaction. The cashier just commented on how nice that cool weather was and bid me to have a good day.

It had been several weeks since I’d worn of 5" heel and the muscles and my legs let me know it. Heels require constant practice for grace and stamina. It was good to be high heeling again.

JeffB –

Dawn HH –

I thing Jeff is right I probably would’ve tried them, but I doubt if they would’ve been every day wear. I guess for now my white pair will have to do for special occasions.

Glad to hear you're in your thighboots again, thighbootguy. Still a lot too warm here though to even consider it yet.

Here I go advocating one store again....ah well.

TBG...if you should decide to try silver thigh-highs again, Dressed2Play has them all the way up to size 16!

http://www.dressed2play.com/se305istpath.html

Thigh-highs truly rock, although I don't wear them much except under jeans these days (just haven't found the right skirt or shorts yet), but perhaps someday.

I do have this skirt (it's the only pic I could find so far, but it doesn't do it justice), so this would go with any black patent boots I pick up, so perhaps one day.

http://www.secret-oktober.com/cc_skirt.html

Only time will tell!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Thighbootguy:-) It's good to hear that you were able to get into your thighboots again because of the weather lessoning it's hot and sticky grip on your area for a bit. We are just now beginning to enjoy less sticky and humid days as your weather is finally coming our way and we are experiencing more normal temperatures for this time of the year. Keep on heeling or your muscles will let you know that you haven't. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Yo, thigh! Glad to hear you're back on the road again! I'm sure you must have missed the action of being in your boots due to the heat. When it comes to wearing five inchers, I agree you have to stay in practice or your legs will most definitely protest.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven’t posted anything here for a little while because it has been too hot to wear thigh boots outside. I have been wearing my granny boots to and from work every day including shopping but they aren’t as much fun as my thigh boots. This weekend I have been taking care of in 98 year old Alzheimer patient and she doesn’t care what I wear so I have been wearing my black thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels with hose and shorts for three days. When I have to help her move around, I wear a pair of flats to be more sure footed. I can walk in 5” heels but there is no sense taking unnecessary chances. I haven’t been able to go out for those three days but this morning I needed to go to the grocery and the temperature hadn’t gotten too warm yet so… . I went to a local Kroger that have gone to before because it was close. I pulled on a pair of tight jeans, a blue pull on shirt and my black thigh boots with the 5” stiletto heels. Those boots really look good with those jeans if I do say so myself. I hadn’t worn those jeans for a long time because they are too short, but tucked under thigh boots, who cares. They are actually a pair of bell bottoms and that should give you an idea of what a long time is. Anyway, I went shopping. That means I went all over the store whether I needed anything in that section or not. Nobody batted an eye. Two ladies were uncomfortably quiet but that was the only reaction I got. Most people just ignored what I was wearing and went on their way. Oh well, I still had a good time and the boots and jeans really did look good. I’ll be wearing them again. I have mentioned that I have been wearing a hole in the leather on the toe of my boots. It is either my stride is too long, the sole is too short to protect the toe, or as someone suggested thigh boots weren’t meant for walking around in. I thought I would try to keep my black pair from wearing further by gluing a penny under the toe of each boot. Some epoxy seems to be holding the pennies in place and I can hear the metallic click when I walk so it might just working.

I have mentioned that I have been wearing a hole in the leather on the toe of my boots. It is either my stride is too long, the sole is too short to protect the toe, or as someone suggested thigh boots weren’t meant for walking around in. I thought I would try to keep my black pair from wearing further by gluing a penny under the toe of each boot. Some epoxy seems to be holding the pennies in place and I can hear the metallic click when I walk so it might just working.

I've had a similar problem with my Two Lips boots, but the toe is much too pointed to hide a penny underneath. I have thought about masking the toe off and using some shoe goo to cover the area that is getting wear.

I had the opportunity to go out again this afternoon. I got to thinking that my royal blue thigh boots with 5” stilettos would look good with those tight jeans I wore this morning. They did look good but I’m still partial to my black boots.

Anyway, I thought I would go to the thrift store in Newport Ky. To see if there were any bargains to be had. I hadn’t bin there in the middle of the afternoon for a long time and I wasn’t expecting the place to be packed but it was. I walked up and down the isles but didn’t see anything that caught my eye. I certainly caught a lot of other eyes. Picture this, a guy 6’5”, wearing royal blue thigh boots with stiletto heels walking through crowded isles looking at skirts and blouses. No one said a word. Not even a snicker.

As I left the store and was walking back to my car, a woman called to me, “I’ll take those boots, I surely will”. I turned and gave her a big smile in acknowledgment of the complement.

Next I went to one of the few cobbler shops left in my area. This was the first time I had ever been in the shop or worn my boots in the neighborhood. The old guy in the shop was behind the counter and I’m not sure he saw what I was wearing when I walked in. I asked,

“Do you have any blue shoe polish”?

“Well let’s see, Royal blue”?

“Yeah, like this”, and I walked to the gap in the counter to show him the color I wanted.

“My goodness … lets see if this will do”, and he opened the jar and put a sample on some white paper.

“Yeah that will work. I have another question. I have a white pair of these that are getting a little scuffed up. Do you have anything that will clean them up”?

“I think so but the guy that just came in will know for sure”. I think the guy was the owner of the store and he had a clear view of my boots as he came in.

The old guy said, “He says he has a white pair of boots like the ones he has on that have gotten a little scuffed up. Can he clean them”?

The owner said, “White is tough to clean. We can re-dye them but if it’s down in the leather that’s about all we can do. You might try some saddle soap and see if it works”.

Well since I was buying stuff, they were willing to talk to me. The walk back to the car included crossing a busy street in the middle of the block. I did notice that traffic slowed down a little.

By the way, the saddle soap did clean up the white boots, but I still need some white polish. I’ll get that the next time I go in.

The white boots got dirty when I was driving. The carpet under the peddles tends to accumulate a lot of dirt and, when I’m driving, I let my foot lay over on it’s side, right in the dirt.

This was a fun outting.

Shafted - A small warsher might do the trick. Anything to take wear rather than the toe of the boot. A cobbler might be able to put a small tap under the toe.

Thanks thighbootguy, I'll probaby ask my local cobbler about it as they will soon need new heel taps as well.

Thighbootguy:-) Mickey and I enjoyed reading about your last 2 adventures out in heels. Yesterday was the first time for me out in heels since before May 25th when Mickey had her arm set after breaking it. I did that for the same reason that you did with the 98 year old...to give a much needed sturdy base for her to help support her. Enjoy and keep on heeling. Cheers--- Dawn HH