Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Shafted

After rereading the account of that meeting, I am still amazed at all the coincidences that made up the morning. And yes, the unsolicited comments mean the most (at least the positive ones).

Dr.Shoe

Other than “going on about my boots”, she wasn’t really my cup of tea (with apologies to all the readers in England), but thanks for the thought.

I wore my leather slacks this morning.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Thighbootguy:-) That outfit sounds like a great outfit to wear and well co-ordinated. The checkout girl either doesn't like seeing you in your thigh boots or was relieved to see you in something different than what you normally wear. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I wore my leather slacks and granny boots with a turtleneck while shopping again this morning and got no reaction at all. Doing some shopping on the way home from work, I again wore my leather slacks but wore my black pull-on thigh boots with a 4” stiletto heel. This is the pair (Pleaser 8890) with the a metal buckle behind the knees on which I tightened the shafts. The outfit looked good and the temperature was cool enough that the leather slacks and boots were comfortable. I shopped in Bigg’s and Sam’s and took my time. At Bigg’s I was second in line to see the butcher and it took us a while to be served. The guy in front of me looked curious and didn’t appear to be uncomfortanle around a guy in thigh boots but we didn’t strike up much of a conversation. Other than a couple of glances, there was no reaction from anyone. At Sam’s I wandered around the store but there was no reaction at all. Just the color of these slacks make the outfit a little more showey than my normal look with blue jeans and I really thought it would turn a few more heads but everyone just went their own way. The tight leather slacks and thigh boots really feel great to wear togeather and the fall temperatures make it possible. Although my favorite combination is still blue jeans and thigh boots, these leather slacks are going to get some wear.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I agree Dawn. The winning combinations are the ones people sneak a peek at, not gawk at.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Is it just me, or does anyone else find back-zipped jeans quite provocative?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Thighbootguy: Once again, you amaze me with your latest exploits. Leather pants, eh? Wow! That must've made for quite a stunning look, especially with your thigh boots! And yet, no one noticed! Absolutely remarkable! I'm assuming the pants were black, if so, why not try them with your blue thigh boots (which I believe you mentioned once) and a matching top. That sort of combination would definitely be eye catching, even to the most jaded pedestrian! ;)

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Thighbootguy: Have you seen these newest offerings from Sexy Shoes? Most alluring, wouldn't you say:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Ye Ha! New thigh high boots, I'm drooling already.

Dr. Shoe:-)

I take it when you say back zipped...that you are refering to your tight fitting jeans, not the thigh boots.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Yes.

Is it just me, or does anyone else find back-zipped jeans quite provocative?

I do too. Why do you think I like to wear them so much? ;)

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

DawnHH -

Shafted -

Thanks for the kind words and I like Shafted’s definition of a “Winning combination”.

Dr.Shoe -

Shafted -

I have a pair of denim back zip jeans and a pair of black slacks. I really like both pair but I don’t get too much of a chance to wear them. Last time was I wore then was in Jun 2004.

JeffB -

The slacks are not black; they are Carmel as in the picture. That’s why the black turtleneck worked so well.

I do have a couple of pair of black leather pants that I have worn with my black boots. Wearing them with my blue boots sounds like a good idea.

The new boots at Sexy Shoes look great.

Posted Image

The listing doesn’t say this pair is leather as many of the other listings do.

The two pair that caught my eye are:

Posted Image

I think this a pair from Ellie named Blaze. I have always wanted a pair but haven't had the discretionary income available to buy a pair.

Posted Image

I like the interesting top of these boots but again I cant afford them for a litle while.

From the How Cool website:

Posted Image

I know they aren't thigh highs, at least I don't think they are, hard to tell for sure, but they're still pretty damn interesting! What do you think, guys?

Saturday morning I was doing some plumbing at home and in the process of opening a pipe union, managae to hit he first joint of my left thumb with a pipe wrench handle that was going at a considerable velocity.

Sunday morning it still hurt so I went to the emergency room for an x-ray. I wore jeans, a black and white checked flannel shirt (Red Green would have been proud) and black pull on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels.

As it turned out I did break my thumb and am now typing with a thumb splint on. I know ER staff have seen most everything but I’ll bet I was the first guy in thigh boots with heels. I got a couple of glances but other than that no reaction at all, including in the waiting room where there were several other people.

After the ER I went to a grocery I haven’t been into before. Some folks noticed but no one batted an eye. One lady who was as tall as I was in my heels glanced twice then gave me a big smile. Another lady did her best to look at my boots as I passed without turning her head.

JeffB -

It’s starting to cool off. You have to take your boots out for a stroll.

I like them alot, Jeff, especially that red pair.

JeffB:-) Your suggestion to Thighbootguy to wear a blue top, black pants, and Blue thigh boots sounds to be like a smashing idea. Those are sure great looking thigh and knee high boots in your pics from Sexy Shoes and How Cool Shoes. I like the looks of them myself. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Saturday morning I was doing some plumbing at home and in the process of opening a pipe union, managae to hit he first joint of my left thumb with a pipe wrench handle that was going at a considerable velocity.

Sunday morning it still hurt so I went to the emergency room for an x-ray. I wore jeans, a black and white checked flannel shirt (Red Green would have been proud) and black pull on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels.

As it turned out I did break my thumb and am now typing with a thumb splint on. I know ER staff have seen most everything but I’ll bet I was the first guy in thigh boots with heels. I got a couple of glances but other than that no reaction at all, including in the waiting room where there were several other people.

After the ER I went to a grocery I haven’t been into before. Some folks noticed but no one batted an eye. One lady who was as tall as I was in my heels glanced twice then gave me a big smile. Another lady did her best to look at my boots as I passed without turning her head.

JeffB -

It’s starting to cool off. You have to take your boots out for a stroll.

Great story thighbootguy! Not so great that you broke your thumb though.

Thighbootguy:-) Going to the hospital to get noticed in your thighboots is kinda stretching it a bit far, don't you think? TEE! HEE! Seriously...I'm sorry that you broke your thumb and I'm sure that it hurts a bit right now. But accidents do happen and this too shall pass. Your typing real good with a thumb splint. Congrats. Your like me...nothing can stop me from typing to the Forum members...not even a stroke. More power to you, my friend. Wait till I tell Mickey about this incident. JeffB:-) Thighbootguy pegs it right...time to break out the boots for street-heeling. I'm wearing mine around the house every day until I get strong enough to wear them out in public again. Good news...I'm going back to work at the Science Center tomorrow for the first time since my stroke. I'm starting out slow with 2 days a week for a while and then I can move it up to 3 days and finally back up to my full 4 days a week over a period of time. YIPPEE!!! Cheers--- Dawn HH

Yo, thighbootguy! Please tell me you weren't watching "Home Improvement" before you went to work on your plumbing! That sounds like something Tim Allen's character would have done on that show! ;) But seriously, too bad about the thumb. Hopefully the injury won't curtail your always excellent high heel adventures! And you're right, now that's October, and the weather has cooled, it is time to take my own thigh boots out for a stroll! For sure that will make for quite an adventure! I'll keep everyone posted!

Well, gents (especially thighbootguy), I finally did it! I went out today in my thigh high boots! Below is a pic of the outfit I wore:

Posted Image

Since today was a holiday (Columbus Day), I decided to go ahead and take the plunge. And it was quite an experience. I didn't do too much on that first outing, my first stop was to Arby's for lunch. This is going to sound incredible, but after I pulled into the lot, it took a good five minutes to muster up the courage to get out of the car. Yes, I was nervous. Damn nervous!

You see, it's one thing to wear boots under jeans, but it's quite another to wear them over jeans! It was like going out in heels for the very first time again, I feelt naked, exposed to the world, thus the nervousness. But I finally got out of the car and went in as hunger drove me onward. Once inside the restaurant which was little better than half full, I took in my surroundings, secretly eyeing other patrons to see if they took notice of the boots. Much to my surprise, no one batted na eyelash. Amazing!

After lunch, it was off to Best Buy for some extended wandering. I was in there for well over thirty minutes, the palce was fairly crowded, and I covered nearly every inch of the store, while stopped by close to a dozen salespeople asking if I needed assistance, again, no wide eyed looks, no double takes, no giggles, chuckles, nothing. That pretty well astonished me. My last stop for the day after Best Buy was to Home Depot to buy a new lamp for my bedroom. It was more crowded and more people saw me, but again, no one took exaggerated notice of the boots.

Finally, it was off for home so I could put up the pictures on my webpage. So, there I was in a restaurant and two big box stores full of people, and I didn't raise so much as a stir. It's been nearly an hour since I got back from my outing and I'm still shocked at how easy it all was, strolling about in thigh high, four inche heeled boots and no one took notice! Astonishing! Needless to say, I'm going to have to go out again in the boots real soon as I had lots of fun on my little outing.

;)

Wow! I can't beleive you mustered up the courage to do that! And that no one really batted an eye or anything! Like it was an obvious outfit with the thigh-high boots over the pants, I would've been a nervous wreck if I did that! I guess it isn't so bad to go streetheeling, the public seems to be more accepting or they just don't care or just don't realize it! Maybe all that nervousness and worrying about other people's reactions is just in my head! I hope to hear more stories from you (JeffB) of future outings, I enjoy reading them! Cheers.

Well, gents (especially thighbootguy), I finally did it! I went out today in my thigh high boots! Below is a pic of the outfit I wore:

Posted Image

Since today was a holiday (Columbus Day), I decided to go ahead and take the plunge. And it was quite an experience. I didn't do too much on that first outing, my first stop was to Arby's for lunch. This is going to sound incredible, but after I pulled into the lot, it took a good five minutes to muster up the courage to get out of the car. Yes, I was nervous. Damn nervous!

You see, it's one thing to wear boots under jeans, but it's quite another to wear them over jeans! It was like going out in heels for the very first time again, I feelt naked, exposed to the world, thus the nervousness. But I finally got out of the car and went in as hunger drove me onward. Once inside the restaurant which was little better than half full, I took in my surroundings, secretly eyeing other patrons to see if they took notice of the boots. Much to my surprise, no one batted na eyelash. Amazing!

After lunch, it was off to Best Buy for some extended wandering. I was in there for well over thirty minutes, the palce was fairly crowded, and I covered nearly every inch of the store, while stopped by close to a dozen salespeople asking if I needed assistance, again, no wide eyed looks, no double takes, no giggles, chuckles, nothing. That pretty well astonished me. My last stop for the day after Best Buy was to Home Depot to buy a new lamp for my bedroom. It was more crowded and more people saw me, but again, no one took exaggerated notice of the boots.

Finally, it was off for home so I could put up the pictures on my webpage. So, there I was in a restaurant and two big box stores full of people, and I didn't raise so much as a stir. It's been nearly an hour since I got back from my outing and I'm still shocked at how easy it all was, strolling about in thigh high, four inche heeled boots and no one took notice! Astonishing! Needless to say, I'm going to have to go out again in the boots real soon as I had lots of fun on my little outing.

;)

Hi Jeff,

I think it was a big outing :lol: I dared at least some little outings. One in the night in my neighbourhood with the same overknees - but in white over tight white jeans. I heard clearly a "bitch" from a car stopping at the zebra crossing. I went to the car and asked the turkish driver "Do you have a problem with my outfit?". The guy was grinning embarassed and answered "No, it's all right". Definitely not the opinion of his mate! Last thursday I met this guy on the street again. Me on heels and he greeting me astonishingly friendly. I had the impression that he was a little bit envious ...

Under my jeans I'm wearing the chocolate brown version regularly.

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

JeffB:-) What can I say...CONGRATS!!! Now you are in league with Thighbootguy and wearing your thighboots outside your pants or jeans. You guys are much braver than I in that respect. I still wear my jeans down over top of my boots, showing a half to an inch of heel. It's amazing that no one even looked at your outfit, did a double take, or commented on it. So, now you will experience similar outings as Thighbootguy. It sounds like good reading from where I sit. I will be looking forward now to reading not only Thighbootguy's stories, but yours also. Cheers--- Dawn HH

JeffB, If I can wear my highest heel dragon boots outside of my jeans unprinted thighboots should be a piece of cake. Good look by the way!

Thanks for the compliments! I appreciate them! It was quite an experience being out in thigh high boots for the first time. I'm sure thighbootguy probably felt the same as I did on his first excursion in his boots. It was both exciting and a tad unnerving until I settled down and I enjoyed the outing. Made me wonder why I hadn't done it much sooner. Of course, a much bigger test will be wearing those boots at a jam packed mall on a Saturday afternoon, and that will be the next destination. Yeah, it was a nice look, but I think I'll try a lighter shade of jeans so the boots will stand out more. As always, I'll keep everyone posted on my progress! ;)