Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Hey, there, TBG! Nice outfit! Long skirt and boots, eh? Was it chilly in your neck of the woods too?

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Great outings. I'm getting the she pronoun more and more myself these days. The first one is surprising for sure!  I also notice that transgender people (in my case) are rare enough that sales associates, salon people etc always seem to remember me and i found that surprising at first. I would not shop at a place for like three months and the SA would be like....hey i remember you. 

Slacks. Now there's a word I haven't heard in a while. In fact, I haven't heard that word used since elementary school, which would be the 1970s for me. I was curious, so I did a Google search. A bit of explanation may be required for our friends outside the U.S.

"Slacks" refers to a dressy bifurcated garment which covers the body from the waist to the ankles, but which is not part of a "suit," which has a matching jacket. We usually use the word "pants" in the U.S. or "trousers" in the U.K. I don't know about Canada or Oz. I have never heard anybody refer to leather pants as "slacks" until now. I guess that means you're one-of-a-kind, TBG!

Yep the word slacks I have not heard for some time, but it normally was a womens garment like mens trousers here in the uk.

life is not a rehearsal

Yep the word slacks I have not heard for some time, but it normally was a womens garment like mens trousers here in the uk.

Yes, that is the usually understood meaning nowadays in the UK, although the term is not often used, except perhaps by older women for whom it was the normal name for a pair of casual trousers when they were young.   At one time it was used by both sexes to describe casual trousers, usually fairly loose-fitting (hence 'slack'), although of course trousers were not 'acceptable' everyday wear for women until WW2.   In the UK, we find the term 'pants' (meaning trousers) amusing and somewhat embarrassing, as pants to us are briefs or knickers worn by either sex as underwear.   Two nations divided by a common language ...

Yes, that is the usually understood meaning nowadays in the UK, although the term is not often used, except perhaps by older women for whom it was the normal name for a pair of casual trousers when they were young. At one time it was used by both sexes to describe casual trousers, usually fairly loose-fitting (hence 'slack'), although of course trousers were not 'acceptable' everyday wear for women until WW2. In the UK, we find the term 'pants' (meaning trousers) amusing and somewhat embarrassing, as pants to us are briefs or knickers worn by either sex as underwear. Two nations divided by a common language ...

I find this difference in terminology fascinating as a native English speaker, but it makes me wonder how I should teach my several Vietnamese students. On the one hand, I would feel strange as an American using the word "trousers" to describe the ubiquitous garment. On the other hand, I would hate for them to be a source of amusement because of the understood UK meaning of "pants" being underwear. Who knew that a high heel website would be such an educational experience in linguistics?

I still call 'em "slacks," or pants…..  Rarely do I use the term trousers.   English is the best and strangest language on earth….   ha ha ….   sf

ref the "punch line" of the following "off color" (spelling intentional) joke….  

An air traffic control tower suddenly lost communication with a small twin-engine aircraft.  A moment later the tower landline rang and was answered by one of the employees.  The passenger riding with the pilot who lost communications was on a cellular phone and yelled "Mayday, mayday!!  The pilot had an instant and fatal heart attack.  I grabbed his cell phone out of his pocket and he had told me before we took off he had the tower on his speed dial memory.  I am flying upside down at 18,000 feet and traveling at 180 mph.  Mayday, mayday!!"  The employee in the tower had put him on speakerphone immediately.  "Calm down, we acknowledge you and we’ll guide you down after a few questions.  The first thing is not to panic, remain calm!!".  He began his series of questions: Tower : "How do you know you are traveling at 18,000 feet?"  Aircraft: "I can see that it reads 18,000 feet on the Altimeter dial in front of me."  Tower: "Okay, that’s good, remain calm.  How do you know you’re traveling at 180 mph?"  Aircraft: "I can see that it reads 180 mph on the Airspeed dial in front of me."  Tower: Okay, this is great so far, but it’s heavily overcast, so how do you know you're flying upside down?"  Aircraft:” “The shit in my pants is running out of my shirt collar.” 

​sorry….

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Miroseplant:   I can't suggest a compromise or universal term for the 'bifurcated garment' but, if you are teaching in the US, I suppose you should stick to the US term.   Aside from your admission to be an American, you give yourself away with one word:   '... hate for them ..' is not a normal (UK) English construction; the 'for' is omitted.   (In the US, superfluous or different 'add ons' abound, e.g. 'meet with'; 'park up'; 'different than') and we find your use of adjectives as adverbs ('He ran quick ...') puzzling.)

SF:   A neat joke!   And it works equally well whichever meaning of 'pants' is understood.   My stepsons (in the RAF and Army Air Corps respectively) will be informed shortly.

Wow.  See if I wear slacks again.  Thanks folks for the comments and the great story.  I know a couple of flyers that will appreciate it.

I needed to go to Sam's this morning so I ventured fourth wearing a pink long top under a denim vest, a denim mini skirt, black leggings, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos.

post-530-0-65197500-1433787046_thumb.jpg

My first stop was my favorite thrift store.  As soon as I walked in one of the gals at the front desk commented how ratty my leggings looked.  To her credit I had joked a lot with her yesterday and she was getting me back, but she was correct.  There is a hole in the material which is visible in the picture.  I really thought my boots would cover the hole but alas, I wound up wearing ratty leggings.  I picked up a pair of 5" heels off the shoe rack as one of the managers was walking by she said, "You'll hurt yourself with those."

I said, "Oh, I don't think so" and showed her the heel on my boots.  She hadnrt noticed then and just shook her head and laughed.   Unfortunately the shoes were a size 10 so they were too small for me.

I wandered around and found a couple more long tops and took them up to the register and checked out.  As I was walking away one of the gals said, "I don't know how he walks on those things."  I was out the door and didn't have a chance to apply.  When I got outside I saw a ceiling fan they had just brought outside.  The yard guy said the fan was $2 so I headed back in to pay for it.  The gal that commented on my heels was at the register and I told her that walking on these heels was easy and that it just took practice.  She said that all she wore were flip-flops and laughed as I just shook my head.

The next stop was Sam's.  I walked in and got a couple Hellos from the staff.  I didn't wander around too much, but just got my items and headed to the register.  I got a couple of looks from the other shoppers but that's normal.

My last stop was Kroger for a couple items not available at Sam's.  I didn't spend too much time shopping.  I grabbed a picture out in the parking lot.

:wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I have never had that problem with my guitar but then again I play electric guitar. Interesting problem. OTH I will be getting a pair of tan wedge thigh high boots soon. I wish we lived closer together so we could jam. It would be interesting jamming with another heeler. 

77r90dL lf

Nice pics of your ensembles, TBG. I don't play a guitar, so I don't know the first thing about, what you were talking about.

I play drums, I have played in Drum & Bugle Corps and Marching Bands, since I was a teenager.. I know how to keep a beat, marching  but have never played on a drum set.

However, I do like to wear heels and women's clothing, just like you do.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

The temperature is almost 90F (32C) but I still needed to cut some grass.  I wore a V-necked purple shirt with miniature buttons ob the V for trim, black leggings, a wide brimmed straw hat, and brown pumps with a 1/8" block heel.

post-530-0-12821500-1434046762_thumb.jpg

Fortunately the humidity was around 40% so it was comfortable.

:wavey:

Bluejay -  thanks for the kind words.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 2 weeks later...

Please RE-Read the rules... If you are going to start trying to present yourself here as 1 operation short of being a woman, then your posts will be removed.

HHPlace is not a TV/TG website, so please do not try to fill it with TV/TG content/pictures.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

I have had to lock this topic for now, it needs a total cleanup, seriously, a LOT of the pictures are absurd, and many definitely do not belong here.

Please, ask yourself, when posting pictures, would other people be proud and happy of having HHPlace in their browser history or would they try to hide it?

Lately, this entire thread is shamefully absurd and is NOT what HHPlace is about...

Men dressing as whores and using fake breasts and bra's? WTF is going on!!!!

This is not just unwanted here, but many of the pictures would be considered highly inappropriate in public...

There is a huge difference between "Pushing the envelope" and being highly inappropriate!

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!