Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Surely it was appropriate to wear dead-flat shoes to shop in "Lowe's", TBG?   But didn't you get a nosebleed or something from being so unusually close to the ground?  :-?

In England, there is a small chain of up-market furniture/furnishing shops called "Heal's".   I think you should pay one a visit ...

I decided I really did like that short brown leather skirt with the leather jacket.  I wore them again with a leather vest and a pink T-shirt, black leggings, and black leather thigh boots with 5 ¼" stilettos.

post-530-0-20359000-1426888398_thumb.jpg

I went back to Lowe's to get a pull chain for the new ceiling fan.  I took my time and wandered around a good bit.  I think I was ignored by one sales associate, but everyone was helpful. (Puffer - I thought about wearing my flats but decided to elevate the outing.)

I stopped at my favorite thrift store but didn't see anything that caught my interest.

My last stop was a liquor store for some Scotch.  I think there were some staff comments out of my hearing based on the laughter, but it may have just been a good story being told.  Atthe counter I was just another customer.

It was a short but fun outing.    

:wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I went out to Kroger's for milk and OJ wearing a green turtleneck under a leather jacket, a short cream suede skirt with side lacing, black leggings, and brown pumps with ⅛" block heels (flats).  Having lost a night's sleep, I was too tired to mess with 5 ¼" stilettos.

I got one hard look from a lady in the parking lot but other than that no one seemed to notice (or I was too tired to notice).

A short uneventful outing.

post-530-0-15985000-1426976399_thumb.jpg

Sorry about the stick in the foreground.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I needed a couple of grocery items today and the color red ran through my mind.  I headed out wearing a white satin blouse over a red T-shirt under a red suede jacket, a red suede skirt, black leggings, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos.

post-530-0-32237500-1427147243_thumb.jpg

The first stop was at my favorite thrift store where I passes up two more dishwashers.  When I walked in I got Hellos from the staff and told them I felt like having a red day which got m a good laugh form all.  I ran into a lady from the vet and she commented, "I really love our boots, but I could never wear them."  I told her boots were easier than pumps and we chatted about what she was looking for.

The next stop was Sam's and again I was greeted warmly by the staff.  I took my time and wandered around and just enjoyed myself.  I also stopped in the liquor shop at Sam's and chatted with the gal at the counter.

The last stop was a Remkey's market that I don't normally use.  I picked up a hand basket rather than a cart and went looking for a couple of items.  There was a little girl that decided to keep peeking around the end of the isle to look at me and she would disappear if I looked in her direction.  Her mother finally collected her.  I did get a couple of looks but, in red suede,  I expected that.

I headed home and grabbed picture before it started to rain and snow.  All in all a really fun outing.

I went to Kroger's this morning for some milk wearing a blue T-shirt under a leather jacket, a short leather skirt, nude hose, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stiletto heels.  It was cool (40F 4C) and raining and I did notice I wasn't wearing leggings.  I also noticed that without leggings, there is no sitting down in this skirt.

post-530-0-94317800-1427382263_thumb.jpg

Shopping was uneventful.  I wandered around the isles and found a couple of items that I didn't know I needed (one of the dangers of wandering the isles).  At the register my favorite clerk asked, "Is that a new outfit?  That's really nice.  I tend to like black but that color is really nice on you."  I realized she probably hadn't seen this combination before even though I have been wearing it a lot for the past week.

I said, "It's almost new.  It does seem to get a lot of attention."  She repeated that it looked nice and we bid each other a good day.

Short but nice outing in spite of the rain.

I ran around today wearing a salmon T-shirt under a red leather jacket, denim leggings, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos.

post-530-0-44934200-1427590778_thumb.jpg

I went to Lowe's, Walgreen's, my favorite thrift store, and Kroger's.  The outing was uneventful except at Walgreen's where the pharmacist said she really liked the color of my shirt.

I had a fn time today.  I went out wearing a red scoop neck T-shirt under a red leather jacket, hose, a short light tan suede side laced skirt, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos.  I added a gold necklace and put on a good face with a little makeup eyelashes and lipstick.

post-530-0-00599400-1427737667_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-70112000-1427737678_thumb.jpg

The first stop was the city building to pay a waste collection fee.  The only parking space on the street was right in front of the city building so I didn't get too much of a chance to "walk the streets".  I went in and there were three folks in the lobby.  I walked up to the cashiers window and gave her my bill and payment.  I noticed an old guy behind me (I saw his reflection in the cashiers window) look at someone else and point at me.  I don't know if he was pointing at the skirt or my boots but I turned toward him and stared at his shoes for a few seconds.  The subtly of the gesture was lost on him.  No one else batted an eye and I headed back to my car.

The next stop was my favorite thrift store where I was greeted with hellos.  I wandered around and saw a suit that I thought would look good.  More specifically the suit was a size 16 jacket and 14 skirt in pink silk.  I tried it on just to be sure it fit and although I'll have to lose an inch off my waist I bought the suit for $4.50 (pictures later).  The gals at the counter commented that my outfit worked well.

The next stop was at Sam's where I got a hug from one of the managers.  I took my time wandering around and bought a few items I hadn't planned on buying but that's the danger in wandering around.  I was also given a tract by a self appointer evangelist encouraging me to get saved.  He must have thought I really needed it because I didn't notice him giving stuff to anyone else.

The last stop was JeffB inspired.  I stopped at Burger King and went in to order a carry out.  I stood in line to place m order and then waited for it to be filled.  No one seemed to bat an eye.  I won't do this very often if I really want to wear my new pink skirt.

As I was carrying stuff from my car into my house I overheard one of the neighborhood kids saying ¿female?.

It was a fun way to pay a bill.

Today's outings took more nerve than I thought I had.  I wore my new pink silk suit with hose and mauve open toe pumps.  I switched to my white bag and put on a little mauve lipstick.  It took a few minutes of courage gathering  for me to walk out of the house to the car.  Once I was out I was Ok but this outfit really pushed my envelope further and in a different direction than I was expecting.  This was one of the first times I have worn an outfit that was right down that middle of normal female attire.  When I'm wearing my thigh boots I know I'm not wearing something that most gals would wear and I take some comfort (a lot actually) in the strong statement they make to balance whatever else I'm wearing.  This outfit offered me no such comfort.

post-530-0-66077900-1427993731_thumb.jpg

My first stop was Kroger's for milk and OJ.  I didn't have any trouble getting out of the car and heading in, but I caught my reflection in the glass doors and was a little surprised at all the pink looking back at me.  In the store I wandered a bit and had to ask where an item was shelved and I got a cool but polite response.  My favorite register clerk commented as I walked up, "Oooo that really looks nice... I really like it."

"The shoes match."

"Yes, I saw that.  That's really nice".

"This took more nerve than I thought I had."

Polite laughter.  "You take care... You really do look good".

Like I mentioned before that's why she is my favorite clerk.

I stopped at a pay at the pump gas station and filled the tank.  There was only one other guy and he did look at me for a while.

I headed back home and pit the perishables away.  I changed my headband to a lighter one and headed out to the nail salon.

post-530-0-65501600-1427993747_thumb.jpg

At the salon I felt like I got a cool reception from the workers and from the gals waiting to get their nails done.  It may have been that I was dressed better than anyone else in the place or that the outfit may have been to overly fermium, or both.  I sat waiting for about 30 minutes (and did remember to cross my legs).   When the guy that often does my nails called me, I asked how he was doing and got no reply at all.  I was thinking,  "What's going on?"  One of the gals that works there did give me a nice smile and a Hello which made me feel a little better.  When he finished with my nails, I had to walk the length of the salon back to the wash stand to wash my hands.  There is a big mirror behind the stand and I got to see the full effect of the outfit.  It was a lot of pink, and it really did look good except for the shock that a guy with a beard was wearing it.

I stopped a nearby thrift store that did require me to walk about a half a block on the street and none of the staff I know were there.  No one said a word to me as I browsed about.

The last stop was Walgreen's to pick up a prescription and again none of the staff I knew was on duty and again no one said a word.

I've often posted that I feel more comfortable wearing my thigh boots than I do wearing pumps but I think there was more to it than that.  I didn't feel uncomfortable wearing what I had on and I projected an image of confidence but what came back to me was different than anything I have experienced.

l'd be interested in others thoughts.

Steve - The first thing that went through my mind was the quote that I can tune a guitar but I can't tuna fish.

Pushing the envelope is awesome and great outfit. You're right quite femme but makes a strong statement. I am completely comfortable in women's in my wardrobe which is almost all women's attire but more in the lines of jeans, slacks, shorts tops etc. I need to step outside my box and wear more skirts/dresses in public places other than my office. 

Thanks for the inspiration.

Wow, TBG! That outfir certainly did push the envelope off the proverbial cliff! However, you should've saved that ensemble for Easter Sunday where you would've fit in just fine with all the ladies showing off their finery. Still, well done, my friend!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I returned a library book early his morning, before the library was opened.  I wore a denim skirt, black leggings, and pumps with an 1/8" block heel.  It was chilly so I wore my long leather gloves.

post-530-0-26685000-1428150065_thumb.jpg

I did have to get out of the car at the library, but it was early and there was no one around.

The first thing about wearing non-traditional clothing is getting used to seeing yourself so atired.  I'm very used to seeing myself wearing my thigh boots but I'm not used to seeing myself in long gloves.  I love wearing them, in fact I wore gloves at home long before I wore any women's boots, but I'm not used to seeing myself wearing them and that makes projecting confidence a challenge.

It looks like the last time I seriously went out wearing these gloves was 2011, and it seems they were well accepted.  I may have to give them a try again.

I ran out for a quick shopping trip wearing a pink T-shirt, denim jacket and skirt, black leggings, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos.

post-530-0-60296500-1428194000_thumb.jpg

The first stop was Remkee's for some ham, cheese and beer.  I took my time and just enjoyed wandering the isles.  There was even a promotion lady that gave me a $1 coupon for an item I was going to buy anyway.  I think it took her a few seconds to wrap her head around waiting on a guy dressed as I was but she soldiered on and wound up being very helpful.

I stopped in my favorite thrift store and found another suit the same style as the pink one only it is polyester rather than silk and sky blue in color (pictures later).  As I was leaving I spotted  kitchen base cabinet.  I stood there thinking about it and the manager said $5.  For that price I could throw it away and not be out very much.  I went back in and paid for the cabinet and they helped me load it into my car.  When I got it home I got out the two wheeler and hauled it into the kitchen.  It looks like it will fit right next to the dishwasher.  I didn't get any pictures of that move but I had to take it from the side of the house where I parked and  onto the front porch and in the front door.  That was a lot of maneuvering in a skirt and 5¼" heels.

THBG,

I love the pink ensemble. You look great wearing the pink. The white acessories, bag and head band offer a nice contrast, to your overall look. Great job!

I also like to wear pink especially, hot pink shades.

BTW, how did you fare out with all the rain and flooding in your area, a couple days ago? Maybe you needed to wear waders, instead of thigh-hi boots.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

THBG,

I love the pink ensemble. You look great wearing the pink. The white acessories, bag and head band offer a nice contrast, to your overall look. Great job!

I also like to wear pink especially, hot pink shades.

BTW, how did you fare out with all the rain and flooding in your area, a couple days ago? Maybe you needed to wear waders, instead of thigh-hi boots.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I'm still trying to get over having worn that pink outfit.  Normally when I get home from an outing I'm tired from just staying as focused as I try to be.  Doing that takes a lot of unconscious effort.  When I got home from the pink outing I was exhausted.

I live on a hill several hundred feet above the Ohio river and although the river was above flood stage there was no chance of it reaching me and being on a hill I have pretty good drainage.  The only danger is if the sewer system can't handle the volume, but I've been high and dry.

I pulled on a skirt, leggings and flats post-530-0-62101800-1428241100_thumb.jpg

and walked down to the river for a normal level picture post-530-0-96120200-1428241376_thumb.jpg

to contrast it with the flood level picture. post-530-0-02163200-1428241099_thumb.jpg

You can see the river level markings on both bridges. (Sorry the current picture was right into the sun.)

I did try on my new blue suit but I haven't worn it for an outing.

post-530-0-30683200-1428241101_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-03860200-1428241102_thumb.jpg

I'm still trying to get over having worn that pink outfit.  Normally when I get home from an outing I'm tired from just staying as focused as I try to be.  Doing that takes a lot of unconscious effort.  When I got home from the pink outing I was exhausted.

I live on a hill several hundred feet above the Ohio river and although the river was above flood stage there was no chance of it reaching me and being on a hill I have pretty good drainage.  The only danger is if the sewer system can't handle the volume, but I've been high and dry.

I pulled on a skirt, leggings and flats attachicon.gifGEDC0375.jpg

and walked down to the river for a normal level picture attachicon.gifGEDC0373.jpg

to contrast it with the flood level picture. attachicon.gifGEDC0326.jpg

You can see the river level markings on both bridges. (Sorry the current picture was right into the sun.)

I did try on my new blue suit but I haven't worn it for an outing.

attachicon.gifGEDC0371.jpg  attachicon.gifGEDC0372.jpg

The outfit looks good with the boots, would have looked even better if you had worn your long gloves and a wide brimmed hat(preferably lt blue or black with it!!!!

TBG, I just have to give you credit for giving the pink outfit a shot. Whether it is beyond the scope of your typical preference or not it took guts to push the envelope. Whether you wear it again or not, to use Jeff B's term, Bravo!

Best,

Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

I went out this morning to get some groceries I really didn't need.  I went to Kroger's wearing a blue T-shirt, a blue suit (jacket and skirt), hose, black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos, and shoulder length black leather opera gloves.  This skit (as well as the pink one) are skin tight so the hose were very helpful in getting it on and without wrinkles or lumps. 

post-530-0-82760500-1428327490_thumb.jpg

I've poster before that the gloves push my comfort zone a bit and I normally don't wear them exposed but this is a short sleeved jacket and I was wearing my thigh boots (and they do put me in my comfort zone) so I tried them on and kind of liked the look.  Other than being way over dresses for early morning grocery shopping, I liked the look.

I drove to Kroger's, parked, took a deep breath, got out of the car, pulled my boots up, straightened the skirt, and smoothed my gloves up my arms.  I got a small cart and headed into the store.  To my surprise folks generally ignored me.  I gave and received a friendly nod from some of the clerks.  However, I walked passed one guy (vendor, not a store clerk) and overheard the word Halloween when I was well passed.

When I got to my favorite checkout clerk, she saw me in line, raised her eyebrows and said, "You look nice",  She was waiting on another customer at the time who looked back to see what she was talking about.  Normally the protocol is "give your full attention to your current customer" so her reaction was exceptional.  When it was my turn she repeated "Oh you look nice today...I've never seen gloves that go up that high...They'd make my arms too warm... You really do look nice".  (This is why she is my favorite clerk.)  I also noticed there were at least four bagging clerks hanging around.

I told her it was cool enough outside that the gloves were comfortable and asked her if they were too much.  She said, "Oh no, they look great".  As I walked away from the register she turned and saw the full outfit including my boots.  Her eyebrows went up again and she nodded "Very nice".

I don't know what the bagging clerks thought of her reaction, but I thought it was great.

I headed back out to the car and home.

post-530-0-52721900-1428327491_thumb.jpg

I've mentioned before that confidence comes from liking what you see in a mirror but it's more than that; I comes from being able to see yourself in your own mind.  I haven't been able to see myself wearing those gloves and I'll admit I'm still trying to wrap my head around the look.  The one overly positive response is encouraging.  I think I would have gotten the negative one regardless of what I was wearing with my boots.

It may be too late in the season to start wearing those gloves,  They are warm and if my arms perspire at all in the gloves they are almost impossible to get off.  One option is to wear them over a long sleeved top (probably without the jacket).  I'll have to give that some thought.

Ideas/opinions are welcome.

I went out this morning to get some groceries I really didn't need.  I went to Kroger's wearing a blue T-shirt, a blue suit (jacket and skirt), hose, black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos, and shoulder length black leather opera gloves.  This skit (as well as the pink one) are skin tight so the hose were very helpful in getting it on and without wrinkles or lumps. 

attachicon.gifGEDC0377.jpg

I've poster before that the gloves push my comfort zone a bit and I normally don't wear them exposed but this is a short sleeved jacket and I was wearing my thigh boots (and they do put me in my comfort zone) so I tried them on and kind of liked the look.  Other than being way over dresses for early morning grocery shopping, I liked the look.

I drove to Kroger's, parked, took a deep breath, got out of the car, pulled my boots up, straightened the skirt, and smoothed my gloves up my arms.  I got a small cart and headed into the store.  To my surprise folks generally ignored me.  I gave and received a friendly nod from some of the clerks.  However, I walked passed one guy (vendor, not a store clerk) and overheard the word Halloween when I was well passed.

When I got to my favorite checkout clerk, she saw me in line, raised her eyebrows and said, "You look nice",  She was waiting on another customer at the time who looked back to see what she was talking about.  Normally the protocol is "give your full attention to your current customer" so her reaction was exceptional.  When it was my turn she repeated "Oh you look nice today...I've never seen gloves that go up that high...They'd make my arms too warm... You really do look nice".  (This is why she is my favorite clerk.)  I also noticed there were at least four bagging clerks hanging around.

I told her it was cool enough outside that the gloves were comfortable and asked her if they were too much.  She said, "Oh no, they look great".  As I walked away from the register she turned and saw the full outfit including my boots.  Her eyebrows went up again and she nodded "Very nice".

I don't know what the bagging clerks thought of her reaction, but I thought it was great.

I headed back out to the car and home.

attachicon.gifGEDC0376.jpg

I've mentioned before that confidence comes from liking what you see in a mirror but it's more than that; I comes from being able to see yourself in your own mind.  I haven't been able to see myself wearing those gloves and I'll admit I'm still trying to wrap my head around the look.  The one overly positive response is encouraging.  I think I would have gotten the negative one regardless of what I was wearing with my boots.

It may be too late in the season to start wearing those gloves,  They are warm and if my arms perspire at all in the gloves they are almost impossible to get off.  One option is to wear them over a long sleeved top (probably without the jacket).  I'll have to give that some thought.

Ideas/opinions are welcome.

Well TBG I see you went for the look that I suggested......now if you could find a wide brimmed hat in the same shade of light blue as your suit(or black) and a good looking pair of sunglasses your look would be complete. Keep up the habit of wearing what you want and to hell with what anybody thinks!!!

The outfit looks great! I love that shade of blue. I prefer more fitting skirts as it shows off my legs and that's generally the length (or just above the knee) I wear. I have a couple of mini skirts but they are more for summer. You look fabulous. I like the way the dress clings to your bust as well. Looks better with no tights, IMHO :wink:

I went to Walgreen's for a prescription wearing a salmon colored T-shirt under a leather jacket, tan leggings, a black leather skirt, and open tow wedge pumps with a  big ankle strap.

post-530-0-71182300-1428596410_thumb.jpg

The Walgreen's staff that know me must have had the day off so this was like being in a new store.  I got mostly positive vibes with the exception of two young guys that left before I did and were sitting in a pickup truck in the parking lot.  I think there laughter was at my expense but that happens.

I went on to Kroger's where my favorite clerk said, "You look nice today.  Were those gloves too warm... I've never seen gloves that long."

"No they really weren't until I got inside.  Weren't they a little too much for early morning shopping?"

"Not at all, I really liked them."

As I walked away from the register she got a look at my shoes and said, "OOh Nice shoes... they look good".  She was speaking to me while I was at least 20 feet away.  I kind of wonder what the other customers and staff were thinking.  I was thinking that the shoulder length opera gloves had made a bigger impression than I thought they would.

My last stop was my favorite thrift store.  If I'm in the area it's worth taking the time to stop in.  The inventory turns over almost daily.  I walked in and was loudly greeted by two of the ladies that run the front counter.  Something like, "Oh you look nice today... and look at those shoes... I can't walk in them... look how well he does in those."  Other then the good stuff they often have, being greeted like that is another reason it is my favorite thrift store.  I wandered around but left without buying anything.  I kind of decided not to buy something just because it would be fun to wear and limit my purchases to stuff I will wear in public.

I headed back home and repaired a turn signal on my car (corroded contact needed cleaning) then grabbed a picture.

Short but fun outing.

Crotchhiguy & Crotchhiboots - I did think about your recommendation when I decided to wear my gloves...but I'm still trying to wrap my head around the look.   But then I have the same problem wearing pumps.