Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

I have been out several times since my last post mostly going to Lowe's, the pharmacy and my favorite thrift store.

Most of the outings were uneventful.  The folks at the places I frequent are now used to seeing me (even at Lowe's).  I did get one hard stare from a guy buying drywall joint compound at Lowe's but I just gave him a friendly nod and kept going.  At the thrift store I walked past a little girl and her mom and heard the little girl say, "That's not a girl...that's a boy".  I was well past and could not hear her mom's explanation (if there was one). 

At Lowe's I bought some ½" composition board to repair the bathroom vanity I just bought and I picked up a couple of clean 2x4s just because you should always have a clean 2x4 handy.  I also bought a pack of nitrile coated (blue) gloves that are a lot more flexible than the leather gloves I have been using as work gloves.

post-530-0-04870400-1421851082_thumb.jpg

:wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I played guitar at the neighborhood free store this morning wearing a light brown leather jacket over a salmon T-shirt, denim leggings and brown knee high boots with 3" block heels.  The event well and folks there are used to seeing me in boots.

Later I went to Sam's wearing the same outfit except for a black leather jacket and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos.  Again the folks at Sam's are used to seeing me in thigh boots.  After Sam's I went to Kroger's and my favorite clerk said, "Oh your wearing jeans today!?".

post-530-0-74286700-1422122657_thumb.jpg

I said, "Yeah but they are really denim leggings".

"Really, let me see", and I stepped back a bit, "they look nice!".

It was a fun start of a day.

JeffB - Actually working with my hands is something I missed while I was sitting behind a desk.  My only concern now is hurting my hands since they are quite important when I comes to playing guitar, hence the gloves.  It has always been a frustration to me that all I did at work was to rearrange magnetic domains on spinning ferrite coated aluminum disks.  I never created anything you could hold in your hands.  Woodworking satisfies that desire.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

TBG: I work behind a desk, and I'm happy to be a cubicle creature. HA! The last time I did any woodworking was when I had wood shop in high school, and I didn't much like it back then. I'm glad you're getting to do something you enjoy when it comes to being creative.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I went to Kroger's this morning for some milk wearing a blue scoop neck T-shirt, two strand pearl necklace, black leggings, a black leather skirt, a short denim jacket, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos.

Shopping was uneventful as usual.  I did buy a gallon of windshield washer fluid and refilled the reservoir in my car in the parking lot.  The temperature was just below 20F (-7C) so it was no time to have an icy windshield.

I stopped in a local park for a couple pictures.

post-530-0-73059300-1422462076_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-93318600-1422462087_thumb.jpg

Yesterday the city tore down a house next to mine (it was abandoned and falling over) and I went outside to watch (and to make sure that was all they destroyed).  The temperature was around 20F and I wore a heavy knit long sleeved blue dress under a long leather coat, gray fleece lined leggings and brown knee high boots with 3" block heels.  The coat completely covered the dress but the outfit was very warm except my toes really got cold.  Heavier socks would have solved the problem but then the boots wouldn't fit.  All went well until the wind shifted and I got a lung full of dust and I have been fighting flu like symptoms ever since. :irked:

post-530-0-35924400-1422462109_thumb.jpg

They started at 07:00.

Me and my shadow. :sing:

post-530-0-21076300-1422462061_thumb.jpg

Dr.Shoe - I'm not quite that feeble yet.

Be honest, TBG!    The demolition was the culmination of your latest attempt at DIY, wasn't it?  :cheeky:

By the way, what exactly was the '1/2" composition board' you bought for the vanity unit repair?   In the UK, the term can mean several different things but I'm guessing you used MDF (medium density fibreboard).   If so, I do hope it was the water-resistant variety as the standard product, however well painted or sealed, does not like the water (or steam) that will inevitably come into contact with it in any bathroom.   (I've been there, done that and got the wet tee-shirt.  :oops: )

IT was MDF and it was better material then the cabinet was made of.  I had to shorten the cabinet by 3" to get it to fit in the available space.  Right now the floor of the cabinet is sitting on the floor of the bathroom.  I'm going to put a thin frame under the cabinet to get it off the floor.  Thanks for the tip on sealing it.

And as for the demolition being my doing... I don't have it in any more me to work that hard.

TBG

Noted, TBG.   I wasn't suggesting that you personally carried out the demolition - only that it was perhaps necessary after some DIY efforts went wrong!! :cheeky:   I have spent the last 3.5 years rebuilding a first floor flat (bought as an empty shell with a leaky roof and unlevel floor) so I know only too well what physical effort is involved, e.g. in carrying 97 plasterboards (8' x 4' and some weighing over 70lbs) up a flight of stairs, erecting ceilings etc.   Still, it is just about finished now and fully habitable.

I made built-in basin and WC vanity units, using WBP plywood for the front, sides and shelves and topped with the offcuts of laminated kitchen worktop created when a sink aperture is cut out.   The floor and walls are tiled.   Even though the ply should resist water, I sealed the bottom edges with varnish (and likewise the worktop edges) to eliminate (I hope) water penetration.   And the basin and wall are sealed to the worktop with silicone.  I have used MDF in the past for similar unit or cupboard carcases, and for bathroom skirting boards, and believe me it loves to attract any water on the floor which soaks into the fibres and swells the board.   But you have taken the point and will I hope avoid trouble. 

I went out shopping this morning feeling a little more like cross dressing than I normally do.  I put on a green t-shirt under a green sweater, hose, a short denim skirt, and black leather thigh boots with 5 ¼" stilettos.  I added a little mascara, eye liner and lipstick.  Maybe the fact I'm coming off the flu and feel like warmed over do-do has something to do with it.

post-530-0-82281800-1422810952_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-77337300-1422810965_thumb.jpg

The temperature was near 40F (4C) but everyone was dresses like it was much colder.  I was the only one with bare legs.

post-530-0-65504700-1422810982_thumb.jpg

The first stop was Walgreens to drop off a couple prescriptions.  It was a quick in and out and the folks at the store know me.

Next I went to Krogers and enjoyed watching people try to ignore me.  Most did a pretty good job but a few took a second look.  The parking lot was full so I had a long walk into and out of the store.

Last stop was Tuesday Morning where I just wandered through looking for nothing.

I stopped and took a couple of pictures.

I ran out to my favorite thrift store this morning wearing a green hooded sweater under my red leather jacket, black leggings, and black leather thigh boots with 5 ¼" stiletto heels.

I wandered around and found a couple of CD.  There was a lady trying on a really cute pair round toe pumps with a 4-5" block heel (size 6).  I pointed out a really nice pair of  OTK boots with a stiletto heel in a size 8 before I found out she was a size 6.  She thanked me and seemed to really appreciate the tip.  As I was leaving their outside guy saw me and pointed out a Maytag dishwasher and gave me a $1 price.  It looked better than the one I had just installed and, for the price, I thought it would be worth a try.

The one I just installed works well but is quite loud when it runs so I'll swap in the Maytag.  If it works I have a good friend that needs one so it won't be wasted.  (And No, I'm not going to post installing dishwashers in the Projects thread.)

When I got home I brought in the trash and recycle cans.

post-530-0-60261400-1423252320_thumb.jpg

I then discovered I had split a salon nail the full  length of the nail.  I immediately headed over to the nail salon to have it replaced.

It has been a fun morning.

I went to Kroger's this morning wearing a salmon T-shirt, red leather jacket, denim jean leggings, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼ " stilettos.  The shopping was uneventful.  No one even gave me  second look.  I took advantage of a lot of coupons Kroger had mailed me, including Maybelline mascara.

post-530-0-15393100-1423497913_thumb.jpg

The temperature has started down again.  It was almost 50F(10C) this weekend but is headed down to the 20sF (-6C) today.  I still have a clogged up throat.  Does anyone else remember the Smiling Ed TV show sponsored by Buster Brown Shoes on Saturday morning TV?  There was a character on the show named "Froggy the Gremlin" and I have been sounding like Froggy for the past several days.  My voice is down about an octave and just for grins I recorded a couple of songs that I'm calling "The Flu Suite"  :sing:.

Looking forward to the recordings TBG. To hear a voice is even better than a pic.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I went out this afternoon with a camera to get some pictures in a local park.  The temperature was around 30F (0C).  I was wearing black leggings, a salmon T-shirt under a dark green button up sweater under a red leather jacket, a black leather skirt, and black leather thigh boots with 5 ¼" stilettos.

I have been walking ion these heels for years and I manage as well if not better than most but I was in for a rude awakening today.  I was walking down a very rough, overgrown, unmaintained set of stone steps carrying my camera on its tripod and my leather bag when my heel went down in a hole and firmly stuck there.  I fell face forward with no chance to catch myself and landed on my left knee and both hands. I said a few bad words  :censored:  and then picked myself up and checked the camera and my bag which were both Ok.  I think the boot shaft covering my knee took the brunt of the fall and protected my knee.

post-530-0-18640100-1423870254_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-66234300-1423870281_thumb.jpg

I may be a slow learner but please spare me the "That wasn't a good place to wear 5" stilettos" comments.

Later I was photographing a tree by the golf course and I was on the cart path which ran right beside the road.  The park ranger :drillsergeant: , who had given me a sour look earlier, pulled up behind my car and got on his PA system with, "FOR HEALTH AND SAFETY REASONS, NO ONE IS ALLOWED ON THE GOLF COURSE UNLESS THEY ARE PLAYING GOLF. REMOVE YOURSELF FROM THE GOLF COURSE."  I immediately picked up my camera and tripod and crossed the street and took my picture from a rise there. 

post-530-0-12700700-1423870295_thumb.jpg

I really think they guy didn't want someone dressed like I was in his park.  Remember it was 30F in the middle of February, and there was no one playing golf on the brown golf course.  Since I use that park a lot, it wasn't worth upsetting the guy more than my just being there seemed to.

Other then wounded pride and a sore knee, it was a fun afternoon and a learning experience. :penitent:

Glad to hear you weren't hurt other that your pride (that's bad enough).

The path doesn't appear to be to bad for 5'' spikes, but its always what you don't see that gets you.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Hey there, TBG! Glad to hear you weren't hurt. As for that park ranger, I guess he got his jollies from bossing someone around.

Guys;

Thanks for the concerns for me and my boots, which other than getting a little bit muddy, were fine. I wound up pealing back a coupe layers of skin on my knee and one of my knuckles.  There were also a bunch of sore muscles and joints.  I'm going to have to be much more careful because up to this point I have never broken a bone and at my age it is a much anything to do.  I've started to notice that I don't bounce as well as I used to.

I was lucky that the crack between the rocks that my heel went into was in a flat section of the path.  Had it been on one of the steps, my fall would have been a lot worse. :shinner:

I am not a golfer.  I have never seen the sport in whacking a little defenseless white ball until it finally takes shelter in a hole in the ground.  However, I am considering getting a putter and a golf ball at the thrift store and getting a Tee time when no one else is using the course.  Of course I would ask if I would be allowed to take pictures :camera:  while I'm on the course. ...just to see what would happen :cop:

It really isn't worth the expense of the putter and Tee time and explaining that my golf shoes only have one spike each so I don't think I'll go golfing. :penitent:

I went to Sam's wearing black leggings, a black leather micro skirt, a red turtleneck under a red leather jacket, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos.

post-530-0-71121300-1423953713_thumb.jpg

When I walked in one of my favorite managers was standing over a big water puddle on the floor.  She greeted me warmly and I said, "Surely the store has something to put over that puddle besides you."  She lost it laughing then said that she had just found the puddle and reinforcements were on the way. She then admonished me for not wearing  warmer coat.   It was 25F (-4C) and very windy today so she was probably right.

A few minutes later I was wandering around and overheard a kid asking, "Is that a man?"  I didn't hear the answer.  I continued wandering and complemented a lady that was wearing a nice pair of suede knee high boots with a 2" block heel with, "Those boots are fantastic."  She thanked me and I don't think she even noticed what I was wearing.

I stopped in the Sam's liquor store and the lady that runs it goes out of her way to speak to me when I come in.  We chatted about the weather and that it is expected to be 4F (-15C) tomorrow morning.

My last stop was at Wallmart.  As I got out of the car and was straightening  my skirt, a guy walked by and called out, "Hey, I like your boots!"  I thanked him and headed into the store where no one paid much attention to me.

post-530-0-42502400-1423953738_thumb.gif  <--animated gif  (slow loading)

I tried golf once, a long time ago. Man, that's a hard game to play. Meanwhile, looking good as usual, TBG!

I hate to offset the subject, but I have a good story. Several years ago, I was working at a John Deere plant. It was quite a large place, and we had a golf cart to go and fetch things. The foreman sent me to get something or other, and I had to use the golf cart.

The cart was parked facing a wall. I asked the foreman, "How do you get this thing in reverse?" He didn't answer my question, but asked, "Haven't you ever played golf before?" I said that I'd played golf since I was six years old, but that I'd always walked. He looked at me incredulously, and asked, "Huh.....well, how do you carry all your BEER ?" (facepalm)

Great story, Mlrose!

I tried to learn golf about 15 years ago. I got clubs custom made to order for my body size, took lessons, and really tried to do it right. I spent hours practicing on the driving range and the putting green. All to no avail, I'm afraid. Golf gave me a whole new meaning to the word "frustration." Tiger and Arnold and Jack and the other pros make it look SO easy. It's very misleading.

Maybe if my golf shoes had a higher heel, I would have enjoyed the time more, ya think?

Steve

Not that this compares with what my friends to the north and north east have had but we are expecting 6" of snow today and the temperature is 8F (-13C) so I thought I'd try to stay ahead of it.  The heels actually do give good traction.

These posts are several hours apart.

post-530-0-01717100-1424096712_thumb.jpg

Round 2.   Flat heels this time.

post-530-0-01019500-1424102128_thumb.jpg

In a failed attempt to blend into the environment  :penitent: :

post-530-0-51077800-1424110477_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-11367400-1424110489_thumb.jpg

There were other folks out shoveling snow and no one seemed to notice my boots.

post-530-0-74002400-1424109376_thumb.gif <--animated gif

And now for some serious snow removal  :penitent: :

post-530-0-29888500-1424119352_thumb.jpg

I figured I wouldn't be able to get out tomorrow so I went to Walgreens, Krogers and SkyLine Chili dressed as above.

The stores were almost empty.  At Walgreens both of the gal clerks, who know me, commented they couldn't walk in heels like mine.  I told them I wore these boots so I would blend in with the environment and both of them lost it with laughter.

At Krogers I managed to leave my purse at the register and had to walk back in to get it.  The clerk had no problem recognizing me.

Driving was miserable. The I-75 expressway was moving at 5-10 MPH going up a major hill and 15-20 MPH coming down the hill.  Non expressway traffic was 25 MPH at max.  My philosophy on driving in this stuff is to not go any faster than I would want to be going sideways.

At Skyline I got a carryout of two cheese coneys and a 5-way.  FOr folks out of the Cincinnati area here is a link that will translate my epicurean delight.

TBG: You certainly are devoted to your craft by wearing heels in the conditions you're in, and I applaud you for that. Here in Philadelphia, we're getting snow as I type these words of wit(?) and it's darn sure messy. To paraphrase the late Johnny Cochran, "If the streets ain't dry, then my heels ain't high". So I'll wait for more....agreeable conditions before I head out again. Hopefully, that will happen soon.

Yesterdays fun was just an excuse to go out when there weren't  too many people around.  I only say one head turn all day.  We wound up getting about 1 foot of snow and it was a dry fluffy snow so it didn't stick to the trees or power lines.  Also it was cold enough that the snow didn't get "messy". I really didn't want to take my boots out into slush and salt. 

After I made the first post, I thought it would be fun to just keep going for a while, and I did clean the walk in my black thigh boots this morning.

I was really feeling for the folks to the north and north east of Cincinnati that really got cold weather and buried in snow, and for the folks to the south that got come very cold weather that they really didn't expect.

TBG, we were lucky here in central Ohio. We got only an inch or two - not even enough to warrant shoveling the sidewalks. Don't feel sorry and send me any more - I'm not complaining!

Just to keep on topic, I'm in Clark's black knee high "Ruby Sparkle" boots with 3" tapered stacked heels - and wearing them a lot these days! Will winter never end?

Steve

post-4071-0-66670500-1424202039_thumb.jp