Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

I went down to the court house the other day to renew my auto license.  I wore a colored T-shirt, denim shorts, suntan hose, and my black thigh boots.  I had to park a couple of blocks away so I had a nice stroll in.  I got a couple of glances in the office.  On the way out I saw a police memorial I had never noticed before and crossed the street to take a better look.  From the other side of the street I  heard a guy saying to his cohort, "Now there's something you don't see every day", loudly enough that I heard him from across the street.  He was only seeing me from the back so I'm not sure he realized I was a guy.  One only wonders what the comment might have been had I been walking towards him.

:wavey:

Much better without the headband. Dunno what it is, but I see that headband and think ' Rambo! ' in nicer boots ;)

A headband is a necessity in warmer weather.  I perspire heavily and generally completely soak the headband.  I am miserable without one.  Best I can do is to try to coordinate the color.

Say, TBG! Here's an idea, what about a fedora? That might make for a sharp look.

I'll give it some thought, but not in 90F weather (see note above).

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I'll give it some thought, but not in 90F weather (see note above).

Well, fall is on the way. Once the weather cools, such a hat might be worth giving a try.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Hello Thighbootguy!

I just have seen your pictures. You should not put short jeans! Try long ones. Congratulation to assume yourself in public!!

It's a little warmer in Cincinnati than it is in Canada, and boots and jeans is one of my favorite looks,

post-928-133522871505_thumb.jpg

but I do like the look of boots with shorts.

post-928-133522883705_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the kind words and advice.

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 2 weeks later...

My friend is back in the hospital (and doing very well), which means I have been spending my days at the hospital.  I have been wearing knee high boots with leggings all week.  I'm not wearing my thigh boots because I want her to be the center of attention rather than a guy in thigh bots with stiletto heels.  After the first hour or so no one seems to give my footwear any notice at all.

I took some time out yesterday to go to the grocery at 6:00 AM.  I wore black leggings, black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos, a colored T-Shirt, and a 13" stretch denim mini skirt. 

post-530-0-56841600-1410011694_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-78739600-1410011705_thumb.jpg

I had to use a different store entrance than I normally use which greatly increased the amount of walking I had to do and at the checkout I had to use one of the automated checkouts (which put clerks out of a job).  As I was checking out a staff member was coming in the door and she stopped and said, "I haven't seen you in a long time... did you stop eating?"  Since I had hardly ever to her before I was taken by surprise.

I told he I had been busy and bid her a good day.

Later in the afternoon I went to the nail salon again wearing my boots and the mini skirt.  I use my nails as guitar picks and I had my guitar in the car with me.  Since you don't leave kids, pets, or good instruments in a hot car, I took the guitar into the salon with me.  After the tech finished with my nails, I said, "Let's see if they work."  I pulled out my nail file form my guitar case and tuned up the shape of the nails then played for a minute.  I got a round of applause.

The next stop was a pay at the pump red neck gas station.  I don't think anyone even noticed me.

I put my knee high boots back on and took off the skirt and headed back to the hospital.  They let me quietly play guitar in my friend's room.

The outing was a good break.

Hey there, TBG! Nice outfit. How has the heat and/or humidity been in your neck of the woods? It's been nothing less than brutal here lately, so the notion of wearing thigh boots has been a non-starter and might continue to be until October at the earliest. Meanwhile, glad to hear your friend is doing well. Thumbs up!

It's a little warmer in Cincinnati than it is in Canada, and boots and jeans is one of my favorite looks,

but I do like the look of boots with shorts.

Thanks for the kind words and advice.

TBG

beautiful  pics    love  them

I escaped from the hospital for a couple hours this afternoon and put up a banister for my friend.  I pulled on some suntan hose, a denim mini skirt, a sleeveless black mock turtleneck, and my black thigh boot with 5¼" stilettos and headed for Lowe's home improvement center.  The parking lot was full of the pickup trucks and utility vans of local craft people.  I walked in, and to my surprise, attracted very little attention.  I had to ask where my items were shelved, then wandered around finding them.  The shopping trip was really uneventful.

I also stopped at Walgreen's and got a few items including a new tube of lipstick.

I headed home and installed the banister.

post-530-0-76679800-1410299611_thumb.jpg

I'm sure your friend will appreciate the support, TBG, in more ways than one.  

Interesting that you refer to what is nothing more than a 'handrail' as being a 'banister'; was this the description used by Lowe's?   A banister is, strictly, an assembly at the side of stairs consisting of a handrail supported by a series of uprights (posts), properly called balusters or more commonly spindles.   But the handrail alone, when so supported, is also called the banister (or banister rail).  I'm always interested in the use of words and variations that arise, but I'm not aware that US usage differs from UK in this respect.

Interesting that you refer to what is nothing more than a 'handrail' as being a 'banister'; was this the description used by Lowe's?   A banister is, strictly, an assembly at the side of stairs consisting of a handrail supported by a series of uprights (posts), properly called balusters or more commonly spindles.   But the handrail alone, when so supported, is also called the banister (or banister rail).  I'm always interested in the use of words and variations that arise, but I'm not aware that US usage differs from UK in this respect.

I am also fasinated by the use of words.  (Dr.Shoe sent me to the dictionary when he used bespoke, which is not a common American term.)

I chose banister for no other reason than it being the first word that popped into my head.  Handrail is probably more descript.  I think Lowe's called it a Grab Bar because it is is designed to be installed in a shower of bathtub area as s security device. But, being made of stainless steel, it seemed like a good outdoor device.

JeffB-  Thanks for the kind words.

TBG

I needed to Kroger's early this morning.  For a change (big change for me), I wore a red top, a short blue denim jacket, a black denim pencil skirt, black leggings, and black Karma pumps with 3¼" stiletto heels.

post-530-0-67806600-1410612131_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-52016900-1410612141_thumb.jpg

I needed an item in the pharmacy section and had to ask for help.  Neither of the folks that helped me batted an eye.  Several of the staff greeted me with a "Hi".  I told my favorite register clerk that it takes more nerve for me to wear pumps than it does to wear my tall boots.  She look me over and said they looked good.

My friend is out of the hospital (which means I am out of the hospital) and doing well.

Home improvement and sheer tights sounds like a recipe for snagging unless, of course... another advantage of thighboots :)

Yeah,  ladders can be hard on hose and leggings, and I don't do ladders and stilettos.

Good heavens! As I live and breathe, Thighbootguy wearing pumps! PUMPS! Shocking! Just when I thought I've seen it all. Perhaps the only sight more shocking to the gang here would be if I went back to wearing pants!

:silly:

I ran out to Kroger's for a few items.  I wore a purple T-shirt, black leggings, a denim mini skirt, a long light blue coat, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos.  I added a necklace and some eye makeup just because it's fun.

post-530-0-53173600-1410720351_thumb.jpg

I wore the coat buttoned so the skirt was not really visible.  I took my time wandering through the store and I really didn't get much of a reaction from anyone.  The register clerk was a bubblegum-snapper that really didn't know what to think, but she was very polite.

post-530-0-00965200-1410720343_thumb.jpg

Wearing thigh boots really does give me license to wear almost anything else.

I stopped and grabbed a couple of pictures.

I needed to pay city taxed and go to the post office today.  I wore a salmon T-shirt, black hose, a short black leather skirt, a short denim jacket, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos.  I wore the skirt a little high so the waist was at the jacket hem.  I also wore some makeup including mascara and lipstick.

I had to park down the street from the street from the city building, but I jumped out of the car and walked to the city building and got in line.  I realized I had forgotten to put money in the parking meter so I walked back to the car, fed the meter, and walked back to the city building.  I'm giving the city enough money already without paying a parking ticket (and it was another excuse for walking around).

There was an older black lady in line in front of me.  Her transaction was taking a while and the clerk invited her to have a seat by the window.  When she did she saw my boots and exclaimed, "Oooh I love those boots!  There Gorgeous.  Where do you find those boots?  I'll trade you for my shoes."  And then to the clerk, "Did you see his boots?  Look at these, there gorgeous."

I but managed was a little taken aback by the flurry of the conversation, "Thank you, you can find them on Amazon and (with a big smile) I don't want to trade."

"Amazon hum, they won't have them for my big legs."

"Well they do make them with wide thighs."

"Really... I just love them, they are gorgeous."  Another lady joined the line behind me and the seated lady continued, "Did you see his boots?"

The second lady commented, "Oh I could never walk in those heels."

Seated lady, "I'm sure those aren't his flats but I'll bet there his every day shoes."

Me, "Just about,  I wear them whenever I'm out."  The clerk finished my transaction and I started to walk out.

Seated lady, "Strut your stuff!"

I exited with, "You all have a good day" and walked back to the car.

I drove over to the post office, parked in front, walked in and got in line.   I realized I had forgotten the meter again and walked back out just as a police cruiser was pulling up across the street.  I fed the meter and walked back in.  I waited in line for a few minutes, took care of business and walked back out.  I decided this was a good place for a picture.  As I was getting my camera out a lady got out of a car in front of mine and commented, "Wow look at those boots."

I said "Thanks" and she headed into the post office.  Another lady had come out of the post office and was getting into her car behind mine, seeing I was taking a picture she offered to take a picture for me.  I politely declined (because I wasn't sure I would get my camera back).

post-530-0-07364400-1410794158_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-90793300-1410794148_thumb.jpg

This was a fun outing. 

TBG, I am in love with those cute boots and that gorgeous skirt in your last pic! :pulsingheart: Very chic. I feel so frumpy all of a sudden :penitent: you sure know how to dress!

I'd try thigh high boots but I wouldn't want the tops of the boots to be too loose around my thighs, but the same way, not too tight. I guess I'd have to find a balance. I would just feel a bit nervous trying them on in a store, but I will

have to try overcome that, I guess.

Great ensembles! You've inspired me :pulsingheart::princess:

K

I went to Walgreen's this afternoon wearnig the same outfir as this morning except I changed the leather skirt for a denim one.  Again I wore the skirt higher than I normally do so it went with the short

I took my time selecting my stuff then headed to the cosmetics counter for the checkout.  The clerk knows me very well and when I walked up she said, "You know, I really love your boots."

I thanked her and she went on ,"I could never wear a pair."

"Why not?"

"My thighs are too big".  She was wearing slacks and showed me her leg.

"They make them in a wide thigh version."

"I don't know if I could wear the heel, I'm wearing sneakers all day."

"They make them in a flat."

"You're taking away all my excuses.  I may just have to do something fun."

She made this a really fun outing.  Could I have done this shopping on my morning outing?  Sure but if I can go out twice... .

post-530-0-80112500-1410811037_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-03698300-1410811051_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-62606700-1410811072_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-91939900-1410811082_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-29871100-1410811103_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-60540500-1410811120_thumb.jpg

Shafted -  Thanks.

I'd try thigh high boots but I wouldn't want the tops of the boots to be too loose around my thighs, but the same way, not too tight. I guess I'd have to find a balance. I would just feel a bit nervous trying them on in a store, but I will have to try overcome that, I guess.

If your in a shop that is selling thigh boots, they won't think twice about a guy trying them on.  It is probably the easiest shoe buying experience you could have.

Give them a try.

This morning I stopped in a local Payless and bought two pair of flats (there was a good sale price).  These are something I'm going to have to learn to wear (as in match with appropriate clothing).  More on these shoes later.

I'm not sure what possessed me to do this but this afternoon I went for a very different look (at least for me).  I went to Sam's wearing a powder blue T-shirt under a black blazer, an ankle length black skirt, and black sling back pumps with 4½" stiletto heels.  I did remind myself of the need to project confidence as I headed out the door.  In the parking lot I realized this was the first time I could remember actually feeling like I was cross dressed, even though I don't think I have any male clothing left in my wardrobe.

post-530-0-28860300-1410897322_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-34196700-1410897314_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-46145600-1410897306_thumb.jpg

In the store I took my time and really didn't notice any second glances.  I told the register clerk (who knows me) I was trying something different for a change.  She looked me over and asked, "Don't those hurt your feet?"

"No not really."

I can't wear the pointy toe heels.  They cramp my toes too much."

"You need a larger size shoe.  The toe box should not pinch your toes, and make sure you have enough arch support."

"Ok, thanks for the tip."

I've often thought it interesting that a guy in heels should be giving advice on wearing heels to a gal.

Good heavens, TBG! That was an absolutely awesome outfit you displayed, everything just looked great! And the slingbacks were terrific! See? Wearing footwear other than thigh high boots isn't all that hard, and I should know! Bravo to you, my friend!

I went out today to do some banking and to pick up some supplies at the vet.  I wore my thigh boots with leggings and a black blazer.

The folks at the vet are now used to seeing me wearing thigh boots, I am also a long time customer and that's how they treated me.

The next stop was a nearby thrift store where I found a of opened toe (almost) flats for $5.  The clerk, who knows me,  told me to have a good day.  I told her, "Any time you find shoes is a good day."

post-530-0-78976200-1410975770_thumb.jpg

The last stop was at a Remke's marker which has a bank branch in the store.  I got in line for a teller and a teller, who was just coming on duty, walked by me then went to her station and called me over.  In processing my transaction she managed to call me "dear" and asked if I had anything fun planned for the day?  I said "Being out and about in these."

As I was walking away from the teller a guy commented, "You look nice and tall."  I took it as a complement and thanked him.

I did a little shopping and the register clerk commented that she hadn't seen me for a long time.  I wasn't expecting her to have remembered me at all.

Thigh boots, if nothing else, are memorable.

:wave:

JeffB, bluejay - Thanks for the kind words.  I still can't get over the feeling of being cross dressed and I don't get that feeling with my boots.  I'm not sure it is a bad feeling, but it is a different feeleing for me.

I ran another errand this afternoon and wore my new shoes.  It really feels odd not wearing my boots.

JeffB, bluejay - Thanks for the kind words.  I still can't get over the feeling of being cross dressed and I don't get that feeling with my boots.  I'm not sure it is a bad feeling, but it is a different feeleing for me.

Pfft! I've never felt that way, but that's just me.

Nope, it's not just you, Jeff.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

JeffB, bluejay - Thanks for the kind words.  I still can't get over the feeling of being cross dressed and I don't get that feeling with my boots.  I'm not sure it is a bad feeling, but it is a different feeling for me.

Nope, it's not just you, Jeff.

Oh well, it does feel that way to me but as JeffB says, "It's just me".  

I went to Lowe's this afternoon dressed in my comfort zone.

post-530-0-25985000-1411159093_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-98755100-1411159108_thumb.jpg