Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Hey there, TBG! Neat outfit as usual! Well done indeed! As for the loser who took your picture in Wal-Mart, bravo on turning the tables on him! No doubt his goal was to submit that pic to "People of Walmart" and get his two minutes of fame at your expense. Smart thinking on your part, my friend.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Maybe I've overlooked it, but I don't see you make much mention of how you care for your beard.  It looks good!  Kind of gives your face a masculine power that balances out the feminine stilettos.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Maybe I've overlooked it, but I don't see you make much mention of how you care for your beard. It looks good! Kind of gives your face a masculine power that balances out the feminine stilettos.

I agree. TBG does a much better job with his facial hair than I would with mine, which is why I prefer to be clean shaven.

It had never occurred to me to post about beard care on hhplace.

I treat hair on my chin like the rest of the hair on my head: shampoo and conditioner.  I just cut it with scissors when it gets too long.  I use the sideburn trimmer on an electric razor to trim my mustche.

More significant is the reason for the beard.   Kneehighs mentioned, "a masculine power that balances out the feminine stilettos" and that is close, but the beard is really my defense against the feminine side of me taking over.   This is a constant internal fight.   My intention is to present myself as a guy that is comfortable in skirts and high heeled boots.  It would be easy to flirt with presenting myself as a gal, and from time to time there is a real temptation to do that.  The beard is a serious deterrent.

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

More significant is the reason for the beard.   Kneehighs mentioned, "a masculine power that balances out the feminine stilettos" and that is close, but the beard is really my defense against the feminine side of me taking over.   This is a constant internal fight.   My intention is to present myself as a guy that is comfortable in skirts and high heeled boots.  It would be easy to flirt with presenting myself as a gal, and from time to time there is a real temptation to do that.  The beard is a serious deterrent.

TBG

Funny, but that's never been a problem for me. I'm perfectly at ease and comfortable presenting myself as a guy who wears women's clothes and heels in public, but without the facial hair. But then, I was also in the military for twenty years and was required to be clean shaven, so that's what I'm used to.

Back to heels...

I went over to the Cincinnati post office to send a package to some friends in Florida.  I wore a pink T-shirt, short denim skirt, suntan hose and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos.  The skirt was just (barely) long enough that I cold wear it without leggings.

post-530-0-23806500-1408371990_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-60469100-1408371998_thumb.jpg

I got a couple of looks as I walked in and I think I heard peals of childish laughter as I left the building, but that happens.

Just a quick outing.

:wavey:

I also made a quick trip to WalMart wearing basically the same outfit, changing the denim skirt for denim shorts.  The trip was uneventful.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I like the combination of the hot pink, the denim and the black boots. Earlier in the year I wore my hot pink court stilettos with white skinny jeans, a hot pink tshirt and a denim jacket. I sensed some disapproving glances, perhaps because pink is more playful colour compared to say the sensuality conveyed by red. So it was interesting to hear about your pink reaction too.

I got a couple of looks as I walked in and I think I heard peals of childish laughter as I left the building, but that happens.

I know what you mean, but actually any time a child has noticed me wearing heels they've never, ever laughed.

I don't think children are capable of displaying that level of ignorance, it hasn't been drummed into them yet.

Teenagers probably laugh the most, which I find ironic as they think they're being rebelious and non-conformist but their reactions demonstrate profound levels of social conditioning and conformity. Not all teenagers I might add, some young people these days show that they have a conscience far more than I had at their age.

If you like it, wear it.

I know what you mean, but actually any time a child has noticed me wearing heels they've never, ever laughed.

I don't think children are capable of displaying that level of ignorance, it hasn't been drummed into them yet.

Sorry for the oblique reference to the reaction of a couple postal clerks.

Hey there, TBG! Pretty cool outfit there, especially the pink top. Speaking of which, check out my latest jaunt where I wore something similar to what you wore, and, as usual, no one gave me so much as the time of day.

The wearing bright tops is an infectious activity.  I have been wearing black for so long I had really gotten into a rut.

I went out today wearing a pink top, skin tight blue denim pants (leggings), and blue leather thigh boots with 5" stiletto heels.  I also wore some mascara and light makeup with lipstick.

I want to many of my usual haunts, Walgreens, thrift store, and the vet.  No one seemed surprised although I did get some second glances.  I found four more T-shirt tops at the thrift store, all in bright colors for all of $6.  Shoes were also on sale but alas, nothing close to my size.

I stopped and grabbed a couple of pictures.

post-530-0-82246700-1408473287_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-86493100-1408473302_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-68456500-1408473325_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-64051700-1408473426_thumb.jpg 

At first glance before I clicked to see the full-size pictures, I thought you were riding a little scooter! :o

Don't give TBG any ideas! :silly:

TBG, if you're going to wear shorts that short, you would be better off to wear sheer-to-the-waist pantyhose. Seeing the panty show below your shorts is a bit jarring. Just trying to be constructive.

Steve

TBG, if you're going to wear shorts that short, you would be better off to wear sheer-to-the-waist pantyhose. Seeing the panty show below your shorts is a bit jarring. Just trying to be constructive.

Steve

Steve has some sharp eyes there. He's right, TBG, I do see the panty line in the hosiery you wore in your latest pics. Food for thought.

Don't give TBG any ideas! :silly:

This is the first time someone has accused me of being encouragable. :penitent:

I thought it was a mobility aid (as used by those not used to heels)!

I have a pair of Tony's U boots that are not really comfortable to walk in.  I use a grocery cart as a mobility aid, but that is normally not necessary.

Steve

It is actualy a skirt.  I did pay attention to that panty line when I put the skirt on and when I was weariing it, but for the pictures, I had 10 seconds to get into the picture and the skirt had ridden up a bit.  I noticed it when I saw the picture but I didn't have time to retake i (or fix it with Photoshop [i only crop and correct exposure on pictures I post here]).

Steve has some sharp eyes there. He's right, TBG, I do see the panty line in the hosiery you wore in your latest pics. Food for thought.

Munch, Munch, Munch (food for thought being processed).

Folks thanks for the feedback.  It is seriously appreciated.

I went to nail salon and a bakery wearing my blue thigh boots (and I know the shoes and purse don't match).  The nail salon is quite used to havinge me come in wearing thigh boots.

Once you have frequented a local business a couple of times (even wearing thigh boots), you become a regular customer in the eyes of the business.  I've been in the bakery a couple of times and today the staff was more than polite.  They treated me like a regular.

post-530-0-49544600-1408651935_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-04548000-1408651944_thumb.jpg

I went to nail salon and a bakery wearing my blue thigh boots (and I know the shoes and purse don't match). 

Tsk, tsk! Shame on you, going out with mismatched shoes and purse!

The nail salon is quite used to havinge me come in wearing thigh boots. Once you have frequented a local business a couple of times (even wearing thigh boots), you become a regular customer in the eyes of the business.  I've been in the bakery a couple of times and today the staff was more than polite.  They treated me like a regular. 

It's the same with me and the comic book shop in downtown Philly that I frequent regularly. I've worn all manner of skirts and heels in the place and the staff treats me like the valued customer that I am.

You obviously don't want to be 'rebooted', TBG, even if your old laptop does!  

Having found the fan to be at fault and a replacement available, are you going to fix it, dump it or what?   I hope the former - too many folk seem to throw away repairable appliances these days (and are encouraged by the manufacturers to do so). 

The replacement fan arrived today.  It took about an hour to ger the old fan out and put the new one in.  To my utter amazment it worked.  So an hours work, a $20 part, and only a few unprintable utterances... I have a working IBM T41p.

TBG

The replacement fan arrived today.  It took about an hour to ger the old fan out and put the new one in.  To my utter amazment it worked.  So an hours work, a $20 part, and only a few unprintable utterances... I have a working IBM T41p.

TBG

Well done, TBG!   A 'high yield' (rather than 'high heeled') achievement for you.

Getting back to small businesses, like the nail salon and the comic book shop (and my men's Activskin hosiery biz, too), good customers are valuable and we never want to lose even one. We treat them as well as we can so that they come back for more business. If we lose money on a sale in order to provide satisfaction, it will be repaid many times over the future years. It's much easier to keep customers happy than to alienate them (and they tell their friends) and try to find new ones. A business that alienates its customer a lot will soon not be a business. We've all seen examples of that kind of thing.

Steve

All this talk about short skirts encouraged me to get out a denim micro skirt (waist to hem is 10").   JeffB pointed out I'm incorrigible, plus the fact that the temperature (and humidity) were both close to 90F (31C).   I went out wearing a salmon T-shirt, nude hose, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stiletto heels.  Yeah, the boots were warm but I was in air-conditioning most of the time.

post-530-0-88496300-1408746028_thumb.jpg

First stop was the post office.  The first thing I noticed was that it took an effort to get out of the car while wearing a skirt that short.  After managing that, I walked up the steps to the post office.  I didn't see anyone in the office so I walked up to the empty window.  A young lady was in the lobby and said, "She is working on something for me."

"Oh, Ok."  and I stepped back into the queuing area.

"But I'll trade you my spot for your boots."

"Thanks but that's Ok, I'll wait... but thanks for the offer."  That got a nice smile and the postal clerk returned to the window.

I really don't think the postal clerk likes the way I present myself but she was polite.

Next I headed to the vet for some kitty supplies.  I have been going there for years but just recently started going in wearing my boots.  The change hasn't changed their attitude toward me a bit.

I went on to Sam's and took my time following my list.  Several of the clerks called out a hello and waved.  I have wondered what the other customers think of that.  The shelves were out of an item I wanted and had to get the fork lift crew to get some from the racks.  The guy running the fork lift knows me and waved.  I also bought some leggings.  At the register, I commented to the clerk that I should have been wearing them with this (and indicated my skirt).  She looked and laughed then said, "Oh, I love your boots."  I thanked her and headed back to my car.

I stopped at a thrift store and found more tops in bright colors still on sale.  I picked up six more including one in florescent green.   The clerks called out a Hi an waved when I walked in.  I joked with the clerk, who knows me, that wearing this skirt requires planning.  You can't go anywhere that you have to sit down.  That got a good laugh.

Last stop was a Remke's  Market.  I haven't been in there for months.  I got some nice smiles from several of the young lady clerks.  I wandered around with just a hand basket and found my items.  I grabbed a couple of pictures in the parking lot.

That skirt is a most comfortable garment.  I wore it with my shirt tail out because the skirt is worn on the hips and the shirt hanging straight doesn't follow the profile of my stomach (which I need to reduce).  This was a fun outing that took several hours.

post-530-0-22376900-1408746021_thumb.jpg

Very nice there, TBG. T-shirts suit you with your skirts as I've found that tank tops look good on me, but I can do tees too. Well done on your outing.

I went out today wearing my blue denim jump suit and blue leather thigh boots with5"stilettos. I added a silver chain necklace that went with the silver chain belt.  Not having a blue handbag, I used my black one.  The temperature was close to 90F (32C) and the boots were warm when I was outside but most of the time I was in air-conditioning.  Even at 90F, my boots were only noticeable if I was in the sun; it was quite comfortable in the shade.

post-530-0-62544000-1408912682_thumb.jpg

The first stop was Walgreen's pharmacy.  There was an entirely new staff on duty, so I didn't get the welcoming Hi and wave I normally get.  The pharmacist was the only person that had seen me before.  The stop was uneventful.  I got what I needed and headed back out to my car.

I stopped at a post office to pick up a shipping carton.  There was one other patron who ignored me.

Next I stopped at the Library.  There was a good crowd, the parking lot was almost full so I had a good long walk in (this is when I noticed the open sun was warming my boots.)  I used the online catalog to see if the DVD I wanted was in, then asked a librarian where it was shelved and was enthusiastically directed to it's location.

The last stop was Kroger's.  Again, there was an entirely different staff on duty.  As I was picking up one item, a lady saw me and said, "I love your boots!"  I thanked her and kept going.   I wandered around a bit then checked out and headed to my car.  I did notice one of the local police taking his time cursing by my car as I was loading stuff in.  I think he was just curious.

I stopped on the way home for a couple of pictures

post-530-0-61674100-1408912690_thumb.jpg post-530-0-18866800-1408912703_thumb.jpg post-530-0-82743000-1408912721_thumb.jpg post-530-0-85063400-1408912728_thumb.jpg post-530-0-48773500-1408912738_thumb.jpg

Hey there, TBG! Nice outfit, looks good on you! However, if you're going to wear blue boots, you really should have a bag to match. As fate would have it, I bought a blue bag yesterday to go with the Payless "Karmen" pumps I have in navy patent. Friends don't let friends commit such a dreadful fashion faux pas! :P

I ran out this morning to drop off a package at the post office.  We have a major sorting facility in Cincinnati and taking a package to that facility generally takes day off the delivery time.  So, I headed over to Cincinnati wearing a pink T-shirt, a 13" denim skirt, suntan hose, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stiletto heels.

This was the same post office where I thought I had heard "peals of childish laughter", but today I was greeted as a good customer (by the same clerk).

I stopped in Longworth's Hall parking lot for a picture (with Hatfield Coal in the background).

post-530-0-91714800-1409065873_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-89340100-1409065881_thumb.jpg

Getting back to small businesses, like the nail salon and the comic book shop (and my men's Activskin hosiery biz, too), good customers are valuable and we never want to lose even one. We treat them as well as we can so that they come back for more business. If we lose money on a sale in order to provide satisfaction, it will be repaid many times over the future years. It's much easier to keep customers happy than to alienate them (and they tell their friends) and try to find new ones. A business that alienates its customer a lot will soon not be a business. We've all seen examples of that kind of thing.

Steve

Steve - What I have noticed is that the first time you go into an establishment wearing thigh boots you are noticed and considered an oddity (as expected).  The second time you go in the attitude is "he is back again".  The third time, you are established as a regular customer and treated like a long lost friend (this may happen on the second visit).  Establishing a good rapport with a local merchant is a worthwhile activity (if for no other reason than having a good place to go in heels).

Nice, casual outfit there, TBG! I'll have to try something like that. With fall and cooler weather right around the corner, I'll soon have plenty of opportunities to wear my thigh boots....with miniskirts of course!

Much better without the headband. Dunno what it is, but I see that headband and think ' Rambo! ' in nicer boots ;)

Say, TBG! Here's an idea, what about a fedora? That might make for a sharp look.