Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

TBG, I did check out the Walmart videos and found this, is this you?

The picture is a little fuzzy, good for you if it is, Keep em guessing!

Good Heavens NO!

Donnawonna posted this back in Jan. 2012  -  http://www.hhplace.org/topic/1626-thigh-boots-in-public/?view=findpost&p=279917

Fortunately its look like the page is gone.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Nice outing you had there, TBG. Don't you find it humorous and/or ironic when women ask the following:

"How do you walk in those heels?"

"Don't you find those heels uncomfortable?"

I understand that some women never wear heels and have no point of reference, so they can't comprehend what we do, but for those who do, why they pose questions to which they already know the answers makes little sense to me. What do you think?

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I understand that some women never wear heels and have no point of reference, so they can't comprehend what we do, but for those who do, why they pose questions to which they already know the answers makes little sense to me. What do you think?

Jeff,

You just posed a question yourself to which you already know the answer!  (Answer: we agree, it makes little sense to us, too!). So did you do that on purpose to see who would notice? If so, very clever!

Steve

Jeff,

You just posed a question yourself to which you already know the answer!  (Answer: we agree, it makes little sense to us, too!). So did you do that on purpose to see who would notice? If so, very clever!

Steve

I have my moments, rare as they are!

Nice outing you had there, TBG. Don't you find it humorous and/or ironic when women ask the following:

"How do you walk in those heels?"

"Don't you find those heels uncomfortable?"

I think that sometimes a perfectly comfortable pair of heels becomes uncomfortable because you ended up having to walk too far in them. A badly planned venture into heels gives them an undeservedly bad reputation. I always carry a pair of flats to change into to walk long distances, and I enjoy my heels a lot more when I do wear them.

The other thing is that when trying on heels (or flats) in a store, there's such a variety of styles and some may fit better/worse than others. Especially with heels, it's too easy to fall for temptation and buy that gorgeous pair even though they don't fit well, which ultimately leads to an uncomfortable heel experience and a bad reputation.

If you like it, wear it.

• 2 weeks later...

It has been a while since I have posted, mainly because of a serious computer failure that required shopping for a new one.  I went shopping at Sam's and Best Buy's over a two day period wearing a black  sleeveless cotton dress (that looks like a long muscle shirt), black leggings, either a black or red blazer and black leather thigh boots with  5¼" stiletto heels.

Almost like this: post-530-0-63015800-1400599346_thumb.jpg

My first stop was at Best Buy's to see the Geek Squad.  This wasn't my first choice, but the four computer shops I knew about in my area have all closed.   I walked in and got and a couple of stares from  the other customers.  The guy at the Geek Squad desk needs some training in customer relations.  He said nothing about my attire, but I felt like a second class computer user for bringing in a laptop that was still running XP.  I was informed that since I hadn't bought the machine there, they wouldn't "send it out" and besides the repair would be about $200.  (The laptop has a fan failure and subsequent research has the fan available on Amazon for $20.)  I left without looking at their computer offerings.

Sam's is nearby so I went in and started looking around.  All the computers were running Windows 8 and it took me a while to get used to the interface (and I still don't really like it).  The next decision was to decide if I wanted to mess with a touch screen (I don't).  Lastly I had to realistically guess at how much computer power I needed (rather than wanted).  After an hour or so (on 5¼" heels) I settled in on a laptop.   Having made a decision, I went to the wine shop and bought two bottles of wine and headed home.

The next day I went back to Best Buy's to look at their offerings.  This time I got a polite salesman that showed me the systems they had to offer, and politely explained why the features I had seen on the systems at Sam's were available at an extra cost.  I spent 45 minutes listening and wandering around then headed back to San's where I spent another hour playing with the displayed systems and chatting with a salesman.  I headed back home.

The next day I didn't feel like going out so I cut the grass wearing a gray T-shirt, black leggings and black leather knee high boots with 3½" block heels.

The next day I dawned my red blazer and headed out again.  I stopped at Best Buy's one more time and decided I was still happy with the system I saw at Sam's.  As I was walking back to my car, A guy in a black pickup truck (with huge tires) rolled down his window and said, "I really like your boots." 

That wasn't what I was expecting.  I said, "Thanks" and headed to my car.  

As I got to my car and taken off my blazer, he parked and walked over and asked, "Do you dress often?"

"Almost every time I go out."

"I've been looking for someone that likes to dress.  I've been searching the online sites for someone in the area."

This wasn't a direction in which I was interested in going, so I let the conversation drop and headed back to Sam's.

I went in and took a ticket for the laptop I wanted and headed to the register.  The register clerk sent someone back to the stock room to get the new laptop.  This took a little while and I let the folks in line behind me go ahead and check out.  When I finally got my machine, I headed back home for a fun filled day of installing software.

Yeah it took me a long time to select a new system, but I spent the whole time out and about in thigh boots and I think the excuse to do that prolonged the decision.

:wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

You obviously don't want to be 'rebooted', TBG, even if your old laptop does!  

Having found the fan to be at fault and a replacement available, are you going to fix it, dump it or what?   I hope the former - too many folk seem to throw away repairable appliances these days (and are encouraged by the manufacturers to do so).   My PVR developed a fault recently such that nothing recorded could be played back reliably.   The manufacturer (Humax) was not very helpful and wanted £80 - 90 to repair it, and then with only a six-month warranty.   I found that the hard drive was almost certainly the culprit and got a replacement on eBay for less than £20 - a ten minute job to effect the exchange and it works again as intended.

I needed to do a little shopping this morning and decided to dress for the occasion.  I wore a sleeveless black mock-turtleneck, bright red shorts, black hose, a black blazer, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stiletto heels.  I also wore some eye makeup and a bright coral lipstick with a lip-gloss.   I normally wear lipstick but it matches the natural color of my lips, so it is just for lip protection (and the fun of wearing it.)  I wore the coral because I was wearing the bright red shorts.

post-530-0-77363800-1407081309_thumb.jpg

The first stop was at Walgreen's.  As I walked in the door, one of the clerks said "Hi I haven't seen you here for a while".   I hadn't seen her working for a long time so I just said I had been busy.  I wandered around and selected my items and headed for the cosmetics counter to checkout.  The gal at the counter knew me and I asked her if the lipstick was too much.  She said, "Its a nice color... it looks nice."  I thanked her and headed out to my car. 

The next stop was a Kroger's superstore.  I don't even hesitate getting out of the car anymore; I swing both feet out and off I go.  I threy my purse over my shoulder, grabbed a cart in the lot and headed in,

In the store I went looking hosiery but found its former shelving spot occupied by something else.  There were two clerks (older lady, young guy) stocking the former hosiery shelves and I asked them to where hosiery had been moved.  The guy looked at me, and had an expression of one who has just swallowed a lemon.  The lady told me where it had been reshelved.  When I found the section I discovered the selection had been reduced and they were out of my size.  They had larger and smaller, but alas, not my size.

I went on and selected my other items then went back to the hosiery just to be sure there wasn't something I could use.

At the checkout I had a clerk that knows me.  She was still ringing up another customer when she saw me in line and threw me a big smile, which I returned.  Normally the clerks only pay attention to one customer at a time but she looked at me and said, "You look snazzy this morning".

I thanked her and she finished bagging the other customer's items.

When she got to me, I had taken my glasses off, she looked closely at me and repeated, "You really look snazzy".

post-530-0-48904300-1407081357_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-09945700-1407081333_thumb.jpg

I asked her if the lip color was too much and she said, "No, it looks nice."  She looked closer at my face and asked, "Are you wearing blush or is that you natural color?"

"It's a light blush."

"It looks nice."

We bid each other a good day and I headed back out to my car.

I stopped in a park for a couple of pictures.  It was a short but fun outing.

post-530-0-51265300-1407081293_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-90085800-1407081300_thumb.jpg

Shafted, 9inchheel  - Thanks for the kind words.

Puffer - I do intend to order the fan and attempt the repair.

Hey there, TBG! Enjoyed reading your latest exploits. As usual, you exhibit your fine sense of style that makes you a fashion maven here at HHP. Bravo to you, my friend. As for your computer woes, I wish I could give you some advice, but I don't know squat about technology.

Yesterday I went to the nail salon to have my four finger picks (four acrylic nails on my right hand) filled.  I was wearing a black blazer, sleeveless top, red shorts, suntan hose,  and black leather thigh boos with 5¼" stiletto heels (see my last post for a picture).  The folks at the salon know me and greeted me like a long lost customer.  There was no waiting so the gal did my nails right away.  The only fun part was walking through the salon to the back to wash my hands.  The hand washing isn't that much fun but walking through the salon is.

I stopped in a Krogers near the salon to see if they had the hose I couldn't find yesterday.  They also had a limited selection but I decided to try support hose, rather than the medium denier I have been wearing.  I have decided I really like the heavier weight... They feel and look great!

Next I wandered through a Target with no expectation of finding anything.  I was neither surprised nor disappointed.

Today I needed to go to Krogers for a perscription.  I put on a black sleeveless top, a red suede skirt, suntan hose, a black blazer, gold neck chain, and black leather thigh boos with 5¼" stiletto heels and headed out the door.  I also wore some eye makeup, including false lashes, and a darker lipstick.   The trip was uneventful.

I headed into the store and to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription.  The gal at the desk noticed what I was wearing but made no reaction.  I headed back out to the car and grabbed a picture. 

post-530-0-86153600-1407261391_thumb.jpg

It looks like the skirt is too long to be worn with the boots.  Next time I'll wear it higher.

Next I wandered through Tuesday morning just to see what was on sale.  I found nothing I really needed and headed back to the car.

I drove, via back roads, to a thrift store and wandered through to see if there was anything interesting.  Shoes were 50% off but alas nothing even near my size.  As I was walking out I spotted a Slide Rule still in its original box.  I love slide rules!  I headed back home and added it to my collection.

When I got home I spent two hours on the phone with tech-support removing the "beatsaudio" software from my new HP laptop.  The software has an auto volume leveling feature that I could not turn off.  The only solution that worked was removing it.  The slide rule is looking better and better all the time.

JeffB - Thanks the kind words.  As far as being a techie, I know enough PC stuff to be dangerous.  At heart, I really am a mainframer that believes the whole client server computing model was a mistake.

I went to Krogers this morning for milk and OJ.  I wore a long sleeved black turtleneck, a tan corduroy  mini skort, suntan hose, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stiletto heels.

It was early and the parking lot was almost empty, as was the store.  Most of the folks in the store were the stock clerks most of whom, I suspect, would rather I wasn't there.  The register clerk knows me well and greeted me warmly.  I headed back to my car and decided to head for a local thrift store.

The thrift store hadn't opened yet so I waited in my car for a few minutes.  When they opened, I headed in and looked all around but didn't see anything I needed.  As I was heading out the lady at the counter said, "You didn't find anything?  Lady's clothes are half off."  I was only mildly surprised, but quite pleased, that she had chosen to tell me that.  She hadn't mentioned that to anyone else.

I went back and looked through the lady's shirts and found a short sleeved shirt in bright red and another in bright yellow.  I have never worn yellow so I'll see how this goes.

When I went back to the register, "Oh good you found something" and rang up my shirts.  "By the way I love your boots."

"Why thank you."

"I could never wear them, my legs are too short.  They would come all the way up to here" and she pointed to the top of her leg.

"That's all right, they look good when they do that."

"You have the legs for them.  You have long legs and the boots really do look good".

"Thanks, I wear them with this (and pointed to the mini skort) to prove that my legs go all the way up."

That got a real laugh, and we bid each other a good day.

I may go back this afternoon and if I see her again I'll recommend she consider wearing thigh boots with jeans.

Great way to start the day.

Hey there, TBG! Congrats on yet another successful outing. I continue to be amazed at how you get comments seemingly all over the place when you go out and about in your outfits while people usually don't give me so much as the time of day, not even when I'm wearing skirts and platform sandals. I find that mildly amusing. Still, keep on trucking!

If I could find a pair of over the knee or thigh boots like you have TBG, but with a wedge heel, I would not hesitate to wear them out and about. Theres just something about ' tall boots ' and boots with long shafts that really work well for mens legs.

Love the outfits!

-ILK

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

My friend had a new prescription so I decided to drop it off at Walgreens this morning.  I wore a new outfit that I have had for a long time but have never worn it before.  I wore a denim pants suit but the pants have a 2" inseam, nude hose, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos.  The outfit was all about legs and boots.

post-530-0-29374900-1407606895_thumb.jpg

I liked the look of this combination but I decided to go to some comfortable places and get some other's opinions.  

post-530-0-49131900-1407606841_thumb.jpg

At Walgreens, I dropped of the prescription and the pharmacist (very attractive young lady) said it would be ready in 10 minutes, so I waited in the store.  I browsed around until the prescription was ready.  When I picked up the prescription, I asked the pharmacist (who has knows me well) what she would do differently with the outfit.  I stepped back from the counter and she looked me over and then said, "Jewlery."  I thanked her and headed out to the car.

I headed out to the thrift store I visited yesterday.  They had lady's summer clothing on 50% off, and my two favorite clerks were running the register, one of whom (the older lady) was the lady that liked my boots yesterday. 

Both of the ladies saw me come in and called out a "Hi" and waved to me.  I asked what was considered lady's summer.  That was defined as shorts, tops with short sleeves.  I found four solid color short sleeved tops and headed up to the counter.  The younger clerk was ranging up my items and I asked her what she would do differently with this outfit?

She didn't hesitate and said, "Nothing, it look good as it is... I really like the boots."

Since I wanted to talk to the older clerk anyway about boots, I told her, "You could wear thigh boots with jeans.  It's a very popular look."

"Really?  I have very short legs (she was wearing jeans and she showed me).  You have long legs and the boots look good."

"They would look good.  You can get them on Amazon.  These are leather and there are two brands: Ellies and Pleasers that both have the same style number, 8899.  I have a pair that are higher than these and  I'll wear them with jeans the next time I come in so you can see what it looks like."  

"Ok, thanks!"

"What would you do differently with this outfit?"

She looked me over and said, "You have the belt and boots... try adding a denim jacket when it gets cooler.  I mean a short denim jacket." She indicated the length as a very high waisted jacket.

I told her I had one and thanked her for the advice.

On the way home I stopped at Krogers for some OJ.  I didn't bother with a cart and just walked through the store.  I went to the register with my favorite clerk who knows me well.  She looked up and saw me and said, "My, you really look good today!"

"Thanks, this is the first time I've worn it and I'm wondering what I could do differently with it."

I don't think I'd change anything, it looks good!"

Just for grins I asked the bagging clerk the same thing.  She had never seen me before and had a puzzled look on her face about my conversation with the register clerk.  The register clerk looked on with an amused look on her face.

The bagging clerk said, "I don't know... it looks good as it is.  I don't see how you walk in those shoes."

I smiled and said "Practice." The register clerk got a good chuckle out of this conversation and I bid both of them a good day.

I stopped and took a couple of pictures.

post-530-0-15808300-1407606849_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-68917500-1407606863_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-44726200-1407606880_thumb.jpg

All in all this was a great way to start  day.

I envite feedback from the hhplace community on what to do differently with the outfit.

Hey there, TBG! Congrats on yet another successful outing. I continue to be amazed at how you get comments seemingly all over the place when you go out and about in your outfits while people usually don't give me so much as the time of day, not even when I'm wearing skirts and platform sandals. I find that mildly amusing. Still, keep on trucking!

JeffB -  My advice s to make eye contact and wear a pleasant expression... but I'm sure you already do that so break out your thigh boots.

If I could find a pair of over the knee or thigh boots like you have TBG, but with a wedge heel, I would not hesitate to wear them out and about. Theres just something about ' tall boots ' and boots with long shafts that really work well for mens legs.

Love the outfits!

-ILK

ILK -  Thanks for the kind words.  I don't recall seeing thigh boots with wedge heels.  Try a pair with stiletto heels.  You go through a lot of heel tips but it is worth the effort.

My friend had a new prescription so I decided to drop it off at Walgreens this morning.  I wore a new outfit that I have had for a long time but have never worn it before.  I wore a denim pants suit but the pants have a 2" inseam, nude hose, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos.  The outfit was all about legs and boots.

attachicon.gif100_0202.jpg

I liked the look of this combination but I decided to go to some comfortable places and get some other's opinions.  

attachicon.gif100_0199.jpg

At Walgreens, I dropped of the prescription and the pharmacist (very attractive young lady) said it would be ready in 10 minutes, so I waited in the store.  I browsed around until the prescription was ready.  When I picked up the prescription, I asked the pharmacist (who has knows me well) what she would do differently with the outfit.  I stepped back from the counter and she looked me over and then said, "Jewlery."  I thanked her and headed out to the car.

I headed out to the thrift store I visited yesterday.  They had lady's summer clothing on 50% off, and my two favorite clerks were running the register, one of whom (the older lady) was the lady that liked my boots yesterday. 

Both of the ladies saw me come in and called out a "Hi" and waved to me.  I asked what was considered lady's summer.  That was defined as shorts, tops with short sleeves.  I found four solid color short sleeved tops and headed up to the counter.  The younger clerk was ranging up my items and I asked her what she would do differently with this outfit?

She didn't hesitate and said, "Nothing, it look good as it is... I really like the boots."

Since I wanted to talk to the older clerk anyway about boots, I told her, "You could wear thigh boots with jeans.  It's a very popular look."

"Really?  I have very short legs (she was wearing jeans and she showed me).  You have long legs and the boots look good."

"They would look good.  You can get them on Amazon.  These are leather and there are two brands: Ellies and Pleasers that both have the same style number, 8899.  I have a pair that are higher than these and  I'll wear them with jeans the next time I come in so you can see what it looks like."  

"Ok, thanks!"

"What would you do differently with this outfit?"

She looked me over and said, "You have the belt and boots... try adding a denim jacket when it gets cooler.  I mean a short denim jacket." She indicated the length as a very high waisted jacket.

I told her I had one and thanked her for the advice.

On the way home I stopped at Krogers for some OJ.  I didn't bother with a cart and just walked through the store.  I went to the register with my favorite clerk who knows me well.  She looked up and saw me and said, "My, you really look good today!"

"Thanks, this is the first time I've worn it and I'm wondering what I could do differently with it."

I don't think I'd change anything, it looks good!"

Just for grins I asked the bagging clerk the same thing.  She had never seen me before and had a puzzled look on her face about my conversation with the register clerk.  The register clerk looked on with an amused look on her face.

The bagging clerk said, "I don't know... it looks good as it is.  I don't see how you walk in those shoes."

I smiled and said "Practice." The register clerk got a good chuckle out of this conversation and I bid both of them a good day.

I stopped and took a couple of pictures.

attachicon.gif100_0195.jpg  attachicon.gif100_0197.jpg  attachicon.gif100_0201.jpg

All in all this was a great way to start  day.

I envite feedback from the hhplace community on what to do differently with the outfit.

JeffB -  My advice s to make eye contact and wear a pleasant expression... but I'm sure you already do that so break out your thigh boots.

Well, regarding the outfit, I thought you wore it well. Can't think of any way to improve upon it. Meanwhile, I'll see what I can do about taking your advice about the boots.

I must say TBG, that you have really been impressing me with your outfits as of late. Clothing evolution in action!

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Last night I went to a Hamilton County park to see The Cincinnati Shakespeare Company put on "A Mid Summers Night Dream".  The Company has a touring group that puts on MSND and "Macbeth" with only six actors, each actor taking at least four parts.  The park provided a portable stage and a natural amp-theater that was filed with three to four hundred people.  A crowd this size exceeded the parks normal parking capacity so they had to open an overflow parking area which was at least half a mile from the venue.

I was wearing a black blazer, a red short sleeved top, black leggings, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stiletto heels.  In these heels the ½ mile walk was significant.  I took a bath towel with me so I could sit on the lawn. 

The play was great!

Some folks noticed my boots as I was walking in and I commented, "I hadn't expected to walk this far."  That got some nice smiles.  For the most part no one paid any attention to my attire.  The walk was warm enough that I removed my blazer for most of the performance.

On the walk back to the car (another ½ mile), one guy did comment that he liked my shoes for which I thanked him.   By the time I got back to the car, I was tired of walking on heels, but other than that it was a great evening.

JeffB - I'm thinking a scarf might be a nice addition.

Shafted - Thanks for the kind words.

I have been going to the Plain Folk Cafe on Sunday for a Jam session.  There are several regulars at the session but there are also new folks each week.  I have been showing up wearing leggings and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos.  The typical footwear for the session is cowboy boots or sneakers so I provide considerable variety.  The regulars know me by name and introduce me to the rest of the folks.  No one has given so much at a second glance to my attire (which surprises me).   I play well enough that I can augment/blend-with what most of the others are playing, and when my turn comes aroung I play stuff that is new (to them).  This seems to be appreciated in spite of what I'm wearing.

I have always had a good time at these sessions.

Here is a picture of a typical jam session sans TBG.

post-530-0-52479500-1407766488_thumb.png

I went out to the Walgreens to pick up a prescription and to the for some cat supplies.  On the way I stopped at a thrift store just for fun.  I went out wearing a pink short sleeved top, a gold bar necklace, white short shorts, suntan hose, a white blazer and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stiletto heels.

post-530-0-42696700-1407789352_thumb.jpg

At Walgreens I saw the same pharmacist that had recommended I wear jewelry.  Her comment was, "Oh, I like the pink, and the necklace is nice!"  That started the day off on a good note.  I stoped at the cosmetics counter to ring up some other items (you can get a better discount at the cosmetics counter).  There was an older couple in front of me and the guy had a very sour look on his face that I think I inspired.  His wife didn't seem to care but he was having problems so he walked off.  The clerk, who knows me well, didn't notice the guys reaction.  As we were chatting I mentioned, "Some people really have a problem with my dressing this way."

She replied, "Pay then mo mind, you look fine."  I bid her a good day and headed out to my car.

The next stop was the thrift store.  There were lots of folks in the store.  When I walked in the clerks saw me and chimed out, "Here he is... Hi Hon."  I waved back with a Hi how are you.  She again pointed out lady's clothes were half off.  I picked out four short sleeved light colored tops and went into another section of the store for come CDs.  In that section a lady saw me and exclaimed, "Wow, look at you... You look great."  I thanked her and she continued with several other comments and ended with, "You keep going, you look great."

There was another guy in the area, who's elevator clearly didn't go all the way to the top, that looked at me and drawled, "Oh My God."  I gave him a pleasant smile and continued shopping.

I wound up with four tops and four CDs for $7 and walked out into a thunderstorm and discovering I wouldn't melt, headed to the vet.

I have been a customer at this vet for a LONG time but just recently started going in wearing thigh boots.  They seem to have taken the change in stride.  I mentioned I had been caught in the thunderstorm and one of the gals said, "Yeah it just came out of nowhere."

I said, "No, it came from up there" and pointed up.  This got a good laugh from everyone.

On the way home I stopped and took some pictures.

post-530-0-88430000-1407789367_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-61711700-1407789375_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-24042300-1407789383_thumb.jpg

All in all a fun outing.

Who says guys can't wear pink. It just gets better and better from you TBG!

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Hey there, TBG! Great outfit, and the pink top was what made it great. Well done, my friend.

TBG,

I have enjoyed reading your posts about different outings in all manner of outfits and ....those outfits are something to behold! I don't own any thigh boots though I do have knee and ankle boots. My passion is wedge sandals only with heels 5" and up and a second passion are pumps and platform sandals.

I drove through the Cincinnati area last year on my way to a training class in Charleston, SC and thought about you. I see most of your photos are taken around what looks like your home so I suppose it is your spouse/partner that takes the pictures, right??

I am curious if, during any of your outings, you have had anyone else take your photo. I am thinking of alternate ways to get some photos together in the hope of posting some of my outings as well. I don't have your notoriety but I do love wearing my heels in a variety of places like you do. Now wonder the number of times your thread had been viewed exceeds the population of that same city of Cincinnati!! Keep up the great work.   HappyinHeels

Shafted, Mr.X, JeffB - Thanks for the kind words.  I hadn't thought about there being a restriction on guys wearing pink. But rules are made to be broken.

I have enjoyed reading your posts about different outings in all manner of outfits and ....those outfits are something to behold! I don't own any thigh boots though I do have knee and ankle boots. My passion is wedge sandals only with heels 5" and up and a second passion are pumps and platform sandals.

I think it's the thigh boots that makes things the most fun.  Give them a try.

I drove through the Cincinnati area last year on my way to a training class in Charleston, SC and thought about you. I see most of your photos are taken around what looks like your home so I suppose it is your spouse/partner that takes the pictures, right??

I take the photos myself with a tripod or settiIng the camera on my car.  Recently I have been taking pictures in a nearby park rather than at home.  I don't worry too much about fraiming thr picture when I take it because the 16M pixel has more than enough resolution to waste.  Then I use Photoshop to crop the image and do a little color correction then cut the size down to 7" high at 92 dpi before I save it as a jpeg.  I have had others take pictures of me, but with their own cameras and I have never asked for a copy.

TBG

Shafted, Mr.X, JeffB - Thanks for the kind words.  I hadn't thought about there being a restriction on guys wearing pink. But rules are made to be broken.

Pfft on restrictions! I might just try a pink top myself!

Today was a planed shopping day.  I went to Walgreen's, Sam's, thrift store, Walmart, and Kroger's.  I thought about what would be fun to wear and decided on a black mock turtleneck, a gold bar necklace, black leggings, a short denim skirt, a high waisted denim jacket, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stiletto heels.  I also took the effort to put on some mascara and light makeup.

post-530-0-04408700-1408126818_thumb.jpg

At Walgreens I needed to pick up a prescription.  I walked in like I always dress like this.  The stop was uneventful.  I was just another customer picking up a perscription.

At the thrift store my favorite clerk was hanging clothing and greeted me with, "You look cute today."  I thanked her and went on shopping but didn't find anything I wanted.

At Sam's I had to renew my membership which included a picture for my membership card.  I took my time and followed my shopping list, which took me over most of the store,  The only folks that seemed to notice me were kids. Again the shopping was uneventful.

At Walmart, I had a long walk in from the parking lot.  In the store I had to search for the items I wand panted.  After I found my stuff, I noticed a guy taking a picture of me.  I thought "turn around is fair play" and pulled out my camera and took his picture.

This is the guy that took my picture in Walmart ---> post-530-0-61111900-1408126800_thumb.jpg

At Krogers, my favorite register clerk greeted me warmly and commented ,"You look spiffy today."

post-530-0-86467400-1408126835_thumb.jpg