Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Shafted;

Thanks. 

The only problem with wearing this on a election day is it makes the Kentucky tradition of voting "early and often" more difficult, as the election workers tend to remember you. :penitent:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

The only problem with wearing this on a election day is it makes the Kentucky tradition of voting "early and often" more difficult, as the election workers tend to remember you. :penitent:

And that is a problem because?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Shafted; Thanks. The only problem with wearing this on a election day is it makes the Kentucky tradition of voting "early and often" more difficult, as the election workers tend to remember you. :penitent:

HA!

Hey there, TBG! Bravo on your latest outfit! It's suits you perfectly! Once again, you've shown us your terrific sense of style.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been going out and about almost daily wearing my black leather thigh boots with 5 ¼" stiletto heels.  I gone to my usual haunts and also tried to get an early morning picture of Cincinnati from a Kentucky park overlook.

post-530-0-38860000-1401899965_thumb.jpg

This may just be a sign of getting old, but I must have slept in an odd position and wound up with some very sore muscles in my left hip.  I didn't think too much about it but I noticed yesterday, when I was cutting the grass wearing a pair of knee high boots with a 4" block heels, that my left foot was rolling off the heel toward the outside.  At first, I thought it was just my walking over uneven ground, but it was only happening to my left foot.  Today I was wearing my thigh boots with stiletto heels and was having the same trouble with my left foot.  I'll have to pay a little more attention to sore muscles.  I was surprised that a sore hip affected how I walked on heels.

Anyway, I did take a couple of pictures on my early morning outings, but I'm still looking for a morning that is not overcast so I'll have some better lighting.

post-530-0-53675400-1401900031_thumb.jpg

Today I wore a white top with a split see through sleeve to a grocery that I occasional frequent. I did notice getting a couple of looks, but they always included a glance at my boots.

post-530-0-04942700-1401900044_thumb.jpg

:wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Perfect lighting! I love overcast lighting specifically because of soft shadows. Color can be warmed up with image processing.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Well done as always, TBG! As I've said many times, your sense of style is tremendous!

Guys, thanks for the comments.

I was out again yesterday and today.  Yesterday I went to Sam's wearing, a black long sleeved loose fitting top, a short denim skirt, nude hose, and black thigh boots with 5¼" stiletto heels.  Today I wore shorts and a stretchy blue top.

Yesterday at Sam's one of the clerks, that knows me and comments on what I'm wearing, said, "I really like the boots and skirt."  I thanked her and wandered around the store for quite a while.

I am still having trouble with my left ankle.  I've noticed that I am standing with my weight on the outside of my left foot, rather than on the ball of the foot.  This isn’t a problem when wearing crocks but is a real issue when wearing a tall heel.  My ankle wants to roll off the outside of the heel.  I'm going to have to work on this because If I don't correct it I won't be able to wear heels.  Talk about incentive. :penitent:

The long walk in Sam's was just for practice and today I went to a local park just to walk around a bit and grab a couple of pictures.

post-530-0-44083300-1402251201_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-35618500-1402251218_thumb.jpg

Sorry, I didn't grab any pictures with the skirt.

Any advice on strengthening my ankle would be welcomed. 

Perhaps you could talk to a fitness trainer about exercises you can do to strengthen that ankle.

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped at the Guitar Center wearing a black long loose sleeved top, black leggings, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stiletto heels.  Most of the staff is very used to seeing me, but there was a new guy that had never seen me before.  He asked if I was in theater and I said I wasn't.  He replied, "Those are killer boots."  I thanked him and went on shopping.  I do enjoy playing instruments in the "better guitar" room.  I go in, pick up a Martin D-28, sit on one of the high stools, hook a heel over a rung on the stool, and just play for a little while.  It don't get much better than that.

After the G.C. I stopped in Sam's for a few items.  My leg was still bothering me so I took the opportunity to practice walking in high heels (while I had a cart to hang onto).  The stop was without incident.

I went to the doctor for a checkup on my arm and he said it is doing fine and I could start using it again.  I still can't do heavy lifting, but having the freedom to use it for light stuff is great.  I wear my boots on these visits and told the guy I have been recently having trouble putting weight on the ball of my left foot and that is making my ankle unstable.  I showed him that my ankle let me fall off the heel.  He suggested waiting a couple of weeks and if it didn't improve, to make an appointment with one of his colleagues that specializes on foot problems.

Today I decided to see what I could do to get my leg working again.  I got out my bicycle and road for about eight miles.  I went out wearing a red scoop neck top with ¾ length sleeves, black leggings, and black knee high fabric boots with 3" block heels.  It has been 6 years since I have ridden my bike, and other than my seat being a little sore, it felt great.  I'll be doing this again.

I have been out and about almost every day wearing my thigh boots.  I'm still having trouble with my left ankle but I have started riding my bike again and it seems to be helping.  I have been wearing my granny boots or my knee high fabric boots when I ride.  This is a picture with the fabric boots.

post-530-0-05766500-1403563154_thumb.jpg

I have also been watching the World Cup Soccer matches.  I couldn't  believe my eyes:

post-530-0-75312000-1403562880_thumb.jpg  :penitent:

Okay TBG, that second picture definitely made me say WTF.

I just ran to the store for a gallon of milk.  I wore a black long sleeved top, the shortest denim mini skirt I own, black leggings and my thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos.  A shopping cart made walking in the store easier.  The dairy section is in the very back of the store so there was a lot of walking.  I go to this store often and the staff is used to me.  The rest of the patrons seemed to take no interest.

I grabbed a picture on the way home.

post-530-0-39979300-1403567941_thumb.jpg

Shafted -  I'm sure your WTF is: "WOW That’s Football"

Shafted -  I'm sure your WTF is: "WOW That’s Football"

Yea, that's it. Looking good BTW.

I have been on my bicycle a LOT this past week, often twice a day.  I'm really serious about getting my left ankle to work again, considering that if I don't, I won't be able to wear heels.  I have gone out ridding, generally wearing a skirt and ankle boots or granny boots.  Here are several samples:

post-530-0-90450500-1403912606_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-99207200-1403912621_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-73865200-1403912643_thumb.jpg

After a couple of rides, I needed to do some shopping.  One time was just getting gas and the other going to the grocery. For these I'd pull on my thigh boots.

post-530-0-25880400-1403912668_thumb.jpg

The exercise really seems to be helping and I'm physically feeling a lot better for the exercise, considering I spent the last 14 years behind a desk.

Pretty cool there, TBG! I also enjoy riding my bike, though nowhere near as well dressed as you though! HA! In the meantime, keep on pedaling, my friend!

I went shopping at the Guitar Center and Sam's over the weekend.  I was wearing a blue sweatband, black top, denim shorts, nude hose and royal blue leather thigh boots with 5" stiletto heels. The folks at both stores know me well but the blue thigh boots do get a little more attention than the black ones do.

Both stops were uneventful.  I think that this is the case because I wear my boots like anyone else wears any other pair of shoes.   

I did think of wearing a red top and one blue and one white thigh boot for Fourth of July but good taste got the better of me.

Today I went to the cobbler for heel tips on my new black thigh boots (already) and my granny boots.  I wore my blue boots, black leggings and a light blue top.  No one batted an eye.

On the way home, I stopped at a Goodwill.  As I was getting back into my car a little girl ( 12 years old), who was with her Mon and sisters, waved to me and said "Hi".  Since my door was closed I waved back. She called out, "I like your boots."  I gave her a big smile and a thumbs up.

Hello TBG,

I follow your thread and have always been impressed by your persistence and willingness to just be you, that is greatly admired thank you as you are a inspiration.

I do have a question for you if you do not mind, with all your photo documentation which has been really good by the way, how do you do the pictures? Does someone else take them for you or do you use a tripod? Just curious being photographer as well.

Keep going!

I have been on my bicycle a LOT this past week, often twice a day. I'm really serious about getting my left ankle to work again, considering that if I don't, I won't be able to wear heels. I have gone out ridding, generally wearing a skirt and ankle boots or granny boots.

Gee, and I thought I had to go to Asia to see somebody riding a bicycle in heels. That's one thing that I won't do--ride a bike in heels. So bravo to you, showing it can be done with a minimal amount of fuss. I hope your ankle will straighten up and fly right soon.

Hello TBG,

I follow your thread and have always been impressed by your persistence and willingness to just be you, that is greatly admired thank you as you are a inspiration.

I do have a question for you if you do not mind, with all your photo documentation which has been really good by the way, how do you do the pictures? Does someone else take them for you or do you use a tripod? Just curious being photographer as well.

Keep going!

I recently acquired a 16Mpix camera that has a tripod mount.  I use a tripod but don't worry too much about the framing.  I use Photoshop to do some color and balance correction, and then frame the image and reduce the resolution for posting.

Gee, and I thought I had to go to Asia to see somebody riding a bicycle in heels. That's one thing that I won't do--ride a bike in heels. So bravo to you, showing it can be done with a minimal amount of fuss. I hope your ankle will straighten up and fly right soon.

The ankle is doing a little better, and/or I am learning to compensate for it.  I'm finding that riding a bike with stiletto heels is awfully hard on heel tips. :penitent:   Most people seem to be tolerant of whatever bike riders wear.  I live on a bike riders route and I see lots of variety in that is worn (but I've seen no other heels).  Ankle or kneehigh boots with a block heel are a good choice.

I recently acquired a 16Mpix camera that has a tripod mount.  I use a tripod but don't worry too much about the framing.  I use Photoshop to do some color and balance correction, and then frame the image and reduce the resolution for posting.

The ankle is doing a little better, and/or I am learning to compensate for it.  I'm finding that riding a bike with stiletto heels is awfully hard on heel tips. :penitent:   Most people seem to be tolerant of whatever bike riders wear.  I live on a bike riders route and I see lots of variety in that is worn (but I've seen no other heels).  Ankle or kneehigh boots with a block heel are a good choice.

My, my! Aren't you the industrious fellow when it comes to your photography! Meanwhile, good luck working on that ankle!

Hey there, TBG! Wal-Mart, eh? How long before you show up on that kooky website, "People of Wal-Mart"? :P

Hey there, TBG! Wal-Mart, eh? How long before you show up on that kooky website, "People of Wal-Mart"? :P

Already there somewhere.

I stopped at Sam's yesterday wearing a black t-shirt, black leggings, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼ " stiletto heels.  I spent a good while wandering the store getting items on my shopping list, which was not in the same sequence as the items are displayed in the store, so I got to do a lot of walking.  (I could have gotten items in the stores sequence, but what is the fun in that?)

In the checkout line a lady behind me asked, "Are those heels comfortable?"

"Yes, I find them quite comfortable."

"I can't wear mine very long without changing into flats."

I raised my foot sideways (showing off the heel) and said, "One thing that makes these comfortable is that they have a high arch, which supports my whole foot, rather the just the ball."

She nodded with understanding and said, "Those are great looking boots.  Do you always wear them?"

"Thanks, I wear them every chance I get."

It came my turn at the register so we bid each other a good day, which she repeated as I left the register.

It has been a while since a total stranger gave me a nice complement.  I'd kind of forgotten how nice it feels.

This morning I cut the grass at my place wearing a cotton sleeveless black dress, black leggings, and black knee high boots with 3 ½ " block heels.  The dress looks like a muscle T-shirt that is just longer than a shirt, and with the black leggings, it is not obvious that I'm wearing a dress.  The outfit is comfortable and I managed to get most of the mowing done before the sun really started beating down.

This afternoon I really wanted to go out.  Sometimes the desire to go out Is much stronger than other times.  I'm curious if that happens to anyone else?  Anyway, I pulled on a black sleeveless mock-turtleneck, a red suede skirt, and my black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stiletto heels.  I'm sorry I didn't get any pictures since the outfit really did look good.

I headed for a Goodwill just to see if there was anything of interest for sale.  I wandered through the store but nothing struck my fancy.  When I was looking at the shoe rack a lady (with two daughters) asked me, "How do you walk in those heels?  Now my daughter is interested."

I smiled and replied, "Practice".

I headed over to Sam's to get a couple of items I had forgotten last time.  I took my time and wandered around.   The temperature this afternoon was close to 90F (32C) and I was noticing that I was getting warm, even in an air-conditioned store.  The muscles in your legs generate a lot of heat when you're using them, and leather thigh boots hold the heat in.

After  Sam's I drove over to another thrift store with the car's air-conditioner running strong.  I made a quick tour of the shop because I had perishables in the car, but I did find a pair of red shorts that ought to look as good with my boots as the red skirt does.

Anyway, the outing seems to have satisfied my desire to go out.