Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Looking great!  

I wore black leggings a sleeveless black dress and white heeled booties I found at Payless several years ago but haven't worn.

Many times when I see someone wearing shoes that Payless sold years ago I wish they would go back to offering the variety they had in the past.  I would buy so many of those styles in a heartbeat.

I had fun shopping this morning.  I went to Krogers (grocery) and Walgreens pharmacy wearing a gray knit dress, a black leather vest, hose, and black fabric knee high boots with 3" block heels.  I was also wearing a grey headband and carrying a black purse.  The whole outfit went together well and my gray hair and beard worked right in.

The clerks at both Krogers and Walgreens know me.  At Krogers the register clerk waved me over to her register and greeted mw with "Oh you wore your boots today."  The significance of this was that yesterday the temperature was in the upper 60s F and this morning there was snow on the ground.  Also, yesterday I was in Krogers wearing a brown high wasted sweater with a brown leather skirt, hose and black leather pumps with a 2" heel. Anyway, she looked me over and gave an approving nod.

At Walgreens, two of the clerks complemented me on the way I looked.

A little later in the morning I went to the library wearing a white satin blouse, the black leather vest, skin tight blue jeans, and blue leather thigh boots with 5" stilettos.  The jeans are more like denim leggings than jeans.  This outfit also went together well. 

I had to get a librarian to help me find something so I wound up walking around the library a good bit.  When I left, the (female) librarian that checked out my books commented, "I'm really jealous of how well you walk in those heels.  I can't walk on heels at all."  I told her that they made boots like mine with a flat heel and she said she would have to look into them.

When I got home I ordered a replacement pair of my Ellie 8899H5 boots.  I have worn my original pair out, and that includes being resoled and countless heel tip replacements.

All in all it was a fun morning.

:wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Of recent, I have had to make several trips to the hospital for physical therapy for my arm, and several more to keep the hospital updated on my insurance coverage.  For the non USA folks, setting up insurance in the USA is an "interesting" procedure. I have also been to the grocery and pharmacy several times.  Each time I was out I wore a short skort (try saying that three times) and thigh boots with 5" stiletto heels.  One of the skorts is beige and looks like a safari garment the other one is denim.  I wore my white boots with the beige skort and my blue ones with the denim one.  I also wore a black sleeveless turtle neck or a black long sleeved long top.  In all cases the skort was clearly visible (as were the boots).

There has been surprising little reaction from anyone.  I got a couple of glances, but anyone wearing thigh boots would get that.  I have always counseled folks to present themselves with confidence, and I have been doing that.  This skort boot combination feels very natural, and it sure is fun.  It is easy to "look like you wear this every day", when you do wear it every day.  At the hospital one of the registration ladies comments that the blue boot, denim skort, black top outfit really looked good.

The physical therapist freed me from the brace.  All I have to wear is a sleeve compression bandage to reduce the swelling.  I have full movement of my arm but I still have a NO LIFTING restriction.  (I don't have to lift anything to play guitar.)

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Can you fret with your bad arm or do you strum with it? I am right handed and strum with my right hand and when I broke my right elbow it was painful to play.

OTH Can you wear your opera gloves now or is it too painful to pull them on?

77r90dL lf

My new boots arrived yesterday!  (Ellie 8899H5 size 14)

post-530-0-14806700-1398286207_thumb.jpg

post-530-0-87438700-1398286220_thumb.jpg

The first thing I did when they arrived was to make sure they fit, then I took them to a cobbler and had metal toe plates installed on the sole.  I tend to wear a hole in the tip of a pointed toe boot and the toe plate seems to prevent that.

post-530-0-10852400-1398286228_thumb.jpg

I took wore boots out for the first time today.  I was wearing a black blazer, black sleeveless turtleneck, black leggings, a black leather skirt, and my new boots.  Yeah, I know that’s a lot of black.

First stop was the vet for some kitty supplies, then off to the library to return some books and look for some CDs.  I spent at least half an hour looking for stuff.  The staff is used to seeing me and I got mo more than a glance from the other patrons.  Next, I headed to a nearby thrift store and found a couple of interesting CDs.  Again, I took my time and wandered around and I even tried on a pair of boots that, alas, didn't fit, but I had to take off one of my thigh boots to try the other one on.  That got a couple of glances, but it would no matter who was wearing the boots.  The last stop was a large supermarket where I wandered around for a while.

I have been surprised at how comfortable there new boots are, even without an insole.

crotchhiboots - The bad arm was the fretting arm but I now have full movement with the arm.  The only lifting is getting my hand up to the neck.  It did take a while to be able to twist my hand so I could reach the fretboard.  For a couple of days all I could reach was the first string down around the 12th fret with my index finger.  The swelling in my mid arm has gone down enough that I can wear my opera gloves.

I was out grocery shopping today and wore my new boots.  I took a couple of pictures just because they are new boots.

post-530-0-43150300-1398458404_thumb.jpg

post-530-0-24891700-1398458413_thumb.jpg

post-530-0-90516200-1398458428_thumb.jpg

I wore my new boots to the doctor's office yesterday for a follow up exam.  The first guy that went in was on crutches, and there were other folks in the waiting area with serious foot injuries.  I joked with the nurse that I felt guilty wearing these boots with all the other folks on crutches.  She laughed and said, "Yeah you come in and strut your stuff in those."  I had never heard anyone refer to my boots in that way.

I had physical therapy this morning and while the therapist (middle-aged lady) was working on my arm she reached down and touched the top of my boots and asked, "So what's with the boots?"

I told her they were fun and memorable. 

"Do you wear them all the time?"

"I wear them every chance I get.  I don't wear them everywhere, but every place I can."

"Let me see the heel."  I turned my foot so she could see it.

"There five and a quarter."  She just shook her head.

I just got a new camera so here are a couple of pictures from this morning.

post-530-0-23982400-1398954622_thumb.jpg post-530-0-57227300-1398954615_thumb.jpg

Bravo, TBG! Looking good! Your style is still as remarkable as ever!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Terrific outfit TBG !

"Let me see the heel."  I turned my foot so she could see it.

"There five and a quarter."  She just shook her head.

I suspect any physical therapist would react just the same way to those heels if a woman was wearing them, no difference at all.

If you like it, wear it.

Sunday turned out to be a great day for heeling.

I started off going to Kroger's (supermarket) wearing a red blazer, white top, black leggings, a black leather skirt , and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos. I wandered around the store, taking my time, and the trip was uneventful.  I stopped foe a picture on the way home.

post-530-0-19166200-1399256517_thumb.jpg

Around noon I headed for the  

I recently replaced my old black leather thigh boots because one had a broken heel and I have been unable to find a cobbler that would replace it.  I found myself having a real hard time throwing those old boots away so I decided to have a whack at replacing the heel myself.  I now know why the cobblers shy away from the job.  Anyway, I needed a new heel but didn't have a ready source.  As I was browsing the shoe rack at a thrift store, I saw a pair of pumps that had a 5" heel.  I compared the heel to my new boot heel (I was wearing my new boots at the time) and they were the correct height, but not quite the mass, but they were close enough.

I pried the heels off the pumps, which was no easy task.  There is a big staple that bridges the shank that holds the plastic heel onto the shoe.  They must heat the staple when they put it in because the heel was molded onto it.  The heels on my boots were held on the same way.  I put the new heels in place with hot glue, just to hold them in position, then secured them with screws that have a flat head that is ½" in diameter.  I let the head bridge the shank and three screws solidly secured the heel.  I added a little foam cushion over the screw heads.

I'll let you know how this worked out after I put some distance on the new heels.

By the way, the shoes were bright orange, so I now have a unique pair of black thigh boots with 5" bright orange stiletto heels. 

post-530-0-19772000-1399400625_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-05100200-1399400635_thumb.jpg

Hey there, TBG! Quite an interesting job of cobbling you did. I damn sure know I'd never be able to do what you did. By all means, please let us know how your experiment works out.

Great idea, TBG, and let us know how the new heels hold up over time.

By the way, did you buy those pumps first before you pried the heels off?  :penitent:

Just kidding! LOL

Steve

Great idea, TBG, and let us know how the new heels hold up over time.

By the way, did you buy those pumps first before you pried the heels off?  :penitent:

Just kidding! LOL

Steve

looks like you did a good job.....they sell black dye everyday if you don't like the orange!!!!!

I went to the doctor yesterday for a checkup (I'm doing fine) and then did a little shopping afterward.  I wore a lot of black but no one seemed to pay much attention to what I was wearing. 

post-530-0-41750900-1399636060_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-96301000-1399636047_thumb.jpg

These are my new boots rather than the ones with the new heel.

Hey there, TBG! Pretty darn sharp outfit, my friend! You really rocked the black! Bravo!

The temperature is in the mid 70s - mid 80s (23 - 30 C).  The mid 80s is about my limit for wearing thigh boots, but most of the places I go are air conditioned so it isn't too much of an issue.  Thigh boots and shorts work well!

post-530-0-15920200-1399993672_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-84208800-1399993690_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-14851300-1399994469_thumb.gif <-- animated gif (may be slow to load)

I must say you walk very well and natural in them there heels. lol

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

There is a primary election in Kentucky that is drawing National attention and I headed to my local polling station to vote.  In a primary election (in Kentucky), you are only allowed to vote for candidates that are running in your political party plus local non-party officials.  I walked in wearing  a red blazer, black turtleneck, black leggings and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stiletto heels.  The polling station is in the basement of a retirement home and, to my surprise, I got very few stares as I walked in and took the elevator to the basement.

post-530-0-63015800-1400599346_thumb.jpg post-530-0-62870100-1400599335_thumb.jpg

At the poll there were three older ladies running things and they didn’t bat an eye (or maybe they didn’t notice…).  I was asked if I was a Republican (the predominant party in my area). I said I was an Independent, and the first lady gave me the appropriate ballot.  The second lady was running the sign in registry asked me if I was a Republican, and I said I was an Independent.  She couldn’t find me in the Democrat section of the book and asked me if I was a Republican again. I said I'm and Independent, and she said ,"Oh you in the back of the book."  If they had asked me again I was going to say, "Look at me… I'm an Independent."

On the way out, waiting for the elevator, the third worker said, "I don't see how you walk in those heels.  I'd be wobbling all over the place."

I said, "They just take some getting used to."

She replied, "They do look good… they make your legs look trim.  It's nice to be dressed up a little."

I thanked her as the elevator arrived.

Next I stopped at Kroger's for a few items.  My favorite register clerk rang up my sale and we chatted about the warming weather.

Last stop was at Walgreen's pharmacy for a prescription and a couple more pair of leggings.

It was nice to start the day with a complement .

TBG! I'm floored! That's your look. This look so suits your character. Love it!

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.