Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Hey there, TBG! Glad to have read your latest exploits! Well done, as usual, my friend. As for those Bengals fans, well, we followers of sports tend to be rather----different! HA!  :silly:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

The advance of polar air into the U.S. has provided a number of opportunities for venturing out in my thigh boots.  My part of the world only got down to -4F (-20C) which is balmy compared to some of the folks a little farther north but it still qualified as cold.

I ventured out to a Kroger’s (grocery) and to the hospital to drop off a lab sample for my friend.  In both cases I was wearing black leggings and a black leather flight jacket. At least my legs were warm.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Are thighboots starting to become seasonal for you TBG? Really? Imagine that.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Are thighboots starting to become seasonal for you TBG? Really? Imagine that.

Not really, but it was kind of nice having a great excuse for wearing them.  And, as I have mentioned, lipstick beats Chapstick.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought it was time to check in again.

I have been out and about almost daily wearing various knee high boots with block heels, black leggings, and almost always a knee length leather shirt with a blazer.  Tops have usually been a dark color but the other day I went for bright red with a red blazer.

The bright red top and blazer were real attention getters.  I got lots more looks than I normally get. (Most of the time I actually get very few.)  Since the top was sleeveless, I also wore a pair of black leather shoulder length gloves that were mostly hidden by the blazer (but they were fun to wear).

I did venture out to my Saturday morning food pantry gig with my guitar and thigh boots with flat heels and leggings (no skirt).  The temperature was about 20F (-7C) so no one thought the boots were too odd, but they are used to seeing me wear knee high boots.

I did wear my heeled oxfords with black leggings.  The shoes are black and have a 3.5” tapered block heel .  However my ankle was exposed between the end of the leggings and the top of the shoes.  Contrast attracts attention!  I noticed more people looking at my shoes then I ever have my boots.

The Walgreen’s pharmacy in my area had a sale on leggings.  At 2 pair for $10, I bought 4 pair.  They are fleece lined so they are warm and very comfortable.  The brand name is Carnival Fashions.  They are not listed on their web site so it may be a local sale.

More later.

:wavey:

I went out a couple of times today wearing a long suede coat I haven’t worn for a couple of seasons.  I was wearing a black top, black leather 5 pocket jeans, and black leather knee high boots with 2” block heels.  I was also wearing light makeup with mascara and lipstick.  Lipstick is great in this cold dry weather.  The shade I wear almost matches my natural lip color.  So why wear it?  It feels great, and really does offer a lot of lip protection.

post-530-0-97788200-1391551811_thumb.jpg

Is that coat warm? Absolutely not.  It is a riding coat that is split in the back all the way up to the waist.  There is only one fastening near the top so the coat flows in the wind as I walk.  The whole thing is just for looks.

First stop was the Social Security Office.  It’s time to apply.  I sat in the crowded waiting area for about 45 minutes and didn’t notice any undo attention.  The guy that waited on me was very helpful and offered that he hoped he looked as good as I do when he retires.  I really think part of that was from the way I was dressed.

Then next stop was the main branch of the library.  This is the first time I’ve used this branch in several years.  The staff seemed to go out of their way to be helpful.  I wandered around a bit and came home with a Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy DVD. 

I had a great time.

iibb – Great looking boots!  I have the red pair in black and also in white.  I have literally worn the black pair out.  Do you always wear them in such a desolated location?  They are a lot of fun out in public.

I went out a couple of times today wearing a long suede coat I haven’t worn for a couple of seasons.  I was wearing a black top, black leather 5 pocket jeans, and black leather knee high boots with 2” block heels.  I was also wearing light makeup with mascara and lipstick.  Lipstick is great in this cold dry weather.  The shade I wear almost matches my natural lip color.  So why wear it?  It feels great, and really does offer a lot of lip protection.

Posted ImageIMAG0003.jpg

Is that coat warm? Absolutely not.  It is a riding coat that is split in the back all the way up to the waist.  There is only one fastening near the top so the coat flows in the wind as I walk.  The whole thing is just for looks.

First stop was the Social Security Office.  It’s time to apply.  I sat in the crowded waiting area for about 45 minutes and didn’t notice any undo attention.  The guy that waited on me was very helpful and offered that he hoped he looked as good as I do when he retires.  I really think part of that was from the way I was dressed.

Then next stop was the main branch of the library.  This is the first time I’ve used this branch in several years.  The staff seemed to go out of their way to be helpful.  I wandered around a bit and came home with a Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy DVD. 

I had a great time.

iibb – Great looking boots!  I have the red pair in black and also in white.  I have literally worn the black pair out.  Do you always wear them in such a desolated location?  They are a lot of fun out in public.

Thx ,,Thightbootguy  for the moment i dare no yet in the public,witch comes mabye even.I'm working on it..Sorry for my bad english :rocker:

Hey there, TBG! Glad to read of new outings from you, my friend!

iibb: Like Thighbootguy, I also wear thigh highs in public, and it's not the big deal you might think. But, I understand if it takes time to develop the confidence to wear such boots in public. Hopefully, you'll be able to do so in time.

Heck, I'm wearing a pair of thigh high stiletto boots right now here at McDonald's.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

iibb,

Those photos and the boots are AMAZING! While thigh boots are not my personal cup of tea, they looked really good on you. Well done!

Regards, Logjam

iibb,

I earlier commented that your boots looked great.  Logjam added what I failed to say, they look great on you.

As for wearing them in public, As odd as this sounds, they cause less stress than wearing pumps.  It may be that they are such a strong statement that you are not hiding, people tend to accept it.  This surprised me more than anyone.  It was a constant frustration for me that I could go out wearing white and black versions of your red boots, and no one seemed to notice. (They did but gave no reaction.)

If you do decide to wear them out, my advice is don't try to hide them.

Enjoy your boots.

TBG

iibb,   I earlier commented that your boots looked great.  Logjam added what I failed to say, they look great on you.   As for wearing them in public, As odd as this sounds, they cause less stress than wearing pumps.  It may be that they are such a strong statement that you are not hiding, people tend to accept it.  This surprised me more than anyone.  It was a constant frustration for me that I could go out wearing white and black versions of your red boots, and no one seemed to notice. (They did but gave no reaction.)   If you do decide to wear them out, my advice is don't try to hide them.   Enjoy your boots.   TBG

I agree with that. There's no hiding thigh high boots when out in public, and they do indeed present a bold and dramatic statement that you have the stones to wear such footwear. Also, I think people admire us for what we wear too, I'll always remember wearing thigh boots at Best Buy a couple of years ago and a young woman came up to me and, smiling, said she wanted my boots, adding that they looked sharp on me. Needless to say, that was one heck of a compliment. iibb, you'll never know when you'll have an encounter like that unless you go out and see what happens for yourself.

iibb -  

Wearing heels, boots, skirts… whatever out in public is really not how others see you; rather it’s how you see yourself!  I have often advised folks to look in a full length mirror and, if they like what they see, go for it.  What has to happen is that you have to be comfortable with the image you see in a mirror.  This is not easy.  You have to make an honest assessment of what you are seeing and be able to say, “I like that look”.  If you can do that, you will be able to present yourself with confidence, and that is the key to wearing nontraditional clothing (or doing anything else out in public).  If you are confident with the image you are presenting, others will recognize and respect it.

Like I said earlier, enjoy your boots.

TBG

iibb -   Wearing heels, boots, skirts… whatever out in public is really not how others see you; rather it’s how you see yourself!  I have often advised folks to look in a full length mirror and, if they like what they see, go for it.  What has to happen is that you have to be comfortable with the image you see in a mirror.  This is not easy.  You have to make an honest assessment of what you are seeing and be able to say, “I like that look”.  If you can do that, you will be able to present yourself with confidence, and that is the key to wearing nontraditional clothing (or doing anything else out in public).  If you are confident with the image you are presenting, others will recognize and respect it.   Like I said earlier, enjoy your boots.   TBG

Truer words have never been spoken. Well said, my friend.

It took my friend for a cancer treatment yesterday (she is going great).  I wore a light tan long sleeved turtleneck, a black blazer and leggings, and light brown knee high boots with 3½” block heels.  The folks at the cancer center are used to seeing me and greeted me warmly. 

In the waiting area one of the patients (older guy) was speaking loudly, which was apparently just his style, and reminding everyone that Jesus loves them.  After a minute he mentioned (also loudly) to his wife, “I like the way that guy is dressed.”  I threw him a smile and he returned a nod.  A few minutes later his wife was walking around the waiting area and threw mw a nice smile.  (She was wearing jeans and a nice pair of knee high black leather riding boots.)

After the treatment, I was heading home and stopped a t United Dairy Farmer’s for gas and milk.  I have purchases gas at this store many times but have never gone in.  This time I went in and picked up a gallon of milk and took it up to the counter, which was busy.  A little girl in front of me just stared at me.  A second clerk opened a register and invited folks over.  After ringing up my sale he commented, “You look very nice Sir.”  I thanked him and we chatted for a moment.

I think I’ll wear this combination again.

Hey there, TBG! Glad to read you were out and about and helping your friend. As for your outfit, sounds intriguing. I keep saying I'm going to venture out in the oversized sweater/leggings/knee boots combo like you had. And I will!

• 2 weeks later...

I had a doctor appointment Thursday and decided it was time to break out my thigh boots again.  I went to the office wearing a denim jacket, black shirt, black leggings, and blue leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos.  This was an orthopedic doctor (tendons came loose in my elbow) and there were lots of folks in the waiting area that were having trouble even walking, and I walked in in 5” heels.  A lot of folks noticed but no one even hinted there was something wrong.

The nurses and staff didn’t even seem to notice.  They must be used to a lot.  I did notice the doctor giving my boots a second glance, but he was all business about my elbow.

When I walked out, I made sure I was walking as smoothly as I could, just to say, “I can walk in these heels.”

I have an MRI scan in the morning and plan on wearing a similar outfit.  This is the same MRI team that I have been going to with my friend, so they know me but have never seen me in high heeled boots.  Thjis is going to be fun.

The tendons in my elbow let go last week but the pain is now gone and I have full movement back.  The MRI is to see what really happened, and to help the doctor decide on what needs to be done.

Hey there, TBG! Glad to see you're still rocking your thigh high boots! Plenty cool if I do say so myself!

Maybe you'll need to wear opera gloves for therapy to keep your arm muscles warm?

:D

Steve

I actually considered this as the leather pair are quite warm, but it hurt to put the glove on (the arm was that sore).

In the category of “The best laid plans..”, when I arrived to get my MRI scan, the zipper on my blue thigh boots broke.  I had to wear crocks because that was all I had with me and I didn’t have time to return home for a different pair.

TBG

I’ve had a couple of outing in my white leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels.

I mentioned that my blue thigh boots have a broken zipper so I pulled out my white ones.  I have now had two appointments with an orthopedic surgeon to take care of my elbow.  Both times I wore my white boots.  Only on the second visit did anyone even acknowledge I was wearing them and then it was a nice “ah you’re a musician” complement.

I put together a new outfit for the white boots.  I started with a black inner layer of a sleeveless black turtleneck, over a black ribbed cotton sleeveless black dress, and black leggings.  The white boots were balances by a long bower blue jacket (almost knee length).  I haven’t had tome or a picture but I thought the combination looked good.

Wearing the new outfit, I headed back to the orthopedic center to sign some paperwork.  Unfortunately the gal that call me to come in failed to mention that they closed in 20 minutes so they were closed by the time I got there.  From there I headed to Kroger’s.   I took my tome wandering around, but noticed a guy taking my picture with a cell phone.  I saw the isle he headed down and got to the other end before he did and told him that most folks are courteous enough to ask first.  I’m not sure he understood what I meant but he gave little reaction.

My last stop was Walgreen’s where the staff is used to seeing me.  I did notice a tall gal taking a step backwards as she was heading down a isle so that she could get a look at me.  I walked past the isle so I could get a glance at her and notices she was wearing black pumps with at least 5” heels with skinny jeans.  The guy she was with didn’t seem an overly friendly sort who would probably take offence at someone paying attention to his gal.  She seemed a little standoffish too.  Anyway, at the checkout she walked past me and I noticed at 6’ 6”, we saw each other eye to eye and I commented, “Nice heels”. 

I got a nice smile, and she replied, “You to”.  I don’t think the guy even head us.

It was a fun couple of outings.

That was an interesting little outing there, TBG! Bravo! You continue to be quite the daring fellow!

• 4 weeks later...

It was in the low 70s F today and I needed to go to the post office.  I wore black leggings a sleeveless black dress and white heeled booties I found at Payless several years ago but haven't worn.  The black dress was also something from many years ago that I had never had the confidence to wear.

post-530-0-73609600-1397157601_thumb.jpg

I went to the main post office and waited in line only to have the clerk announce that their credit card reader was broken and they were only accepting cash or checks.  Not having cash with me, I headed to a branch office and waited in line again.  

My last stop was a thrift store where I found a humidifier for a couple of dollars.  The room where I have my guitars is way too dry for the good health of the instruments.  I do have humidifiers in each case but it's nice to be able to leave one out of its case once in a while.

Anyway, only one person gave me a second look (and that was followed by a nice smile).  It was kind of nice to go out like this and being comfortable doing it (even if it wasn’t with thigh boots).