Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Happy birthday tbg! Tbg, thanks for the advice of parting my hair in the middle. I love the look. Keep posting your outings. Its really inspiring. I wish I posted my outings more, but it would be a daily thing.

Thanks for all the birthday greetings.

I wish I posted my outings more, but it would be a daily thing.

If you think makeup is addictive, daily posting is worse!  I did that for a time and found it was driving me rather than the other way around.  Once I realized that I stopped posting for several months.  Be careful of what you wish for.

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I just went shopping at Sam’s and Walgreens wearing a gray T-shirt, a short denim skort, nude hose, and Karman pumps.

At Sam’s I hopped out of the car turned a few heads, and headed in.  The staff greeted me like a long lost friend and I wandered the isles looking for my stuff.  The lady that works there, that I mentioned previously had bought boots because she liked the ones I was wearing, came running up to me with her cell phone and showed me a picture of her boots.  I said they looked great and we chatted about them for a minute.  Then she said, “You look good today… nice legs.” I thanked her and continued shopping.  I’m probably 6’3” with those heels on so with a short skort, my look was all about legs.

I headed to Walgreens to pick up a couple prescriptions and while I was there I stopped at the cosmetic counter to pick up a liquid eye liner.   The gal at the counter was very helpful.  Out of the blue she said, I jealous, my skin is so bad and yours is so good.”  I told her how old I was and she was floored.  She said “You really look great.”  I thanked her and headed home.

I’m learning it takes a steady hand to apply eye liner.

:wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I had a few errands to run this afternoon.  I went out wearing black leggings, a mauve V-neck long sleeved sweater (with matching lipstick), a short denim skort, and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos.

post-530-0-64896100-1381184292_thumb.jpg

The first stop was the library to drop off some DVDs.  I parked at the far end of the parking lot and got a few askance stares as I walked into the library.  Most folks, however, paid me no mind.  In the library I returned my stuff (their stuff actually) and found a couple more DVDs (Rumpole of the Bailey) and headed back to the car.

The next stop was a Long John Silver’s (fish place).  The place was almost empty but I walked up to the counter and ordered a carry-out and waited till they filled the order.  They had a drive through, but what fun it that?

The last stop was to pick up a prescription.  These folks are very used to seeing me so it is now a normal thing for me to be wearing anything.

This was s short but fun outing.  It was even more fun because it gave me a good excuse to touch up my eye makeup before I went out.

You should try the pencil eye-liner first, if your hands aren't too steady. Anyway, send us a pic on how you look with the liner. We love our make-up!

Yeah I would go with a pencil liner first for practice, then move up to the liquid. I've been wearing liner occasionally for a couple years and I still struggle!

Thanks for the tip on eyeliner.  I had started with a liner pencil and graduated to the liquid.  Both take a steady hand.  As with any makeup it is easy to overdo it, and the real learning is applying it with moderation.  When I look in a mirror and notice the makeup, :online2long:  I know I have gone too far and its time to start over.  :penitent: 

Pictures when I get it right.

Wow, Thighbootguy! Love the facial hair on you. For some reason that eludes, me it works good for your look.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Wow, Thighbootguy! Love the facial hair on you. For some reason that eludes, me it works good for your look.

Thanks.  A lot of folks have told me that.  But for now, the beard is more attached to me than I am to it.  It does emphasize the fact that a male is wearing a skirt and boots, which is something I had to wrap my head around.  Going full fem and trying to pass is the easy way (for the guy and, if done well, for the people seeing him.)   

I needed to run to the grocery this morning before I started work.  I pulled on a pair of black leather 5 pocket jeans, a fuchsia long sleeved V-neck sweater, a denim vest, and my fuchsia peep tow pumps with 4” stilettos.  I was also wearing light makeup with lipstick that matched the sweater and matching toe nail polish (clearly visible in the peep toe pump).

post-530-0-78895900-1375815013_thumb.jpg

It was fairly early (07:30) so there weren’t too many folks at the Kroger super store.  I found my items then took my time strolling around the store.  In one isle there was a lady sitting on the floor looking at some stuff on the bottom shelf.  As I walked by her I noticed she took a look at my shoes, but when I was passed her she called to me BY NAME!  Turns out I worked with her 15 years ago ( I had my beard back then).  We chatted about what we were currently doing; she didn’t ask why I was wearing leather pants and pumps.  She seemed to take the whole thing in stride.  I saw her again at the checkout and we bid each other a good day.

I was kind of surprised at her reaction (or lack thereof), and at mine.  I really had no thought of being “found out”, rather it was just good meeting an old friend.  Admittedly, she made the encounter a lot easier.

Anyway, it was a nice start of the day.

Hey, TBG. You finally got your pedi. You didn't mention anything about it, or did I miss it. Hope you're enjoying wearing peep toes that show off one's pedi. Last week I got my pedi. I changed from my usual red color to "hot pink" for "Breast Cancer Awareness Month", October. I have gotten several favorable comments from the ladies. Tonight I was wearing a pair of sandals, when I went to Kay's jewelers and all the girls liked my "hot pink" pedi with the sandals, I was wearing, in a hot pink color too.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

OK, TBG, at least you tried some color on your toes. It grows on you having color on your toes. I got a compliment from the woman, check-out clerk at Walmart, tonight about my sandals and my hot pink pedi too!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been out a couple of times recently wearing my black leather pull-on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels. 

The first outing was to a Walgreens for a couple of items.  The temperature cooled off a bit so in addition to my boots I wore, black hose, a light blue long sleeved heavy knit dress the hem of which came to the top of my boots.  I added a gold clam shell belt and a black blazer.  After I found the items I went in for, I stopped at the cosmetic counter for a lighter shade of lipstick.  The older lady at the counter was a new salesperson and was very helpful.  When we were finished she commented, “You look fabulous.”  I thanked her but the comment caught me completely off guard. I said something about not too many guys will wear these boots and she repeated, “You really do look fabulous.”

A couple of days later I went to my salon to have my four nails filled in (built in guitar picks).  I wore my boots, black leggings, and a large off white, long sleeved, knit sweater, the hem of which fell about where a mini skirt would fall.  I added a wide brown woven leather belt and black leather gloves.  After the salon I stopped at a thrift store.  In both places folks commented, “You really looked good today.”  I suspect it was the black/white contrast and the belt.  It was nice to get the complements.

Sometimes we go too far the way we are dressed. I was out to dinner, and I said to the waitress: I guess you never see me dressed like this before? I had hair ext. Past halfway down my back, kneehigh stiletto boots and more makeup that a celeb would wear on the red carpet(think of victoria beckham dressed like a ho going to your favorite family restaurant. The waitress said: to each their own. You look just fine, honey. I don't know why I said anything in the first place, just like you. Now I realize that I can dress anyway I want, as long as I got clothes on. There are laws that protect us. No descrimination. Sorry for hijacking your thread. I always look forward to reading your outings.

pumpcat: Why say anything at all? To me, that doesn't make sense. What you wear is your business and no one else's. As long as you dress appropriately for whatever environment you happen to be in and don't go too far overboard, it shouldn't be a big deal. I don't invite conversation when on my little adventures, I simply go about my business, nothing more, now if someone wants to initiate conversation with me over my attire, then I'll engage, but not before.

By the by, TBG! Good work on your latest exploits! Well done, my friend!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Thanks for the advice Jeffb. Everything is new territory for me. I realise that a customer is a customer. There is no law that says we can't dress the way we like. You're right, I don't need to justify how I look. I'm just being myself.

Pumpcat – If you look back a few years in this thread, you will find that I went out of my way to engage folks to comment on my boots.  Several members took me to task for doing that. It took a while for me to stop doing that but I don’t need to any more.  I think it was my wanting to be noticed and frustrated that no one seemed to.

I think Jeff has the engagement balance about right. I go a little further, if I notice someone looking, I acknowledge it with a smile and a nod.

TBG

While I agree that both you and JeffB appear to be really comfortable in the way you dress for your outings, I've noticed that lately both of you move more or less around the same places, rarely going beyound familiar territory -- or it seems. TBG used to go to to the art gallery and sketch and to concerts wearing high thigh boots. And Jeff used to wear some really stylish pumps to his office and while at work. Don't get me wrong, I really admire both of them. Always have. But I just wonder if they ever go beyond places where they're recognized. Just curious, that's all.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bubba: Well, the places I often go, like downtown Philadelphia has me where I'm seen by crowds and crowds of people, then there's "quieter" places like suburban shopping malls in South Jersey or the Philadelphia Art Museum or slot parlors. But yeah, it would be neat to find and explore new places.

• 1 month later...

It has been a while since I posted so I thought I catch things up a bit.

I’m still working from home but I manage to go out almost every day.  Sometimes it takes some restraint to not run all my errands in the same day.  Mostly I’m going to the grocery, Sam’s, Guitar Center, nail salon, or the drug store.

Recently I pulled out a pair of dark gray yoga pants that I paired with a light gray long sleeved knit top.  For footwear I pulled out a pair of gray suede knee high boots with 4” block heels.  The boots are about the same shade as the top so it sets up a nice balance.  I have been all over the place wearing this outfit.

Today I went to the nail salon.  A gal walked in wearing a pair of gray suede OTK boots with a flat heel.  We traded complements on our boots.

I have been playing guitar at a couple of places (including a church service) wearing jeans and black leather knee high boots with a 2” block heel.  I only got one, “What’s with the boots?” question, to which I replied that I just like them and that seemed to satisfy the guy.  I have also worn these boots a number of times with leggings and a black leather skirt but not while performing.

I have been frequenting the cosmetic counter at Walgreen’s (drug store), even if I was not purchasing cosmetics.  The gals that work that counter now know me and I get a wave and hello when they see me walk into the store.  I mentioned earlier that the lipstick I found is almost my natural color but what I didn’t realize was that in this dry winter weather, a good lipstick is better than chapstick.

I’ve only worn my thigh boots a couple of times.  When I did it was with black leggings and a black leather skirt (short and knee length). 

Like I said, I’m out and about almost daily wearing some form of boots and it has all been uneventful.

• 2 weeks later...

Figured I’d end the year comfortably.  I needed to go to the grocery, so at 7:30 AM I put on some light makeup, a red turtleneck, a black leather skirt, black leggings and black leather knee high boots with 2” block heels.  I was cold enough to also wear a long sweater and gloves.

post-530-0-93427700-1388500643_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-17516500-1388500655_thumb.jpg

The shopping trip was uneventful, but several of the morning shift stock clerks had probably never seen a guy in a skirt and boots before.  I make that judgment form the open stares I got from a couple of them.  No one said a thing and I just went about my business.

The lady running the register has seen me several times and greeted me warmly.

It has been a fun and good year of changes.  I am far more comfortable wearing a skirt than I ever thought I would be.  I have started wearing boots other than my thigh boots on a regular basis (although I still take my thigh boots out for a spin every once in a while). I learn more about playing the guitar every time I pick it up.  I’m playing it enough that I had to have it refretted  (after less than 2 years)!  And, my friend’s cancer treatments are producing excellent results (she is doing great).

I’m looking forward to the next year

Hey there, TBG! Glad to see you're out and about! Cool outfit, my friend! Hope to read more of your outings in the new year!

I’ve been out and about more the normal lately.  My sister wanted me to go shoe shopping with her, more to provide transportation than anything to do with shoes.  We went to a Shoe Carnival.  I was wearing a pair of light brown leather knee high boots with a 3” block heel, black leggings and a black blazer.  I wandered around the store while she was looking for shoes.  The largest boots they had were 11s and I tried on a couple of pair but they were just too small.  I don’t think my sister noticed what I was doing.

The next day we went back again to exchange her shoes.  I wore gray suede knee high boots with a 4” block heel, black leggings and the blazer. I wandered around still looking at boots.  There was one customer that was commenting to a clerk and her daughter that she could not wear heels, then the noticed me.  I told her boots were easier to wear then pumps.  She asked me about my boots and I told her they were more the 30 years old from Tall Gal Fashions.  The clerk commented on how well they still looked.  There was a Barnes and Noble bookstore next door and I looked around in there a bit until my sister was ready to leave.  

He next day I went back to B & N to take a longer look at a book I had seen.  I wore the gray suede boots with a black leather skirt.  I wandered around for a long time and finally bought a “Complete works of Shakespeare”.  I than headed for a Kroger’s I had never been to before and wandered around looking for a few things.

The next day my sister had me take her to Sears and a mall to look for shoes.  I wore tall ankle boots with black leggings and the blazer.  While she was shopping I stood around the Mall and then visited a couple of shoe stores.  I found nothing in a size I could wear.  Lots of folks noticed what I was wearing but no one said a thing.  I even ran into the guy that does my nails.  He was with his father(?) and we exchanged greetings.

I needed to go to the drug store for a prescription and decided to wear my Tony-U black leather crotch high boots with a 5” heel.  I hadn’t worn these boots for a long time and I now remember why.  They are the most uncomfortable boots to walk in that I own. There is something about the placement of the heel that is different than any of my other boots I own with 5” heels.  As I was leaving, I ran into a group of Bengals football fans (that’s an assumption based on how they were dressed).  One guy suggested I looked like a supporter to the other team they were playing that weekend.  I did my best to ignore him.

That about get me up to date.

As I was leaving, I ran into a group of Bengals football fans (that’s an assumption based on how they were dressed).  One guy suggested I looked like a supporter to the other team they were playing that weekend.  I did my best to ignore him.

That about get me up to date.

I wonder how the Bengals fans feel now about getting beat by a team supported by guys wearing heels? ;-)