Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Steve -

Humor appreciated.  Manicure is out of the question; no nails on the left hand and right hand pinkey and four guitar picks on the other right digits.  A pedicure would be wasted; I only have one pair of peep toes and I really don't care for the style, but I do appreciate that it might be fun to get a pedicure.

TBG 

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

On a serious note, a pedi is the "ultimate in pampering." You don't need to get color applied, or even polish. Just buffing is fine for many people. But the extra care the nail tech provides is worth it to me once a month. The nails are trimmed correctly, the cuticles are processed properly, the exfoliation is effective, the buffing of the callouses and rough skin is important, and the foot and leg massage are heavenly. Everyone owes it to himself to splurge and try a pedicure at least once. I did and I was hooked! I didn't go with any color the first few times, just clear polish. Then I decided to get more adventurous.

Steve

Steve, I may give a pedi a try.  The salon that does my nails does a good business in pedicures, but I don't think they would understand if I walked in wearing my boots.

I went out to a drug store this afternoon in shorts and my blue leather thigh boots with 5" stilettos.  I haven't worn them for a while and had forgotten how comfortable they are, and how comfortable I am wearing them.  The temperature and humidity were too high to run around too much wearing them but it was fine in air conditioning.

I stopped in a park for a couple of pictures.

post-530-0-92159900-1378850593_thumb.jpg post-530-0-36737100-1378850599_thumb.jpg

:wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

TBG,  I thought of you a month ago when I went to South Carolina and passed through Kentucky. I'm not sure if you live closer to Lexington or Covington. Wherever it is you give people a rare dose of freestlying at its best! Keep stridin' my friend.  HappyinHeels

Steve, I may give a pedi a try.  The salon that does my nails does a good business in pedicures, but I don't think they would understand if I walked in wearing my boots.

I went out to a drug store this afternoon in shorts and my blue leather thigh boots with 5" stilettos.  I haven't worn them for a while and had forgotten how comfortable they are, and how comfortable I am wearing them.  The temperature and humidity were too high to run around too much wearing them but it was fine in air conditioning.

I stopped in a park for a couple of pictures.

Posted ImageIMAG0001.jpg Posted ImageIMAG0002.jpg

Shorts, eh? How interesting. I faintly remember having tried them once. Didn't do much for me, but I'm glad they work for you, TBG!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Steve -

Humor appreciated.  Manicure is out of the question; no nails on the left hand and right hand pinkey and four guitar picks on the other right digits.  A pedicure would be wasted; I only have one pair of peep toes and I really don't care for the style, but I do appreciate that it might be fun to get a pedicure.

TBG 

TBG,

As Steve said, you have to experience a pedicure to appreciate them. I go about every other month and I do get red color on my toes. I'm always wearing sandals in the summer and I like to show off my red pedi. At first my wife was not all that inspired on the red pedi, but now likes the look on me. I gets lots of compliments from the women on my red pedi. I also get a few stares from the guys too. I really like the look and as Steve said, the great feeling of experiencing a pedicure. Try one you may get hooked, like we have!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Guys -  thanks for the kind words and the encouragement for a pedicure.  It may be a while before I can do that but I will give it a try.

Quick non-heel note - I went to Kroger's super store for a prescription.  I was wearing a grey T-shirt, a black high wasted skirt with a wide white belt with the hem a few inched above my knee, and croks (I was in a hurry and didn't have any heels handy).

I got out of the car and straightened the skirt.  A gal drove past me in the parking lot doing at least 30 mph (in the parking lot) and she did a full double take (at 30 mph in the parking lot).  Fortunately she missed the other parked cars.  In the store I got a glance or two but that was expected.  The clerks at the pharmacy didn't bat an eye.

I'm writing this at the hospital while my friend is getting a treatment and I'm wearing my Oxfords with 3⅞" heel.  I really like these shoes.

TBG

I had to run a couple of errands this afternoon so I went out wearing a green/brown turtleneck, black leggings, a short black leather skirt, black blazer, and black OTK boots with 3” stilettos, plus a touch of makeup.

post-530-0-30543000-1379369852_thumb.jpg

My first stop was at an ATM for a little cash.  A few folks drove by but it was uneventful.

My second stop was the state license department to renew my drivers license.   I had to park a couple blocks away from the court house.  Only one guy turned to watch me (I think he hurt his knuckles as they were dragging on the ground).  Other than that folks chose to not pay any attention to me.

I’m not sure what they think is going to happen at the court house, but they had a full security system with four large county police manning the station.  They had an X-ray scanner for luggage and a walk through scanner for personnel.  I put my hand bag on the conveyer belt and walked through the scanner.  They made me surrender a Swiss army knife that I didn’t remember I owned.

I headed upstairs to get in line for my license renewed.  There were several folks in line but no one paid any attention to me.  The clerks seemed like a guy in a leather skirt and boots came in every day.  I smiled for my picture then headed back down stairs and retrieved my knife.  The two blocks back to the car were uneventful. 

The next couple of stops were bank drive throughs so they don’t really count.

I then headed to my friends treatment center to pick up some paperwork.  The nurses and staff had seen me in boots before but it had been a while.

The last stop was my friends doctor’s office to pick up a prescription.  They had never seen my in boots or a skirt before but they didn’t miss a beat.

I am still amazed at how comfortable I am presenting myself this way.

I needed a few things at the grocery this afternoon.  I went out wearing nude hose, loose fitting denim capris, a mauve long sleeved V-neck sweater, and mauve peep toe pumps with 3½” stilettos.  I added a gold rope necklace and light makeup including my eyelashes. The outfit blended well.  I am still sporting a gray beard and the juxtaposition of the beard and the rest of the outfit just makes it a little harder for folks to wrap their heads around what they are seeing.   It also boldly says, I’m not trying to pass as anything but a guy wearing pumps.

post-530-0-78895900-1375815013_thumb.jpg
These shoes.

post-530-0-40206500-1377031472_thumb.jpg

This sweater.

Anyway, I parked and walked across the parking lot without incident.  This is the same parking lot where the gal did a double take at 30mph.

In the store I used a cart but took my time wandering around.  I managed to find everything without having to ask for help.  I’m sure folks noticed as I walked past, but no one seemed to care.  I was wearing sunglasses in the store but took them off at the register.  I gathered my stuff and walked out to the car.

I went into a Tuesday Morning at the other end of the mall and bought some scented soap and lotion for my friend.  The folks in the store treated me like any other customer.

Last stop was a drugstore to pick up a couple prescriptions.  These folks are very used to seeing me.  After I got the prescriptions, I stopped at the makeup counter and was looking at lipstick.  The lady at the counter asked if she could help and I said I was looking for a lipstick that went with my sweater.  There was no question who it was for.  She pulled out four different shades.  We selected one that was a mild color that worked.  I asked if it would also match my shoes (which are patent and brighter).  She said they had one that would but it would really make my lips stand out.  I went for the milder one.

It was s sort but very fun outing.  I did notice that when I selected this sweater to wear, I immediately thought of those pumps (even though peep toe is not my favorite style).  As I said before, I’m way too comfortable presenting myself like this and I’m still puzzled at why that is (both why I’m presenting like this, and why I’m comfortable doing it). 

I know what you mean; the only thing that amazes me more is how comfortable society is with it too.

Very stylish look TBG.

That amazes me too.

As I said before, I’m way too comfortable presenting myself like this and I’m still puzzled at why that is (both why I’m presenting like this, and why I’m comfortable doing it). 

Tsk! You're thinking and analyzing too much again, my friend. Just unwind and enjoy, it's what I do.

Tsk! You're thinking and analyzing too much again, my friend. Just unwind and enjoy, it's what I do.

Yeah I know that, but that's the way my head is wired.  But for the time being, it isn't stopping me from having fun like it used to.  One of these days I hope to understand the concept of unwinding.  When I go out, I enjoy myself, but I come home exhausted, probably from the stress.  I know I'm doing something "different" and I cruse with a heightened awareness just to be on the safe side.  Actually that's part of the fun (at least it is for me.)  It would probably keep a normal person from wearing heels/skirts.

TBG

I had to make another trip to a court house today (different court house from yesterday) to renew the auto’s license.  I wore a bright red top, a black blazer, black leggings, a sort black leather skirt, and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels.  I also had on a power blue headband, and light makeup including the new lipstick.  One thing I noticed is that the lipstick, like the makeup, closely matched my naturel color so it only has the effect of smoothing things rather than highlighting, (right now that’s a good thing) but it is still fun to wear.

I parked about a block away from the court house and had to walk past several open air restaurants with outdoor seating with dinners seated.  No one seemed to be bothered.  Pedestrians chose to ignore me.

In the court house I got into the queue.  A lady got in line behind me and commented that at least it was cooler in here then it was outside.  There is a high counter in the office so the clerks couldn’t see all of what I was wearing so there was no reaction at all.

I got my license update and walked back to the car.

On the way home I stopped at a Skyline Chili (Cincinnati style chili [Greek chili]) for a carry out salad.  I went in and notice that one of the waitresses gave a good look at my boots.  I was standing at the front counter placing an carry out order when she said, “I love your boots”.  I thanked her and she continued to another waitress, “Carol, did you see his boots?”  Carol came out from behind the counter and gave me an approving nod.  None of her comments were done quietly.  Anyway I got my salad and headed home.

Again, I was very comfortable going out in boots and a skirt with the blazer.  I am also better at time management then making two trips implies, but that isn't the goal.  Having a good reason to go out is the goal.  I'll probably go out and pay property taxes tomorrow. 

:wavy: Steve -  Thanks for the suggestion.   Macallan is top shelf stuff.  I can't reach that high, in fact wearing heels makes it difficult to reach all the way down to the shelf I buy from.  :penitent:

I made a run to Sam’s this afternoon.  I went out wearing a bright red top, gold flat chain necklace, off white high wasted skort with a gold belt, nude hose, black headband, black blazer, and black leather  pull on thigh boots with 4”stilettos.  Today I was counting on the boots to push the outfit over the top, rather than wearing pumps for a more normal outfit.

post-530-0-44214900-1379620307_thumb.jpg

I jumped out of the car and headed into the store with no hesitation at all.  In the store I found my stuff then spent some time looking around.  I had to stop at the service desk to inquire about an item I couldn’t find.  The directed me to where, if they had it, it would be shelved.  It was out of stock.

One of the gals that works there has purchases thigh boots because she saw me wearing them.  She was on duty today and greeted me with a big Hi and a wave.  She had recommended a site where she had gotten hers and asked me if I had looked.  I had but alas there was nothing in my side as she had suspected.  I told her I was starting to play with makeup and she said that wasn’t something she was good at, but recommended I talk to one of the other gals that works with her.  I asked if the makeup I was wearing looked ok.  She took a good close look and said it didn’t look like I was wearing any, and that is the way it is supposed to work. Thanked her and we bid each other a good day.

After I walked back out to the car, I headed for Lowes home improvement center.   Parked and headed in and went looking for the stuff I wanted there.  After a little searching I found it and headed for the register.  The gal at the register was just bubbly when I got there.  That may have been her normal personality, but it seemed even more so when I walked up to the register.  We bid each other a dood afternoon and I walked out to my car.

I’m not sure why, but it did occur to me that if I had any car problems (or any other problems), the only other clothes I had with me was a short leather skirt.  I was committed to the look I was presenting.

Anyway, it was a fun, comfortable outing.

I took my friend to a doctor’s appointment and on the way home stopped at a local grocery.  I was wearing, light makeup, a black long sleeved V-necked top, denim capris, and black fabric knee high boots with 3” block heels.

The doctor didn’t bat an eye. 

At the grocery, I walked in and selected my stuff.  The lady at the deli looked like she was disgusted with the world and all its inhabitants so I don’t think it was just me.  At the checkout, the lady running the register had a good look at me but still said, ”Mam… uh Sir is plastic Ok?”  I don’t know if the "Mam" was from habit or a real mistake, but I’m sure my beard was part of her realization.

I needed to have my nails (four nails on my right hand [built in guitar picks]) done today.  I headed over to the salon wearing a short sleeved black top, denim short shorts, nude hose, and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels.

The salon is very used to seeing me so there wasn’t even a second glance.  There was no waiting when I walked in so they did my nails right away.

I headed over to a Walgreens drug store for an item where I was just another customer.

I headed to a grocery store I hadn’t visited for almost a year.  As I got out of the car there was a group of young ladies getting out of another car.  As I walked away from them I heard, “Now that’s cool.”  I hoped they were talking about me but I don’t know for sure.  In the store I took my time but only found some of the items I was looking for.

I headed to a huge Kroger’s in a nearby shopping center.  I parked a good bit away from the store and had a nice walk in.  In the store I was just another customer.  I found my items and headed out.

There was a Famous Footwear a few shops away from Kroger’s so I headed in just to see what they had.  A young lady (clerk) greeted me and I said I was just looking but was interested in boots in the 12-13 size range.  She went through their boot collection and founds the styles (2) that they had available in a 12.  Both were ankle boots.  In this chain the shell price labels have the size range in small print in the lower left corner of the label.

I headed back across the parking lot and home.

The outing was about an hour and a half of uneventful wandering around.

Good for you, TBG! That for you to call your outing "uneventful" describes how you've become comfortable in your own skin, not to mention the clothes and footwear you enjoy. And that, my friend, is the important thing.

I did an open-mike performance last night wearing a pair of tight black slacks with zipper closed ankles with black leather knee high boots with 2” block heels and a black T-shirt.  The performance went well and no one thought anything about what I was wearing.

I spent most of the day working at home in a denim mini skirt just because it was comfortable. 

I did pull on a pair off slack and a long sleeved cotton top with black leather knee high boots with a 2” block heel to take my friend for a doctor’s appointment (she is doing well).

After taking her home, I changed my knee high boots for my black leather pull on thigh boots with 3” stilettos and went to the city building to pay my property taxes. 

I’m now back home (and broke), but I had fun out and about.

I had a birthday Saturday and decided to do something memorable.  JeffB’s 200th jaunt was my inspiration.  I pulled out a dark green knit dress that has a generous (in diameter) turtleneck collar and an attached belt.  The hem falls a few inches above my knees. I coupled that with black sheer hose and black leather knee high 9West boots with a 4” block heel.  I finished it off with light (not noticeable) makeup.

The first thing I discovered is that a knit dress this short has to be pulled down when I got out of the car and that it took all of my confidence to get out of the car.  Once out I picked up a shopping cart and headed into a Kroger’s super store.  I needed to pick up a prescription and there was a line at the pharmacy.  I queued up and the line stopped moving (the lady at the front was having a problem ringing out).  After about 5 minutes they opened another register and I picked up the prescription.  I got negative vibes from the clerk that waited on me.   I proceeded to wander through the store.  Most of the folks ignored me and no one said or did anything negative. 

Then next stop was a Tuesday Morning.  After a good walk in the parking lot, I wandered around the store and selected an item.  I headed up to the register and was just another paying customer.  I headed back across the parking lot.

The last stop was my normal Walgreen’s to pick up a prescription.  These folks are used to seeing me but some of the other shoppers took a second look.  On the way out I stopped in the cosmetics area and was looking for an eyeliner pencil.  A clerk (attractive young lady) in that area asked if I needed any help.  I told her what I was looking for and asked for a recommendation.  There was no hesitation on her part or asking who it was for.  She showed me several products and made recommendations.  I selected one of the pencils she said she used and she rang up the sale.  We bid each other a good afternoon and I left feeling very positive about the interaction.

Even though this was a good looking outfit, I’m not sure I want to wear a dress all the time.  Consider, how many ladies you see wearing dresses, at least in a casual environment.  In my mind (and that’s what counts) wearing a dress is a much more fermium statement than wearing a skirt and/or thigh boots. And as Zaphod Beeblebrox said, “Hey, I’m just a guy.” (And JeffB is going to accuse me of over analyzing things again.) Seems to me when a guy starts exploring his feminism side another Zaphod quote is apropos:

Zaphod Beeblebrox: There's a whole new life stretching out in front of you.

Marvin: Oh, not another one.

Or

Zaphod Beeblebrox: Okay. So, ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, huh?

Anyway, one nice thing about a guy exploring his feminism side is that, like any exploration, you can stop.  (I expect some push back on that.)  I don’t have to wear a skirt or heels, but I can (a LOT of guy couldn’t).  

A last note on lipstick.  I went into the office today wearing slack, a dress shirt, and black leather knee high boots with 2” block heels under my slacks.  I was also wearing lipstick.  The shade I was wearing is almost my natural color so you really can’t tell I’m wearing it without looking closely. (Then why wear it? … It’s more fun than ChapStick).  Anyway you couldn’t tell I was wearing it until I took a drink of coffee from a white coffee mug.  As I started to put the cup I noticed a plum red lip print on the side of the mug.  Since I was in a meeting, I wiped it off with my thumb and no one was the wiser.

Enough ramblings.

Make-iup is addictive, isn't it? I love the look of very defined eyes. You're giving me ideas on lipstick. I even want to try lip-liner. I would kill for angelina jolie lips. Its great you're able to go out and wear whatever you like. I'm the same way, except I don't strive for a male appearance. I guess that defeats the purpose "for the guys" forum. But these little things make us unique. I'd be interested to know how many pairs of heels you have. It seems you have a lot to choose from. I have around 50 pairs of shoes and boots, and mostly in the 4-5" heel range. Its always fun reading about your outings. Ashley.

"Happy Birthday", TBG.

You had a nice outing on Sunday.

As far a makeup goes, I like to wear a little mascara. No one notices it. I often get more compliments on my colored little pinkies, like I did Sunday at Macy's from two woman associates. I had purple color on my little pinkies, since I was wearing a purple ensemble.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay