Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

TBG, Those Karmen pumps have become very popular with male heelers. If you look on the Payless web site you will see many reviews by men who have purchased those pumps and are wearing them out. Hope you enjoy wearing your new pumps. Happy Heeling, bluejay

TBG, While I haven't seen recent pics of you with a beard, I generally don't like the disconnected image of facial hair with feminine apparel. It's too jarring. Facial hair is very masculine, I think, and seeing it on a body dressed in women's more delicate clothing and heels just doesn't look well put-together to me. That was one aspect I didn't care for in HappyFeat's recent posting of himself in goatee and his long skirts. I encourage you to re-think the whole notion and stay clean shaven if you're going to continue to explore a feminine image. But I respect your choice if you decide to grow the beard. Enjoy the new pumps. I bought a pair back in the spring, although I've only worn them out once so far. Summer is sandals for me. Steve

TBG: Yes, I did indeed remember what you told me about the odd juxtaposition of facial hair and women's clothing, and you're right, it doesn't at all look right, and ever since then, I always shave before going on a jaunt. And since I've been going out of my way of late to overtly present a feminine image in the clothing I wear on my adventures, facial hair is more of a no-no than ever. Besides, since I'm going gray, a beard makes me look older than I really am. Yes, men can be vain about their appearance too! :silly:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I agree with jeffb, clean shaven would look better. But its up to you. I even try to cover up the stubble with cosmetics. I would like to see you more in pumps. We are so used to seeing you in boots most of the time. I really liked your last pic with the dress and pumps. I went out once like that, but I would rather go out iin tall boots over tight jeans. Keep posting your outings, especially with your musical outings.

Yeah, I agree - no facial hair. You can get away with it if you're just wearing heels, but if you're going to do the whole cross-dressing thing, well, let's just say that I've seen a dude wearing all women's clothes with a full beard, and it wasn't attractive or stylish AT ALL. It was just...well...weird...

Bluejay, Steve, JeffB, Pumpcat, Rockbass19 - I agree with all the advice on sporting a bead and womesn clothing. It dosen't work. I'm not sure how long I'll keep this thing but it probably won't be too long. As JeffB says, a beard really does make you look older. Fourty years ago I grew one for just that reason. I was a young IT guy that no one would listen to and a beard helped (and saying more intelligent thing also helped). I wore it for a number of years until the department secretary said, "You know, I don't remember what you looked like without the beard." The next day I refreshed her memory. This one is the result of spending a week in the hospital with my friend; it was just easier to let it grow. (She is now out of the hospital and doing very well). All this said, I was wearing leggings, a leather skirt, and a beard when I bought the pumps. I've only worn them for a few minutes and I havent gone out with them yet but I probably will go shopping tomorrow and I'll try them then (with the beard). Thanks for all the comments. TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

The new pumps fit well and are comfortable. I have worn them all day, including an extended shopping trip at Sam’s and Wallgreen’s (drug store). I started the day in black leggings and a mauve long sleeved V-neck sweater and decided to try the pumps. Most of the day was running around the house but I was out for almost 2 hours. When I went out I added a shout black leather skirt, which goes very well with the leggings, and a pair of dark prescription sunglasses. I thought the outfit looked nice. Since I am Caucasian and my beard is white, it doesn’t offer a lot of contrast and most folks didn’t really seem to notice. A few did and I got a couple of second glances.

post-530-0-40206500-1377031472_thumb.jpg

As I was getting out of the car, I made the decision to unambiguously present myself as a cross dressed guy (no attempt to disguise the guy part). I felt comfortable, and a couple of times actually forgot what I was wearing. This outing was a confidence booster, not that I needed one, but it was all the same.

The staff at Sam’s knows me and I got waves and hello’s from everyone. One of the items I selected was a pack of camisoles. When I got to the register, the operator was an attractive young lady that has seen me many times before, I said, “Those just looked so comfortable.”

She said, “Oh Yes they are, I really like them.”

After wearing these heels for a full day, my feet know they have been on heels all day. I wish the pumps had a little higher arch. I think that would really make them comfortable. I’ll look around for an insole. I like these pumps enough that I’ll be wearing them again, but my favorites are still boots.

Steve - Thanks for the thoughts and well wishes.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Good heavens! Could it be? Has TBG become fancier of pumps? To quote Fred Sanford, "It's the big one, Elizabeth!" But seriously, it's good that you've broadened your horizons and come to appreciate pumps like most of us have, especially plain black pumps which can be worn with pretty much EVERYTHING, jeans, pants, dresses and skirts of every conceivable length. As for your outing, it sounds like you had a good time, and that you felt at home in your outfit, that you felt perfectly at ease and comfortable in what your wore, and that's the importable thing bar none. Keep on keeping on!

TBG, I agree with the others. Good presentation. I, too, found that the Karmen pumps needed more arch support. I found myself walking on my heels and the balls of my feet with almost no support in between, so I found a pair of leather arch supports and they make all the difference in the world now. What's next, high heel sandals? :cool: Steve

I'm mustached, 6'5" inches so there is no avoiding the disconnect. In fact, I kind of think that is what drew me to heels and then skirts in the first place. you can't take it all in. I like my look woth a long - over the knee skirt (pencil or full) and the boots or bootie or pumps on the the feet. a high waisted skirt accentuates the long legs and takes away for my longer torso. The waist cincher helps there also. I'v still doing my best of find jackets and shirts (blouses) that fit my body well enough - and might get closer if I can keep dropping weight. Goal is 200lbs by Thankgiving (16 lbs to go) I keep the mustache because... well I've had it since college - and it masks two upper lip moles. and TBG - it's all grey! The thing I keep vascilatng about is hair. I keep it fairly short, - if I could stand the 2 year grow out period - i'd put in a ponytail. in fact scheduled for a haircut today. That also means I'm in heels today - they are one of the places I visit always in heels often in skirts. and as always, I appreciate the moral support from this forum.

I keep the mustache because... well I've had it since college - and it masks two upper lip moles. and TBG - it's all grey!

And here I thought they were called beauty marks, unless they are super ugly looking.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Thanks all for the comments. Does the phrase “getting pumped up” apply to heels? Today was a warm one with temperatures in the low 90’s F (+32 C). I took my friend to the hospital for a CT scan (just checking to make sure the doctor’s cures have worked). She is not a big fan of my wearing stiletto heels so I wore a gray T-shirt, denim shorts with a 1” inseam, nude hose, and crocks. We had to go to two areas in the hospital and in both areas the staff notices what I was wearing. I noticed a couple of glances, but that was all the reaction I got. After the hospital, I took her home and headed over to the nail salon to have my four guitar picks filled in (salon nails on my right thumb and next three fingers). I put on my new Payless Karmen pumps and headed into the salon. Previously I wore these black pumps with black leggings and black trouser socks so there was no contrast, just black legs. Today I was wearing shorts and nude hose so the shoes really generated a contrast. As I walked by a window, I noticed how feminine these shoes looked. Even though it was warm, I still have my beard. The contrast is fun. The folks at the salon are quite used to me coming in in boots and skirts, so pumps were no big deal for them. I chatted with the guy doing my nails and asked if any other guitar players had come in? He said they had, and I told him I had been recommending the shop to all my guitar playing friends. post-530-0-04657700-1377726723_thumb.jpg On the way home I stopped in a thrift store. They had shoes on sale for half price. I found a pair of suede pumps with an ankle strap that fit perfectly. The lady at the register has seen me in boots and skirts, but today she called me Hon, Honey, Sweetie, Dear,… and any other female euphemism she could think of. Like I said, the pumps really generate a feminine presentation. post-530-0-13760000-1377726732_thumb.jpg When I got home I took a couple of pictures. Was a good day out and about, and hose really are comfortable in warm weather (they distribute the perspiration over a larger area and provide more surface for evaporation). :wavey:

Hon, honey, sweetie, dear! It sounds like you've warmed up to wearing pumps! And those Mary Janes you bought look particularly cool. Good for you, my friend!

I got looking at the Payless site today and was struck by the style of their Javelin Oxford.

Posted Image

From the web site I found a local store (about 15 miles away) that had a pair of 13s in stock and called them to verify they still had them and asked them to hold them for me.

I headed out wearing what I wore yesterday, denim shorts, grey T-shirt, nude hose and my Karman pumps. This store was on the north side of Cincinnati which is an area I have never frequented before. I stopped for gas at a self service station and no one notice me at all.

When I got to the store, I walked in, the manager greeted me and I told her she was holding shoes for me. She was waiting on a customer so she said she would be right with me. The customer was a lady with a little girl who thought I was worthy of a giggle. Her Mom reined her in and told her to stop. I weft over to the 13’s rack and started trying on boots and this put me out of sight. After a few minutes the manager came over with my shoes and I tried them on and walked around a bit. I told her the fit was fine. She mentioned that the larger size boots would go fast, but I didn’t go for a pair.

I paid my bill and headed back out to the car. Just from her reaction, I don’t think she had sold heels to a guy before but she didn’t miss a beat.

When I got home I added an insole and I find these shoes very comfortable.

It was a fun shopping trip.

:wavey:

I wore the Oxfords out and about today. I wore them with long jeans that covered most of the heel (which on size 13 is 3⅞"). My goal was not to hide the heel, rather, let the heel make my leg look 4" longer (like the gals do when wearing heels and slacks). I bought these jeans with a heel in mind as they are too long to wear without a heel. Anyway, the shoes really are comfortable for a heel that high. The heel is solid enough that you can run in these shoes (I tried just to see if I could). The only surprise was how LOUD the heel is on a hard surface, especially indoors. At times, when I really didn't want to make a lot of noise, I needed to let the ball of my foot hit first, then ease down on the heel. All in all, I'm delighted with these shoes and plan on wearing them to the (carpeted) office with a pair of long slacks. :wavey" I needed a few things at the grocery so I headed out in a blue stretch top, black leather A-line skirt (thanks for the idea tallguyinheels), nude hose, and my Karmen pumps. The longer skirt changed the all leg look I had with the denim shorts to a more reasonable leg exposure. I have mentioned many times before that I was more comfortable going out in thigh boots than I was going out in pumps. Well, I am finally over that. I had the same hesitance when getting out of the car wearing pumps that many other have written about, but that’s gone too. When I got out of the car, I straightened my skirt and headed across the parking lot to the store. post-530-0-78662000-1377896676_thumb.jpg I went to a Kroger Superstore and the parking lot (thus the store was full). I did pick up a small cart in the parking lot, but when I saw my reflection in the windows, I saw that it didn’t hide much. I did notice that a few heads turned as I walked in, but I kind of expected that. Most folks took a look and kept on going. I even encountered a gaggle of giggly girls who noticed me, but they managed to keep quiet. I took my time and browsed the isles and just enjoyed myself. I headed back out to the car then over to a Tuesday Morning (discount variety store). I had to park across the parking lot from the store like I did at Krogers. In the store, the staff greeted me and I browsed around but didn’t find anything I wanted. I headed back to my car and then home. I grabbed a picture but the sun was in the wrong place so it required more cropping than I normally do. I enjoyed the outing, beard and all. :wavey:

TBG: Glad to read that you've overcome your discomfort regarding pumps, and you looked good in your outfit, even if the picture was less than stellar. That's why I always take my pics before going out on a jaunt where I can control the lighting, pose, etc. once I'm out on the street, I simply go about my business just like everyone else. But I digress, pumps are very easy to work with and are a most versatile shoe that you can wear with practically anything and everything: jeans, pants, skirts, dresses, capris, anything. I should know, I've worn them with everything I mentioned. Good for you for opening your mind and expanding your horizon to include pumps in your wardrobe!

TBG: Glad to read that you've overcome your discomfort regarding pumps, and you looked good in your outfit, even if the picture was less than stellar. That's why I always take my pics before going out on a jaunt where I can control the lighting, pose, etc. once I'm out on the street, I simply go about my business just like everyone else. But I digress, pumps are very easy to work with and are a most versatile shoe that you can wear with practically anything and everything: jeans, pants, skirts, dresses, capris, anything. I should know, I've worn them with everything I mentioned. Good for you for opening your mind and expanding your horizon to include pumps in your wardrobe!

Jeff B: I agree with you that pumps go with everything, but give me that boots do too (and there still my preference).

I went to Lowes to purchase a new dishwasher. I wore my OTK black leather boots with a 3”stiletto heel with denim shorts, and nude hose.

post-530-0-12379200-1377971901_thumb.jpg

I walked across the parking lot and didn’t notice any heads turning. In the store I noticed one glance but I have been in that store in bots and a skirt many times before so the staff may have been used to seeing me. Anyway, the staff treated me as any other customer (especially since I was buying a major appliance). I browsed the isles for a while and found some other goodies and headed to the register, and out to my car. I walked back in to question the price of an item and then back out to the car. I could have done that out without the trip to the car, but the exercise was good for me, and it was another excuse to walk around.

On the way home I stopped at a thrift store and bought a nice turtleneck sweater that will come in handy in a couple months. The register called me Hon, and I noticed she addressed the other customers as Sir and Mam. They must reserve Hon for “all others”. I took a picture in the parking lot.

post-530-0-50602200-1377971892_thumb.jpg

Was a fun outing with the temperature in the low 80s F (28 C).

I was out this afternoon cleaning some brush and managed to walk on a board with a rusted nail that a neighbor threw in the yard. I was wearing crocks which offered no protection at all. :penitent:

Anyway, a foot puncture wound is nothing to mess around with so I went to an urgent care doctor to have it attended. I wore a grey T-shirt, white short shorts, and by blue leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos.

The only person that noticed was a little girl in the waiting room who stared at my boots every time she walked by.

In the exam I obviously had to take one boot off. The nurse and the doctor didn’t even notice. The doctor decided to numb my toe (the nail hit the base of my little toe) and clean out the puncture.

The nurse was short and having to stretch to reach the second shelf on the medications cabinet. She and I had been chatting about all sorts of stuff so I suggested a pair of heels like mine would solve her height problem. She laughed and said she could never walk on them.

The foot will be fine, and it was an interesting outing.

Get well soon TBG (or should I say "happy healing" ;-) ). Given that your wore 5" heels to get your wound attended to I guess it's not going to affect your heeling at all.

It didn't hurt on the way to the Doctor's office. My tetanus shot was up to date so I really just wanted to be sure.

Great story about the rusty nail. I would have been worried about bleeding in my shoes. Did they give you any bandages after cleaing out the wound?

He treated the puncture my numbing my toe and cleaning out the puncture then the nurse but a dressing on it. It didn't hurt when I left the office. When I got home, and the numbing wore off, the cleaning activity hurt a lot more than the original puncture but that is gone now.

This shouldn't affect my heeling unless a shoe if too tight.

Kudos to you for wearing heels to get treated. I did the same thing when I had foot trouble. I don't know about you, but I can't wear flat shoes. Pretty cool that you wear pumps now, I'm so used to you in boots. You've inspired me to wear pumps. I wear kneehigh boots mostly, even in summer, but I wear pumps to church to try to blend in a bit and try not to look like I've just come from a runway show. Glad that your friend is making progress. Talk to you soon. Ashley.

TBG: Didn't you go through a problem like this once before? You've GOTTA go with thick soled shoes or boots (Doc Maartens or Timberlands) when working in brush or yards so you can avoid situations like what happened with you. In any event, I'm glad the injury wasn't serious and that you're back on your feet.

Kudos to you for wearing heels to get treated. I did the same thing when I had foot trouble. I don't know about you, but I can't wear flat shoes. Pretty cool that you wear pumps now, I'm so used to you in boots. You've inspired me to wear pumps. I wear kneehigh boots mostly, even in summer, but I wear pumps to church to try to blend in a bit and try not to look like I've just come from a runway show. Glad that your friend is making progress. Talk to you soon.

Ashley.

I inspired you to wear pumps??? That kind of inspiration is a JeffB thing. I still prefer boots to pumps, but like I said, I'm getting "pumped up".

TBG: Didn't you go through a problem like this once before? You've GOTTA go with thick soled shoes or boots (Doc Maartens or Timberlands) when working in brush or yards so you can avoid situations like what happened with you. In any event, I'm glad the injury wasn't serious and that you're back on your feet.

This was the first foot puncture I have ever had. The last urgent care was when I was cutting a hedge (wearing thigh boots with 5" stilettos and shorts) and some bug bit me on the leg just above the top of the boot and the bite started turning funny colors. I wore my thigh boots to that office visit too.

Yeah, I gotta stop wearing crocks out in the yard.

Thanks for the good wishes.

I took on another bastion of male prominence. I went to an auto parts store wearing a black ¾ length sleeve top, black short skort, nude hose and black leather OTK boots with 3” stilettos.

There were two guys behind the counter (one was on the phone) and the other guy (who would pass as Crusty on Car talk) asked what I needed. I told him in needed a headlamp and some wiper blades. He helped me find them and rang up the sale. I was relieved when he referred to me as Bud (rather the Hon). As I was leaving two more customers came in and although I didn’t pay any attention to them, I think they were momentarily speechless.

I went home and changed out the headlight and wiper blades while still wearing my boots.

Yesterday I went to Sam’s wearing the same skort and hose but I wore a mauve sweater and matching peep toe pumps with a 4” stiletto heel. The staff greeted me warmly as usual, some by my first name. One of the managers walked up and said Hi and “Oh I love those shoes. I’ll bet there not as comfortable as your boots. ... I bought a pair like yours that I wear out.” She went on about not being able to wear heels anymore (so I’m not sure to what boots oh mine she was referring).

Last night I was on the stage crew of another Balladeers concert, I was also a busker out in the lobby. I wore a long sleeved black top, denim capris and black fiber knee high boots with 3” block heels. No one seemed to think my boots were an oddity; even this was a new audience that has never seen me before. I took in $21 in donations for the Balladeers with my busking. I was exhausted when I got home, both from the physical work and having done it on 3”heels.

A few days ago I went to a Kroger’s super store wearing denim short shorts, nude hose, a gray T-shirt and my black Karmen pumps. I took my time and wandered around the store even after I had found all my stuff. I did get a couple of startled looks from a couple of middle aged guys, but that was almost expected.

On the way home I stopped at a local store for some ice cream. They have seen me before and the clerk greeted me with a nice smile.

I started playing with a little light makeup and found it makes me look several years younger. That is balanced by the beard that makes me look a couple years older. Some months back a lady at a cosmetics counter helped me find the correct shade of a foundation makeup but it has taken me a long time to give it a serious try, but it works and correctly applied is invisible.

Make-up now? Hopefully that wasn't my doing. Be careful, it gets addictive. Nothing wrong with it as all. Everybody on tv wears it, and it doesn't matter what gender. We have to see some pics. Maybe the makeup will match the headband. Just kidding. Ash.

Make-up now? Hopefully that wasn't my doing. Be careful, it gets addictive.

Ash.

Ash - Just a light foundation, topping powder, and a bit of blacking on the eyelashes.  It wasn’t your doing, but it was good to read about other using it, and yes, I noticed it gets addictive.  It is  amazing how smoothing out colorations, I hadn’t realized were there, improves things.  

Folks on TV have to use it because of the lighting.  I think the last person I heard of that didn’t use makeup on TV was Richard Nixon in the first Nixon-Kennedy debate.