Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Sunday I went to an exhibition at the Eiteljorg museum in Indianapolis. There was a presentation by Martin guitar on the history of the Martin company. The exhibition “Guitars, Roundups to Rockers” is a good show for any guitar nuts in the Indy area. Anyway, I wore a black blazer, white satin blouse, jeans, and blue leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos.

As I normally do, I sat in the front row to get the best view of the performer. I was at the show for at least four hours and chatted with the presenter afterwards. There was also musician that demonstrated 10 different Martin guitars (all top end stuff) and I helped him coil cables after the show. The only comment I got was from a middle aged lady with ankle problems wondering how I could walk on “those heels”. Other than that no one batted an eye, but I did look like a person from the 60’s at a guitar show that celebrated those players (among others). I did take the opportunity to try several of those guitars. I was the only finger style player that did try them and it sounded so different (and I thought better) from the guys with flat picks that people turned to see who was playing.

There were at least 150 people at the show but they were either guitar players or museum goers so I fit right in.

It’s about a 2 hour drive from Cincinnati to Indianapolis and, just for fun, I took the opportunity to wear my shoulder length black leather driving gloves over the satin blouse.

It was a fun trip.

:wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Last night I went to the local Guitar Center for a seminar on guitar sound woods. I wore the outfit in the picture, which is the same outfit for which jorisken123 asked a picture. There was one other guy in the session. The instructor (good friend and a guitar builder) and the two of us spent an hour in the “Good Guitar” room and he explained how and why each of the instruments sounded like they did. All that theory worked until he came to two models of my guitar (Martin DCPA4). One of them sounded great (like mine) and the other one sounded like a gourd. I spent some time after the session just playing good instruments. I was asked if I was performing anywhere but no one even batted an eye at my boots. When I took the picture today, it was about 80F (26C) which is too warm for a satin blouse, jacket, jeans,and thigh boots. I’m probably going to be breaking out the shorts soon. The look good with thigh boots. :wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Opps post-530-0-65860400-1368181989_thumb.jpg I do not play in a band. I play mostly for my own enjoyment. I do record my stuff but that is also mostly for my own enjoyment. TBG

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped at Sam’s the other day wearing black leggings and my blue leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. I got a couple of glances but that was expected. What wasn’t expected was the register clerk saying, “I like your boots.” I had never seen this clerk before so it was a nice surprise. I thanked her and mentioned that it is starting to get too warm to wear them. Today, I needed to get my nails (guitar picks) redone so I headed out wearing black leggings, my blue boots, a short denim skirt, a black T-shirt, and a black blazer. First stop was an ATM for some cash. I parked across the street and no one seemed to be concerned. At the nail salon, there was a 30 minute wait so I sat with the other folks. One lady asked me what brand my boots were and I told her there were either Ellies or Pleasers. She said she worked for Amazon.com and they had those boots. When I came my time the guy doing my nails (who has done them before) just said, “fill in, no shaping, one side thicker… I know your hand” and went to work. These folks are quite used to seeing me. The last stop was a thrift store that is always fun to go through. I get called Hun a lot by the staff. I found a microwave rice steamer that is a neat kitchen tool. I’m going to a house concert tonight in Oxford O. The folks there almost expect me to be wearing thigh boots so I probably will. Most likely I’ll wear my blue boots with jeans a lite top and black blazer. :wavey:

Any possible pictures of the shoes (or outfit)? When is the last time something new, a special event happened when heeling in public? It seems like it's just an ordinary business for you now.

I could walk on sunshine, but I chose heels instead.

The concert last night was great ( Russian Duo). Great folks at the concert and great music. I wore my blue thigh boots with 5” stilettos over jeans with a white satin blouse and a black blazer.

We have a pot luck dinner for an hour before the concert and I chatted with most of the folks. One of the gals (collage aged that I had never seen her before) hosting the dinner commented, “Oh, I like your boots”. I thanked her and she continued, “They look like fun.” I told her they were. After the concert my friend, that was hosting the whole thing, commented, I like your boots tonight, I hadn’t seen the blue ones before”. I think this was the first time she has even mentioned my boots in all the years I have known her. The first time I ever met her I asked if my wearing them would be a problem and she said it wasn’t. Since then she has never mentioned them.

For the guitar folks… After the concert our hostess mentioned that tonight she was playing a 1928 Martin. It was laying on a table and I asked her if I could play it. (I know there are some things you shouldn’t ask to share… spouse, pickup truck, guitar,…) Without hesitation she said sure and handed it to me. My DCPA4 sounds very good but this little instrument just sang. It sounded as good as any instrument I have ever heard. I told her to cherish it and take good care of it. She has several newer, very good instruments and she said she never plays this one. I hope that changed.

Anyway it was a fun evening.

I went out early this afternoon for a stop at the drug store. Time to stock up on Benadryl. I wore black hose, denim shorts, a black T-shirt, and blue leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. The Benadryl I have been taking for allergies has a dosage of 1 pill every 6-8 hours and depending on the mix of the drug in each particular pill, in the dosage time period I either get, no relief, good relief and no drowsy, or I go out like a light. The pharmacists recommended a liquid version which is marketed as a children’s medication. This is significant to wearing boots because after looking for 5 minutes I had to have the pharmacists show me where it was shelved. In that 5 minutes, I was up and down the aisle and down on my knee looking at boxes of pills. Must have been a bit of a show, had anyone been paying attention. I’ve been in that pharmacy many times wearing boots and/or skirts so the staff is quite used to seeing me. Sometime though, a customer gives me a funny look. A lady today looked perplexed and almost disapproving. Anyway, on the way home I took a couple of pictures. post-530-0-97905200-1369943352_thumb.jpg post-530-0-69484300-1369943361_thumb.jpg post-530-0-67996100-1369943376_thumb.jpg post-530-0-23638400-1369943387_thumb.jpg :wavey:

In my honest opinion, if I'd see you walking on the street in real life, I'd probably laugh. But I have great respect for people that aren't like the 'norm' how most people are. I'm not too, but in another way. I don't know if I'll ever walk around the street with an outfit like yours...

I'm not really used to the look of a short and high boots, but this picture I found looks great.

http://www.denimology.com/2009/11/-Heidi_Montag_kettle-black-louis-vuitton-boots-jt-440.jpg

But please, keep up with what you're doing. It seems like you enjoy doing it, and I enjoy reading how it went!

I could walk on sunshine, but I chose heels instead.

Yo, TBG! Cool pics there, my friend! You looked darn good in the shorts! Bravo!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 2 weeks later...

I needed to make another trip to the drug store. I posted about a trip yesterday in Who has bought some new shoes because I wore black pumps with a 3¼” heel. It was the first time out in these pumps for a long time and I figured that counted as new. Yesterday I wore black leggings but today I wore them with sky blue hose, a sky blue top, a black high waisted black short with a wide white belt, topped off with a black blazer. The staff is used to seeing me in boots and a skirt and they go out of their way to greet me; today was no different.

In the store it took about 20 minutes to complete my transaction and all the time I was standing at the counter working with the clerk. There was another station beside me and several other customers were served while I was there. There is a closed circuit TV monitoring the counter and a monitor is on the wall behind the counter. I could see any reactions from other customers. There was none.

On the way home I stopped in a park, as I did yesterday, and took some pictures.

post-530-0-33421400-1370986241_thumb.jpg post-530-0-57930400-1370986227_thumb.jpg

The place I stopped is on the side of a golf course and as luck would have it, as soon as I walked into the area, a golf cart pulled up and two guys got out and were searching for their ball. I didn’t see it so I paid them little mind. I sat my camera on one bench and took a couple of pictures of me on the other bench. I had to get up and go to the camera for each one. Just for contrast, while I was sitting there, I took off my pumps and pulled on a pair of blue thigh boots with 5” stilettos.

post-530-0-57551800-1370986258_thumb.jpg

The guys were still looking for their ball and I don’t know if I was a distraction or not. I didn’t occur to me until later that I pulled on a pair of thigh boots in front of a couple of guys with metal clubs. Anyway I left my boots on, picked up my camera and walked back to my car. I'm still more mentally comfortable in boots than in pumps, but I'm working on it.

It was a fun outing.

Stylistically, I have to ask you about about the headband TBG? It really seems to work. Do you have any native American blood (like myself) in you?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Shafted; I attended a acoustic musician's forum a couple of weeks ago. I was wearing jeans, knee high boots, a bright top and a sweatband. A lady came up to me and very apologetically asked if I minded her asking about what I was wearing. I said, "Of course not." She then asked why I was wearing a headband. That was the last thing I was expecting. I wear one because I perspire a lot with any exertion. When cutting grass I might thoroughly soak two of them. It also helps keep my hair, what little is left, in place. I'm not sure what is up my family tree. I know there is a lot of German up there but I'm pretty sure there minimal Native American. TBG

Nice post,THBG. The pics look good too. I'm just the opposite of you. I am very comfortable wearing pumps and sandals now that the weather has warmed up and I am not at all worried about the world seeing my bright red pedi on my toes. However the thought of wearing thigh-hi stiletto heeled boots, does not sit well with me. I guess we both have our own comfort levels! Happy Heeling, bluejay

Whoa! TBG? Wearing pumps? I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you! :silly: By the by, nice pics! Those shoes looked good on you! I think you should wear pumps more often, you might come to like them just like I came to like thigh high boots.

I went to the Cancer center with my friend yesterday. She is still doing very well. I wore black leggings, a bright red T-shirt, black leather knee high boots, a black blazer, and black headband. I carried all my “stuff” in a black leather shoulder bag.

The nurses and doctors are quite used to seeing me and treat me like any other support person. This is a very comfortable outfit that, for me, doesn’t push any limits at all. The temperature was in the low 70sF (21C) when I ventured out but climbed into the low 80sF (27C) which is almost too warm for boots.

After taking my friend home, I pulled on my blue leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos and headed for Sam’s Club. The air conditioning in the car, and the store made wearing them comfortable. I took my time wandering around selecting my stuff. Most of the staff know me and greeted me warmly (they don’t do this for most of the other customers).

My grandmother had an expression for someone that gave a cold disapproving look. She would say, “He/She had a look that would cool soup”. One of the older ladies on the staff, that I had never seen before, looked me over and gave me a “soup cooler”. I nodded and smiled back and she went on with her duties.

After I loaded my stuff into the car, I headed for a Kroger’s (food supermarket) superstore. I had to exchange an item someone had gotten for me in a sugarfree version for the normal version. Not having the receipt I headed for the service desk and explained my plight. The manager told me to leave the item with her and go and get the replacement. It turned out the service desk was on one side of the store and the item was shelved on the other side. This is a huge store. I headed off with a long stride and found the replacement item and headed back to the service desk. Using a long stride with 5” heels reminds you that you are wearing 5” heels. As I got to the desk I noticed I had picked up the wrong size so I turned around and headed back. Did I mention this is a huge store? Heading back to the service desk, I shortened my stride a bit. The manager made the exchange and I headed out to the car.

With that much exertion, even in an air conditioned store and car, I was reminded that thigh boots can be warm. When I got home I put on a pair of crocks.

It was a fun outing. I have to go out again today and I’m thinking of wearing a pair of OTK boots with shorts. I’ll follow up with a post later.

JeffB and Bluejay - Thanks for the kind words.

Bluejay - "the thought of wearing thigh-hi stiletto heeled boots, does not sit well with me." This is almost exactly what JeffB said a few years ago. Don't completely rule out the thought.

I like the headband idea. A nice fashion assessorary(not spelled right I know). That's great you're able to dress the way you want to! I do the same thing. My 4.5" kneehigh boots are pretty much my everyday shoes. Flats hurt my feet bad, I'm sure others feel the same way. Keep up your style, you look great!

This morning I needed to run a few errands so I pulled on a pair of very sheer hose, a short denim skirt, a black cotton top, a black headband, and black OTK boots with 3” stiletto heels. This is the first pair of heeled boots I ever bought. I still remember the trip to Texas in the early 80s when I found them.

This is a short skirt. There is no sitting while wearing this and getting out of the care is done with care. I took a picture as I was going out.

post-530-0-84212000-1371317224_thumb.jpg

My first stop was the library to return some books and I took the opportunity to look around the shelves a bit. I found Blues Guitar for Dummies and it is a surprisingly good book. They also had Thermodynamics for Dummies (I couldn’t make that up) but I passed on it for now. There were lots of folks in the library but no one seemed bothered by a guy in a short skirt and boots. The parking lot was fairly full so I had a nice walk to and from the building.

The next stop was a thrift store near the library that I had actually forgotten was there. Ladies tops were half off so I picked out a couple. One was a pink cotton sleeveless top with embroiderer on the front. I caught my eye and for $1.25 I figured why not. I put this top on when I got out to my car and wore it for the rest of my errands.

The next stop was Sam’s for an item I had forgotten yesterday. I found the pink top actually made me more self concise then the skirt and boots. That didn’t slow me up any and I still presented a confident image. I took my time walking in and getting my stuff. In the store, again no one seemed to be concerned with my attire, but some folks did notice.

The last stop was a drug store to pick up a prescription for my friend. This place is quite used to seeing me and they offered the normal friendly greetings. I had to wait a few minutes for the prescription and I had a nice chat with the druggist.

This was a fun outing. The pink top made it a little more adventurous but that added to the fun. I grabbed picture when I got home.

post-530-0-23808600-1371317235_thumb.jpg

Pumpcat – thanks for the kind words. The headband is almost a necessity if I exert any effort in the summertime. But I do like the look.

Okay TBG, I've had to give this a smidgen of time as to my response. I don't like the pink top or the short skirt on you, because that doesn't suit the outwardly visible person I see in the photos. Please forgive me for saying this, but neither article suits your overall appearance in my opinion. Do I dare say, to dress the body we have and not the body we want. As a mod, I'm ready for my smack-down from a long term member.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

TBG: I have to say I agree with Shafted about that pink top. The color looks good and would work better as a polo shirt, maybe a tank top, but what you're wearing looks like something you swiped from Irene Cara's closet while she was filming Fame. I'm sorry, but that just doesn't work. As for the skirt, well, I have nothing against a mini, hell, I wore one on a jaunt today, but I prefer to wear something I can feel comfortable sitting in while out and about.

Its refreshing that he's wearing pink. Guys usually don't wear pink. I don't see why not! Why are we typecast in wearing a certain colour?

I don't mind the color of TBG's shirt, I rather like it. It's the style of the shirt that I find offputting.