Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Anybody actually think it looks good?

Worthy of any compliments?

Is he doing the image of guys+heels any good?

Because you asked Tech, I'll be brutally honest.

My apologies to thighbootguy in advance, but no, no and no. In my opinion, most guys do not look good to me in a skirt. I think it's a matter of having hips or not. I tried wearing a skirt not that long ago, and as much as I tried I could not make a look work with it even after my radical weight loss.. I really think that the best look I have seen on thighbootguy is with thighboots over jeans. There are some guys who can wear a skirt well, but they are quite rare in my opinion. It could be the cut of the skirt as well. Just because someone loves to wear skirts doesn't mean that they should. On average a guys body type limits them more than women although some women need to deal with those same limitations. Clothes that look good are those that flatter your body type. It's really is that simple.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Now thighbootguy, I'd like to give you something to consider. I know you love skirts so listen closely. We guys tend to have little if any hips. This is THE limiting factor that must be taken into consideration. With that in mind we need to look for skirts with volume. Take a que from the kilt. It's designed with volume by pleating the fabric causing the bottom hem to flare away from the body. This is the shape to look for. Pencil skirts, straight skirts and some A-lines just look like a tube if you don't have the figure. I hope this helps.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Hey thigh boot guy i think you may have a picture on people of walmart??http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/51104#comments not sure if its you.But i it is. you should post a comment lol

And that's why I stopped wearing heels in public. I don't ever want to find myself on YouTube or sites like PeopleofWalmart.com. Funny thing is, I don't even miss street-heeling. It was fun for the year and a half I did it, but after a while it became too exhausting, both mentally and physically. I much prefer the comfort of my hiking boots and peace of mind knowing I'm not being secretly photographed.

Anybody actually think it looks good? Worthy of any compliments?

Oh, hell no! That outfit is scary fugly.

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

And that's why I stopped wearing heels in public. I don't ever want to find myself on YouTube or sites like PeopleofWalmart.com.

I understand your concern, SandalFan. I would not want to end up in a similar situation. But to give up street heeling completely to avoid the risk ? I think we can have some control by carefully choosing what to wear. With my black 3" heeled boots under my jeans it does not look as extravagant as with white thigh-high boots. I have a pair of white boots too but I keep them inside. That's the choice we have.

love to watch them on cute girls, love to wear them myself

And that's why I stopped wearing heels in public. I don't ever want to find myself on YouTube or sites like PeopleofWalmart.com. Funny thing is, I don't even miss street-heeling. It was fun for the year and a half I did it, but after a while it became too exhausting, both mentally and physically. I much prefer the comfort of my hiking boots and peace of mind knowing I'm not being secretly photographed.

Newsflash: You ARE being secretly photographed each and every time you are in public, or have you forgotten that cities and municipalities have cameras up and running to observe the populace as part of anti-crime measures and public safety. So, in the end, it doesn't at all matter what you happen to be wearing, therefore, I'll continue wearing heels in the open.

As for thighbootguy and the Wal-Mart pic, If memory serves, that wasn't the first time that's happened. Regarding his outfit, hey, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but, in any event, let's show respect to others as we would want to be respected and not be as demeaning as the clowns who responded to his photo.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Anybody actually think it looks good?

Worthy of any compliments?

Is he doing the image of guys+heels any good?

Maby not but but in his defense the picture is taken in an horrible angle.

Does this guy look any better http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/51108

or this one http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/51038

thighbootguy keep doing what you do and what makes you feel good!!

ps what is that for a stupid thing to take pictures of customers and put the on a website so

other people can give comment of them.

Get a life!

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

As for thighbootguy and the Wal-Mart pic, If memory serves, that wasn't the first time that's happened. Regarding his outfit, hey, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but, in any event, let's show respect to others as we would want to be respected and not be as demeaning as the clowns who responded to his photo.

Thighbootguy will always have my respect and honesty should always be a part of that respect. Honest assessments of our appearance really helps us improve and refine our looks. I have seen worse on this forum. It was not my intention to take a dig at thighbootguy, but to offer constructive criticism on how to improve that look. I know if the situation were reversed and it was me in the picture, I would want that feedback. Knowledge is power.

I think we can have some control by carefully choosing what to wear. With my black 3" heeled boots under my jeans it does not look as extravagant as with white thigh-high boots.

Hmmm... good point.

Newsflash: You ARE being secretly photographed each and every time you are in public...

I couldn't care less about what security cameras. I was referring to people with cell phones.

... let's show respect to others as we would want to be respected and not be as demeaning as the clowns who responded to his photo.

I was answering TECH's question, and simply decided to be brutally honest about it. I think Thighbootguy is a handsome fellow, but that outfit was all wrong.

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

Regarding his outfit, hey, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

So his image of guys+heels is a beauty to you? :smile:

Maby not but but in his defense the picture is taken in an horrible angle.

?? Horrible angle.... There is no good angle on anybody dressed like this...

I have a lot of bits with me when I go out too, iphone, ipad, screwdrivers, torch, munchies etc... Tom Bihns make some awesome bags for it all, very fashionable, and doesnt look like a robbed a granny...

Personally, and this is just MHO, it does wind me up a LOT to see that the publicity guys+heels get is bad publicity, and I'm sure others see this and it REALLY puts them off going out dressed appropriately, and co-ordinated, something TBG seems to lack...

A handbag too?

Your literally 2 breasts away from being a REALLY badly dressed woman....

Seriously, dump the 1970's wardrobe, get yer hair cut and tidy yourself up..

Wearing heels commands smartness, or sluttyness... The later is not ideal for guys is it?

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Smartly dressed women make sure there is no bad angle. They are just as aware of how they look from behind as they do from the front. I have often seen them stand back-to a large mirror while holding a small hand mirror to view their backside. It's something we all need to do as well. I really respect thighbootguy for his willingness to think (and dress) out of the box. That in and of itself is commendable. Thrift stores scare me. That stuff is there for a reason. Some real treasures can be found there but most of it is usually crap. My recommendation to anyone is to go to a real clothing store that carries mid to upper brand labels with a knowledgable AND FASHIONABLE and preferably female sales staff. If they don't look good you can't expect them to be able to help you look good. The reason I said preferably female is that women seem to be the ones with an innate sense of style. Tell them up front your clothing preferences and let them go to work on you. Be patient with them, not everything is going to work. A good sales staff will know how to dress your body type. You will hopefully come away from the experience knowing what works and what doesn't. You can apply what you have learned to picking out your own pieces. Resist the temptation to buy a garment because you like the looks of it. Try it on first for fit. I have seen heaps of ill fitting clothing posted here. Look in the mirror and use the rear view trick I mentioned above. It's gotta look good all the way around. Then ask yourself what can I wear this with that will flatter me. Be brutally honest with yourself because you are putting yourself on the line. A guy can delve into women's clothing quite deeply and still look good if done right. Dress to impress. Be the guy who others admire (and perhaps a bit jealous of) rather than the guy people laugh at. Don't do it for the "men in heels" community. Do it for yourself first and the favor will automatically be passed to the 'men in heels" community. My fashion credentials: My older sister trying for years to get me to dress well and way too many episodes of "What Not To Wear".

My fashion credentials:

...way too many episodes of "What Not To Wear".

That is a great show! I've never made a point to watch it, but always enjoy what few episodes I occasionally see. TG could definitely take several lessons from it.

Personally, and this is just MHO, it does wind me up a LOT to see that the publicity guys+heels get is bad publicity, and I'm sure others see this and it REALLY puts them off going out dressed appropriately, and co-ordinated, something TBG seems to lack...

It's likely that the well dressed guys (in heels, skirts or whatever) don't get the publicity because it's difficult for people to badmouth others appearance if there is a possibility that someone might find it appealing. It knocks the wind out of their sails when the whole world doesn't agree with them in picking on a POW victim and sends them scurrying back to the dark corners like the vermin they are. The reality of the world we live in is that the cellphone predators are looking for easy prey. That's why our TBG got pegged. He certainly is not in the same catagory as some of the others that I swear made me want to gouge my eyes out to erase the image.

At least here when we knock someone down we help them back up rather than continue kicking them. It really feels like a family here, so I treat people here that way. Tough love I know, but love none the less. If I didn't care I wouldn't comment on the matter.

What was that phrase? You can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.

Someone pushing past fashion boundries is obviously going to find some outfits that others do not like. I've tried a skirt, was not for me. Have seen others that look fine in them. As jas been said I prefer the look of thigh boots over pants, but guys like TBG need to dress how they want, not how I or others want. I'm also glad TBG displays the confidence to wear what he wants, which has to have helped others out with their confidence in more conservative outfits. :smile:

(formerly known as "JimC")

Fashion has rules and always has. Styles change but the rules haven't. Anyone venturing into the arena of freestyle fashion will still be served well by those rules. We should all at least learn them even if we don't fully abide by them. They do make excellent guidelines for the fashion freestyler. I had to chuckle at one person's comment about TBG wearing white after labor day. The fashinazi actually believes this to be a fashion rule. It's totally a myth (also from "What Not To Wear").

Someone pushing past fashion boundries is obviously going to find some outfits that others do not like. I've tried a skirt, was not for me. Have seen others that look fine in them. As jas been said I prefer the look of thigh boots over pants, but guys like TBG need to dress how they want, not how I or others want. I'm also glad TBG displays the confidence to wear what he wants, which has to have helped others out with their confidence in more conservative outfits. :smile:

I can't argue with your point at all. TBG has done much for us, myself included. And for that many thanks to him. But why become prey for those cellphone shutterbugs when we don't have to.

I couldn't care less about what security cameras. I was referring to people with cell phones.

I've been on the business end of camera equipped cellphones several times myself. That still doesn't stop me from wearing heels in public. Why should it?

I've been on the business end of camera equipped cellphones several times myself. That still doesn't stop me from wearing heels in public. Why should it?

To each their own. I was speaking only for myself.

... Thrift stores scare me. That stuff is there for a reason. Some real treasures can be found there but most of it is usually crap. ...

A sweeping generalisation! The reason the stuff is there is because it is unwanted and would benefit charity if sold to someone who does want it.

In the UK at least, most charity shops (= thrift stores) carry a wide range of items (clothing and otherwise) which vary widely in quality, condition and utility. But, if we are considering footwear specifically, I've lost count of the pairs of covetable shoes, sandals and boots I've seen offered in charity shops - never any use to me because they are all too small. One very good reason for good, stylish shoes to be donated for sale is because the original owner simply found them too high, too pointed, too narrow or otherwise unwearable, despite their good looks and quality. Another good reason is that (in the owner's opinion) they are no longer 'fashionable'.

One (wo)man's trash ...

I personally avoid Walmart like the black death. Last years electronics with little if any manufacturer's support. Spoiled food in their produce sections and cheap looking clothes. So I'm unlikely to be found on POW. Cellphone cameras don't scare me because I don't feel I have a reason to fear them. I rather welcome them. My clothing choices fit well, coordinate well, feel good against my body, have eye-catching graphics and generally make me feel good but most important of all flatter me. Jeff, I've seen some of those cellphone shots on the web of you. I suspect you couldn't get on POW if you tried (You're not easy prey). I've loved all of your looks in jeans or slacks and some (but not all) of the ones in skirts (depends on the skirt's shape on you more than anything). Some skirts just require hips to sit right. Quite frankly there are a lot of bad skirts out there, yeah women wear them too. Nobody should wear them except for all the people responsible for making them and should be forced to wear them. There are a lot of clothes that can be found in thrift shops around where I live that should have been burned instead. I remember wandering around hoping that nobody would actually buy certain items of clothing there. Vintage my butt.

First, I would like to seriously thank everyone for their comments and discussion.

As to the picture at Wall-Mart, yeah it’s me and I would suggest that no matter what I was wearing, a picture from the back while bending over a shopping cart would not be flattering.

As to what I was wearing, I offer no endorsements or apologies. It was simply what I felt like wearing at the time, but I was quite comfortable.

Many years ago I took drawing/painting classes for about a year. One of the weekly activities was to hang your work on the wall and be subjected to a class critique. I learned that not everyone was courteous in offering their criticism. I could either get mad when that happened or ignore their technique and pay attention to the content of the critique. I found the latter to be much easier. Advice is always welcomed.

The subject of this thread is Thigh Boots in Public. With the advent on cell phone cameras the definition of public has changed. A more appropriate thread title might be Thigh Boots in PUBLIC. The question is how should I change my activities, if at all? I’m currently not planning on any change.

Again thanks to everyone for their comments, even about not wearing white after Labor Day.

:smile:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

My dream would be to wear a pair of black thigh boots in a busy shopping town and walk around the place, without a care in the world, but that will never happen, life sucks.

Why don't you? Take a page out of TBG's book and do it.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

My dream would be to wear a pair of black thigh boots in a busy shopping town and walk around the place, without a care in the world, but that will never happen, life sucks.

Its not that difficult. Thanks to guys like JeffB and ThighBootGuy and a bunch of other guys I wore my black 5" Pleaser thigh boots in a mall.Twice :wave:

And a month ago I wore knee high boots openly in a very busy christmas packed mall.A photo was snapped of which I was aware of but meh...I dont worry.

So like Bubba said,take from ThighBootGuy's thread what you can and go for it :smile:

Hey TBG.....apparently you are appearing at Lolla's place(highheelspassion.com website) or that person resembles you somewhat.......anyway.....THANKS for all of your posts,opinions, and pictures of you wearing boots and other attire.......the only way I could wear boots (or heels) out in public here is either under pants that were wide in the leg and came to the floor or if I participated in a Susan Komen breast cancer mile run(walk,trot,or whatever) as the town that I live in is full of inbred,cattle screwing,drunk rednecks and prefer not to put up with their stupidity and ignorance......so.....I will continue wearing boots and other attire in the pricvacy of my home or on road trips that are a few hours out of town.........THANKS AGAIN!!!!! and keep up the good work!!!!!!!

I just got back from a short shopping trip at my usual haunts. I went out wearing a gold-yellow long sleeved V neck knit top, a black stretch fabric skort, black leggings, a black leather blazer, black purse and black leather crotch high boots with 5¼“ stilettos.

First stop was Sam’s for a couple of items. I have commented that these boots are a little more difficult to manage than any other pair I have. It still takes me walking in them for at least 10 minutes before I feel that I’m walking comfortably. With that high a heel I do make an effort to stand very erect and I find that helps with the balance.

In Sam’s as I was passing one of the food giveaway counters the gall running it (young black) said, “Would you like to try… Oh I like your boots!” I thanked her and didn’t break stride.

I had a short list and I made the effort to get one item from one side of the store and the next from the other side then back again for the next. This was an exercise in enjoying being out and about.

The next stop was a nearby Goodwill where I found a white leather skirt. I’ve been on the lookout for one for a long time. The gal at the register, who knows me, commented on what a nice skirt it was. When I got it home I discovered it still had the new tags on the inside but the zipper was defective. I haven’t decided if I’m going to return it or replace the zipper.

While I was in the Goodwill I walked past a guy who commented to his companion, “You see all sorts of dumb ass people in here.”

I looked straight at him and said, “You sure do.” I got a surprised look then a chagrin smile.

I stopped at the electronics repair shop to see if my amps were done but the parts had not come in yet.

The last stop was a thrift store down the street from the repair shop. I wandered through and found a nice sweater for $1.

A short but fun outing.

:wavey:

Rick24 – There have been some nice responses about wearing heels in your Belfast thread.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I envy you for being able to go out in public wearing your thighboots. I still haven't gotten the nerve to do so myself but maybe soon. I also love the way you handled the guy at the Goodwill, Bravo! And I love reading about your outings. You give us all the inspiration to be ourselves! Thanks.

Jeff, I've seen some of those cellphone shots on the web of you. I suspect you couldn't get on POW if you tried (You're not easy prey).

Well, not quite that. Heh! Truth is, I've never been a fan of Wal-Mart, I've only been in the place a mere handful of times, maybe two or three total (though never in heels) and was considerably underwhelmed with the experience on each occasion. All things considered, that store is just not my cup of tea.

Meanwhile, it's trailblazers like TBG who inspired me to broaden my horizons when it came to wearing heels, including thigh high boots in public. His boldness in regards to what he wears and where he wears it impressed me greatly, making me think, "If he can do it, so can I!" And I have! Thanks a lot, friend!

Or join us for one of the Meets? NYC on March 2 & 3, 2012 will be an awesome meet! Tere is also Tampa on March 10.

Details in "Real Life Meetings"

David & Cathy

Hey TBG.....apparently you are appearing at Lolla's place(highheelspassion.com website) or that person resembles you somewhat.......anyway.....THANKS for all of your posts,opinions, and pictures of you wearing boots and other attire.......the only way I could wear boots (or heels) out in public here is either under pants that were wide in the leg and came to the floor or if I participated in a Susan Komen breast cancer mile run(walk,trot,or whatever) as the town that I live in is full of inbred,cattle screwing,drunk rednecks and prefer not to put up with their stupidity and ignorance......so.....I will continue wearing boots and other attire in the pricvacy of my home or on road trips that are a few hours out of town.........THANKS AGAIN!!!!! and keep up the good work!!!!!!!

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"