Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Hope this works:

Was just web browsing and playing Where's Waldo online

http://www.findwaldo.com/widget.html

While searching for Waldo at Department Store, not only did I find Waldo, but spotted two people trying on what appeared to be red stiletto thigh high cowboy boots, one of them was a man in a business suit, along with two other ladies with confused looks at the gentleman in red thigh high boots. I found it to be quite amusing, considering how some of our members might have had such a reaction in their daily lives. Might be worth a look. Now that is what I call "Thigh Boots in Public"!

At lunch time yesterday I took a break and went to the local Goodwill where I found a below the knee length black denim skirt for $2 and a black leather dress for $4. The dress is a sleeveless jumper with a high rounded neckline and the hem falls to just above my knees. When I got home I pulled on a pair of black leggings, a black long sleeved blouse with a prominent collar, a pair of black leather thigh boots with 4" stilettos, the black leather dress, and a gold clam shell belt. I topped this with a black leather blazer and my bag. It was a lot of black with only the belt to provide a break in the black, but it looked good. (I was too dark for a picture.) I needed a few things at the grocery so I headed out the door. The temperature has cooled sufficiently to make wearing a leather dress and thigh boots comfortable. I went to a Kroger's super store and parked at the far end of the parking lot. Since I only needed a few things, I didn't bother with a cart so there was nothing obstructing the view of others. As I walked in a few folks seemed to notice but other than that I got no reaction at all. I took my time and selected my stuff and walked to the register. I passed a full length mirror in the store and thought the reflection looked nice. The clerk (older white lady) was chatty and friendly and said nothing about how I was dressed. I walked back out to my car and headed home. I watched the second game of the World Series without the leather blazer but with a small Scotch and had a grand time (I don't care which team wins, but I appreciate good playing). This dress is a little more difficult to put on (long back zipper) than a skirt so changing in the car may not be an option but it is quickly becoming a favorite. :)

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Thanks for sharing your day with us. The weather has cooled off significantly where I live and I am looking forward to wearing my thighboots more often myself. I'll bet you looked sharp in all of that leather. Thanks again.

Bravo to you, TBG! You continue to amaze me with your nerve and boldness, especially after the ensemble you recently wore. And with temperatures cooler here, I'll be wearing my thigh boots a good deal more in the weeks to come! Can't wait!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I headed out to Sam's for a couple of items an went conservatively dressed in a blue/white long sleeved dress shirt, jeans and black leather thigh boots with 4" stilettos. The Sam's trip was a non event, walked in from the parking like I owned the place, did my shopping, and headed back to the car. The next stop was the Guitar Center. These folks have never seen me not wearing boots and I have become a regular customer. I chatted with the repair guy and played my way through the guitar room. There was an older guy (70s) playing and I joined him for a couple of songs. His family came in and didn't even seem to notice I was wearing heeled boots (neither did the guy). I picked up a Martin like mine and tried out several amps. It's time to start saving again because an amp that is as good as the guitar is about the same price as the guitar. I headed home and put stuff away then changed the jeans for the new long black denim skirt. This is a A-line skirt that falls just below my knees. The material is a stretch denim and it is fairly tight fitting; tight enough that I had to insure there were no unseemly lumps on the front. I headed to the nail salon to have my four right hand nails done. There was only a short wait. Everyone noticed what I was wearing but no one seemed concerned. I then walked the length of the strip mall to my favorite thrift emporium. I did overhear one, "What the …" from a guy who had never see a guy in a skirt and heels before but that was it. I took my time in the store and found some stuff that looked like it might be fun. The last stop was at St.Vincent DePaul. There was a street fail going on and I had to park over a block away on the other side of the street. Other than making sure I wasn't going to get run over when I stepped out of my car, I didn't hesitate to get out and start walking. I didn't find anything to purchase so I took the walk back to my car. There were two uniformed police on patrol and other than a quick glance they ignored me. This was a short but fun afternoon outing. :smile:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

might be interested in the long skirt you found. though lately i've been interested in raising my hemline... sounds like a good outing.

It was a fun outting.

Your posts were one of the main reasons I tried lowering my hemline... .

A raised hemline here, a lowered hemline there, nothing like variety! Heh! Just part of the fun when it comes to wearing skirts! Looks like you had another nice outing, TBG, good for you, my friend!

I just got back from a very fun outing. I went out wearing bright red short sleeved T-shirt over a black long sleeved knit top, a denim micro skirt, black leggings, black leather thigh boots with 4” stilettos and a black leather blazer. And of course I was carrying a black leather purse. The first stop was the hospital for some blood tests. I noticed lady at receiving was typing with some long nails and I asked her if they were a problem. She got a real kick out of the fact that I also had nails on one hand. I told her they were for playing guitar and that didn’t seem to surprise her at all. She bid me a good afternoon and sent me to the lab waiting area. I sat in the waiting area with my legs crossed so that my foot was at least two feet off the ground. ( <-- see avitar. I was showing off my boots.) I noticed one of the staff folks was noticing my boots and to my surprise, and delight, she called my name to do the blood test. After the test she asked me where I had gotten my boots. She said they really looked sharp. We chatted about where to buy thigh boots, getting a generous size on a 5” heeled boot and using insoles. She thanked me for the info and we bid each other a good afternoon. There was a DSW shoe warehouse down the street and I decided to stop in. The sales gal that had seen me before greeted me and asked what I was interested in. She pointed out that they had a lot of size 11s in boots. I tried on a couple of pair but an 11 is just too small for me. :smile: But I had fun trying them on. There is a Dillards in the same shopping area so I walked through the store. One of the sales gals made a real effort to say Hi as I walked through her area. I stopped in a WallMart to get a couple of things. The greeter, who has seen me several times, threw me a big smile and a wave. I told her I really appreciated the smile. Judging by her reaction, (big smile) I don’t think anyone had ever don’t that for her before. There was one doodle with a cell phone taking my picture. He turned and walked away and I followed him and told him that most people had the courtesy to ask first. At the register, the clerk asked me about my boots and where I had gotten them. She said that every time she had seen me in the store she had intended to ask but had never had the opportunity. We chatted about boots and where to get them for a few minutes. There is a Payless near Wallmart so I stopped in and tried on some boots. They had a nice selection of 12s. They even had their over the knee boot in a 13 but my ankle would not make the bend (no ankle zipper). I even tried on a pair of 6” pumps with a 1” platform. They were a little tight in a 12 and I’m not a platform fan, but again it was fun trying. When I got home, I changed my 4” stiletto thigh boots for a flat heeled pair and went out and cut grass, I hope for the last time this season. All in all a really fun afternoon. :smile:

Today I was away from work taking a certification exam. I went to the exam site wearing a black turtleneck, jeans, black leather knee high boots with 2”block heels (worn outside my jeans, and a black leather jacket. After an hour and a half of plowing through an exam (I passed), I headed out to my car and swapped the knee high boots for my black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos and headed out to celebrate. Celebrate to too strong a word considering I was exhausted after the exam.

I know this is an old post from 2008, but this post gave me the idea to wear my boots during my IT certification exam today. Wore my jeans and brown boots from my avatar. No one at the exam site noticed or cared that I was wearing boots. I passed with plenty of room to spare. I celebrated with lunch and a movie with my wife. Later on stopped by a Panera Bread for a soda while Internet surfing. It was a very good day to take a test. Thanks for your inspiration TBG!

this post gave me the idea to wear my boots during my IT certification exam today. Wore my jeans and brown boots from my avatar. No one at the exam site noticed or cared that I was wearing boots. I passed with plenty of room to spare. Thanks for your inspiration TBG!

Congratulation on the exam.

If your experience was anything like mine, you could have worn anything and no one would have noticed because everyone was so centered on the exam. :smile:

I have always admired the look you present in your avatar. It’s good to know it’s a public image.

As for inspiration…glad to have been of help, and I’m amazed that someone remembered that post.

Bravo on yet another enjoyable outing! You continue to impress and inspire me with your boldness. Haven't been to Payless lately, perhaps I'll swing by and see what they have.

I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon (no problem). I wore a bulky long sleeved pull over sweater, black leggings, and black leather thigh boots with 4" stilettos. They are getting used to seeing me with my boots. The nurse weighed me then asked, "How tall are you?" "Six foot." "With or without your boots?" The remark caught me a little off guard and we both had a chuckle. The visit was a pre-operation checkout. I'm having a podiatrist remove a bone spur on my little toe. My doctor asked me if the podiatrist had given me any grief about my boots (first time he has acknowledged them)? I said he hadn't, but he had never seen me wearing them but that they were more comfortable than my "normal" shoes. He replied the he had never seen me NOT wearing them and was surprised that I said they were comfortable. Oh well, it was a fun visit. I don't think I'll be able to wear boots or shoes for a couple of days after the operation. This is going to be a new experience. :smile:

well, good luck on your little "operation" (or make that "procedure")?:smile: I know it has to be done, you need to always take care of those feet!:smile:

All went well with the "procedure" except for the new footwear: post-928-133522959901_thumb.jpg I'm stuck with this till next week. :smile: I thought about posting this on the new shoes thread but... out of the blue, someone mught miss the intended humor.

Well that will take the wind out of your sails for a bit thighbootguy. Heal up soon and heel up soon.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

All went well with the "procedure" except for the new footwear:

[ATTACH]14545[/ATTACH]

I'm stuck with this till next week. :smile:

Oh! How attractive! How stylish! :smile:

Well, I hope you'll be back on your feet real soon!

Bone spur? Ouch! Get well soon. It remines me of when I had to have an in-grown toenail removed. And ironically, it was from wearing a pair of men's halter boots (with three inch heels) that were really too big for me, but I loved the boots. Oh well, live and learn. Best wishes to you.

Thanks all for the kind wishes and admiring comments of my latest foorwear. I went to the doctor today and he redid the dressing and said the foot looks fine... but I get to keep the new shoe for another week. :smile:

well thighbootguy, you'll get back in boots before you know it!:smile: right now I seem to have a "sore" on my bottom right side of my right foot, I think that it may have been due to very cold weather (well cold for south orange county calif) & the fact that my mom's house had heater problems for a few days in a row (she had a new one installed today-more like the motor of said unit).

My new footwear is driving me nuts. This has been the longest stint for not wearing my boots I have had for a long time. Well today I needed to make a short trip to Sam’s so I put on a pair of black leggings (the new bandage is small enough to permit putting them on), a black long sleeved V-beck knit top, a black denim below the knee shirt, a black leather blazer, one black leather thigh boots with a 4” stiletto and one post operation shoe. The height difference between the shoe and the boot wasn’t all that bad but I will admit to not having the smooth gate I normally enjoy. In Sam’s I only got one really odd look which I was for the skirt and heel rather than the funny shoe. This look was from an older white guy who just turned and stared as I walked by. I started to stare back at him but he had lost interest as soon as I had passed him. Other than that it was a non event. After Sam’s I stopped in a nearby Goodwill and tried on a leather skirt but it was miss sized (my eye told me that before I tried it on) and too small. I didn’t see anything else that interested me so I headed home. Short but fun. :smile:

Whee Hah. No more post surgical shoe. I went to the podiatrist today to have the stitches removed from my toe. I wore black leggings, a red T-shirt, black leather jacket, and one black leather thigh boots with a 4" stiletto. He really did not notice what I was wearing. After the exam (which went very well) I said, "My G.P. (general practitioner) wanted to know if you were going to give me any grief for wearing these?" and turned my foot to show the heel. His eyes got real big and I could see him trying to process the information when he asked, "Are those motorcycle boots?" "Nope, just what I wear, and they are more comfortable than my regular shoes." He cautioned me about the narrow toe box but I repeated that there was more room in these boots then in my regular shoes, then he said, "I love em… do your thing." He recommended that I wear an open toe shoe while my toe is healing and I almost said that I didn't like peep toe styles but I didn't. What he wanted was a shoe that extra width while my toe continued to heal. Now the medical profession has two direct opportunities to tell me about all the problems that wearing high heels can cause and neither one has chosen to do so. My toe is still too sore to wear boots but he said I can wear regular shoes whenever the soreness subsides and expected that would be within a week. :smile:

Good to hear things went well.Almost back to normal.So close and yet so far. I would've thought that they would've gave you a speech about why heels are bad like we hear from people that font like heels. But its good to see you're on your way to good health.

Glad things are going well Thighbootguy. Looking forward to your furhtur adventures.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Glad to hear things are going well. Looking forward to reading your further adventures.

I needed to go to the hardware store yesterday for a furnace part and my foot felt well enough to try putting on my boots. I headed put wearing a black long sleeved knit V-necked top over a black camisole (which covered the bottom of the V), black leggings, and black leather thigh boots with 4" stilettos. The top was as long as a mini skirt would have been. It was warm enough that I didn't grab a jacket but I should have to complete the outfit. The look was a little more "in your face" without the jacket than I normally present. Anyway, it felt good to be out wearing my boots again. In the hardware store the clerk was a gal who had never seen me before and she was having a tough time processing what she was seeing but after a minute she treated me like any other customer. I had to ask a different clerk where the Item I wanted was shelved and he didn't bat an eye as he helped me. While I was out I stopped in a Kroger's super store (grocery) for an item. I got a couple of looks but no comments. The fun part was going out to the parking lot and not finding my car. Turns out I had parked near an entrance to the store I rarely use and came out the exit I normally use. It took me a few minutes of wandering around the parking lot to realize my mistake, and wondering how "interesting" it would be if my car was really missing. It's great to be able to wear my boots again. :smile:

Glad to hear you out and about again in your heels thighbootguy.

Good to see you back in your thighboots again, my friend. I too have experienced the "long look, yet quietly very helpful" when a clerk sees me in high heels for the first time. You almost wish you could read their minds to respond to their reaction. Thank you for another fine post.