Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Steve- The nails are strictly for playing guitar. I play a fingerpicking style so I get nails on the thumb and first three fingers on the right hand (built in fingerpicks). All the other nails are cut short because they interfeer with my playing. I post my right little finger on the top of the guitar and a nail there gets in the way. Getting a pedicure is something I've consdered. I've seen folks getting one and it looks like fun. I played for another three hours this morning. It is an amazing instrument. :irked:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 2 weeks later...

I needed to stop at Walgreens after work, the temperature has moderated down to the low 80s, and I hadn’t been out and about for a while so I stopped in an expressway rest area and pulled on a denim miniskirt and my black leather thigh boots with 4" stilettos. The top was a long sleeved blue dress shirt. This was s short outing. I parked, picked up a cart and walked into the store. In the store I dropped off the cart because I was only after one item and didn't feel like hiding behind the cart. I did overhear one conversation that stopped in mid word and a few heads turned but that was expected. No one said a word as I selected the item I needed and headed for the register. There was a young gal running the register and she gave me a nice smile as she rang up the sale. I had a nice walk back to the car. The outing was totally uneventful but I did enjoy it. I don't have a real knowledge base for saying this but I don't think I felt any different wearing a miniskirt and thigh boots than a gal would feel. I was a totally comfortable wearing that outfit. It was fun and exciting, but that’s what miniskirts and thigh boots are all about, but it did not feel embarrassing, uncomfortable or wrong. If anyone (guy or gal) wants to try this look and has any of the negative feelings, don't go out. If you're not comfortable with your look, it will show and others may take advantage of your feelings. Ah… enough of the sermon. I had a great time even if it was short. :irked:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I don't have a real knowledge base for saying this but I don't think I felt any different wearing a miniskirt and thigh boots than a gal would feel. I was a totally comfortable wearing that outfit. It was fun and exciting, but that’s what miniskirts and thigh boots are all about, but it did not feel embarrassing, uncomfortable or wrong. If anyone (guy or gal) wants to try this look and has any of the negative feelings, don't go out. If you're not comfortable with your look, it will show and others may take advantage of your feelings.

Well, I'm of the opinion that it's important to be comfortable in whatever you choose to wear while in public, because when you're comfortable and at ease, those feelings are subliminally transmitted to the world at large. Funny thing is I rarely see women wearing a miniskirt and thigh boots, perhaps that's a more common sight among men! HA!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Well, I'm of the opinion that it's important to be comfortable in whatever you choose to wear while in public, because when you're comfortable and at ease, those feelings are subliminally transmitted to the world at large.

JeffB - I think the inverse is more important:

because when you're NOT comfortable and at ease, those feelings are OVERTLY transmitted to the world at large.

Funny thing is I rarely see women wearing a miniskirt and thigh boots, perhaps that's a more common sight among men! HA!

Now that you mention it, I don't think I have ever seen a woman wearing a miniskirt and thigh boots in person. I guess the old notion that "if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself" applies in my case.

---

I haven’t been shopping at Sam's for a couple of weeks and my grocery list had gotten a bit long. I pulled on a pair of black leggings, my Ambercormby & Fitche denim micro skirt a black camisole, a Tommy Helfinger sleeveless denim jacket and black leather thigh boots with 4" stilettos. As soon as I got out of the car and pulled my skirt down, I noticed an older guy giving me one of those dour looks that would cool soup, nobody else seemed to take much notice but a couple of heads did turn a bit. It was time to renew my membership so I headed for the service desk. I don't think the gal (young white) at the desk had ever seen me before and I don't think she quite knew what to make of me but she managed to process the transaction. One of the older ladies helped her with a troublesome part of the process and chatted with me like an old friend. Since I had a long list and lots of time, I wandered through the store. None of the other shoppers seemed concerned about being around a guy who was dressed so differently than they were. The checkout and the walk back to the car were non events. I did put my cart in with the collection one of the attendants was gathering, and he thanked me for my effort. I stopped at a pay at the pump gas station for a fill up. No one seemed to even notice what I was wearing. The next stop was PetsMart for some cat food. The manager got a case of food for me from the stock room and we chatted about their upcoming register upgrade. I think the guy (new employee) that rang up my stuff must have been related to the guy in the parking lot, not a smile, not a word. This is very unlike their staff. I don't know if the manager noticed. The last stop was a Goodwill that was just down the street. I wandered around and found another micro skirt and a green/white/black short sleeved top that has a lot of elastic woven into parts of the fabric. The gal (young white) at the register was all smiles and I asked her if the top and skirt would work well together. She held them up and said they would and that anything would work with denim. I headed home and put the perishables in the refrigerator and tried on the new micro skirt and top. I thought the outfit looked decent so I headed back out to a cobblers shop for heel tips. In the shop I parked on the street where I changed my thigh boots for a pair of granny boots. The grannies worked well with the leggings. I walked to the shop carrying my thigh boots and the cobbler greeted me like an old friend (I had only been to the shop one other time). I asked him if he had time to do a pair of heel tips. He said he sure did and put a new set on for me. I also noticed the toe plates were worn down and had him replace them too. He had a sign saying that he had parking available and I asked him where it was and he took me outside, walked to the corner with me and pointes out a couple of spaces he was renting and then walked back to the shop with me. I was surprised, and somewhat flattered that he didn't mind being seen with me. I paid him for his efforts, gathered up my thigh boots and walked back to the car. There was a Payless right down the street so I stopped in but none of the 12s neither fit nor were interesting enough to buy. There was a Sam's in the area and the store this morning was out of an item I wanted so I headed over and pulled on my thigh boots in the parking lot. I spent the best part of an hour getting the one item I wanted. I had the time and I was having fun so I dawdled around for a good while. On the way back home I stopped in my favorite thrift emporium and found a red suede skirt and a pair of denim capries and walked out of the store only $4 poorer. My last stop was a St.Vincent DePaul. I had to park on the street and walk about a block in a down town area. I found a cute little cat statue and as the clerk (older white lady) was ringing it up I asked her what she would do differently with my outfit. She said she wouldn’t change a thing and that she wishes she looked that good. I was flattered and thanked her for the complement. I still had the block to walk back to the car and on the way and younger lady who was walking her dog gave me a nice smile. I've spent the whole day wearing a micro skirt with leggings and I'm wondering what took me so long to realize what a comfortable outfit this is (both mentally and physically). :smile::irked: Sorry, this one got a litle long.

Congratulations on another fun and successful outing in high heeled thighboots. I don't know if it's the state of the nation or what, but the last time I was out-and-about in high heels, I too got some "sour-puss" looks from both young and old alike. Most of the people just looked and went a bout their business. But some of the looks were almost like, "how dare you dress like that?"And, we've had awfully hot weather the past several weeks, although, it is starting to cool down a little. Or then again, maybe the onlookers were just having a bad day.

Thanks for sharing your day with us.

One of the expenses of having a good guitar is keeping it in strings. For the non guitar players information, new strings are as much fun as new heels. Anyway, I pulled on a bright red T-shirt, my new capries, and my black leather thigh boots with 4" heels and headed for the Guitar Center. The capries have a fairy loose cuff so I wore them over my thigh boots. They are also short enough that most of the boots were still showing. The folks at the store greeted me like a good customer and I selected some strings to try. I played my way through the better guitar room and wound up buying a used guitar amp that was on sale. It isn't as nice as the one I want but it will hold me until I can afford the better one. After that pleasant shopping experience, I headed for a nearby Goodwill. I changed the capries for a micro skirt and headed into the store. I was not wearing leggings so this was a bit more daring than yesterday. As I was shopping a lady stopped me and complemented my on my look then asked me where I bought my clothes. We chatted for quite some time about clothing shops. She recommended a thrift store I did not know about but she said it was run by 80 year old volunteers and she suggested I wear jeans if I go there so they wouldn’t go into shock. She said I might get some stares, and I told her I was quite used to that. Anyway, I found a purple/black sheer top with ¾ sleeved that ate slit from the cuff to the shoulder that I thought would look good over camisole and I also found a bright red, long sleeved, cotton, short dress made of the same material used for a T-shirt. I tried on the purple/black top and it did look good and I figured I could use the dress as an undershirt under a black T-shirt where the long red sleeves would be an interesting contrast. While I was out, I headed for my favorite thrift emporium where I had seen a red suede jacket yesterday. When I got there I was thinking there was no other place where I would wear this red dress so why not give it a try. I pulled the dress on and It fit tightly. I made sure there were no unseemly lumps showing on the front, gathered my nerve and stepped out of the car. This took a few minutes. When I saw my reflection in the car window I realized this dress was as short as the micro skirt I had been wearing so I did some pulling on the dress to be sure I was hanging as long as it would go and headed for the store. Somehow the walk seemed longer than it was yesterday. I did catch a good look at the reflection in the store windows as I walked across the parking lot and up to the door and I kind of liked what I saw. In the store, to my surprise, no one paid me nay mind. There may have been a few more dour looks, but that may have also been the result of the customer mix today. The red suede jacket was still there and I tried it on in front of a full length mirror. It did not go well with the dress but it will work with the skirt I bought yesterday so I headed for the register. After the checkout I made the long trek back to the car. I have a few observations: I doubt if I would have worn that dress without my thigh boots. I have mentioned before that wearing those boots makes such a strong statement by itself, that I can wear anything else with them without concern. Also, as much as I would like to say that wearing a bright red short dress with thigh boots is all JeffBs fault, I probably would have done it anyway. All in all I had a great time; new strings, a new amp, and a red dress, and all in thigh boots with 4" stilettos. :irked:

I decided to push the envelope a bit further today. I have been having a grand time sporting a denim micro skirt so I took the adventure one step further. I went shopping at Sam's after work wearing the black/purple tight fitting knit top with ¾ sleeves slit from the cuff to the shoulder, black hose, black leather thigh boots with 4" stilettos, and a black leather unlined miniskirt. I made sure there were no unseemly lumps on the front. This skirt is about 2" longer than the micro skirts but it is worn higher on the waist so the hem falls in about the same place. ie. You don't bend over. The temperature had moderated to the low 80s (28C) so wearing hose was comfortable. This is just about the most striking/daring outfit I have ever worn in public (with the exception of the red dress). There were no carts available in the parking lot so I walked to the store without a cart in front of me. A couple people noticed. In the store I was taking my time wandering around and I was in the automotive isle admiring a hydraulic floor jack when a guy and his wife entered the isle and walked past me. The guy turned around and in his most incredulous voice said "Are you for real?" I looked surprised (but not embarrassed) and said, "Yeah." Not getting the response he was expecting, he went on about my wearing a skirt and didn't I care if children saw me dress that way. He was getting louder as he went on and his wife was becoming embarrassed (she also took a picture with her cell phone). I politely said it didn't bother me and turned and went into the next isle. He was still going on and saying to his wife, "If he is going to wear a skirt, I'm going to say something about it." His wife was saying that she didn't mind… and I lost track of the conversation. I wandered about and finally got the milk and eggs for which I went into the store. About ten minutes later I ran into the same couple again and I told the guy, "I sincerely appreciate your feedback." He took the thank you with a slightly chagrin nod. As I walked away, his wife was still saying that she didn't mind the way I was dressed. At the register I got a new clerk (young black gal) that had never seen me before. First I got a big smile, and then she said, "That’s a nice shirt." I thanked her for the complement but she couldn’t see what else I was wearing. Is I walked around the end of the counter and more in full view, I asked her if it went with the rest of the outfit. When she finally looked down she said, "Oh, I like those boots!" and I got an even bigger smile. On the way out, three of the other register clerks waved and said Hi. In the parking lot I carefully put my stuff in the car taking care not to bend over and headed for a Goodwill that is down the street. I went in and took my time wandering around. A very attractive young lady came in wearing shorts and OTK brown leather boots with a 3" block heel. When she was nearby I said (and tried very hard to not make this sound like a pick up line), "Those are very nice boots… would you tell me where you got them?" She told me the store and the mall, I thanked her and went on my way feeling that I had done my duty to complement some very nice footwear. I didn't see anything I wanted in the store but as I left both the manager and the register operator waved and wished me a good afternoon. I did have a good time being out and about in this outfit and I had been looking forward to the outing all day even though it pushes the fem look a lot past where I normally go. :irked:

Excellent outing thighbootguy! Nice response to the guy that doesn't get it yet.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I find the comment about wearing a skirt in front of the children is very telling of the attitude and bigotry of the person. They seem to wish to deflect their intolerence suggesting its abhorent to children when we all know children will be fine if you just tell them it's ok. I's only when they are indoctrinated by their narrow minded parents that they lose there open mindness. I have heard comments similar to this before, it's as if they suggest something terrible will happen to the children in the presence of anyone different to the normal. Unfortuneately the children naturally pick up on the manner and tone used by the parent and so the association of it being something bad begins and the cycle starts with a new generation. I eel sorry for those kids but at least thighbootguy's calm and measured reaction may have lessoned the effect on the children in question.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Thank you for sharing your latest outing with us. I have not been confronted quite like you were and the key to the confrontation is what you did, you kept your cool and answered him honestly and politely. This is the correct response to a confrontation or similar comment. One time as I was standing in line at Walgreens to pay for my items, a young man said out loud to me, "...do you have any problems walking in those shoes?" There were several people arounf me. I just turned to him and said, "...no, no problems at all. Thank you for asking." Everyone looked at my shoes, looked up at me, and we all went about our business. Keep cool and be honest.

Interesting confrontation with that guy. Guess I would have to resist the urge to reply back "And so what if children saw it?". I think Foxyheels summed it up; if parents instill children with the idea that there's something wrong with it, then that's what they will think. Good for his wife for saying she didn't mind; maybe some of that rubbed off on him and he will realize that he's making mountains out of molehills.

Thanks for sharing Thighbootguy.I admire you and the rest on here that would be able to keep their cool. I for one would not have been able.My blood starts boiling in situations like that. Good outing and good responses :irked:

Thanks everyone for the kind words. That was really my first encounter with someone like that. There was a bunch of stuff going through my head like commenting on his attire (baggy shorts, T-shirt, trainers), or a more elaborate response about being happy and glad to be alive,… but a simple "Yeah" seemed to fill the bill. I read the look he was giving me as absolute frustration that someone could have an opinion on something that was so obviously different from his. Although he was making a lot of noise, I didn't sense any hostility. If I had I think I would have had a different reaction. There were no children in the immediate vicinity although there were some in the store. His reference to my corruptive influence on the younger generation was a generic reference that, I think, came from his not comprehending that someone could be so different from the way he thought things ought to be and his fear that children seeing me might not be as offended as he was or think my attire as inappropriate as he did. To his credit, he used no foul language and said nothing more derogatory than "You're wearing a skirt.", but he said it several times, a little louder each time. I suspect he had a hard time accepting that his wife wasn’t as upset as he was. Considering that the outfit I had on was the most fem looking getup I have worn in Sam's, I wasn't that surprised that I got a strong reaction. Had I been trying to pass as a female, that would have been one thing, but I was definitely identifiable as a male wearing a tight short leather skirt, a tight knit top and thigh boots with 4" stilettos. It's interesting that he focused his ire on the skirt. Oh well, I may have gotten going out looking that fem out of my system for a while. The operative word in that last sentence is "may". :irked: Thanks again for all the kind words. :smile:

well thighbootguy, I'm sure I can speak for you in this- that was HIS problem by not HANDLING it very well, especially if it sort of allowed him to "take out" his frustration on his poor wife, who in all likelyhood just told him to "get a grip" on his life (or somthing like that):smile::irked:

This is a highly technical explanation, so bear with me. When people see things outside of the norm, they have to stop and process what they see. It takes time. The norm is that people fall into two and only two genders. In this guy's rather small brain, there is a pigeonhole for each gender. He can recognize type specimens of male and female humans, dressed in socially traditional apparel. When he encountered TBG, he suddenly ran short of pigeonholes, and try as he might, it was impossible for him to create one that was labeled "Man in skirt with thigh boots." His neurons just wouldn't connect, no matter how hard he tried. Repeating what he said louder each time was his way of trying to force his brain into gear, but sadly it hadn't been used for a long time and was so rusty that it just wouldn't function. I wonder if that pigeonhole ever got created! :irked: Steve

Thighbootguy, I think your "yeah" reaction was just perfect. And sure, I can understand some people struggling to process something out of the ordinary for them, but it's more worrying that children might see him express his prejudice how he did, like it's ok to show such intolerance. To his credit he did appear to show some restraint later (perhaps a glimmer of respect towards his wife's more open-minded attitude) so while I certainly don't condone his initial reaction, he has perhaps taken a step in the right direction. In any case, the new clerk's enthusiastic reaction surely restores a little faith in human nature.

If you like it, wear it.

Steve – Thanks for the insight. I think we can take your pigeon hole example a bit further. The vast majority of the reactions I get are the "no reaction". Most of my shopping trips I've said were non-events, meaning that no one paid any attention to me. After reading your pigeon hole analogy I started to wonder how most folks categorized me. I suspect that some already have created an "other" or a "cross dresser" pigeon hole. The other possibility (and I think more likely) is if they don’t have an existing pigeon hole then they don’t bother processing the information and are willing to ignore things in the world that don't fit into their model. To the guy's I encountered credit, he did make the effort to process the information.

Sleekheels – I had not considered that my encounter could be a learning opportunity for kids. That makes me glad there weren't any around but gives me something else to consider if there are.

Most of the reactions I see on kid's faces are: curiosity, amusement, fascination, or hostility. Kids are not as good at ignoring the world as adults are; I guess that’s why we say they are impressionable. Judging the kids by the adults they are with, I think the hostile reactions come from what they have already been taught. I have a http://www.hhplace.org/guys/4879-how_we_see_ourselves----truthfully-2.html#post92850'>post back in 2005 on a thread that JeffB staterd this subject that is still worth looking at.

Thanks for the interesting discussion.

TBG: Wow! I had forgotten all about that thread you linked! Still makes for good reading today! As for that kook you encountered, I had to shake my head and chuckle at his seriously over the top reaction to your outfit. Hell, his kids probably see far worse things on the evening news or the Internet than a man in a skirt and heels who's doing nothing more than minding his own business. The nonsense about equating clothing with gender continues to amaze me because people should be more forward thinking than they are but clearly aren't. When will people realize that this is no big deal? Anyhoo, keep on trucking, my friend!

TBG....we just want to pass along our gratitude and best wishes...this is somewhere around the 2846th post on this blog thread you started many years ago....awesome! You have maintained one of the longest continuous blog threads on the HHPlace site a sign of true dedication, openness and commitment. You have certainly opened up (free'd) the minds of many people as well as given confidence to many countless others. So from us, straight from our hearts, BRAVO! and Thank you. *big big HUG* Your friends, Cathy & David

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

I stopped at the Goodwill this afternoon and picked up a couple of knit tops. The outfit I had in mind was a white skirt and my thigh boots with 4" stilettos.

When I got home I pulled one of the tops on with a short white denim skirt (not a mini), pearl drop earrings, and my boots and headed out to a Kroger's (large grocery super store) to pick up a prescription. The only male item I had on was my watch. :irked:

post-928-133522951928_thumb.jpg

I parked on the far side of the lot and headed in. There was no hesitancy about getting out of the car and I was pleased at how comfortable I felt. Much to my surprise, no one paid any attention or even seemed to notice. I did watch the reflections of some folks I passed to see if they did a double take… nothing. I think at quick glance I must look like an ugly female that can be ignored. In the store wasn’t any different. The clerk I got at the pharmacy was an older guy that didn't approve but didn’t say anything other than what's your D.O B. and sign here.

I walked back out of the store and over to my car, passing people right and left. I drove over the liquor store in the same mall, parked, walked in and through a wine tasting. No one paid any attention. I selected a bottle of Scotch and walked up to the checkout.

As I was walking back to my car two older white guys were walking in my direction and one of the guys looked at me and in a friendly tone said, "Good grief, It doesn't get any better than that."

I returned his smile and just said, "Yeah" and headed on to my car.

I'll be out shopping tomorrow and I'll probably wear the other top but stick with the white skirt and boots.

By the way, this is my post #2000.

:smile:

iloveboots – Dave and Cathy, thanks for the kind words. Some of your early posts were a real eye opener for me. Your "I like thigh boots and I'm gonna wear them" attitude (from both of you) really helped me. Thanks.

Wow thighbootguy what an unusual encounter with those two guys. Did you feel it was a honest yet friendly encounter?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Hey, TBG! Nothing like some positive commentary. And your outfit was certainly intriguing. Me? I still think it's too warm for boots, but, more power to you, my friend.

Today was my shopping day and as I had planned, I spent the whole day in a short white denim skirt, a gold metal clamshell belt, and thigh boots with 4" stilettos. I started the day wearing a purple/black paisley patterned, long sleeved form fitting knit top. I have come to realize that if I'm going to wear form fitting clothing like that, I'm going to have to do something about the form over which they are fitting. The outfit looked good as long as I remembered to hold my stomach in.

The first stop was PetsMart for some cat food. Besides the two female clerks (who greeted me warmly) there were six other women in the store and I was the only guy. No one gave more than a second glance at me but I did have two long conversations with two different folks about cat food.

The next stop was Sam's. I didn't need much but I had lots of time and was enjoying being out so I ordered my shopping so that each item came from the other side of the store. I walked around for about an hour. I got a couple dour looks mostly from guys which was a lot less than I had expected. I did notice when I passed two ladies then only one of them noticed me and she poked the other one so she would look. I gave them a nice smile and got two in return.

I headed for a Kroger's grocery for an item Sam's didn't carry. I parked in the middle of the lot and had a nice walk into the store. I passed a couple of young guys and the expression on their faces was more of surprise than anything else. I had to ask where the item was and then headed off to a far corner of the store. The register clerk (young white male) didn't look thrilled about having to wait on me but he did his job and I went out of my way to be pleasant. Bu the time he was done he was actually returning pleasantries. In the parking lot a car full of girls called out that they liked my boots and ask where I had gotten them. They were on the other side of the parking lot and I wasn't about to stand there and yell, so I drove over to their car and told them where they could get them and what to look for.

I headed home to put the perishables in the refrigerator.

It had been a couple of weeks since I had had my nails done and they needed work. I put on the purple/black top with the slit ¾ sleeves, that I last to Sam's with the leather skirt, and headed to the nail salon. I parked and walked in and was greeted warmly. I signed in and took a seat. I had about a 30 minute wait and then they did a very nice job restoring my built in finger picks. For any fingerstyle guitar players, I really recommend getting a set of four nails.

My favorite thrift emporium is on the other end of the strip mall from the nail salon and rather than driving the length of the mall, I decided to walk. In the store I found a black suede ladies jacket for $3 that was too good to pass up. As I was trying it on a lady asked me if I knew where ladies dresses were. As soon as she asked she was embarrassed that she had ask a guy in a skirt where dresses were with the assumption that I would know. I laughed and told her they were three isles over then lead her to the section and got a nice thanks.

The last stop was a Walgreen's for a serious nail file. Acrylic nails are tough but they follow your natural nail as it grows out so you have to file the acrylic nail back. In the parking lot another car full of girls called out that they liked my boots and I told them where they could purchase them.

Before anyone gets the idea that wearing thigh boots is a good way to meet girls (if that’s your game, read Kneehigh's posts) let me mention that both cars full were more than a little rough around the edges and all had had way too many Double Cheese Whoppers. But they had good taste in footwear.

I had a grand afternoon out and about in a white skirt, fem tops and thigh boots. If anyone else wants to try skirt wearing, be warned that wearing a skirt is addictive. I think JeffB will back me up on this. I'm still wrapping my head around the way I look and trying to understand why I like it so much… but I do. I think the look I saw on many guys faces today was the inability to understand how a guy could dress he way I did and not look embarrassed (which I didn't). I really did have a great time.

:irked:

Shafted – I sensed more than a little humor in the comments I got from the two guys. No bad vibes at all.

Very nice outing. And it seemed you covered a lot of ground and responses were anything but negative. And don't you just love it whenwomen ask you where you got your high heeled footwear? Thanks for sharing your day with us.

I had a grand afternoon out and about in a white skirt, fem tops and thigh boots. If anyone else wants to try skirt wearing, be warned that wearing a skirt is addictive. I think JeffB will back me up on this.

And I will. Skirts are indeed very addictive, and, most importantly, great fun to wear, with or without heels. And, yeah, and the shorter the better as I've become comfortable wearing a miniskirt. Of course, it helps a lot to have a great pair of legs like mine to show off a mini! :irked:

I think the look I saw on many guys faces today was the inability to understand how a guy could dress he way I did and not look embarrassed (which I didn't).

Mainly because their minds are still stuck fast in the mental cement that says men shouldn't wear women's clothing because they'd look silly, or that we're freaks for doing what we do in public. Small minds like those either can't or won't understand our unique passion. Well, that's they're problem, not ours.

TBG: Having enjoyed an outing in a miniskirt and thigh boots just two days ago, I can fully understand how that particular ensemble can indeed become addictive. From the time I got back home Monday afternoon, almost all I thought about was when I could go out in that outfit again because I had so much fun! And it was incredibly exciting to boot (pardon the pun)! I looked good, and it felt good, making for a thrilling experience, one I'm most eager to repeat, and repeat soon!

I stopped in Sam's on Sunday wearing a form fitting black/purple knit top with ¾ slit sleeves, a denim mini skirt with a gold clamshell belt, and black leather thigh boots with 4" stilettos. I didn't need much but I wandered around for a while, all without incident or comment until I was walking out of the door. I noticed all the folks at the front desk (three young ladies I did not recognize) were looking at me and when I had gone past the exit checker (middle aged lady) I overheard her say, "I'd like to have his nerve." I think she was talking to the folks at the front desk about 20 feet away so she was loud enough that I heard her outside. I took it as a complement.

Yesterday I stopped in PetsMart for some cat food and then on the Sam's for some litter. I was wearing a blue/white striped dress shirt, the denim micro skirt with the belt and my boots. Both stops were uneventful, but fun.

JNR – Thanks for the feedback! I think it looked a little better in person than in the picture but… . I've added a belt to the mix which (I think) really helps the look. The belt is a 1" elastic band with gold clamshells that overlap and keep continuity as the elastic stretches. It really adds a nice touch to any outfit.

JeffB – Looks like you're hooked on the look and I absolutely agree the combination is both fun and exciting to wear.

JeffB – Looks like you're hooked on the look and I absolutely agree the combination is both fun and exciting to wear.

Yeah, I guess I am! I wore the combination again today, third time this week, and it was just as much fun, just as thrilling as the previous two outings! At first, I thought I'd be way too nervous to wear that combo, but it's proving to be easier than I thought. And I'd say that's definitely a good thing.