Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Yesterday I needed to make a quick stop after work at Sam's so I changed into the outfit with the black T-shirt, denim sleeveless jacket, denim micro skirt and black leather thigh boots with 4" stilettos.

Since I only needed one item I did not get a shopping cart. Normally I pick up one in the parking lot so most folks don’t even notice what I'm wearing behind the cart but this time it was just me. I did not notice that I was getting a lot more attention though. The shopping was quick in, quick out but the lady at the exit (white, late 50s) commented, "You're starting to look sexy." I was a little taken aback but I thanked her.

Upon looking back at the comment, I think I will blame my lack of cultural linguistic diversification on not realizing that when several black ladies have said, "Those are nice boots, your sure working them" that they were saying the same thing. Someone please correct me if I have this wrong.

A digression:

I'm starting to think that the reason I like to present the image of a thigh boot wearer is because I like the look and I have only seen one or two in person wearers. Maybe if there were more wearers (competition for the look) in my area I wouldn't find it to be so much fun.

One of my favorite, long since deleted, internet images was on an attractive young lady sitting on a concrete crowd control barrier, out in the sun, wearing short shorts, a black halter top and black thigh boots with heels. There was a crowd of folks streaming by her all in summertime party attire. The thing that made her stand out (other than being cute as a button) was her boots. This was long enough ago that no one wore thigh boots in public and anyone wearing them got a lot of attention.

I have posted several other images of my favorite thigh boot looks that mostly were of jeans and boots with a leather jacket. I have publically presented that look very often but I keep coming back to this early image of the gal in shorts and thigh boots and want to give it a real try. Imagine Kris, in the following image, in the pose I described.

shorts and thigh boots

In my last post I mention that I'm starting to understand what gals feel like when wearing a micro skirt with or without thigh boots. It is an exhilarating feeling (as well as super comfortable). Wearing one, you do have to be aware of how short it is and how much that restricts your movement, but that is part of the fun.

:)

Sleekheels – Ankle boots are only for under trousers. I do wear knee high boots occasionally with shorts, or a skirt, or just leggings, or under trousers. Thigh boots are always worn fully exposed. I think denim and boots always works.

JeffB – The humidity in your area can't always be the same as the temperature (though it often is in Cincinnati), so don't pack your boots away. On the days when you can wear them, you know there is nothing more fun and besides, most places you go heeling are air conditioned.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

TBG: Needless to say, women who know style and appreciate style like what they see when you're out and about, and, more often than not, they're all too eager to tell you that they like your style. Nothing wrong with that at all. I've gotten my own share of compliments while in thigh boots, and I like the feeling because I know I'm doing it right and exhibiting my own unique style. So, all I can say to enjoy the compliments when they come your way. Meanwhile, I'll follow your advice and keep my boots handy for days when the temperature and humidity is more cooperative. Heh!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I went to an in house concert on Oxford Ohio last night. Neil Jacobs , 12 string guitarist extraordinaire, was performing and if you ever get a chance to hear him I strongly recommend it. I went wearing a long sleeved blue/white striped dress shirt, tight jeans, and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos. I’ve posted about the great place this concert series is to wear boots because of the great people that attend. However, there were a couple of new folks last night. Two ladies asked me about my boots, as in “I really like your boots”, and later “Where did you get your boots?” and “I really like you boots, I’ve been eyeing them all night.” A night with good people, great music, and a couple boot complements… it doesn’t get any better than that. :)

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

If there was ever any doubt thighbootguy, it's clear from your post that people have become transfixed by your boots. What power!

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I needed to go to Krogers' superstore to pick up a prescription. I went out wearing a sleeveless denim top over a black camisole, a denim micro skirt, and black leather thighboots with 4" stilettos. Normally I wind up changing into my boots in the car, but tonight I dressed at home and walked to and from the car. In Krogers' parking lot I thought a guy was going to wreck his car because he was craning his neck so much as he drive past me. He was the only person that seemed to notice or at least bother to have a reaction. I had to stand in line at the pharmacy so I make sure I used good posture and pulled my stomach in. When I got to the counter and had paid for my perscripyion the clerk (young white gal) said, "I like your boots by the way." I thanked her and we exchanged smiles then bid each other a very good evening. I walked back out to the car without arousing any more notice. When I got home, since I was already dressed, I thought I'd get a couple of pictures since it has been a while since I've posted any. post-928-133522944679_thumb.jpg post-928-133522944683_thumb.jpg post-928-133522944685_thumb.jpg :)

Bravo, TBG! Bravo! That outfit looked sensational! I applaud your cool sense of style!

I stopped in a different Sam’s tonight after work wearing just about the same outfit as in the pictures in the last post. Tonight’s skirt was a little shorter and didn’t have the buckle.

In the store one of the clerks giving out free food samples did her best to look right through me like I wasn’t there. I gave her a smile and she returned it with a look that would cool soup. I ignored the snub and 30 seconds later one of the other clerks greeted me loudly like a long lost friend.

In the checkout line, a guy (50s white) came up to me and told me his wife couldn’t wear heels even though he had tried to get her to wear them. He asked me if I was a waiter and I said I wasn’t. He continued that he thought I might be because he saw a news item where a guy had to wear a mini skirt to get a job at Hooters. I said it sounded like an interesting retirement career, but that I was wearing one just because I liked it. He left saying it wasn’t for him but more power to me. I have never had a conversation like that before. Other than that the shopping was a non event.

Thanks all for the kind words, and it sounds like luvtoskirt is soon to be another thigh boot wearer.

Don't you just love it when a person or persons come up to you and engage conversation about your attire and especially your high heels that you are wearing? That man probably secretly envied the fact that you were wearing something you thoroughly enjoyed wearing and probably wished he could trade places with you. Whenever anyone comments to me in public concerning the high heels I am wearing at the time, I try to answer their questions as you did and keep the conversation going. Congrats on another positive outing.

Oh, by the way, I too, have gotten that "sour puss" look from some in the past. I just smile and say, "have a good day" and move on.

Oh, by the way, I too, have gotten that "sour puss" look from some in the past. I just smile and say, "have a good day" and move on.

Thinking back on my little adventures, I'd say I've seen more expressions of puzzlement and confusion (a.k.a. the "WTF" look) than anything else. Heh!

hell jeffB, I got that just wearing my FLAT knee boots (black) the other day in WALMART by I think a asian lady who just said somthing to effect "OMG!!":shocked: (I was trying to get around her to go to the mens room on the other side of the store) I mean I just IGNORED her:roll: this proves the average person (most people I think) get all bent out of shape when ANYTHING out of the "ordinary" comes near them in some cases, I mean like- GET OVER IT LADY!!:)

hell jeffB, I got that just wearing my FLAT knee boots (black) the other day in WALMART by I think a asian lady who just said somthing to effect "OMG!!":shocked: (I was trying to get around her to go to the mens room on the other side of the store) I mean I just IGNORED her:roll: this proves the average person (most people I think) get all bent out of shape when ANYTHING out of the "ordinary" comes near them in some cases, I mean like- GET OVER IT LADY!!:)

I find it almost hilarious how people get occasionally bent out of shape when it comes to shoes and which gender wears them. I mean, do people get flustered when women are seen wearing wingtips? No! They say she's looking stylish. But when a man wears heels, they say he looks odd or freakish. But hey, we've all heard THAT sad refrain before. I agree, people just need to get over that nonsensical thinking.

I find it almost hilarious how people get occasionally bent out of shape when it comes to shoes and which gender wears them. I mean, do people get flustered when women are seen wearing wingtips? No! They say she's looking stylish. But when a man wears heels, they say he looks odd or freakish. But hey, we've all heard THAT sad refrain before. I agree, people just need to get over that nonsensical thinking.

Jeff,

I remember, not that long ago, when women started wearing combat boots with all of their different outfits, including dresses. I remember some of the women in our office who wore them got a few comments, but then it was business as usual.

I took today off from work because I had some business to conduct this morning but that left me the afternoon to go out. I went to a local park with my sketch book wearing short denim shorts (2” inseam), a black camisole under the sleeveless denim top and black leather thigh boots with 4” stilettos. I walked around a bit then settled in at a picnic table overlooking the golf course and sketched for a few minutes. The weather was comfortable but it was windy and trying to rain. I headed back home and decided to go to the movies. I pulled on a long sleeved thin knit top, a bright red suede skirt and my black boots and headed to the theater to see Thor. The outfit is basically black and red but I think it works. post-928-133522945472_thumb.jpg The theater was a non event, at least as far a reactions went. I walked in and got my ticket and headed to the auditorium where I took my seat in the middle. There were a few other folks there but I didn’t hear anything like gasps or laughs. The movie was decent. Good special effects, cute story, I enjoyed it. I left the theater without incident or comment. I just walked through the lobby and out to my car like I wear a skirt and thigh boots all the time. :)

TBG: Red suede? DANG! That's bold to the nines! You looked great! Two thumbs WAY up! I darn well know I wouldn't have the courage to wear something like that in public! Bravo to you, my friend!

I pulled on a long sleeved thin knit top, a bright red suede skirt and my black boots and headed to the theater to see Thor. The outfit is basically black and red but I think it works.

I imagine very few women could pull off that look. JeffB does a pretty decent job pushing the edge with his outfits, but all I see here is an SNL skit begging to happen.

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

In retrospect, the bright red suede skirt without a jacket or anything else to mute it was a “Hey, look at me” statement. I’m not really sure what pushed me to do that, but I now have that out of my system (at least for a while). On the way home Thursday, I wore a long sleeved dress shirt, a knee length black suede skirt and my thigh boots into Sam’s and it was a non-event. This was a much more conservative look and I was very happy with it.

I darn well know I wouldn't have the courage to wear something like that in public!

JeffB you could replace “courage” with “good taste”, and still had an accurate statement… but thanks for the thumbs anyway.

JeffB does a pretty decent job pushing the edge with his outfits, but all I see here is an SNL skit begging to happen.

I’m not sure I understand Sandlefoot’s reference to a SNL (Saturday Nite Live?) skit but maybe the TLA (Three Letter Acronym) was misinterpreted. :)

I’m not sure I understand Sandlefoot’s reference to a SNL (Saturday Nite Live?)...

It was a reference to Saturday Night Live. I had an image of you doing a skit about a guy trying to get into a dance school dressed as a Ballerina with a bright red suede skirt in place of a tootoo and thigh-high boots in place of the dance flats.

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

JeffB you could replace “courage” with “good taste”, and still had an accurate statement… but thanks for the thumbs anyway.

Seeing that I've only worn skirts in navy, denim, black and, on the very rare occasion, tan, red suede like what you wore was exceedingly bold. You did a tremendous job in presenting such a tasteful image.

It was a reference to Saturday Night Live. I had an image of you doing a skit about a guy trying to get into a dance school dressed as a Ballerina with a bright red suede skirt in place of a tootoo and thigh-high boots in place of the dance flats.

My inabilities at dance not withstanding, the image boggles the mind.

JeffB Roniheels - As always, thanks for the kind words.

TBG: Hey, I simply tell it as it is! I for one am amazed you're still wearing boots well into June.

In retrospect, the bright red suede skirt without a jacket or anything else to mute it was a “Hey, look at me” statement.

Excuse me, but I find it ironic you think that. To me, the thighboots, never mind the skirt, are much MORE of a "Hey, look at me" statement!

This isn't a judgment or critique at all. The look was fine. I just chuckled when I read that. You're so used to wearing thighboots that maybe you don't think that wearing them is such an attention getter, but it is to me. More than the skirt, I think!

Regards,

Steve

Sunday I went to a local nail salon to have my four guitar finger picking nails redone. I was wearing a long sleeved black thin knit top with a V neckline over a black camisole (same as in the red skirt image a few posts back), jeans, and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos.

Other than the guy that did my nails trying to pick me up, it was a non event.

I walked down the length of the strip mall to my favorite thrift emporium and wandered through the store. I found a couple of CDs that were worth listening to and headed for the checkout line. There was a little old grandmother (white) in front of me and she turned around and in a hushed voice said, “I like your boots.” I don’t surprise easily but that did it. I thanked her and she went on about not being able to wear them (the heels) and how I would look good in an English riding hat. I think she was describing an equestrian riding outfit so I said, “but not with these heels” and rolled my foot over to show the heel. She repeated that she couldn’t walk in them and about that time the line moved so she was at the register. When she was done we bid each other a good day with the additional task to enjoy it.

Tonight I stopped at PetsMart wearing a blue long sleeved dress shirt, a knee length black suede skirt, and my boots. When I walked in the normal staff was in the back of the store and a new manager was taking an inventory in the front of the store. She turned around and saw me and didn’t miss a beat is asking if she could help me. Bu that time the regular staff walked to the front and then went to get my stuff. My outfit was very conservative and I think that went a long way to muting the new manager’s reaction.

Excuse me, but I find it ironic you think that. To me, the thighboots, never mind the skirt, are much MORE of a "Hey, look at me" statement!

This isn't a judgment or critique at all. The look was fine. I just chuckled when I read that. You're so used to wearing thighboots that maybe you don't think that wearing them is such an attention getter, but it is to me. More than the skirt, I think!

That is a most interesting (and appreciated) comment. I really do consider my thigh boots as just another pair of shoes and more of a defining statement than an attention getting statement. Yeah, I know they are out of the ordinary but in my mind, wearing a skirt is much more of an attention getter or oddity than my boots. On the other hand, I use my boots as a foundation from which to wear anything else. The boots make such a strong statement that anything else I wear with them is almost ignored (so I see your point).

The red skirt was worn with a different mind set than the black one was tonight. Tonight, I was trying to present a more conservative (business) look where the short bright red one was a just the opposite.

I loved the response from the grandmother type. It made me wonder what was going on with her.

My outfit was very conservative and I think that went a long way to muting the new manager’s reaction.

Conservative? Probably not by the definition of post people. Just being a realist here.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this pic was covered already, but I suspect one of us was spotted.

Posted Image

Well, damn! That's ME! Holy Cow! Looks like the downtown Philly Apple Store which I occasionally frequent, though not always in thigh boots! Guess I had been captured on someone's cellphone camera, and I didn't even know it! Whoa!

P.S.

Swung by the website and found the page featuring yours truly:

http://www.eatliver.com/i.php?n=7493

Gee! It's nice to be famous! :irked: