Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

I went biking this morning wearing a bong sleeved black top, demin Capri pants, and black leather knee high boots with a 3” block heel worn under the pants. I really like the look of this outfit and it was comfortable for riding. The boots don’t have the high arch my 5” boots do so it was comfortable to peddle in them. This is an old pair of boots I haven’t worn for years. A while back the one of the shanks (metal bar forming the arch) broke and I had to rebuild the boot with a new one. This was the first time I had them out since the rebuild and they felt great. The parking lot at the bike trail was completely full so I wound up parking about a half mile away in the town of Milford Ohio. Riding to the trail and on the trail no one seemed to notice or care what I was wearing. After I had ridden about 10 miles I discovered I had left my water bottle back in the car so I cut the ride short and headed back to the car. When I got there, I changed my knee high boots for my thigh high ones with 5” stilettos and road through downtown Milford just to see what would happen… nothing. After about a mile I headed back to the car and started home. On the way I stopped at a Sam’s and picked up a few things, filled the gas tank and headed home. Still on the way, I stopped in my favorite thrift emporium where I got a, “I like your boots” complement. There always nice to get. Nice boot morning! :)

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Tommy Emmanuel weekend

For anyone who is not familiar with Tommy Emmanuel I have included a couple of links to his performances and there are a ton more on YouTube.

Tommy gave two concerts in Cincinnati and I attended both. He does not have a fixed show list and both nights were completely different shows. He also gave a 3 hour workshop and I attended that also. You get the idea that I’m a fan. All in all, for me, it has been one of the best weekends ever.

Ok, so why am I posting it here… I wore a dress shirt, jeans, and thigh boots to all three events. Friday night I wore my black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. I parked on the street about two blocks from the venue so I had a nice public walk before and after the show. All the tickets are “will call” so there was a line in the lobby to pick up the ticket so I got to stand around for a while. A couple of heads turned but that is to be expected. I was really feeling quite natural wearing my boots and I think it showed.

In the auditorium, which seats about 1000 and was full for the concert, I found a seat in the middle so folks had to let me in. I sat next to folks who had never heard Tommy play so we chatted about what they were in for.

The concert was GREAT.

After the show, I was exhausted but I had a nice walk back to my car.

The next morning was the workshop and since I was going to be on my feet a lot more I wore a pair of black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” heels that a re a little thicket than the 5” ones. There were 70 people at the workshop and no one batted an eye at my boots. The only comment was a t lunch when Tommy walked by, shook my hand and said, “Welcome to planet Earth.” That was meant in the best of good spirits. After the workshop, which was given at a music store, I wandered through the store, bought some strings, and headed out all without comment. In the parking lot one guy did comment, “That’s a great looking pair of boots.” I thanked him and headed home.

I wore the same 4” heeled boots to the second concert because I knew parking was going to be bad and I would have to walk a lot farther to the venue. I had another nice 4 block public walk to and from the concert. Again the tickets were “will call” and there was a line but this time the gal recognized me and handed me my ticket. I guess a guy in thigh boots is memorable.

Again I sat in the middle of the row and again I sat next to folks that had never heard Tommy so we chatted for quite a while. Tommy put on a completely different show than last night’s and it was also GREAT.

I hung around for a while to thank the promoters for putting on the concerts. Then I had a nice 4 block walk back to my car.

My boots with the 4” heels with jeans is one of the most comfortable (mentally and physically) things I wear.

I had a great time.

:)

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Great outings. I enjoyed reading your accounts. Didn't you do something similar last year or the year before? I seem to remember you attending a similar concert and workshop and telling us about it, before.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

bike trail. I started at Milford and road to Loveland and back, about 23 miles. I wore black long sleeved V-neck top, tight demin Capri pants and black knee high boots with a 2” block heel worn under the pants but only the top 2” were under the pants.

The ride was fun and no one seemed concerned about my boots. I did get a couple of friendly smiles form both guys and gals.

As I was riding, a lady in front of me took a picture of the guy she was riding with while she was riding. I commented that I would never have thought to do that. The guy she was riding with peddled off and she road with me for a while. She asked if she could take my picture as she was putting together an article to support building a bike trail in Berea Ky. She said there was local opposition because it would bring in undesirable types. I said that I was probably one of the undesirables they were worried about and she replied, “No, you look like the artsy type, you would fit right in.” (Berea is an arts and crafts community) I let her take my picture and I’ll let you know if I ever see it on line.

Johnieheel –

Thanks for the kind words. Tommy Emmanuel is even more amazing live than on YouTube.

Bubba136 –

Actually I have been to the Tommy Concerts for the last three years. I wore knee high boots to the first one and thigh boots to the rest. The workshop last year was with Muriel Anderson, who is also amazing, and I wore thigh boots to that also.

TBG: My, my! You've certainly been busy! I really enjoyed your latest outing as you just go anywhere and do pretty much anything. Color me suitably impressed!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Monday I went back to Loveland and road another 20 miles wearing black stretch pants, V-neck top and black leather knee high boots with 2” block heels over the pants. After the ride I changed into my black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos, and stopped at a United Dairy Farmer for a large chocolate shake. On the way home, I stopped at my favorite thrift emporium just to look at what was available. I found a pair of very light tan suede leather slacks for $4 that were too nice to pass up. I did notice a bunch of young boys paying attention to me and when I left I saw them piling into the cap and back of a pickup truck and overheard their dad loudly, and with as much disgust as he could muster, complaining about a guy in a skirt. I’m wondering how I could have missed that before it dawned on me he was trying to discourage his brood from aspiring to the likes of me.

After the Labor day Holiday (Monday) I took Tuesday and Wednesday off from work and did some serious road riding.

I went riding both days wearing black stretch pants, black long sleeved top under a red T-shirt, and black knee high boots with 2” block heels worn over the pants.

Monday I went down to Andersons Ferry and back on the Ohio side. I was having trouble walking when I got back so I crashed for a while then pulled on a pair of thigh boots with 4” stilettos and headed over to the Museum for a couple of hours.

Tuesday I headed towards Anderson Ferry but stayed on the Kentucky side and up a very serious hill to the Greater Cincinnati Airport (which is in Ky.) then wound my way back home. This was about a 3.5 hour road trip and I was tired when I got home but not as bad as the day before. I pulled on my thigh boots with 5” stilettos and headed to Sam’s for a few items then headed down town to get my new drivers license.

I had to park about 4 blocks away from the license bureau which is in a very busy part of town. As I walked to the bureau, I did get one comment from a big black guy, “Hey, I really like those boots!” and gave me a thumbs up which I returned with thanks. When I got to the county court building, I had to go through a metal detector with security guards all over the place. The guy (middle aged, over weight, white) running the X-ray machine couldn’t take his eye off my boots and finally commented, “those are nice boots, you been biking?”

Since I had just gotten of my bicycle an hour ago I said, “Yeah” but I think he meant had I ridden to the courthouse on a motorcycle.

I went on up to the second floor and got my license the walked the four blocks back to the car. I had the whole gambit of observers, police, construction workers, and passers by. No one said a thing.

After getting my license I headed to a Kroger’s I had never been to before for a few items Sam’s did not carry. No one even batted an eye.

It has been a fun three days.

JeffB –

You commented, “as you just go anywhere and do pretty much anything”. It may sound that way but I have not become complacent about wearing boots with 5” stilettos in public. I do still pick my spots. Where I went to get my license is in the heart of the legal district and there are always lots of people and police around so it is really a safe place.

post-928-133522892069_thumb.jpg

post-928-133522892072_thumb.jpg

JeffB –

You commented, “as you just go anywhere and do pretty much anything”. It may sound that way but I have not become complacent about wearing boots with 5” stilettos in public. I do still pick my spots. Where I went to get my license is in the heart of the legal district and there are always lots of people and police around so it is really a safe place.

Well, that's certainly good to know. Anyway, you certainly get around a lot more than I do, and that's what makes your exploits such a delight to read.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Saturday I went shopping at Findlay Market in Cincinnati which is a large indoor/outdoor. I wore a red T-shirt, jeans and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos.

I managed to park near the market area so I only had a short walk, which is a good thing in that part of town. I would not be comfortable walking too far from the market but in the crowd at the market is a different matter. I had time on my hands so I walked all around and through the market (twice). I bought stuff from my favorite butcher where I had to stand in line for a while. As I was leaving, a little girl and her mom were in front of me and her mom was pushing her along when she stopped, turned around, and looked up at me and said, “I like your shoes.”

I replied with a very polite, “Why, thank you very much.” I thought her Mom was going to swallow her teeth.

A block later a lady walking with her husband commented, “I like your boots.”

“Thanks, there fun.”

After shopping at Findlay, and feeling good after the complements, I headed to downtown Cincinnati, parked on the street and walked about a block to a shop I wanted to visit. I did overhear an older black guy talking to his buddy, “Man, look at that”, and I assumed he meant me. The shop has a good price on tall-gal hose and I thought I’d give their brand a try. No one in the shop (customers or owner) seemed to be concerned that a guy in thigh boots with 5” heels was buying tall-gal hose.

I had a fun morning.

Thighbootguy I really enjoy reading the stories of your excursions out. My tales of trips out certainly pale in comparison. However, I've recently been out and about in the evenings wearing my black matt thigh boots either with my leather skirt, or over the top of jeans. Here's a few pics of recent excursions. Note it is dark, there were a few people out and about but not many. It's been a while since I last went out and about so these recent outings were kind of confidence-rebuilders. Cast a look all, let me know your thoughts... -bootedup

post-16324-133522892926_thumb.jpg

post-16324-133522892931_thumb.jpg

post-16324-133522892937_thumb.jpg

post-16324-13352289294_thumb.jpg

post-16324-133522892942_thumb.jpg

Bootedup –

Bootking’s usual economy of words says it all, “Looks good.”

I’m not a big messy hair fan but if you like the look, go for it. Did you notice that when you are posing for a picture, you always have one heel raised? Is that on purpose?

I actually feel safer going out where there are more people than an almost deserted street. I think I feel like too easy a target on a deserted street.

Enjoy your boots and be safe.

Thighbootguy and Bootedup... Congratulations to both of you on your recent outings. I am still building the nerve to spend a day out-and-about wearing my thighboots with 5" stiletto high heels on the outside of my slacks or jeans. I love wearing my thigh boots, even in public, but I've always worn them on the inside of my trousers. I'll get there one day.

Thankyou all for your kind comments. Roniheels, I've got to be honest it does take me a little while to build up the courage to get out of the car. As soon as I'm out of the car though, my nervous side is completely eradicated. It's a difficult experience to explain, it's almost akin to getting on a rollercoaster and waiting for it to set off on its windy way. You get all nervous for a start but its pretty cool once you're rolling :-)

I was out driving yesterday, running an errand where wearing thigh boots would not have been appropriate, but when I was finished I was in a part of town I had never shopped in before and since there was an item I needed and I was going by a WallMart I thought why not. I was wearing a gray T-shirt and low-riding tight denim shorts that are biker shorts length (12” inseam). I pulled on my black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos and they covered the cuff of the shorts so it looked like low-rider tight jeans and thigh boots. I got out of the car and started walking across the parking lot to the store. Most folks really didn’t notice but a group of three guys that were walking towards me did and their conversation stopped. I was a little concerned about this group but I ignored them and kept going with all the confidence in the world. I acted like I do this all the time (guess I wasn’t acting though) and these guys didn’t say a thing. In the store I found my stuff and checked out. The store greeter did make an effort to bid me a good day but other than that it was a non event. I walked back to the car. I had done a JeffB thing of parking a good distance from the store just for the walk. A nearby strip mall had a PayLess so I drove over and walked in. The manager (middle aged white male) didn’t miss a beat. He told me what was on sale and offered to look up anything I was interested in if they didn’t have my size in stock. I looked for a few minutes but didn’t see anything I wanted to try on. As I left the manager repeated his offer to find any size I wanted and bid me a good day. I was a fun impromptu outing. :chuckle:

Sunday was a day I really felt like going out. I pulled on a red T-Shirt, tight denim hip-hugger knee length shorts, black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos, a black leather jacket and carried a black leather bag in a long strap. The boots are up past the cuff of the shorts so it looks like boots over jeans but the boots on bare legs really feels great. I went to Sam’s in Florence Ky. to get a few things and parked so that I would have a nice walk to and from the store. The staff at this store does not know me as well as the store I normally frequent so there were a couple of extra looks. The guys in the parking log gathering carts looked me up and down then gave an nod and we exchanged greetings. In the checkout line I was behind a lady who was wearing a denim skirt that was folded up with a 4” cuff that looked like it was ironed into place. This made the skirt that was knee length 4” shorter. I commented to her that that was the first time I had seen that done. She gave me a nice smile and then it was her time at the register so the conversation ended. I took my time walking back to the car. Today was about being out rather than shopping. I exchanged the denim shorts for a 17” black leather skirt and headed for WallMart. Again, I parked so I would have a nice walk. I really do think some folks are so wound up in their own doings that they really didn’t notice me. In the store, one pair of women did notice and as soon as I rounded a corner, they broke out laughing. My assumption is that it was at my expense. They came around the same corner as I was heading back and they had just recovered their composure. There were few other reactions and I had a nice walk back to the car. My last stop was a big Goodwill store in Florence. The parking lot was filled so I had to park in a lot next door and had another long walk. The store was full of folks that had never seen a guy in a skirt and boots before and took the opportunity to practice looking down their noses. One older guy in front of me said to his wife, “Martha, there’s something you don’t see every day” and pointed to me. She turned and looked then gave me a big friendly smile, which I returned. I did overhear, “I don’t know how he walks in them things.” I found a pair of white linen slacks with a full lining, which will look great with black boots. I took my time wandering around the store. After I checked out, I had a nice walk back to my car. A little later in the afternoon I went out to the park wearing the denim shorts and shot some stuff for a TBG video which I’ll put together a little later. All in all a fun outing. :chuckle:

I finished the TBG video where I’m wearing the tight knee length shorts and a black leather jacket:

Thighbootguy takes a walk in the park

I also attached two images that make great Windows desktop backgrounds. I display them centered rather than stretched or tiled. I generated them at a higher quality than I normally upload so they are a little bigger than normal.

:chuckle:

post-928-133522893173_thumb.gif

post-928-133522893178_thumb.gif

I had an extra hour this afternoon so wearing dark blue jeans, a long sleeved gray knit shirt and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos I went out on a short shopping trip.

First stop was my favorite thrift emporium. I wandered around a bit and tried on a couple of leather coats but left empty handed. On the way out an older black gentleman commented, “I like your boots.” I thanked him and headed to my car.

Second was a stop at Favorite Footware to see if they had anything at all above an 11. They didn’t and they had a very scant boot collection, but maybe it’s too early yet. The staff didn’t seem bothered at all that I was looking over boots and heels but they were caught up in a conversation about lead poisoning to bother with me. Maybe if I had tried something on…

Third was a stop at the cobbler that did the heel tips for me. I bought a jar of black shoe cream (polish) and thank him for the nice job he did on the heel tips. He seemed to appreciate the comment.

Fourth was a stop in Payless where I tried on a pair of fabric boots in a 13 but the ankle was cut just a little too tight for me to get them on without hurting the boot.

Last was the http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&source=hp&ie=UTF-8&q=C%26D+Record+Bar+newport+ky&fb=1&gl=us&hq=C%26D+Record+Bar&hnear=newport+ky&cid=2538374083824647272&li=lmd'> C&D Record Bar in Newport (click on street view) which is a hole in wall store that still has racks of 45s as theri primary stock. The place has been there for at least 40 years that I remember. The owner was behind the counter when I walked in and said, “Hi” as I was looking around. I found some CDs and took them up to the counter and he said, “I saw you come in and thought for a minute you were Van Halen, and that would be too good to be true.” We both laughed and I headed back to my car and home.

When I got home I applied some of the shoe polish to my boots and only then realized what deplorable condition they had gotten into. (I should be booted out of the boot wearing community.) Anyway, a liberal application of the polish and several brisk strokes of the shoe brush and WOW. I’ll try not to let that happen again.

Fun afternoon!

:chuckle:

I just had a great afternoon! I left work a couple of hours early for a Doctors appointment. Nothing serious, just a sore nerve in my hand. I was wearing jeans and a long sleeved blue dress shirt and I pulled on my black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos and walked into the waiting room and checked in. I had to wait about 15 minutes to see the doctor. When the nurse called my name, I walked in, got weighed and shown into the exam room. The nurse took my blood pressure and asked what was wrong. She made some notes for the doctor and left. A few minutes later the doctor came in, checked out my hand, wrote a prescription, chatted for a minute, then left. I walked out through the waiting room to my car and left. No one said a word about my boots. I know medical folks have seen it all but this is a family practice and I’ll bet I’m the first person to show up in thigh boots with 5” heels. After the doctor’s visit I went shopping at Sam’s and parked a good way back in the parking lot just for the opportunity to walk in. Sam’s was a non event. To get my prescription filled I stopped in Kroger’s and the pharmacy said it would be 30 minutes before the prescription was ready so I wandered around the store. Other than one elderly lady glancing down at my boots, there was no reaction at all. I had a great time just wearing what I like and not having anyone being bothered at all. :chuckle:

well thighbootguy, it does sound as if you had a great day, way to go man!!:chuckle: I've had people glance down @ my platform demonia boots before & all other "womens" footwear as well,(flat or otherwise) never a big deal for me!

I had a post written about a Saturday outing and it looks like I neglected to hit submit (IT professionals refer to that as operator error.) Let me see if I can reconstruct it. I had an errand to run this morning that was in appropriate to be in thigh boots but it took me near the WallMart I had visited last week so I took some stuff with me and after I completed my errand I changed into black leggings, a black leather jacket, black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos, and a black stretchy short sleeved knee length dress. At WallMart I parked so I would have a nice walk to the store. The greeter gave me a quick look from by feet up and that was the extent of the notice I generated. I had to walk all through the store (and this is a huge store) to find the item I wanted, which it turned they didn’t have. When I left the greeter bid me a good day and I walked back to my car. The next stop was a PetsMart I had never been to before and neither of the staff batted an eye as they filled my order. In neither store did anyone seem to bother to notice what I was wearing. Next I headed for my favorite thrift emporium but I swapped the black dress for a long red T-shirt which is just a bit shorter then the dress and not as tight. As I walked toward the store a car with four young black ladies pulled in front of me and enthusiastically (almost gushingly) asked me "Where did you get those gerat boots?" I told them about a couple of on-line sites and they drove off offering me thanks. In the store I found a blue leather skirt that looked like it would go very well with both my blue thigh boots and blue knee highs. (As it turned out it is at least a size too small so I either loose some weight of alter the skirt). As I left the store a couple of guys hit me up for a contribution to a church, which I declined. As I was walking back to the car I figured I had lived up to their stereotyped image of guys that wear heels or I drove back and gave them a contribution and got a “God bless you” in return, which I figured they thought I really needed. I stopped in the Newport St.Vincent DePaul and bought a couple of beer glasses and chatted with the lady running the store (she knows me well). Lastly I stopped in the C&D record bar and the owner welcomed me back. Both of these stores required parking on the street and walking about a block too and from my car. To my surprise, no one seemed to notice my boots. All in all it was a fine outing. :chuckle:

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been out shopping a couple of times in the past week stopping at my usual haunts, Sam’s, Wallmart, and PetsMart , and a few walks around the neighborhood. Most of the time wearing thigh boots with 5” stilettos over slacks, but a couple of times wearing black knee high boots with a 2” block heels over slacks, one time I even went shopping wearing guy shoes (that hasn’t happened in quite a while). Sometimes there are new clerks at the stores that have never seen me before but most of the time the folks working in the stores know me very well and greet me like a long lost customer they are glad to see returning. The outings have really been non events, neither positive nor negative. I have written a couple of times that my boots are just another pair of shoes and I try to present them with that attitude but, especially for thigh boots with 5” stilettos, that just isn’t so, if it were so, we wouldn’t need hhplace. After all these years of wearing them, I still enjoy pulling on a pair of boots and I still enjoy presenting them to the public, but I still haven’t become complacent about where I go while wearing them. This has turned into a bit of a ramble… sorry about that.

• 2 weeks later...

This afternoon I went to the museum. I was wearing a long sleeved black top with fluted sleeves, black suede short with about a 10” inseam, a black leather jacket, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. I parked about two blocks from the museum so I had a nice walk. In the museum I left my jacket in the coat room, grabbed a stool and headed for the galleries. The guards all greeted me and said it had been a while since they had seen me. One lady even checked out my sketches and complemented the work. I spent almost two hours in the museum just having a great time. When I was done, I walked back to the car but didn’t feel like going home yet. I headed over to my favorite thrift emporium more to just be out rather than to buy something. I was looking around when a nice looking girl walked by wearing 5” heels and I complemented her with a “Nice heels”. She blossom with a “Thank you… I really like your boots… where did you get them?” I told her about a couple of web sites. Then she asked me, “Can I take your picture?” I told her, ”Sure go ahead.” She said she especially liked the lacing on the back of the boots, so we chatted a bit more and bid each other a good day. A few minutes later a cute blond walked by wearing a really nice pair of boots that were a riding style. I complemented her on the great looking boots and got a nice thank you in return. On the way home I stopped in the C&D Record bar and found a classical CD for $2 that is a real gem. As I was walking back to my car a guy on the street (who’s elevator didn’t make it all the way to the top) said he liked my outfit and asked if I was going to a Halloween party. I said I wasn’t which seemed to confuse him. I think from now to Halloween I’m going to have to restrict my outfits to just boots and jeans so as not to be mistaken for early Halloween dress. :chuckle:

I think from now to Halloween I’m going to have to restrict my outfits to just boots and jeans so as not to be mistaken for early Halloween dress.

Nah, don't restrict yourself. Enjoy it. Everyday counts. Why limit what you like to do just because of an impending "holiday?" Besides, after Halloween, people are just going to jump to the wrong conclusion that you're still wearing your Halloween costume anyway. You can't win on that score, so continue wearing what you like whenever you like it. You're an inspiration to us all!

Trick or treat!

Steve