Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

I must have been really tired when got back to the hotel because I did write up a post about my outing but it looks like I failed to send it. After dinner on my last night I decided to push things as far as I wanted to so I pulled on a short denim skirt, a black stretchy blouse, blue thigh boots with 5” stilettos, and a black jacket and headed for a large mall that was in the area. When I walked in the mall, a couple of forks did notice and I thought twice about doing this but I kept on going and really relaxed. That made all the difference because I was now out in public and just enjoying being there. I walked around both levels of the mall which took about an hour. I stopped in each shoe store that had boots on display including Bakers and Payless. Bakers was busy but I did ask one of the clerks how large they carried an over the knee boot. Unfortunately she said they only had them up to a 10 but she offered that they had larger sizes available on the web. I went into Macys and looked around the shoe department for a while which was a lot of fun. All this time no one had said anything or even paid much attention but as I walked into Macys, a lady stopped and turned around and looked a second time and said, “Those are really cool boots”. I thanked her and said they were a lot of fun, we exchanged smiles. In the mall there were vendors in small booths selling all sorts of stuff. One guy asked me if I used makeup (that’s what he was selling). I told him I didn’t because I didn’t do it well enough. I don’t think he ask too many other guys that question. Another gal was selling Dead Sea salt as a cleansing agent and had me try it by washing my hands with the stuff. The sales pitch was about how soft it left the skin. There were two other gals working at the same booth and I got the impression they didn’t normally sell to guys either. After about an hour, I had gotten a few double takes, one gal ran out of a store where she was working to be sure of what she was seeing, there were a couple of whistles, but there were also a lot of friendly smiles. Most folks were willing to give me my space if I didn’t intrude into theirs. I really had a great time. I headed back out to the car and decided to do something I have always wanted to do. I wanted a beer. I do still pay attention to where I’m going and I had two choices, both were restaurant bars. One played country/western music and the other played Italian opera. I went with the opera. I headed back to Marconi’s Grill and walked into the bar wearing a skirt and thigh boots and sat down at the bar and ordered a beer. None of the other patrons paid any attention. I was there for about 20 minutes then paid my tab and headed back to the hotel to hit the books. © 2007 Tighbootguy. The following photograph appearing on this site is the property of Thighbootguy. It is protected by U.S. Copyright Laws, and is not to be downloaded or reproduced in any way without the written permission of Thighbootguy. Copyright 2007 Thighbootguy. All Rights Reserved.

post-928-133522847006_thumb.jpg

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

same for me too BobHH, you have to figure that they are stuck all day long in those kiosks (I hope I spelled that right)-its like the ones who try to sell you all the latest cell phone plans they are are in all malls, for sure!

TBG: You're certainly a braver man than I, my friend. I don't know if I would've had the nerve to wear a short skirt and your beloved thigh high boots in a mall. If I ever get the courage to try that, I'll certainly do my best to follow your example. More power to you. As for the people in the kiosks, yeah, they'll try to sell you just about anything: wireless phone plans, Dead Sea salt, you name it. But hey, it's all about capitalism. Heh!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Folks – Thanks for the comments.

I don’t go to any mall that often but when I have, I have never been approached by the mall sellers. I thought it was significant that three made the effort to talk to a guy wearing a skirt and boots (the third wanted to sell me another cell phone). After all, there were lots of more affluent looking folks they could have snagged.

It just occurred to me that those folks working the mall booths were trolling the stream of passersby. I think that would make their place of work a “troll booth”. (sorry)

The part that was more significant to me than the mall was going to a bar at the end of the outing. There are a couple of reasons for that; 1) I rarely if ever go to a bar, 2) I was wearing a skirt and boots. I don’t know exactly why but going to a bar in boots has been something I have wanted to try for a long time. It may have come from reading others adventures on this board.

Like I said, there I try to choose where I go with an eye to safety. There was always the problem of going to a bar but avoiding drunks. The restaurant bar I chose seemed like a safe bet but I was ready turn around and leave at a moment’s notice. However, after I was there for a few minutes, and no one paid any attention, I relaxed and enjoyed my beer. Unfortunately, if I am driving, one is my limit (heels or not). I think I would have enjoyed a second.

I am just starting to realize what I did last week. Aside from having a great time, I pushed my own envelope quite a bit. I think it’s time to slow up a bit and reflect on where I am to be sure I really want to be here.

Any conversation is welcome.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

One last breakfast in boots.

© 2007 Tighbootguy. The following photographs appearing on this site is the property of Thighbootguy. It is protected by U.S. Copyright Laws, and is not to be downloaded or reproduced in any way without the written permission of Thighbootguy. Copyright 2007 Thighbootguy. All Rights Reserved.

After re-reading your comments and looking at your picture again, I believe that your attitude and the image you project - that of a not shy, early middle aged, slightly balding, slightly gray haired male - might be intrepreted by some as your being somewhat "eccentric." That, being the case, and the way you dress shows that you are already interested in things "outside standard patterns typically adhered to by the majority of the general public," could give agressive vendors the idea that you might be interested in products that are slightly off-beat. Therefore, what better person to give their most ernest performances?

(Or, perhaps, they can't believe what they are seeing and just want to get a better look 8) )

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 1 month later...

I haven’t had the opportunity to go out too much lately but I made up for it yesterday. I went out wearing a pair of gray exercise pants (loose fitting but lots of stretch) a gray T-shirt, tan suede leather jacket and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels. I went to Lowe’s hardware and Bigg’s grocery.

At Lowe’s I was looking for an electrical switch that, it turned out, they didn’t have in stock. That meant I was in the electrical department for a while and getting help from several clerks. I got a couple of looks at my boots from the other customers but other than that, the clerks treated me as a customer (not to be harassed). I did notice that a couple of heads turned as I walked across the parking lot going into and coming out of the store. Most of the attention was from young kids with their parents. However, one look from a lady, was, of what I thought to be, despair (as in what is the world coming to if he can dress like that). But no one said a word.

At Bigg’s I was wandering around looking for my stuff and I did overhear a few OMGs from several matriarchs of the family groups I passed. For the most part everyone paid little or no attention. There was one exception, however, A very attractive lady, who was with her husband, saw me out of the corner of her eye and turned to look (three times). She was wearing a sweater, tight jeans and brown leather knee high boots with 2-3” stiletto heels and really looked sharp. I think she was surprised to see someone else wearing boots with stiletto heels at the grocery, and more surprised that it was a guy. It was that or the fact that my boots were higher than hers and, if her husband hadn’t been there, she would have asked me where I had gotten them.

Both were fun shopping trips.

Last night I went to another concert. This is two concerts in two months which is significant because I haven't been able to go to concerts for several years. This one was at a neighborhood arts center in Fairfield Ohio. They had a guitarist, Keith Knight performing in a 250 seat (small) theater. I got a ticket in the fourth row that was 25 feet away from the performer! I hadn’t been to this theater before and wasn’t too sure how far I could go so I took two pair of boots with me. I was wearing a black turtleneck, a tan sleeveless jacket, and blue jeans. After looking things over, I judged the neighborhood to be progressive enough to be tolerant, I decided to wear my blue leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. :smile:

I started with my boots cuffed to knee high just in case I had read things wrong. It was night time and I had never been to the theater before so after parking I managed to walk to the wrong building and had to walk back about two blocks to the theater. I walked in and got in line for my ticket. Several folks noticed (6’5” in heels) my boots but didn’t seem to care so before I entered the theater, I pulled my boots up to full height. A couple of heads turned when I walked in and was seated down front but no one seemed to care. I chatted with the folks in the adjacent seats about the theater and guitar playing and then enjoyed the concert.

After the show I walked back out into the lobby with the rest of the crowd and headed back to my car. I did catch my reflection in the glass doors as I was leaving (looked good) and also saw that no one in the crowd seemed to be paying any attention to the guy in thigh boots.

I’ll add this place to my “places to go” list. :silly:

Bubba136 -

Describing me as “your attitude and the image you project - a not shy, early middle aged, slightly balding, slightly gray haired male - might be interpreted by some as your being somewhat "eccentric.", is one of the most accurate things anyone has said about me in a long time. Thanks. :wave:

sounds like you had a great outing in your boots, thighbootguy-yes I know that type of person who thinks "what in the hell is the world coming to, am I SEEING things!?" you can ALWAYS tell by the look on their face, PRICELESS I say!!!!!!!!! I see 'em ALL the time too.

say jimc, it would be nice if you could take more pics of you in your fab thighboots again! you really do look good in them (that is next to thighboot guy that is who also looks good in his as well.)

Gotta say I didnt expect to wake up and find a pic request this morning, but I might be able to do that. It was finally cold out around her (48 in the morning) so I should be able to wear my boots without cooking as I have in the past few months. Will let ya know what I was up to today.

(formerly known as "JimC")

thanks jimc, I always look forward to you wearing your thighboots, always keep up your high fashion standards-love those youtube videos you have as well!

I spent another afternoon working at a friend of mines house in Portsmouth Ohio. When I was working I wore a black turtleneck, gray exercise pants and black leather thigh boots with flat heels. When I was traveling to and from Portsmouth (about a 2 hour trip) I wore changed to a denim skirt and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels.

On the way down I stopped in a big Goodwill (thrift) store and wandered around for a while. The place was packed with shoppers and I did turn a few heads but no one seemed to care that I was wearing boots and a skirt. I tries on a couple of coats but didn’t see anything I really wanted.

On the way home, I stopped at the Goodwill in Portsmouth (while I was still wearing the flat heeled boots and pants) but after wandering around for a few minutes I headed back home.

When I got to the East side of Cincinnati, I stopped at a Sam’s I had never been to before. I was wearing the denim skirt, black hose and heeled boots and I put on a high wasted denim jacket. I thought the outfit looked rather nice. Most of the shoppers didn’t seem too care (or notice). A few heads turned and one guy turned and stared as I walked by. :smile: Since this was a new store I had to ask a clerk where some stuff was. He didn’t seem to be bothered by talking to a guy in a skirt and boots.

At the checkout, the register clerk was a really cute young lady who didn’t want to be deal with a guy dressed as I was. I saw her notice the skirt and boots and register a bit of disapproval but she didn’t say a thing. She just concluded our transaction as quickly as possible. I didn’t bother to try to talk to her.

A few days ago I stopped at the Sam’s where I normally shop, also wearing a similar skirt and the same boots. Other than a few customer’s glances, it was just another shopping trip.

Dressing the way you want is something that, done with care, you can do. I really love wearing thigh boots and I’m starting to enjoy a skirt more and more. I do keep fighting becoming complacent about where I go but,with that caution, I’m having a great time.

demoniaplatforms - Thanks for the kind words. :wave:

jimc - I’ll put in a second for the picture request.

Wish I could say I spent more time in my thigh boots then I did, but I'll be honest and say that I was able to wear them in the morning for the 2.5 hour drive to the jobsite, and then got too greasy to want to pull boots over my jeans for anything after the job. Oh well, forgot a change of pants. Oh well.

I did try to get some pics with the sunrise in the background, but stood too far from the camera for the flash to compensate well enough.

Posted Image

Since temps were in the mid-90's most of the summer I didnt get around to wearing my thighboots while out and about that much. I have been enjoying a pair of Domina boots with 5.5" heels, and am considering getting a thigh high pair, will post pics if I do get them :smile:

Otherwise check out the photo forum for pics of the ankle boots.

(formerly known as "JimC")

• 4 weeks later...

I went shopping at Sam’s yesterday wearing a black turtleneck, jeans, and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels. I had time so I wandered around a bit. As usual a few heads turned but that was it. I did notice another lady wearing a pair of brown leather over the knee boots with a lot of fur at the top and straps and buckles running around the shaft. They looked like 4 ½” arrow wedge heels. She needed some more practice in walking in them but they were striking. She was with her SO who looked like he might be a football line backer (for the non US football folks, that means he was big) so any comments had to be made judiciously. I said, “Excuse me, but those (indicating her boots) are neat.” She looked surprised but said, “Thanks.” I’m not sure if the surprise was because I said anything at all, or a guy wearing boots that were taller than hers said something, or that anyone said anything to her at all with her SO around. In the parking lot some other folks (father daughter) had bought a mattress and frame and were trying to load it into a pick up truck. I asked if they needed any help and they said they said they did. I’m sure they noticed my boots but I was willing to help. We loaded the truck and bid each other a good evening. Doing an unexpected kindness is part of the fun. Another fun outing.

• Like 1

In the parking lot some other folks (father daughter) had bought a mattress and frame and were trying to load it into a pick up truck. I asked if they needed any help and they said they said they did. I’m sure they noticed my boots but I was willing to help. We loaded the truck and bid each other a good evening. Doing an unexpected kindness is part of the fun.

Another fun outing....

SUPERB! An act of kindness while wearing heels is a brillliant way to form a lasting positive impression of men in heels. Kudos to you!

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

way to go thighbootguy!! it certaintly is a lasting image, to show that it should NOT matter what you wear on your feet, its the "little" things (in a BIG way) that matter most!

In the parking lot some other folks (father daughter) had bought a mattress and frame and were trying to load it into a pick up truck. I asked if they needed any help and they said they said they did. I’m sure they noticed my boots but I was willing to help. We loaded the truck and bid each other a good evening. Doing an unexpected kindness is part of the fun. Another fun outing.

real men wear heels

In the parking lot some other folks (father daughter) had bought a mattress and frame and were trying to load it into a pick up truck. I asked if they needed any help and they said they said they did. I’m sure they noticed my boots but I was willing to help. We loaded the truck and bid each other a good evening. Doing an unexpected kindness is part of the fun.

Another fun outing.

Hi Thighbootguy,

its always a good choice to show that we are not aliens but quite normal social minded guys. The people will remember: a guy wearing high heeled overknees - naturally completely gaga - but this guy was very nice and helpful! Even not gaga?!? :santa_hat:

I have the impression that the other people are still irritated because of my strange outfit and my two meters height. Some weeks ago an elder lady in my supermarket asked me to reach her down a glass with vegetables from the upper shelf. I'm not sure if she has seen my high heels but she has seen that I'm tall. Afterwards she begged me to screw up the glass a little bit because she hasn't anymore the power in her fingers. No problem for me. She was very greatful. May be another elder lady who is tolerating men on high heels ...

The best fashion is your own fashion!

I think it's a very good idea to be social when wearing heels, be nice, smile and bid people good day and help out when you can. This will go a long way to helping getting heels accepted.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Thanks for all the kind works.

I also get a “Thank You” and a surprised look from the Salvation Army folks (red kettle and bell) when I throw in a buck while wearing boot with heels.

I made a couple more Thighbootguy videos:

Thighbootguy Poaches and Egg

and

Thighbootguy makes Coffee

Yeah I know I’m really reaching for subject matter but there fun to make.

Yesterday was a Museum day. I finally found the time to go back over to the Art Museum. I went over wearing a dark blue turtleneck, jeans, and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels. The parking lot was almost full so I got to walk in from the back of the lot. I don’t thing there was s special event, just a lot of folks enjoying the Museum. I did get reactions that were different from what I normally get. Most of the time folks just give a quick glance and keep on going (or occasional smile) today I got the glances but they were then followed by disapproving looks. I don’t know if it was a different crowd or something I was doing but the reactions were different. As I mentioned, it had been a while since I had been to the museum. Two of the guards and one of the receptionists went out of their way to greet me and ask where I had been. They all noted it had been a long time since I had been to the Museum. I said I was embarrassed about that but had just run out of time. They really seemed genuinely glad to see me (boots and all). For the car buffs, the Museum had a 1964 Ferrari 421P on display. Bright yellow and still looking like ti was ready to take off.

One last museum trip for the year. I went over wearing a black turtleneck, tan suede jacket, jeans and blue thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. The parking lot was packed which means there is some hope for the art community in Cincinnati. I had to park in the back of the Museum and go in the back entrance. The guard had to show me the stairs to the main floor. I walked in to the main hall of the Museum from the stairway and, judging from the looks on their faces, caught several folks by surprise. I headed up to the second floor and picked up a stool and went to work sketching. A lot of folks walked by. Some bothered to notice some didn’t. I got a couple of smiles but for the moist part this was a more conservative crowd than is normally at the Museum and I think a guy in thigh boots with heels was something new to them. I moved to a different gallery and chatted with some folks about the paintings. I moved into another gallery and did the same thing. It is surprising how accepting folks are when you talk to them about something they are interested in, even when your wearing thigh boots. As I was leaving the Museum, I had to walk through the main hall which was being set up for a wedding. The male half of the wedding party was there in a group and I did notice that all conversation stopped when I walked past. It must have been the collars on their tuxes were a little too tight. :santa_hat: I vanished down the stairs only to run into the other half of the wedding party and got a similar reaction. Oh well, the guards bid me a pleasant afternoon and I walked out to my car. After the Museum I went to Sam’s for a little shopping. Other than a few glances there was little reaction. I’ve been wearing thigh boots with heels for a while now and I have started to notice that I really do consider them to be just another pair of shoes and wearing them isn’t that big of a deal. I still am not complacent about where I go so I still realize that everybody doesn’t see things as I do, but they really are becoming just another pair of shoes.

I was driving home from work Friday night (45 min. of expressway) when a truck passed me and I notices the rear wheels were making a lot of noise and had a minor wiggle. There was a phone number on the back of the truck so I called the truck line. The transferred me to the safety department and I told them about the truck and gave them its number. They said they would have the driver stop and check it. Three miles later the truck pulled off the road and I pulled off with him to tell him what I had seen and heard. The trucker had walked to the back of the truck as I was getting out of my car. Only then did I realize I was wearing black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos and that may catch the driver by surprise. I waved and introduced myself as the person who called and told him what I had seen. I took a minute for him to find a tire that was starting to come apart. He thanked me (shook my hand) and said he would immediately have it replaced and I headed back to my car. Not one mention of boots or any reaction at all. I think he was too worried about the tire.

• 2 weeks later...

love your video thighbootguy!! by the way, what is that song you played on your guitar? its really nice! (love sweet potatoes too!!)

Demoniaplatforms –

Thanks for the kind words.

I was running a little short of time when I made the video and didn’t have time to work anything up so I just noodled around with 3 chords in E. There was no particular tune.

The prior video Thighbootguy makes Coffee has a soundtrack that is an arrangement of the old PP&M tune Asolin. I do take music copyright stuff seriously. All the music I use is either copyright free or my own.

Thedesigner –

If you can do knee boots you can do thigh boots. I would suggest a conservative pair (black leather with a reasonable heel), avoiding the white shiny ones with dollar signs or red lips on the shaft. :santa_hat: No one cares and they really feel and look great.

I stopped at Walgreen’s (large drug store) on the way home tonight. I went in wearing slacks, a turtleneck, a suede coat and black leather thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels. I wandered around a bit and found the item I was looking for and headed for the checkout. I noticed that the girl at the cosmetics counter was processing checkouts for non cosmetic items and I thought, why not. She wasn’t too uncomfortable waiting on a guy in thigh boots but wasn’t enthusiastic either. After she rang up my sale (I was the last one in the line) I asker her if she had a minute and what would be a good foundati0on makeup for me to use. She was a little taken aback but asked, “Do you want power ort liquid?” I said,” I didn’t know, I’m just getting started.” She recommended a power and showed me a brand that she said she had not tried but was reputed to be very good. I asked her how to chose a color (colour). She took me over to the liquid makeup display and showed me the color matching guide they had. I held the guide next to my hand and asked her for a recommendation. She pointed out the color that was an exact match and suggested that the next darker would be appropriate. I thanked her for her help and bid her a good evening. At the end, I don’t think she was as uncomfortable as she was in the beginning of the conversation. I picked up a couple of helpful tips and will probably go back and make a purchase. Even if I don’t, it was a nice conversation.