Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

I suspect some have started to wonder “What’s happened to Thighbootguy”? Well so have I.

I was becoming concerned that Thighbootguy was taking on too much of a life of his own and he was controlling my life rather than the other way around so I put TBG away for a while. I stopped wearing thighboots and posting. Both were necessary to break out of the condition I was in and was not too happy about. Much of what TBG did was so he could post it on this forum. I have warned others about it being addictive but I didn’t take my own caution. I had to stop the whole TBG thing for a while. Yes, I still enjoy wearing thighboots (with stiletto heels) and going out in public wearing them. What I didn’t like is that it was becoming an obsession. Whenever I did anything, the first consideration was how can I do this while wearing my boots.

Doing the videos gave me a different perspective on TBG. When I went back and looked at them I saw some guy wearing thighboots and often a skirt. The only other videos I found like TBG’s were under the topic of crossdressing and that concerned because I hadn’t planned on going in that direction. It may sound funny but it was a revelation that the guy in the videos was me. I hadn’t realized how far I had pushed the envelope. I thought about removing the videos (and I still may do that) but for the time being there still Ok. I find that I enjoy the look of a skirt on me and I’m still really thinking about that one.

I have mentioned in earlier posts about going to several Shakespeare performances. I got to meet some of the cast and was reintroduced to what being an actor was all about. These folks can put on the persona of their character and become that character right in front of your eyes. They could then step out of their role and take on their own personality again. Seeing that happen is really amazing.

It finally dawned on me that this is what I needed to be able to do with Thighbootguy. I have come to realize that TBG can be a persona that I can put on when I want, and take off when I want. That may seem elementary but it was BIG news to me. I had started to believe that TBG and I were one of the same.

This has not been easy for several reasons:

1) I do enjoy the look

2) If you don’t wear 5” heels for a while your legs forget which muscles need to stay in shape.

3) Being TBG is fun.

4) I was close to being addicted.

I think I can now become TBG when I want to and come back to myself the rest of the time. For me at least, this is a BIG deal.

Since I realized all this, I have become TBG several times and gone shopping and had a blast. I have also been myself the rest of the time and enjoyed that too.

Shakespeare said it best:

All the world's a stage,

And all the men and women merely players:

They have their exits and their entrances;

And one man in his time plays many parts

William Shakespeare (from As You Like It )

No, no and no again! Don't begin pondering about male heels wearing. You are TBG and you have the damned duty to wear your overknees on the street. Do you really believe that all your engagement was wrong? Don't disappoint me!

micha (*the show must go on*)

The best fashion is your own fashion!

I do still enjoy the look of thigh boots and like going out wearing them and I still enjoy the look and feel of a leather skirt and occasionally wear one out and about but I do this because I enjoy doing it not because I need to. Several month ago I found myself needing to go out wearing a skirt and boots and needing to post about it. As you have discovered, it’s great to be back in control.

While I greatly admire and appreciate the courage of your convictions, my days of wearing skirts, even in private are over as it contributed to the turmoil I experienced, leading to my having dropped off and purging everything in order to get my head back on straight. In any event, I'm glad to have read that you have control again. Isn't that a great feeling after being lost in the wilderness for so long?

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I just bought a black leather skirt that would up being too small and I have a pair of flat heeled thigh boots that I always thought were too short so...

I cut the 12 inches of the skirt off and folded it over to make a 6” wide piece of leather that was long enough to go around my thigh twice. I cut this is half to get enough material to make an extension for my boots. Next I cut to top cuff off the boots and sewed the 6” extension in place then reattached the top cuff.

I wound up with a crotch length pair of flat heeled boots that are not the chunky style of crotch length engineering boots.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I stopped at Bigg’s this morning and at Sam’s tonight wearing a black turtleneck, jeans, black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels and a brown leather coat. It looks like the madness of wearing a leather skirt has passed and the fact that it is 11F (-11C) really wasn’t the deciding factor. Seems like my last outing satisfied whatever need there was for me to do that. Once I understand what that need is all about, I’ll be in a much better place to control it. Anyway, today wearing boots was just wearing a warm pair of shoes. Some of the folks at Sam’s went out of their way to greet me and I only got a few dour looks from a couple of ladys. I have often said that people really don’t care what you wear, and I still think that’s true but someone else has posted something I had not considered. Most folks are too polite to say disparaging things to a total stranger.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I stopped at Bigg’s this morning and at Sam’s tonight wearing a black turtleneck, jeans, black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels and a brown leather coat. It looks like the madness of wearing a leather skirt has passed and the fact that it is 11F (-11C) really wasn’t the deciding factor. Seems like my last outing satisfied whatever need there was for me to do that. Once I understand what that need is all about, I’ll be in a much better place to control it.

11 degrees? Are you sure that wasn't the deciding factor? When it's that cold, I don't even think about opening the front door, never mind going outside! But, seriously, it's good that you've recognized how to control what appears to be a serious(?) need to wear skirts.

I have often said that people really don’t care what you wear, and I still think that’s true but someone else has posted something I had not considered. Most folks are too polite to say disparaging things to a total stranger.

This is true. No one wants to waste the time and energy to engage in such confrontations, at least not to your face. Behind your back? That's another story. In my case, I'm practically six and half feet tall in four inch heels, so I cut an imposing figure, so people choose instead to ignore me. And I can live with that.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Sam’s yesterday to stock up the larder. I wore a white turtle neck, tan leather jacket, jeans and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels.

The parking lot was packed, as was the store. I got a cart and worked my way through the store. A couple of kids seemed to notice my boots but no one else paid any attention. I filled my cart and headed to the register. After I had checked out and was walking toward the exit, a young lady (20?) who was with her mother said, “Excuse me but you are really working those boots. Where did you get them?”

I told her about the web site and she thanked me and repeated, “Your really working those boots.”

I went on out to the car and was loading my stuff in when she and her mom went by and she repeated, “Your really working them, What was the web site again?”.

I told her and went on, “These are a pull on style with a 4” heel that really need to be worn over jeans because they tend to slide down your leg. I also have a pair with an ankle zipper and a 5” heel that are a little taller than these and they stay up better.”

“Taller than those!?”

“Yeah, a little” and I indicated how much taller on my leg.

“I don’t know if I could walk in those heels.”

“It just takes practice. There are a couple of brands to look for, Ellie and Pleaser. Their boots are almost the same.”

We bid each other a good day.

It’s nice when someone asks. :rocker:

Jeff -

I’m inclined to think people are polite but there are a lot that are just in their own little bubbles and really don’t notice the rest of the world.

11F really wasn’t the deciding factor on not wearing the skirt. I’m still struggling with the madness but recognizing it as such has been a help.

Jeff -

I’m inclined to think people are polite but there are a lot that are just in their own little bubbles and really don’t notice the rest of the world.

Quite true. One would have to look totally and completely outrageous as all hell before most people would take notice, and even then, the majority of people in this world have manners and probably won't bother with you. It's always the one-half of one percent of passersby who decide that they have to make some kind of foolish commentary, but those instances are exceedingly rare.

11F really wasn’t the deciding factor on not wearing the skirt. I’m still struggling with the madness but recognizing it as such has been a help.

Madness? That's a bit extreme, describes some sort of mental disorder, and you don't sound like you're that disturbed. Obsession sounds better since we all have obsessions of one sort or another. Semantics aside, the key is controlling your obsession instead of letting it control you, but I'm sure you're already aware of that. Also, as long as you've recognized your problem, that's one step closer to gaining that control I spoke of earlier.

P.S.: Not to sound flippant, but if you have your mind set on wearing skirts (a feeling I knew well), for God's sake, at least wear a long one so you don't freeze your cojones off in this weather!

I went to the art museum today. I really was feeling to tired to go over and draw but they had a show up that I hadn’t seen so I went through it. I was wearing a tan suede coat, jeans, short sleeved knit shirt (very casual) and black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels.

The show was well attended while I was there and everyone seemed much more interested in the paintings than a guy standing 6’5” in heeled thigh boots. No one said a word. The guards greeted me warmly and I had a great time wandering through the show and the rest of the museum. I’ve mentioned before, if your going to wear 5” stiletto heels, make sure they are comfortable (physically). I wound up walking for 2 hours and although nothing hurt, I was glad to sit down in a gallery for a few minutes. What surprised me was when I sat down my knees were more relieved than my feet.

BobHH - Most of the time I am walking around outside is from the car to the store. I don’t do too much wandering around outside. I have never had a problem with my feet getting cold but I have learned to avoid too much snow and ice while wearing 4”-5” stiletto heels (and that has nothing to do with getting cold). I do wear my flat keeled boots all the time in cold weather. They really aren’t made for heavy duty work outside but they do Ok for shoveling snow and getting about in snow. I just have to avoid getting them too wet.

Jeff - Thanks for the advice on cojones protection.:rocker:

To thighbootguy:

I couldn't help myself, I went and snatched up a new pair of thigh boots from an auction I just won:

Posted Image

I remember how good it felt to wear this particular style, makes me wish I hadn't dumped the original pair with the rest of the stuff during my purge, so I went ahead and got my hands on a new pair. I'll keep everyone appraised of what happens when I get them!

I spent the afternoon at the art museum this afternoon. I wore jeans, a black turtleneck and black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. The parking lot was full so I had to park at the far end which led to a nice walk. There was a nice crowd. Again the guards were very friendly and greeted me warmly. Several folks noticed and I got a couple of second glances but most folks just paid me no mind.

I sketched for an hour or so then walked around a bit. I haven’t been out too much lately and I needed to get a little more mileage on my boots. After I walked back to the car, I drove down to the reservoir and walked around it. There were a few other walkers and a small crowd but again no one seemed to notice. I then went up to the overlook in Eden park and walked around there a while. All in all I was walking on my heels for about 2 hours. The temperature was about 50F (10C) and I started walking wearing a leather jacket. I soon had to take it off because thigh boots do retain the heat your legs generate. Considering the major muscle groups in your legs, that can be a lot of heat.

Anyway, it was a very nice afternoon out.

Jeff -

Whee Hah.

Enjoy your new boots

I spent the afternoon at the art museum this afternoon. I wore jeans, a black turtleneck and black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. The parking lot was full so I had to park at the far end which led to a nice walk. There was a nice crowd. Again the guards were very friendly and greeted me warmly. Several folks noticed and I got a couple of second glances but most folks just paid me no mind.

I sketched for an hour or so then walked around a bit. I haven’t been out too much lately and I needed to get a little more mileage on my boots. After I walked back to the car, I drove down to the reservoir and walked around it. There were a few other walkers and a small crowd but again no one seemed to notice. I then went up to the overlook in Eden park and walked around there a while. All in all I was walking on my heels for about 2 hours. The temperature was about 50F (10C) and I started walking wearing a leather jacket. I soon had to take it off because thigh boots do retain the heat your legs generate. Considering the major muscle groups in your legs, that can be a lot of heat.

Anyway, it was a very nice afternoon out.

Once again, your exploits make for damn good reading. I so look forward to your adventures, your daring nature is an inspiration to all of us here on the board. Keep on keeping on, my friend!

Oh, I certainly intend to! Since winter's been fairly mild lately with no snow, I hope to be able to take the boots on a trip or two after they arrive! In the meantime, gotta find a good pair of tight jeans to go with them! My new boots deserve no less! Heh!

Jeff -

We do seem to appreciate the same look.

I ran a seam up the back of my pair to reduce the diameter of the shaft so they would stay up on my leg a little better. I turned the boot inside out as much as the heel would allow and added my own seam inside the one on the boot. I think by fitting a little tighter they look a little better. I have considered having a cobbler add a set of D-rings up the back of the boots to tighten then but that may be a little while in coming.

All -

A long time ago the tangs on the zippers on my black thigh boots failed. I took the advice of other members and repaired each of the tangs with a heavy duty paperclip. I used pliers to bend the paperclip into a narrow handle but it still looked like a paperclip on the side of my boots. Yesterday I finally got tired of seeing that and wrapped the paperclip handle with black electrical tape and the handle disappeared! You really have to look closely to notice the handle (and I keep insisting that no one pays that much attention). The soft handle is also a lot more comfortable to use. I’m just embarrassed that it took me this long to think of the solution.

Jeff -

We do seem to appreciate the same look.

That we do, my friend! I can still remember the incredible rush of excitement I felt the very first time I wore those thigh boots in public. Words fail me in describing how awesome it felt. Pretty soon, I'll get to reacquaint myself with that experience!

JeffB:-) I too remember the feel of pantyhose clad legs inside a good pair of thighhigh boots. Incredible feeling. Enjoy yours when they arrive. Don't forget the pics? TBG:-) I have used the paper clip method on zippers on boots and jackets for years, but I never used tape over them to hide them. I don't care what people think---so it's a paper clip and the clothing item is still usable because of it. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

JeffB:-)

I too remember the feel of pantyhose clad legs inside a good pair of thighhigh boots. Incredible feeling. Enjoy yours when they arrive. Don't forget the pics?

Well, I got a message from the seller saying the boots shipped a couple of days ago, so I should get them soon, say next week. And, yes, pictures will follow! I'd be derlict in my duty if I didn't take pics! Heh!

Excellent news Jeff...look forward to seeing them in London!

Cheers,

david

Well, I got a message from the seller saying the boots shipped a couple of days ago, so I should get them soon, say next week. And, yes, pictures will follow! I'd be derlict in my duty if I didn't take pics! Heh!

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

I have taken an opportunity to visit some relatives in Florida. I chose to drive from Northern Kentucky to St Augustine which is about a 13 hour drive if you don’t stop. I did make several stops so the trip wasn’t too bad. I started off wearing a white knit shirt, jeans, a tan suede jacket and a pair of dark blue knee length boots with a 2” block heel worn outside my jeans. I wasn’t too sure about where I would be stopping so I went the conservative route of knee length boots.

At my first gas stop I went in to use the rest room which was in a rather out of the way place and I had to ask where it was. The guy that gave me directions gave me a quick once over look then figured there wasn’t any harm in telling me where it was. When I got back to the car I thought about trying a skirt and put on a below the knee length black leather one but changed back into jeans and my black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels at the next rest stop.

At the next rest stop I wanted to stretch my legs a bit so I got out of the car and started to walk around when I noticed there was a group that was photographically documenting their trip. There was one guy running after people in their party with a camera and posing them in front of all the “Welcome to Tennessee” signs and another guy following them with a video camera taking videos of the guy taking pictures of the group in front of the “Welcome to Tennessee” sign. The noticed me standing across the parking lot and I decided I didn’t want to put up with that much nonsense so I got back in the car and headed on my way.

I stopped for gas without incident and drove on for a bit longer and stopped for lunch. I went into a Cracker Barrel (family style restaurant). When I walked in several folks noticed my boots including two big guys that were decked out like Nashville country stars wearing jeans, boots, big hats, manicured beards … . They looked me over and their buoyancy seemed to drain a little. I think a guy in thigh bots was getting a little more attention than they were. I was seated across the dining room next to the front windows. I had a nice lunch and had to walk across the dining room twice because I forgot to pick up my check. I paid at the register and left all without a comment from anyone.

At the next rest stop I had to use the rest room (I’m still wearing thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels). I walked by some folks outside and a few heads turned. I walked in and headed for a stall (I needed to use the sit down facility). I was out of sight and I don’t think others that came in noticed my heels. When I was done I went back outside and there was a bigger crowd that was expecting me. There were more looks and after I passed then I heard some laughter but no one said a thing and I’m sure I gave them some additional conversation topics.

I stopped at another Cracker Barrel for supper. Again, a few heads turned when I walked in and I noticed the hostess did seem to notice. I had another nice meal without any comments. When I went back out to the register, I asked the hostess, “Well, what do you think of them?”

“Your shoes, I really like them. Where did you get them?”

“In my size I had to get them on the web.”

“Really? You can’t get them around here?”

“Not in a 14”.

“How high are those heels?”

“There 5.”

“Can you wear a 7?” I’m starting to guess she knew something about heels. Another waitress walked up and joined the conversation.

“No, 6” is as far as my ankle will bend but there in no platform on these.”

“Yeah I noticed.”

The waitress asked with a look of disbelief, “Are those comfortable?”

“Very comfortable, I wouldn’t wear them if they weren’t”

“Well, I think they look great and you walk in them like a pro.”

I thanked them and bid them a good day.

Since I’ve been staying with my relatives I have been wearing a pair of flat heeled mid calf length boots outside my jeans and having a great time.

I’ll post more as the trip progresses.

DawnHH -

The tape was a much for comfort as looks. After I ran the point of the paperclip in my finger and figured there had to be a better way.

TBG:-) Using the tape to save your fingers makes all the sense in the world. Excellent tip, though. I haven't gotten jabbed yet with a sharp paper clip. Guess that I have just been very lucky. I think that I will take your advise just for safety's sake. It sounds like you had a very successful and enjoyable trip to Florida. At least you gave the locals something to think about along your route. Another feather in your cap for you. Congrats! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I had a really fun boot day today. I drove up to Jacksonville Fl. and spent a delightful afternoon at the Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens. I wore a blue short sleeved dress shirt, jeans and black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. The temperature was unseasonably warm (82F) but most of the time I was inside in the air conditioning. I’m reasonable sure no one there had ever seen a pair of thigh boots worn in the museum and especially not on a guy. The entire staff (after the first shock) was very courteous and seemed to go out of their way to take care of me. I also don’t think they get too many folks that want to sketch (the guard had to ask if it was Ok). I spent several hours wandering through the galleries and sitting on the benches sketching. Since the Museum isn’t too big and I don’t think I will get to go back soon, I went thorough the galleries three times. Several folks noticed my boots but only one guy ask me where I got them and another guy said “nice shoes” as I walked by. Most people seemed as surprised to see me as the staff was and then just took it in stride. I walked through the gardens and spoke to several folks there and they were very willing to return the courtesy and talk to a guy in thigh boots. Being on 5” heels that long was easier because the Museum was carpeted. After the Art Museum I drove over to the Museum of Science and Technology and walked through the exhibits. (This museum isn’t that great.) Again no one said a thing and really didn’t pay much attention. I had a delightful afternoon out and about in thigh boots.

Thighbootguy -- I've driven from Northern Michigan to Tampa in heels a number of times -- 1400 miles one way. Mostly stayed on I-75 all the way. I did not make a lot of stops, just gas and pit stops (food stops were at fast-food drive-through windows "road food in my lexicon", most of the gas stops used pay-at-the-pump stations and pit stops at the Department of Transportation rest areas) so there was not a lot of chance to be seen in public. The heels were at least 4 inches high, block style but they were completely visible to anybody who cared to look. Next time I do it I've got some wedges that are definitely going to make the trip. Of course I had to stop at outlet malls along the way to see what they had in the line of interesting heels -- I find that Rack Room Shoes often has nice heels but the sizes seem to end at 11. Sometimes I can use an 11 if the sizing is generous. I would change my shoes before going shopping because I do not yet have the guts to go shopping for heels in heels. Except for one incident in which an older female cashier gave me an unapproving "evil eye", nobody batted an eyelash.

Have a happy time!

TBG: That was quite an interesting trip you had taken. You certainly do know how to travel well, and look good in the process. I'm sure you probably turned more than a few heads during the course of your journey!

All -

A long time ago the tangs on the zippers on my black thigh boots failed. I took the advice of other members and repaired each of the tangs with a heavy duty paperclip. I used pliers to bend the paperclip into a narrow handle but it still looked like a paperclip on the side of my boots. Yesterday I finally got tired of seeing that and wrapped the paperclip handle with black electrical tape and the handle disappeared! You really have to look closely to notice the handle (and I keep insisting that no one pays that much attention). The soft handle is also a lot more comfortable to use. I’m just embarrassed that it took me this long to think of the solution.

TBG -

Check out craft stores, like Michaels. They stock lots of zipper tabs in a variety of looks and styles.

My new thigh boots arrived yesterday and, as promised, here's a couple of pics of me in them. Feel free to drool:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Don't I look GOOD!!! Especially in the jeans I'm sporting which are a size 36 (I normally wear a size 38 ), and they feel deliciously tight on me! And now for a little background info: The new boots are size 15 instead of my normal 14. Why a size larger? Well, I remember how the old boots I owned pinched a bit after extended wearing, even with cushioned insoles in them, so, just for fun, I decided to experiment with a pair of 15's, and I found that the fit was surprisingly comfortable, even roomy. Of course, the surpreme test will come on an outing. However, that figures to be a few weeks down the road as my outings are limited to weekends, and it's playoff football season, and NOTHING tears me away from my glorious Hi-Def TV during the NFL postseason. Once I go out in the new boots (whenever that'll be), I'll file a report.

JeffB –

The boots look great (as we knew they would). That outfit with a black leather jacket would be fantastic, and wearable almost anywhere.

All –

I posted my adventures returning from St.Augustine on the CD forum because I wore a skirt most of the day.

Don't I look GOOD!!!

You sure do - where'd you get the size 15 boots, JeffB?

Also, have you tried the low rise jeans from the ladies side of store...

Try www.buckle.com - I love the stores b/c whenever I go there and shop for jeans I seek out a young female sales clerk and say "i'm shopping for some low rise jeans - and I like the way the ladies styles fit." The sales girl will say, "no problem, we havelots of guys buying women's cut jeans", and take it from there. I'd start with a BKE "Star" or Lucky Brand. Note the waist will be 33 or 34 for you, Jeff (Same as me). Don't worry about that - with Womens low rise its the hip measurement that counts - these jeans ride 4 to six inches lower than your waist. I'm about a 41 inch hip.

- I was so impressed with their customer service I bought some stock in the company.

BTW: if it of any encouragement to this group - now many guys jeans lines are offering a lower rise and tighter cut.

You sure do - where'd you get the size 15 boots, JeffB?

Via eBay! I think they can be found at Amazon.com as well.

Also, have you tried the low rise jeans from the ladies side of store...

Try www.buckle.com - I love the stores b/c whenever I go there and shop for jeans I seek out a young female sales clerk and say "i'm shopping for some low rise jeans - and I like the way the ladies styles fit." The sales girl will say, "no problem, we havelots of guys buying women's cut jeans", and take it from there. I'd start with a BKE "Star" or Lucky Brand. Note the waist will be 33 or 34 for you, Jeff (Same as me). Don't worry about that - with Womens low rise its the hip measurement that counts - these jeans ride 4 to six inches lower than your waist. I'm about a 41 inch hip.

- I was so impressed with their customer service I bought some stock in the company.

BTW: if it of any encouragement to this group - now many guys jeans lines are offering a lower rise and tighter cut.

Can't say I've ever shopped for jeans from the Ladies' section, but it does sound intriguing, if I can find 'em in my size. Admittedly, I prefer the standard high rise, but I'll try almost anything once! Heh!