Baby doll toes

Pete

Isn't anyone interested in baby doll toes any more? I'm a 50's nostalgia nut. Bettie Page type shoes. Slightly chunky heel and 1/4 in. platform. VERY comfortable. I see a few pics on the net but very scarce.

Although most court shoes are manufactured with pointed toes, I also prefer a rounded toe since I find them more comfortable to wear for longer periods of time. I own a pair of 6" stiletto heel court shoes that have a semi-rounded toe box. But that's because I had them custom made. They are similar in shape to the toe styles you find on open-toe sandals and mules. I would love to purchase a pair of 5" or 6" stiletto heels with a baby doll toe box but I have never seen that style for sale. And my custom shoemaker is no longer in business.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a pair of 4" black-patent baby-doll pumps that I just adore, made by "The Highest Heel" - VERY comfy to wear and they look absolutely stunning!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

All the shoes illustrated on this thread so far fall in the "ROUND toe" category as defined from the "olden dayz". The true baby doll toe is illustrated in Ionic's icon. A true classic baby doll mary jane. While round toes are a good compromise from pointy's, they definetly fall short in the comfort zone compared to true bd's. Be sure to check my ad in the "for sale" thread.

I have a pair of Barratts court shoes with the Baby Doll style toe box. These are from last year. They have a 4 inch heel. There is no strap though. I wore them at the London meet last week.

They also did them with the strap over the foot too as a true Baby Doll style.

Those shoes of yours are very nice Jo! Once in London, in the 1980s stiletto boom when the fashion was for all toes to be very pointed, I was amazed to see a Chinese-looking girl in Soho, London with the complete opposite! The heel was a stiletto, about 4". But the toe was so rounded that it formed a complete semicircle to the full width of the toe-box. I.e. not an 'almond toe' but a very short blunt-looking complete semicircle. Very comfortable I would imagine, and I wish I could find shoes and boots for my streetheeling that are as broad and accommodating to the toes as that. Mind you, things have certainly improved immeasurably for us guys in that respect. In the UK, firms like Brantano, Barratts, Evans and Faith have been doing high-heeled boots that are larger and broader (usually square-toed though, but this is fine) than we coulkd find ten or twenty years ago. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

• 4 weeks later...

I love babydolls almost as much as I love stilettos. Not to many women wear them though, which is a shame. The style shown in the photos only go up to 14 women's, so I can't even order a pair for me to wear :(

I wish I was a size 10

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't anyone interested in baby doll toes any more? I'm a 50's nostalgia nut. Bettie Page type shoes. Slightly chunky heel and 1/4 in. platform. VERY comfortable.

I see a few pics on the net but very scarce.

Yes! Definately very comfortable!

I'm having three pairs of heels custom-made right now, and all three include just enough toe space to breath, resulting in a "baby-doll" toe.

• 3 weeks later...

I have two pairs of the Barratts courts in a size 8, one is the plain court, and the other with the cross-over bar, both in black. They have been worn once outdoors for a brief period of time, but the soles are hardly scuffed. Is it worth me getting a couple of batteries for my camera and putting them in the for sale section because they are just a little too small for me for comfort.

I have found another source for rounded toe stiletto heels. It's Northbound Leather in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Check out their web site at http://www.northbound.com/Rev_B/Default.asp?CURR=U&LANG=E.

I own a pair of their SP4400 pumps. They were made in Canada. Below is what the style looks like. My toe box seems rounder than what the picture represents. My stiletto heel is a full 6" when measured along the back of the heel. And the platform is 1" high. What amazes me is that if my feet are a little swollen, I have no problem slipping on these pumps. And they are so soft inside I experience no discomfort wearing them.

Posted Image

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

In the UK, Evans Ltd. are currently selling a round-toed stiletto-heeled shoe very similar to PJs picture above with a 3" heel and an even rounder toe. I am wearing my pair as I type! They have real leather uppers, composition soles and cost only £40.

The model number is 4753 and they go up to about size 10UK.

Evans Ltd. don't list/illustrate shoes on their website but they do have a section giving the addresses and maps of all of their UK branches:

http://www.evans.ltd.uk

Hurry though, because every time I go back to Evans for a second pair of anything, they've always sold out. Their policy seems to be to order small manufacturing runs and change the styles often!

Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Richy - you don't mention the heel-height - maybe 4" or a little more? Not that I could buy them - I'm 9 to 9 1/2UK. Also, someone was asking somewhere on these Megaforums in the last day or two what was happening to your 'Heels-4-Men' site. Will it ever get going again, or have you/it run out of steam? Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Sorry Richy - Ionic's right of course to point out that there are two of you spelled differently from each other! Richie runs the "Heels4Men" Website for street-heeling guys, but for some reason it has fizzled down to one holding page for the last few months. Ionic, weren't you looking for exactly Richy's sort of round-toed high heels of that type and height and size? Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Got'em :D, and also the ones Jo was talking about too. See the For Sale forum where I discussed them with HHDS when he bought, filmed and sold a pair of 7s. Mine will need a bit of stretching but it will be tricky and they will lose their finish if stretched. The Saxone ones really are 4.5" even if they don't look it. /I

/I

Pete is having the plain courts, but I still have the courts with the cross abr. They are a size 8 and have a 4.5" heel. I've said to Pete he can have them for $40 (including the postage) so the same goes if you want them.