Walking outside in heels.

fatfuzz

This week I have started to venture outside in women shoes. Firstly, in a pair of flat ballerinas - just out to the van and putting rubbish out etc.. Today I went to the park with a pair of my favourite heels and put them on in a far quiet corner but only for a few minutes and avoiding people like the plague. It was so nice to do it and not be totally wasted! Anyway, I intend to do it some more and if it's ok, I'd like to document it here in this thread because I'd be interested to hear if anyone has had any similar experiences. I am also going to get an album together of photos of my shoes.

Last fall I was preparing to participate in the Walk A Mile In Her Shoes event. I decided to practice by walking thru my neighborhood, circling a few blocks a night for 2 weeks wearing jeans and a pair of 4 inch gold pumps. I had the perfect excuse if anyone were to ask me what I was doing. But it was such a thrill to be outside, clicking along in those heels! By the way, I made the mile long walk with no problem wearing the same heels wearing panthose and a man's kilt.

This week I have started to venture outside in women shoes. Firstly, in a pair of flat ballerinas - just out to the van and putting rubbish out etc.. Today I went to the park with a pair of my favourite heels and put them on in a far quiet corner but only for a few minutes and avoiding people like the plague. It was so nice to do it and not be totally wasted!

Anyway, I intend to do it some more and if it's ok, I'd like to document it here in this thread because I'd be interested to hear if anyone has had any similar experiences.

I am also going to get an album together of photos of my shoes.

I have been wearing up to 4" heels under my jeans now for quite a while and that is with my beautifull lady. She even encourage me to wear them. Trying to get enough courage to wear my 5 1/2 " pleasers out as well, but that will have to wqit a while.

""""By the way, I made the mile long walk with no problem wearing the same heels wearing panthose and a man's kilt. """"

And not exactly the best of terrain either - - I can vouch for that..

As some of you can remember I did walk the Sisters With Blisters for the abuse against women and children here in RSA. Did a 4km walk in high stillettos, had some blisters and blood but is was worth it, it takes place every year in Nov and I am going to do it again. Where is all the SA Heelers shame on you!!

Actually, you know what? It seems the best place for this type of stuff would be in a blog. I've never blogged before but now seems like a good time to start! So if you want to read more on the subject of me venturing out into the big wide world in heels, then have a look there and feel free to leave comments. All encouragement would be gratefully received and I'm still interested to hear of any similar experiences. Oh, and I've uploaded my first album with some shots of my current collection of heels..

For you chaps across the pond, do they have the "Walk a Mile in Her Shoes" events over there? It is a charity event in the US promoting anti-violence against women (and men too I would imagine). During the event, men wear high heels and walk for some distance. I have participated in two of these events, it is a good way to get out in heels comfortably (especially good for newbies), and at the same time promote a good cause and have some fun!!! sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

For you chaps across the pond, do they have the "Walk a Mile in Her Shoes" events over there? It is a charity event in the US promoting anti-violence against women (and men too I would imagine). During the event, men wear high heels and walk for some distance. I have participated in two of these events, it is a good way to get out in heels comfortably (especially good for newbies), and at the same time promote a good cause and have some fun!!! sf

Yes they do. There have been quite a few events over here in the UK in recent months - my local newspaper carried a report about a chap who had participated in one of them.

I am all so across the pond. Yes we do have the same thing here. I also did it twice and it as said a good way to get out in heels and get good remarks of how do you manage, you walk better that most of the girls in HHS stillettos. We walked about 4kms. The charity got something like R300.00,00 (7) to the dollar in Novembe 2010. I am going to walk again. Just wish I can get the SA Heelrs to walk with me.

I haven't heard of them but I'm gonna do a search online RIGHT NOW!!

Heeled, do you have any more info on said event??