More attractive to women ?

Walkonit

Recently I've been heeling in public in my black 5" boots and while out and about shopping and walking around town it seems women are more interested in me than when wearing normal mens shoes. I really enjoying heeling in public but do so because of the buzz it gives me. The increased attention has been a total (and welcome) surprise to me. Its great ! I'm not talking anything major here, just more flirty comments and longer more interested looks. All the while nobody seems to notice my boots. So my question is why. Is it because I'm taller (these boots raise me from 5'10" ish to 6'3" ish) ? Or is it more likely I act differently in heels ? Or are they more attracted because I'm wearing heels ? Is this a benefit that others have experienced ?

I think it's probably a combination of things. Women like tall men so you fit the bill at 6'3". They also love confident men and wearing heels in public needs a lot of confidence, I expect women see this as a confident man comfortable with who he is and not afraid to show it. Women also like men who are not frightened to show a softer more feminine side and again man in heels fits the bill. Finally there is always an attraction to the person who is a bit edgy/ different as it provides an element of mystery and excitement. These are my personal views from my experience with women, the ladies on this forum may tell you different things and I would obviously bow to their more informed female point of view.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

It has to do with the social environment, your demeanor and perceived openness, and the personality of the people present; whether you are wearing heels or not, most likely doesn't matter. Most people just want to be left alone, unless they can feel it is with in their best interest to associate. If you are standing in line with a number of people waiting for the something to open up, then striking up a bit of a discussion would be more likely to happen then passing shoppers who notice your heeling in the store. It's the "whatever floats your boat, but don't involve me" scenario for most people.

Recently I've been heeling in public in my black 5" boots and while out and about shopping and walking around town it seems women are more interested in me than when wearing normal mens shoes. I really enjoying heeling in public but do so because of the buzz it gives me. The increased attention has been a total (and welcome) surprise to me. Its great ! I'm not talking anything major here, just more flirty comments and longer more interested looks. All the while nobody seems to notice my boots.

So my question is why. Is it because I'm taller (these boots raise me from 5'10" ish to 6'3" ish) ? Or is it more likely I act differently in heels ? Or are they more attracted because I'm wearing heels ?

Is this a benefit that others have experienced ?

Why not show us what you typically look like when you go out?

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

I truly believe it depends on the woman. I am basing that statement not only on my own personal experiences wearing high heels in public, but look at the many comments by the female members here at High Heel Place. There are some women who will never accept men wearing high heeled footwear, and especially in public. There are other women who say live and let live and either don't mind or even care if a man wears high heeled footwear. Am I attractive to a woman when I'm wearing high heels? I'd like to think so but I am not blind or naive to all reations.

I truly believe it depends on the woman. I am basing that statement not only on my own personal experiences wearing high heels in public, but look at the many comments by the female members here at High Heel Place. There are some women who will never accept men wearing high heeled footwear, and especially in public. There are other women who say live and let live and either don't mind or even care if a man wears high heeled footwear. Am I attractive to a woman when I'm wearing high heels? I'd like to think so but I am not blind or naive to all reations.

Echo that. Attraction for women is usually based off what your external appearance and mannerisms implies in the women's mind. If your external appearance includes clean clothes and a lean toned body, then it could imply that you are healthy and therefore attractive. If your external appearance includes Chanel bags and Lanvin shoes, then for some women, that would imply wealth and status and make you attractive to them.

There's no way to read a passer by's mind though, so none of us can tell you the absolute truth of the matter.

But what does matter most is your internal resolution of wearing heels in public. If your thought that you are more attractive is based on a false self, an image you want others to mirror back to you of the confident man in heels, then when you are tested by adversity, you will be more subject to people's opinions, sensitive to others thoughts of you in heels...etc.

And if your internal resolution of wearing heels is based on truth, a resolution of your negative emotions of shame, guilt, depression that often challenge men who wear heels, then you are good to go. Your confidence about being who you want to be regardless of what you wear on your feet will be your attractive trait, not the shoes in and of themselves.

Good luck

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Generally speaking people subdue to stereotypes.If you are out of the box most likely you won't be liked.Secondly as women's well earned fashion freedom (to wear all male apparel and social roles and behaviors) is thorough in developed countries they are not willing to give away their advantage towards men.They might be curious why you wear whatever,ask you - are you gay and so on but attraction is out of the question.That is my opinion...having more options in terms of social acceptance enables them to suppress males in an non conspicuous way and enables them to stand out (woman in male apparel or social role - heroic, man in women's apparel and so on - hilarious,gay and etc.).The concept in the brackets is embedded in kids' minds since their birth.I am not picking on anyone,just the situation is like that and someone must voice it.The woman that I live with shares these views (though it took some time) - I DO NOT hate women,but find them cunning.

On the basis of my personal experiences, I second Amanda Snkake's opinion. Almost everyday, women get out of their way to ask me the question: "How can you walk on heels that high? I wish I could". If they had seen me before, most of the time, they ad compliments on the shoes and boots I wear and, sometimes on my clothes, too.

The increased attention has been a total (and welcome) surprise to me. Its great ! I'm not talking anything major here, just more flirty comments and longer more interested looks. All the while nobody seems to notice my boots.

So my question is why. Is it because I'm taller ? Or is it more likely I act differently in heels ? Or are they more attracted because I'm wearing heels ?

Is this a benefit that others have experienced ?

Lots of great feedback here ! Thankyou.

I will add that I feel that the increased attention I've been getting isn't due to my boots as I'm fairly convinced that the women havn't noticed them. I wear them under jeans, but the jeans arn't long or flared so the boot and heel is well exposed.

The times when people spot my boots, which hasn't been very often, there seems to be a fairly noticeable reaction which include stares, surprise, whispering & even whistling. No verbal comments connected with my boots so far from anybody.

Will try to get a photo at some point, but photography isn't my strong point.

The points made about people not going outside of the 'norm' are very true. I live most of my life in these normal groups and hopefully I am liked and respected within these groups. I do however hate being a 'sheep' and following what is expected so my behaviour often goes well outside what is expected and it's a strange experience watching those present becoming uncomfortable with a friend and fellow group member breaking the rules. I often see them struggle with the fact that I, as part of their group, am breaking the rules. If it had been someone outside of the group doing the same they would certainly had made a negative comment, ridicule the offender or even confront them letting them know it wasn't acceptable. An example of this was me suggested I am going to have both ears peirced to some of my drinking buddies. Their response was that I must be winding them up and I was bought a 'sex on the beach' cocktail to drink as obviously I had become a girl for thinking like that. The thing is though they quickly got over it and I remain one of the macho lads and will be accepted still with both my ears pierced. So my point is we can make changes to the normal, I'm not suggesting if I walked into the pub in my 5'' red boots they would instantly take to it and accept me but little by little we need to update the normal. By the way I got my ears done today, I have to wait six weeks till I can remove the modest studs I have in and change them to much more adventurous sytles but I imagine even the ones I have in at the moment will attract some comment when I return to work on Friday.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

I think you're confusing curiosity with "attraction"

I seem to think Amanda has it right. Mainly from my experience, when I am in normal clothing/shoes, I blend in with society as a drone, looking like everyone else, becoming nearly invisible. When there is something just a bit out of the norm, you start to stand out, which increases the further from the norm you go.

So with heels, even if you hide them fairly well, you still stand out from everyone else. Even if you try your best to walk as normally as you would otherwise, it is still going to look a bit different, and chances are, you are either: A) nervous looking (which would draw negative attention), :unsure: trying really hard to appear relaxed/natural (which will still draw some curiousity your way), or C) showing lots of confidence (which in this case could probably bring some positive attention from women or people in general).

So I am thinking if by chance they do not notice your heels, you still are standing out from the norm. There will be something a bit different about you that might not be obvious, so whether positive or negative, you will get more attention. So this really was a long winded way of saying nearly the same thing Amanda just said :silly:

Walkonit, Good question I think. Answers are part in your mind. Maybe a good number of women you met would have behaved the same as if you wore classic guy shoes, but this time you were tracking reactions... An other source of difference is how you took care of your look. Do you do the same with regular mens clothes ? Also I don't know for you but at the beginning my behaviour alone could explain many stares (not focused on what I had to do, nervous, etc.). Also I tested several ways of walking (not always for the best :silly:). Even with a new classic guy outfits or accessory, I will have twitches (keep looking at the watch or triturating the new tie...)

Hey Skirtedvik,

My wife thinks the same as you stated: "woman in male apparel or social role - heroic, man in women's apparel and so on - hilarious,gay and etc.".

Regards,

Celso

Fortunately my girlfriend supports gender equality, though as I have said it took her time to realize it - it is a strong and fundamental prejudiced stereotype towards men.