Beginning Heeler

verisimile

After spending an hour or so reading posts by open and courageous heelers, I was inspired to summon the strength to go out in public wearing heels. Not real high (3"), not very long (20 minutes), not very public (buying gas), and at night, but it was an exciting, if timid start. Thank you for posting.

After spending an hour or so reading posts by open and courageous heelers, I was inspired to summon the strength to go out in public wearing heels. Not real high (3"), not very long (20 minutes), not very public (buying gas), and at night, but it was an exciting, if timid start. Thank you for posting.

Congratulations on your first outing. This is similar as to how many who wear high heels in public started. May you have many future and successful outings in the future.

Hiya verisimile

Congratulations on your 1st outing, I hope you enjoyed the thrill of it all and have another successful public heeling soon.

Very best wishes

Los

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

Can you show us a picture of the shoes?

Thanks!

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

I'll have to work on that. The only photo I have is here, from a sales site. I have no photos of me wearing them. I'll want to comply with forum rules about interesting pictures. Perhaps it is another hurdle to overcome.

http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?catId=&subCatId=&skuId=064232100&productId=61519&lotId=064232&category=&catdisplayName=Womens

I hope I did this correctly.

Thought I would give an older post (12-7-09) for ideas for beginning heelers

http://www.hhplace.org/guys/11270-courage-8.html

It seems as though we've had similar small steps to gradual outings in heels. Congratulations and happy heeling to you, verisimile.

I'll have to work on that. The only photo I have is here, from a sales site. I have no photos of me wearing them. I'll want to comply with forum rules about interesting pictures. Perhaps it is another hurdle to overcome.

http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?catId=&subCatId=&skuId=064232100&productId=61519&lotId=064232&category=&catdisplayName=Womens

I hope I did this correctly.

The link worked fine. Those are very doable with a variety of options depending on how you want to present yourself.

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Welcome! Great that you were able to join the ranks of those that have gone out heeling in public. Although you might be past this, if you have reservations about heeling in public, primarily the fear of being 'caught' in women's shoes, what I recommend is a pair of women's ankle boots, with 2"-3" block heels, under a a pair of longer length pants. The longer pants can hide almost all the heel, and block heel looks a little more unisex that, for that little amount that's seen, likely won't attract much attention. This is a great way to build up your confidence in wearing "heels" out in public, before moving on to styles which tend to be more feminine.

I live in a relatively rural/small urban area, where public is the customary big box and strip mall stores. If I lived in a large city, I'm sure I would be more courageous about being "spotted" wearing heels. Perhaps I'm still insufficiently confident in these or any heels. I'm open to suggestions from anyone more experienced than I.