Do you know men that buy and wear items from the women department

Gudulitooo

Do you know men that buy and wear items from the women department  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know men that buy and wear items from the women department

• Yes
    • No

Hello all, I wonder if you know guys that would or allready did buy and wear, as men, items sold as "womens" ? Shoes, but also clothes, accessories, jewels, watches, hats, sneakers, etc. Just to know. The possible answers are "yes" or "no". Simple as that. I know the question is not directly focussed on heels, but I am sure the results will. I post a mirror poll in the "for the girls" section. Regards

Yes a few, generally younger than me. Also as I have short stocky legs I often buy womens boot cut or skinney flare jeans to give the 'leg lengthening' effect. I also ware women's stretchy boxers as I find them more comfortable than mens. This has nothing to do with heel wearing just personal preference and is worn with traditional male attire. Also been known to wear tights (hose) on cold nights at winter fixture football matches under my trousers.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Like Foxyheels, I also buy lots of clothe from womens departments, mainly jeans and tops. I prefer tight fitting clothes which are only available to me in womens stores as I'm quite slight. I do know plenty of TVs and go to TV clubs so know loads!!!

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

I have two personal friends who do buy from Ladies departments, and I also see plenty of guys browsing around the Ladies sections in the larger Department Stores where I live, especially the Lingerie sections. Not so much in High Street girl's shops like Top-Shop or New Look....but in Department Stores, yes.

Whether they then go further, and actually try the garments on and buy them, I don't know.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

The mirror question for the girls could also be very interesting. Women wear pants, but they buy them in the women section. Women wear derby shoes that look like mens. But they found them in the women section. Women wear suits, found in the women section. Too easy. You see ? I read a number of articles that said "women wear pants can't men wear heels or skirts ?". They can. They just do not find it in the mens section... With all the marketing and "genderisation" of things, I wonder if people are not simply "remotely guided" to the section that matches their gender. It seems that there are special pheromones in women stores that are repulsive to men and attractive to women, and conversely in the men section ! Must be better for selling. You buy perfume with a names like "for men", or "Hugo Boss - L'homme", or "per l'uomo". Even mobile phones have a gender ! For a guy, reaching the women section (accompagnying the wife for her shopping do not count) is an act of bravoure it's like swimming countercurrent in a torrent of marketing orders that say you are not welcome. And conversely. Take a store that accidentally shuffled the "mens" and "womens" signs over the alleys. I wonder if men would buy things from the women section and still be convinced this is men fashion only because of the sign above...

Whatever I buy I wear it as a male.Many women's fashions are equal to men's but not the other way around.That is why I buy from lady's section.But not as a TV/CD or other form of female impersonation.Remeber,before 1940's it was not normal all masculine looking apparel to be worn by women,just as it is not normal for men to wear other than so called masculine style nowadays.

Aside from shoes, all of my jeans have been coming from the women's side of the aisle since about 2008. Women's jeans fit so much better around my waist compared to men's jeans, and since "stretch" materials and men's clothing are a total contradiction for whatever stupid reason, I will continue doing so for the forseeable future.

ok so from now on hhplace members do not count !

Who else is going to reply here then?

Charlie

Honestly Gudulitooo, perhaps if you stated that more clearly from the start. Didn't know we had such a strict guideline to follow here or we might screw up your "scientific study". :silly:

Anyway, if that is the case, I strongly believe I see at least one or two men almost daily in my work place that also wear women's jeans.

As far as anything beyond that, no, I don't know anyone personally that will admit freely to shopping on the women's side of the store.

Sorry sorry, please don't blame me. Unfortunately my computer crashed before I was finished posting the poll. I had explained it all in the first place. Being surprised of your answers, I read again my post, and understood that I forgot to rewrite this part. Of course we Hhplace members can say "yes" because we do it ourselves or we know other hhplace male members buy shoes in the women section. Thus I suggest we do not count us and only count guys in our friends, familly, colleagues, etc. I personnaly never saw anybody doing this. No problem anyway, with hhplace members included, the results after two days are Yes : 20 No : 5 Let's see how this changes when we do not count them. By the way, where do men buy their earrings ?

Sorry sorry, please don't blame me.

By the way, where do men buy their earrings ?

No blame whatsoever Gudulitooo! I just didn't understand how anybody who's not a member here could reply to your post?

As for where men buy their earrings.. I always laugh to myself about that when I see rednecks wearing them...

Peace!

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

I've just started buying womens clothes. In the past it was always in plight of sexual arousal (am i allowed to say that?) but this recent venture has found me buying clothes i think actually look good on me and i would like to wear on a regular basis. But at the moment, i am the only man i know who likes wearing womens clothing.

Hello all,

I wonder if you know guys that would or allready did buy and wear, as men, items sold as "womens" ? Shoes, but also clothes, accessories, jewels, watches, hats, sneakers, etc.

Just to know. The possible answers are "yes" or "no". Simple as that.

I know the question is not directly focussed on heels, but I am sure the results will. I post a mirror poll in the "for the girls" section.

Regards

Well, gee... Let's see...

I have a pair of women's jeans. They fit better than men's jeans when I'm below 175, but as I'm currently well above 200, they're a no-go.

I wear a Timex Triathelon watch that's made for a woman. When people ask me why I wear "such a small watch," I tell them "it saves weight, and I don't have to worry about it getting caught on things."

None of the earrings I wear are made for men. All were made for women. I simply found some earrings made for women that look good on me as a man. :silly: I've got lots of dangles (I prefer them) although I've worn very few in public. I have worn dangles in public, though.

I own and wear several women's bracelets and necklaces in public. Again, it's usually a matter of style and choice. I won't wear a dainty 16" necklace, as it would look like I was being strangled by spidersilk. But I've a terrific three-tiered snake-chain necklace that looks as good on me with a split-neck sweater as it does on any woman.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Well, gee... Let's see...

I have a pair of women's jeans. They fit better than men's jeans when I'm below 175, but as I'm currently well above 200, they're a no-go.

I wear a Timex Triathelon watch that's made for a woman. When people ask me why I wear "such a small watch," I tell them "it saves weight, and I don't have to worry about it getting caught on things."

None of the earrings I wear are made for men. All were made for women. I simply found some earrings made for women that look good on me as a man. :silly: I've got lots of dangles (I prefer them) although I've worn very few in public. I have worn dangles in public, though.

I own and wear several women's bracelets and necklaces in public. Again, it's usually a matter of style and choice. I won't wear a dainty 16" necklace, as it would look like I was being strangled by spidersilk. But I've a terrific three-tiered snake-chain necklace that looks as good on me with a split-neck sweater as it does on any woman.

Dude, sounds like you've got it nailed. As i said earlier, I've just started buying womens clothes (been buying heels for years although I don't wear in public) and purely by accident I've bought clothes and shoes that I think actually look good on me. These include a pair of jeans (they fit really well and are very comfortable), a blue cord knee length skirt and this red loose, almost baggy, top with elbow length sleeves and a long open neck that doesn't droop too low. Very casual and looks really good on me. AND I look good in all the shoes I currently own which consist mostly 4" stilettoes but I also have flat ballerinas and kitten heels. pointy toes, almond toes round toes, open toes.....

I feel like I'm starting to ramble on so I'm going to shut up now.

I wear "women´s" jeans more than "men´s" these days - they are usually more comfortable and better fitting due to a little stretch. Lots of women´s shoes - not counting the high heels which are for private use only, I have several pairs of flat knee boots and ankle boots that I wear routinely including to work (although under jeans). Other pieces include leggings (mostly under jeans on cold winter days), smart trousers, shorts, pullovers, coats. I sometimes borrow stuff from my wife. So yes. lots. I really don´t think people notice or care unless it really is obviously an item made for women.

I buy and wear brand new pumps, as well as purses. I also buy and wear women's boots. I am trying to find a pair of women's capri's in white, as they look absolutely beautiful with a pair of pumps on. I have been going to thrift stores a long time, over 20 years, and have bought many, many purses, pumps, and boots, and friday i will go try to find some capri's. I do not dress in drag, nor will i. The capri's just look hot, especially with a black patent pair of pumps on. Hope i can find both patent pumps AND capri's this weekend. Wish me luck!

I wear "women´s" jeans more than "men´s" these days - they are usually more comfortable and better fitting due to a little stretch. Lots of women´s shoes - not counting the high heels which are for private use only, I have several pairs of flat knee boots and ankle boots that I wear routinely including to work (although under jeans). Other pieces include leggings (mostly under jeans on cold winter days), smart trousers, shorts, pullovers, coats. I sometimes borrow stuff from my wife. So yes. lots.

I really don´t think people notice or care unless it really is obviously an item made for women.

With long enough jeans, they don't notice 4" heeled ladies or men's boots either as long as you don't struggle at all in them. The men's boots are the cowboyusa 4" heeled underslung western boots I have btw..

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Hi, Sorry I only know 2 other men that do buy some stuff. I'll shop for shoes (heels and flats) and I buy my suits from the womens side of the store, handbags & clutches, hosiery, some lingerie, some make-up and other accessories pretty obviously come from that side of the store as well! rgds Heel-Lover

If you can wear some curvy bootcut women's jeans and a pair of 5-6" stiletto pumps or some non-stretch (and my legs can't breathe) guy's jeans with tennis shoes or Docker's type loafers now which of these feels better on you and makes your heart beat a little faster?? Women's choice of fabrics, colors, and styling is exactly why we love their stuff so much. Men's stuff is depressingly utilitarian. The % of men that shop the women's side of a store is way higher than most people ever imagined...just take the time to survey some sales assistants and you'll see for yourself. HappyinHeels