Split leather

schooze

Hi, I have just received a pair of Pleaser Seduce Leather but there is a split in the top layer of the leather on the toe box. I have done a deal with the supplier and will be keeping them but want to see if I can stop the leather splitting any further. Any suggestions?

hi It all depends on the size of the split and weather you can get into it to get some glue underneath try teasing it gently with a tooth pick to see if its free from the toe stiffner be carefull as you dont want to make it worse or stretch it if it is then evostick contact adhesive is quite good as any excess just wipes off usually with patent or leather shoes experiment on an old pair of shoes first if the hole is very small get a syringe and put a small amount of evostick in it and gently apply it this may help to get into small spaces carefully polish the shoes around the area before you start as this will help you get the glue off later but being carefull and doing it accurately is better than clearing up mistakes superglue is to be avoided as you dont have much control over it and it tends to run and once on the surface it usually mucks up the leather and goes very hard Oh and with evostick get the yellow stuff petroleum based in the tube not the tin which is water based its no where near as good well just a few ideas that may help steve

That seems to be a good tip. Alternatively, take them to a repairer. Oh, by the way, if they're pleasers they're not likely to be leather.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

That seems to be a good tip. Alternatively, take them to a repairer.

Absolutely....and frankly, if they arrived in that condition, I would have sent them back and insisted that the Supplier carried all the costs.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Thanks for the tips I will have a closer look. With regards to them being leather they look and feel like leather and have leather upper lables etc and I ordered Leather. Perhaps Dr Shoe you know something I don't. I would be interested to know. I too would also normally send them straight back but money is a bit tight and the deal I did to save us all the hassle made it a no brainer!