New 5½" oxfords

Trolldeg

I ordered these in july from Bananashoes:

Posted Image

Made by Leatherworks, UK.

I ordered them in my ususal size, 6UK, but unfortunately they were to small. Fortunately I could exchange them for a larger size, and the exchange was very speedy. I recieved the shoes yesterday and took them out for a walk.. The strange thing is that now they seem a bit large. The size on the sole is 8 (UK), but it's crossed out. They fit rather good with one insole and one halfsole (?) in each shoe. They also seem to be a kind of budget model of the original shoe, sine they are lined with man made material (the first pair I got was all leather). Strange, but the quality seems good anyway.

Although I think this will be my last pair of "extreme" heels, since I seem to be having som problems with my feet. :lol:

I guess I'll save these for special occasions, and stick to lower heels (4"-5") for everyday wear...

:lol:

Nice shoes not really my style but nice anyway ( i like shoes with anthing over 4" to have platforms :lol: ) unfortunately Trolldeg isn't the only who will be one lying low I have gone without wearing my 6" inch plats for a week and a half (so far) (too many bad symptoms aching achilles tendons, a couple of cramps etc.) so I have decided to give up heels before I am stuck in them! because I don't want to HAVE to go out in them. later, TXT-1

Hmm! Perhaps TD and TXT-1 are experiencing what a lot of women do when they "over-do" it with heels. While I especially like heels higher than 5" myself, I usually stick to heels between 3" and 4" for everyday wearing. Especially when out in public. I find that heel height more comfortable for wearing long periods or when walking long distances, especially in shopping malls.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Recent adepts find the sky the limit but except for the ones wearing them in the bedroom most of regular heel wearers stick to the more practical 8-11cm heels (true elevation proportioned for approx size 40). Even that heel height will get you addicted because of slow tendon shortening and calf muscle adaptation (besides the omnipresent pleasant feeling). The challenge of 5 or 6 inchers (real elevation not counting platforms) remains and I admit I like to try those as well once in a while but in the end bravery will make place for satisfaction and comfort, if you are a 24/7 heel wearing type like myself, independant of heel type or gender.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

I have had no problem wearing 6.5" platform heels for 4 hours or more a day. I have found they strengthen the ankles and toes, and make dancing in flat shoes easier! Shades of Highluc's stories!

Bubba says he favours 3" to 4" for everyday wear. Trouble is, having recently equipped myself with several pairs of boots of around 3 1/2", I go out and about and don't feel as if I've got heels on at all! Once you've got used to the great sensation and buzz of street-heeling in 4 1/2" to 5 1/2" heels for many years (as I have done), then 3" to 4 " heels just don't give me the feel or the buzz and I feel as if I might as well be in flats! I know mid-heels are better for my feet, tendons, hips and back, and being in my late fifties I must admit I have to be more careful in those increasingly vulnerable departments. However, it does give a problem when anything much lower than 4 1/2" feels so meek, tame and feeble. Has anyone else experienced the same thing? Cheerfully Yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Personally, my pleasure has two phases. One phase is wearing women's shoes and the other is wearing high heels. While I still own several pair of flat loafer styles with heels around 1½"

Posted Image

that I usually wear whenever shoes with higher heels would not be appropriate for a man -- say, to church, etc. -- and wear boots, sandals and pumps with higher heels at home, restaurants and shopping malls, etc.

Posted Image

So, while I mightn't always be in high heels, I am always in women's shoes.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bubba says he favours 3" to 4" for everyday wear.

>Trouble is, having recently equipped myself with several pairs of boots of around 3 1/2", I go out and about and don't feel as if I've got heels on at all! Once you've got used to the great sensation and buzz of street-heeling in 4 1/2" to 5 1/2" heels for many years (as I have done), then 3" to 4 " heels just don't give me the feel or the buzz and I feel as if I might as well be in flats!

>I know mid-heels are better for my feet, tendons, hips and back, and being in my late fifties I must admit I have to be more careful in those increasingly vulnerable departments. However, it does give a problem when anything much lower than 4 1/2" feels so meek, tame and feeble.

>Has anyone else experienced the same thing?

Sort of, but certainly not on the same scale since most of the time I wear regular tennis shoes. However, if I go out shopping in 5" heels, and try on lower heel shoes, I do feel almost like I am in flats again.

the truth shall make you fret

Since I passed my 50th birthday, I found that the longer I walk in high heels, the more uncomfortable it is for me. But I still derive pleasure from wearing them even though I may not be on my feet all the time. :lol: Since my interest involves only 5" and 6" stiletto heels, I could not compromise by switching to a lower heel height. The sense of pleasure is not the same.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.