To tuck or not - seems to be a serious question

Heelster

Well here goes my take, I know most of you dislike uggs. I wear the tall black Uggs and I tuck them all the time, I have never ever got a comment about doing it good or bad, and wear them in front of everybody, even tough guys I know personally. Now if I switch to my other tall Fry brown leather boots with a 2 inch heel and tuck ,I can sense people looking at them and get comments as to why do I tuck my jeans into them, and they call it flatout gay. My confidence level is very secure with the Uggs , but I do lose a little with the Fry's, Why? It's mental. I still do it though because I like too.

Who cares if a man tuck his pant legs into his boots ?

A nice looking boot is made to be seen. (I mean any type of boots)

Simple as that !

PS:

They forecast some snow tomorrow (Lucky for me, much less than in the USA Mid-West...)

And I will wear my tall winter boots over skinny jeans neatly tucked into them.

Who are "they" to decide how we should tuck our pants into our boots ?

Women can wear their boots the way they want...So do we !

Well for the guys in this forum, it will primarily go with each persons comfort level in showing everyone what they have on. For those that prefer being discreet about heeling, they most likely will never tuck. For those that are completely open about showing their boots to the world, they probably will tuck more often than not. If you eliminate the above conditions from the equation, it would probably align more closely with how women view it, I would think, which for them is much more based on fashion trends and other factors. The article doesn't really apply directly to the crowd here in my opinion.

WOW!! It never seems to amaze me how much some want to look toward some phantom authority to magically wave a wand as if to say; "OK, guys it is now deemed acceptable for you to wear high heels, tuck your jeans into your boots, wear nail polish, etc"... Did women wait for the green light?? No they did not!! You have got 75-80 years (more or less) on this big blue planet to have as much fun as possible. Think just how much of life is spent waiting for stuff to happen. Wear what you like and what is comfortable and/or stylish but wear it confidently and smile and the world will get used to it!! The free market will sort this out but if more men openly dress the way THEY want, then designers and companies will respond in kind. To do anything less is marginalizing yourself. Get off your duff and get out there and live life to its fullest and quit waiting and wondering because you'll grow old and wish you had done much sooner. HappyinHeels:wave:

well, for me it all depends on the style of boot, & how they fit on my leg, I could really care less what others may think (or not) I really dont have any styles that I can wear with pants tucked into, I used to have some thighboots like JEAN GABORIT (flat heels on those) but then they were not like the styles that I have now (side zip knee highs)

Well for the guys in this forum, it will primarily go with each persons comfort level in showing everyone what they have on. For those that prefer being discreet about heeling, they most likely will never tuck. For those that are completely open about showing their boots to the world, they probably will tuck more often than not.

Well, I fall into the latter category, having worn thigh boots very much out in the open and displayed with jeans (tight) tucked in. I've also done that a time or two with knee high boots as well. I fully agree that it all depends on the person and his comfort level.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I have never, that I can remember tucking my pants into any boots I have ever worn. Please don't ask me why but to me, personally, I don't care for that look for me. I have seen others wear their pants in their boots, and in most cases I always admired the look.

It was practical for me to tuck my jeans in my cowboy boots, especially with a blizzard and over a foot of snow these last few days. Yet I always tuck them in or wear skinny tight fitting denim riding jeans. I always show my avatar boots fully exposed. On a side note, at the last heel meet I attended, one of the ladies at the shoe store said to Johnieheel that it's "cheating" if you hide your boots with jeans over them. Unless they are ankle boots, I say tuck them and wear your boots proudly if you prefer that style.

I have never, that I can remember tucking my pants into any boots I have ever worn. Please don't ask me why but to me, personally, I don't care for that look for me. I have seen others wear their pants in their boots, and in most cases I always admired the look.

I could not agree more, I have not ever tucked any of my pants into boots either and it is a look I am not into for myself. Plus I would think that this task would be near impossible without wearing skinny jeans, another look for me that I would not do.

:silly:

I never tucked my jeans in my boots until my girlfriend suggested I do it. So I did today, with the boots below. They go all the way up to my knees. Got looks from both men and women, but nothing was said. People are probably too busy with their own lives to really care. Women seem to notice more and sometimes do double takes!

I was pretty confident walking around and even if they said something, I wouldn't have gave a damn anyways. LOL!

Posted Image

Going to meet up with some friends for dinner and see their reaction to this too.

The question was "To tuck or not". It didn't specify into which type of boots.

Flat boots may look ugly for some and beautiful for others. It is only a matter of taste.

Note that riding boots are the perfect boot style to be worn with pants tuck into them.

-dp- :-)

Those are very nice boots and don't worry about the double takes from women :silly:

Women are simply not accustomed to see a man wearing such nice boots !

Here is what I think those women were thinking when they saw you and your boots:

First look = "Wow those are nice boots. I would not mind having the same !"

Second look = "It is a man wearing them ! This man got a lot of ..... and I like it !

Happy heeling all !

-dp- and like minded.

I thought this was called HHPlace. The HH stands High Heels. Why are there people here praising the ugly shoes? Where have I gown wrong ?

Mike

The question was "To tuck or not". It didn't specify into which type of boots.

Flat boots may look ugly for some and beautiful for others. It is only a matter of taste.

Note that riding boots are the perfect boot style to be worn with pants tuck into them.

-dp- :-)

Those are very nice boots and don't worry about the double takes from women :silly:

Women are simply not accustomed to see a man wearing such nice boots !

Here is what I think those women were thinking when they saw you and your boots:

First look = "Wow those are nice boots. I would not mind having the same !"

Second look = "It is a man wearing them ! This man got a lot of ..... and I like it !

Happy heeling all !

spikesmike, thanks for your reply and your concerns, but as danielp stated, the thread topic is about tucking in pants or not. I understand this isn't the first time you put the proverbial foot in your mouth. Take care of your ankle injury.

danielp6406, I wholeheartedly agree. I received a few smiles from women while having my legs completely stretched out and boots in full view. :unsure:

Great article, thread and topic (thank you for locating). Interesting feedback. And just for the hell (or is that heel) of it, we always tuck as the Boot is made to be seen hence the heel is more pronounced and shown. Cheers, David & Cathy

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

Gentlemen;

When I was reviewing this article, what struck me was the tone of the article and the negative connotations that were presented. The style of boots displayed were irrelevant at the time.

From the article;

"""Mordechai Rubinstein, style blogger at Mister Mort, took to Twitter, blasting tuckers as "lil girls.""""

""""What bothers me is how precious it is," he said in an interview. "Unless you're gardening or you're an SS officer, then it's just affected. You're protecting your precious jeans from the snow?"""""

"""""If you're going to do it, you better make it look like it was an accident and not something you fussed over," Mr. Thoreson said in an interview. The pants just happening to fall into the boot rather than being neatly tucked "is that sort of serendipitous, happy accident of style effect you want to achieve."""""

Sooo - - as I see it, the fashion guru's who seem to be pushing the shovel - - I mean show don't seem to approve even though the runway and designers seem to be good with it.

Hmmmm - - seems we have no fashion knowledge and are not 'doing it right' - - - Oh well!!!

It really doesn't matter what others think or write. If you like to tuck your pants into your boots and do that for the look or do it for practical reasons, then just do it. If you don't, then don't. There is no right or wrong here. The fashionistas have their opinions (and unfortunately publish them), but they're just opinions, not legally valid or lawful at all. Most of them would turn up their noses at guys who wear heels in the first place anyway! The key is to do what you want, and be tolerant of others who do what they want. Don't look for approval or disapproval. Just do your thing, and do it with confidence. Steve

I never tucked my jeans in my boots until my girlfriend suggested I do it. So I did today, with the boots below. They go all the way up to my knees. Got looks from both men and women, but nothing was said. People are probably too busy with their own lives to really care. Women seem to notice more and sometimes do double takes!

I was pretty confident walking around and even if they said something, I wouldn't have gave a damn anyways. LOL!

Posted Image

Going to meet up with some friends for dinner and see their reaction to this too.

How on earth can anyone even THINK of hiding great looking boots such as those? That would almost be considered criminal!

How on earth can anyone even THINK of hiding great looking boots such as those? That would almost be considered criminal!

Thanks for the compliment. I admire the way they look when I see my profile in a mirror. :-? Having worn them outside for half the week consecutively, I received the following reactions:

:unsure: A few smiles [from women only]

:) A lot of looks [double/triple looks from women, confusion from guys]

:silly: Some disapproval [one each from a woman and a guy]

It's a traditional bell curve. Honestly, most people just don't give a damn.

My friends (one guy, one girl) questioned me about it, thought they were a bit feminine, and gave me a little bit of a ribbing. However, both of them didn't care and whatever makes me happy. I feel very fortunate to have great friends and and awesome girlfriend.

Thanks for the compliment. I admire the way they look when I see my profile in a mirror. :-? Having worn them outside for half the week consecutively, I received the following reactions:

:unsure: A few smiles [from women only]

:) A lot of looks [double/triple looks from women, confusion from guys]

:silly: Some disapproval [one each from a woman and a guy]

It's a traditional bell curve. Honestly, most people just don't give a damn.

My friends (one guy, one girl) questioned me about it, thought they were a bit feminine, and gave me a little bit of a ribbing. However, both of them didn't care and whatever makes me happy. I feel very fortunate to have great friends and and awesome girlfriend.

Well, good for you, my friend! I only wish I could find boots like those in my size (13W), I'd happily show them off any and every chance I got!

Well, good for you, my friend! I only wish I could find boots like those in my size (13W), I'd happily show them off any and every chance I got!

The largest size they carry is 12. I'm not sure if you want to attempt a smaller size.

I am actually wearing a full size larger since I intend on walking around with them and wearing thicker socks. Thanks for reminding me, as I have to return the 12 wide calf which was also purchased.

wow, i opened this thread thinking the content would be completely different to this.. :silly: woops! haha

Yeah I was thinking the same thing and almost just passed on this thread. lol

What exactly were you thinking it was going to be?

what do you think?

I have to say guys, that the same thought crossed my mind....especially as it's on here. I don't need to explain do I?

Back to the original the subject though - I nearly always tuck my jeans into my boots, as do most of my girlfriends. Of course, it's unavoidable if I'm wearing jeans and thigh highs.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

@pussyinboots: please say it, because I have no idea what you guys and girls are talking about. While on the subject, tucking the pants in the boots versus wearing them underneath feels completely different, especially if the shaft has room to move up and down your leg.

While on the subject, tucking the pants in the boots versus wearing them underneath feels completely different, especially if the shaft has room to move up and down your leg.

To explain this as subtly as possibe - it is the 'art' of how a male to female cross-dresser hides away his 'personal parts', in order to achieve a female outline 'downstairs'.

Now....back to boots and jeans.....

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"