shoe size?

stevey2

Hi I cant get my head round the shoe sizes my wifes a size 6 ukF im a size 8 ukM I can wear her size 6 shoes ok they dont slip off if i try on a size 7ukF they slip off so me being an 8 male I fit a 6 female shoe thats different to what ive been told about size male to female i dont have very large feet ...but i can run fast!! anyone else know about shoe size female to male? steve

Hi

I cant get my head round the shoe sizes

my wifes a size 6 ukF im a size 8 ukM

I can wear her size 6 shoes ok they dont slip off

if i try on a size 7ukF they slip off

so me being an 8 male I fit a 6 female shoe

thats different to what ive been told about size male to female

i dont have very large feet ...but i can run fast!!

anyone else know about shoe size female to male?

steve

Hi there it does not sound right to me. You must go to a shoe shop and they can measure your feet for you.. If you go on to certain shoe sites they give you the conversion tables. I know that of experience that men usually must take two or perhaps one size bigger .in womens sizes. Hope this will help

Hi steve. From experience I agree with jay jay. I wear a 9 UK men and I can wear some female size 9 sandals, but anything with too many straps or a closed toe and heel ( boots) is generally too small. if I remember correctly with American sizes I'm a men's 11 which is a women's 12 but I wear a women's 13. I'm not 100% sure of the correct American sizes, but I wear a womens size 1 larger than the direct conversion.

hi well i do have small feet compared to my sons size 11's and looking at my trainers depending on the brand my size is a tight 7 then a 7.5 and a 8 so i think I am a 7.5 to be honest stiil dose not explain why a womans 7 court slips at the heel but a 6 stays put i wonder if anyone else has the same problem steve

Hi there it does not sound right to me. You must go to a shoe shop and they can measure your feet for you.. If you go on to certain shoe sites they give you the conversion tables. I know that of experience that men usually must take two or perhaps one size bigger .in womens sizes. Hope this will help

I have just checked the size UK 8 women is a men 8 1/2 do not ak me why. A 7 1/2 is 260 mm. Check this site www.i18nguy.com/l10n/shoes .html#ebay, it explains a lot.

Good luck

Nominally, UK sizing (and european sizing too) is the same for men and women. There are several buts. Mens feet are usually wider than womens so you if you take (say) UK8 in mens shoes you may need to go to UK9 for womens just to get the width. If the sizing is actually based on european sizes and converted to UK that gives another level of variability. UK8 should be EU42 for men and women. I can assure you it isn't. Finally there's quite a bit of variability in sizing at the best of times. Aldo UK9 is small, barely UK8 in my opinion. Conversely I've heard that Evans sizing is generous and you would often go a size down.

Now you see, I find the Aldo 42s fine for my UK9 male feet generally except for one or two exceptions that are said to run small. I have quite a narrow foot but need 9s for length. In a pointy ladies shoe I can get into an 8 quite comfortably but not a round toe style where my toe tries to force its way out. Some people don't realise that they're supposed to take a smaller size than they actually do. I'll tell you why this is. Whenyou're a kid, your mother tends to buy you shoes with growing space so for most of the life of that shoe they fit looser than they should. You get so used to wearing shoes like that that you tend to buy loose shoes as an adult and shoes of the correct size feel tight. However, when you start wearing female court shoes you find, to your surprise, that you need a much smaller size.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

HI Thanks for all the input high heelers Found a site on the internet with instructions to measure your feet Ive drawn my foot out on paper measured it and compared it it comes in at about 10 inches long by 3.5 wide which when converted gives me a male uk size 7.5 which again converts to a female uk 6.5 using their chart so probably a generous female 6uk would fit me as it does all in all its a bit of pot luck really do you go for the a bit tight but stays on or the loose keep falling off I think i would go for the staying on less likely to have an accident when coming down the stairs so basicaly were down to try before you buy to be sure steve

Hi Well i weasured the wifes foot this morning and blow me her foot is 10 inches long aswell So we both have the same length feet spooky or what! so she by the charts is a 6.5uk F but with her court shoes anything bigger than a 6 slips off too easily so it varies so much steve