New trend for this summer? "Flatforms"?

gaijin gig

I must say that I find wedges both useful and fashionable. They are a terrific asubstitute for stilettos if I want to wear high heels without the hassles of thin spikes and thin soles. I can slip on a pair of wedges with anything from a frilly Summer skirt/dress, to jeans, pants/capri's or even a mini-skirt.

Around 4 or 5 years ago, I found some gorgeous, Italian style sculpted wedges in one of our 'budget' High Street shoe shops - Shoe-Zone in fact. They have real cork soles, 4.5" wedges...and metallic olive green straps. They also had some fabulous 'thong' wedges in Dorothy Perkins - in White, Pink, Camel and Black - and they are just fab!

I bought a pair of each....the total cost was under £90.00 for 5 pairs of shoes - and they are ALL still in good condition and going into their 6th Summer this year.

I will admit - I also splashed out on a pair of Pink 'thong' wedges in Russell & Bromley (top quality and snobby)....and paid TWICE the total of all the others for one pair of heels!!

So far this year, I haven't seen anything that would come close to these favourites....yet.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

I don't care for them. But as you could see by many of the comments, a lot of people like them. "A cada um o que 'e seu." (To each their own).

I agree.. not to my taste at all but alot of people obviously do like them.. like how all the fellas on this site like wearing heels but there are alot of folk who think it looks plain stupid... each to their own.

What about these?

http://www.waltersteiger.com/gallery/woman/big/18.jpg

Similar, but quite different.

Conversely, I think that they are really pretty....a fair amount of Chinese influence I'd say.

Actually - today's 'Guardian' Fashion carried a whole page of this Spring/Summer's 'in' wedges.....some are gorgeous. I'll try to find the links they give in the magazine, and post them.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

• 2 months later...