New trend for this summer? "Flatforms"?

gaijin gig

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beauty/flatforms-are-the-new-it-shoe-for-spring-2446035#photoViewer=1

Sorry people i think these are just plain ugly...

what say you all?

Ugly is not the word. Uck is good. If people will pay $8000 for a nice pair of boots then I'm sure they will pay $650 for a junky pair. Sorry to say. But look where they are selling them. Ha Ha

I think they are hideous... plain and simple... but if i had to pick between ANY of these and those UBER ugly Flipflops that have been plauging the sidewalks i would pick these... anything other than F'F'S I BEG OF YOU.. not another summer... anything but that

Cheers

I just cut two pieces off of a 2 by 4 I had in my workshop and added a strap. I have a pair now! They look best when I wear them with my pants waist halfway down my butt! LOL Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

I don't care for them. But as you could see by many of the comments, a lot of people like them. "A cada um o que 'e seu." (To each their own).

So correct.

I think they ugly though.

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

I'm thinking "new"? Even this particular styling has been around for quite a while. I remember women wearing them back in the Seventies. Ever since then they have reappeared at various times. I don't care for the platform look, because it makes the feet appear more massive and cartoonish. Many of the popular heels today have platforms that have been better styles to help pedestal the wearer, but they can't replace the styling of the heel types like my avatar depicts. To see these type of single soled high heels as today's prominent footwear in most of the toe box designs would brighten all our viewing senses. Well, maybe not the extended pointed toe. The long pointed toes on cowboy boots were even an eye sore. Did cowboy boots ever have platforms attached or were they made with really thick or glued and sewn multi-layer leather hides? Back to this thread's objective: These "flaforms" do not enhance the feet. They actually make them look more cloddish and clumpy. There may be a factor of comfort that will appease some wearers. Even gaining some height will be a selling point, but the aesthetics won't be pleasing. They weren't when an office secretary wore them nor will they look good for walk down the Hollywood or marital carpet. Having posted this, it is still a matter of choice for each person as to what they want to wear. I understand purple hair is also a choice. To each their own!

I guess I'll have to be one of the contraries and admit to actually having a pair of the Korkease "Ava" sandals, although they are natural color rather than the red ones in the picture. (picture 12 of 20) I have several other Korkease styles too. Sure they are throwbacks to the 70's but most styles are repros that have been dusted off from previous eras and hawked as new. I had the same style sandals in the 70's and I liked them as much then as I do today.

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

I don't see anything wrong with them. You have to take the rest of the outfit into account. We are seeing a huge revival of big retro silhouettes and the 'Flatforms' go really well with flared A line trousers. A stiletto won't really work with this look. So therefore there's a need for a shoes that give a bit of height and chunkyness. I say great. I'm a bit tired of the '5 inch stilettos with everything' trend of the last few years. Guys, not everything is designed to be overtly sexy and make women into tottering glamourpusses on stilts. Somethings are just fun and practical. Shock horror. Many women don't dress for men, instead they dress for themselves and other women. If you don't like it then it's your problem and not the women who choose to wear it.

I don't see anything wrong with them.

You have to take the rest of the outfit into account. We are seeing a huge revival of big retro silhouettes and the 'Flatforms' go really well with flared A line trousers. A stiletto won't really work with this look. So therefore there's a need for a shoes that give a bit of height and chunkyness. I say great. I'm a bit tired of the '5 inch stilettos with everything' trend of the last few years.

Guys, not everything is designed to be overtly sexy and make women into tottering glamourpusses on stilts. Somethings are just fun and practical.

Shock horror. Many women don't dress for men, instead they dress for themselves and other women.

If you don't like it then it's your problem and not the women who choose to wear it.

I don't see anything wrong with them either. They just don't appeal to me. I don't like them to look at and I don't want to wear them. Thank God my girlfriend doesn't like them either.

I guess I'll have to be one of the contraries and admit to actually having a pair of the Korkease "Ava" sandals, although they are natural color rather than the red ones in the picture. (picture 12 of 20) I have several other Korkease styles too. Sure they are throwbacks to the 70's but most styles are repros that have been dusted off from previous eras and hawked as new. I had the same style sandals in the 70's and I liked them as much then as I do today.

I agree wholeheartly with Docs41. I too think that this look is the best look for men to wear in a high heel shoe. Men wore these same types of wedge heels in the 70's and it was totally acceptable to mens shoe fashion. They were wore with long pants or shorts too. I had many pairs of buffalo sandals, wood wedges, and clogs in different colors, all made for men. I wore them infront of everybody and anywhere with no hang ups about doing it. I still wear this style today but less often because of society's peer pressure of whats in and whats not. If we're going to get some heels back into mens shoes designs for the masses, this is going to be the first step in getting there. I love the Kork Ease platforms and there was rumor that they were going to be made again for men, but hopes have faded. I had wrote to Kork Ease a few times over the years, and they kept replying next year we will have a mens line, but it just doen't happen. I had also hoped they would start making them in a size 12, as they stop at 11. They maybe waiting for the right time for men to do it though. I believe that this type of shoe design is very acceptable for men by women too, as I was told many times how cool my wedge platforms were by women back in the 70's. Been there, done that, experienced it! Now waiting for it to happen again.

Why the need to "invent" a new word for them? They are still platforms. A platform shoe does not have to have a heel elevated in relation to the front.

Same reason denim leggings now seem to be called "jeggings", inventing stupid new words for things is a current trend. :silly:

Guys, not everything is designed to be overtly sexy and make women into tottering glamourpusses on stilts. Somethings are just fun and practical.

And there is a place in my heart for kitten heels, tapered heels and flats for that reason. I just require that they be attractive, not distorted and misshapen. I also don't like to see too much bare foot, but that's just me.

Shock horror. Many women don't dress for men, instead they dress for themselves and other women.

This is a fact that should never be lost sight of. Nevertheless, the question was whether or not I find them ugly, and I do.

Hi,

As with several other trends that i generally don't like, there are a few exceptional models that i still do like. For example these: http://www.solestruck.com/joes-brenda-v-cognac-leather/index.html.

Happy Heeling

k6ps

Would like to say that I think they are a nice looking shoe. But with the PRICE ( witch was out of sight ) I would think twice on getting them for something differant. And I'm sure the ladies would agree with me. Anyway nice plat from. What do you think guys and gals. :-)))

I don't like them particular ones but I do have a nicer pair myself that are a tan colour. I wear them to the beach though wouldnt wear them on a night out. altho they have a slightly higher heel than them ones but not much

I know most in here would not want a rerun of the 70's, but I would love to see a repeat of how shoe styles were accepted during that era--guys in boots or shoes with heels close to 3" high, and shoes, clogs, or sandals with platforms or wedges. I wore all of them and no one commented or batted an eye. Wouldn't tolerance like that be a breath of fresh air today?

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!