$8,000 Boots ?????

gary0618

WOW!

Would you spend this much money on a pair of boots?

http://cgi.ebay.com/BNIB-GUCCI-CROC-ALLIGATOR-CROCODILE-BOOTS-RRP-9900-/160531256670?pt=Women_s_Shoes&hash=item256068955e#ht_1254wt_908

post-1115-133522933595_thumb.jpg

BNIB 100% GENUINE GUCCI CROCODILE SKIN BOOTS

AN ABSOLUTE CLASSIC PIECE AND A TRUE COLLECTOR'S ITEM CREATED BY GUCCI

PERFECT CONDITION - ONLY TAKEN OUT FOR PICTURES - SEE YOURSELF

RETAIL 9800 £

DARK CHOCOLATE BROWN - ON SOME OF THE PICTURES THE COLOR LOOKS LIGHT LIGHT BROWN BUT THEY ARE DARK BROWN AND JUST SO BEAUTIFUL - THE PICTURES DO NOT JUSTIFY THEIR TRUE PERFECTION AND BEAUTY

JUST PERFECT TO WEAR WITH ALL KIND OF COLOURS

ONLY 20 PIECES MADE WORLDWIDE

MADE OUT OF REAL CROCODILE SKIN

ALL AND ALL OVER

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

christ!, you must be joking; nothing special in the design even if they are crocodile and only 20 made - the pattern could be used elsewhere so can't be THAT exclusive. You could have a fox fur gilet from the same vendor, originally worth...........£12K ! for crying out loud. Foxes are almost seen as vermin here; can be caught without damaging the skin for 50 quid........ there is something seriously wrong with the world....... R

I like them and will be bidding on them later tonight, what a pair of boots!

seriously? are you mad? and with all due respect, what on earth do you do to earn enough money to able to simply justify anywhere near that amount?

Gucci or not, there is absolutely no need on god's green earth to spend that much money on clothes, footwear etc.

sorry, I just don't understand.

However I will honestly wish you good luck none the less; it's your money after all and I truly hope they are worth it.

R

seriously? are you mad? and with all due respect, what on earth do you do to earn enough money to able to simply justify anywhere near that amount?

Gucci or not, there is absolutely no need on god's green earth to spend that much money on clothes, footwear etc.

However I will honestly wish you good luck none the less; it's your money after all and I truly hope they are worth it.

R

Maybe you missed the sarcasm.

Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

R

Well, I may have been a bit of an optimist, as it happens I didnt win the lottery like I thought I would, hence no bid.

ah well, here is to the mid week draw!

The angels have the phonebox.

Even if I could burn money like that, I wouldn't spend that much on any pair of shoes, much less those ugly things. Heck, it took me weeks to get over the fact that I once spent $150 on a pair of shoes. I can easily afford spending $150 no problem, but still don't like spending that much on a pair of shoes, I'm too much of a tightwad. :silly:

Those are very pretty boots. They would be a nice addition to anyone's collection. But even if I could afford to spend that kind of money on something like that, no, I would not spend $8,000 on a pair of footwear. That would be a very nice down-payment on a very nice vehicle.

Definitely not practical, there are better things for spending your money. Even a few millionaires and billionaires would say that price tag is outrageous, which is how some people stay wealthy, not spending on status symbols. Having said that, let's just dream a little bit. If those boots were some magical, futuristic pair where you could go heeling in public without negative stares or comments, adjustable heel height, shaft, toe, shape, color, style, etc., and it was indestructible in every way with an anti-theft feature built in. Throw in some futuristic comfort shock absorbers for all day walking, and a lifetime guarantee. Then for $8000 I would say I would start saving up for it, and open up my piggy bank.

I am also a model railroader as well as a heeler. I use to get nervous about model trains that cost over $500. Now with some models costing almost $5000! That is why I do the same thing for the model trains that I do on heels, I look for the bargins.

Definitely not practical, there are better things for spending your money. Even a few millionaires and billionaires would say that price tag is outrageous, which is how some people stay wealthy, not spending on status symbols.

Having said that, let's just dream a little bit. If those boots were some magical, futuristic pair where you could go heeling in public without negative stares or comments, adjustable heel height, shaft, toe, shape, color, style, etc., and it was indestructible in every way with an anti-theft feature built in. Throw in some futuristic comfort shock absorbers for all day walking, and a lifetime guarantee. Then for $8000 I would say I would start saving up for it, and open up my piggy bank.

nah, still wouldn't buy them; would buy another car instead :silly:

R

I like them and will be bidding on them later tonight, what a pair of boots!

R

Humor - ar, ar. (Robin Williams as "Mork from Ork", "Mork and Mindy" -- for those readers who, for whatever reason, weren't paying attention in the 70's).

But I'm gonna have to jump a whole lot of tax brackets before I can even consider 8 Grand for a pair of boots -- gorgeous though they may be.

Have a happy time!