Ballerinas

fatfuzz

I know this place is all about heels but I like flat ballerina type shoes too. I think they can look and feel as good as a pair of heels (especially the pointy toed ones..) but heels definitely come first. A nice pair of ballerinas make a nice change when you're tired of walking tall. Am I alone on this or are flats perhaps a taboo subject??

Its a bit frowned upon here, but it does take all sorts, I would love the flats if they looked like the ones in your avatar. The round toed canvas ones with rubber all around them like some kind of dodgem car for people that cant wear heels and keep walking into things are a real stomach turner though, and they seem to look dirty and smelly within moments of them being worn, yuk!

The angels have the phonebox.

Its a bit frowned upon here, but it does take all sorts, I would love the flats if they looked like the ones in your avatar.

The round toed canvas ones with rubber all around them like some kind of dodgem car for people that cant wear heels and keep walking into things are a real stomach turner though, and they seem to look dirty and smelly within moments of them being worn, yuk!

I love wearing heels, always have, always will. But my love for shoes extends from stilettoes to ballerina flats too. I have some gorgeous ones in pink satin, purple leather, leopard print, sparkly silver and lots of others too. They're decent makes such as Faith (RIP). They look great with skinny jeans or leggings, better than stilettoes sometimes as I think spikey heels with painted on jeans can look like you're trying too hard, if you know what I mean. Like all of my shoes, they're kept in as pristine condition as possible. They're not dirty nor are they smelly either ;o)

I simply love shoes :silly:

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

My collection is all over the map from flats to heels. Some hard core heelers in the forum may not approve, but most are tolerant of us who have a variety of heel heights. That's one of the reasons this forum is so great!

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

I doubt ballerinas are 'a taboo subject??'...they are still pretty women's shoes as well as a recent trend...I'm sure no-one will mind. Ballerinas let you do the housework quicker, etc. They're still 'in', and offer you the chance to wear women's shoes without some of the drawbacks of heels...

Not quite yet into to ballerinas, but I do love womens styled flats , still like a little heel or wedge and think the "mary jane" style is one of the coolest styles in black or brown leather for women or men. Men used to wear them back in the past too. I do have and wear out some low heeled "Mary Janes", made by Kumfs and Earth. I would go with at most a 2 1/2 inch block or wedge heel, discretely though. For me it's all about excitement and fun.