Red Booties Picture

I found these pictures on the net of a posed picture of 4 girls dressed up in 60's gear with modern high heel booties and one of a single girl from a seperate shoot. Anyone who is a fan of the carry on films may recall "Carry on Cabby" from the early 60's. This is a reenactment of the uniform that was worn by a taxi firm made up entirely of dolly birds. I love the uniforms teamed up with the boots. What do you think?

post-207-133522933075_thumb.jpg

post-207-133522933092_thumb.jpg

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

Very nice! Lovely girls.

How come some pics have shoes and some boots?

I think that these girls do special events ie car rally's / shows, so assume these pictures are from more than one event, so they wear boots in some and shoes in others.

I was able to find a lobby card poster image of the original film. As you can see the look from the girls is incredibly close to the original costumes, even the boots are almost identical possibly a slightly higher heel than the original ones.

post-207-1335229334_thumb.jpg

This is an interesting coincidence because BBC4 (UK TV) screened a dramatised account of the love life of Hattie Jacques last Wednesday - well worth seeing. Hattie was of course the sexy 'large lady' actress who played the Glamcabs manager in the original film - see the last pic above; she is in the blue outfit. For the drama, several Glamcabs film scenes were re-created (very authentically, I thought), with 3 or 4 pretty girl drivers in short pink uniforms with pillbox hats and stiletto sandals. But these were not the same girls or outfits that are shown in the pics above, which must be of another re-creation for rallies or something similar. They are obviously not scenes from the original film as the onlookers' clothes etc are too 'modern' for the early '60s. Would this be something seen at the Goodwood festival?

Would this be something seen at the Goodwood festival?

Yes it would, I think they would be about 2007 and 2009, well spotted. They are not my pictures but some i found on Flickr and similar.

I've just the Hattie Jaques program you spoke about although it was pure coincidence that i posted this thread up. Freaky eh!!!

The cars featured in the pictures are Ford Cortina Mk1's and were a very popular model that was built in various incarnations up until 1982. My dad owned several of them when i was a lad. Good no nonsense cars. The famous sports car manufacturer Lotus made a version that was white and had a racing green stripe down the sides. It had a twin cam 1.6 litre engine and was capable of about 104mph (very fast for the 60's). Here is one posted below.:silly:

post-207-133522933613_thumb.jpg