Has Anybody Heard of high-heel-heaven.com?

Crushinboots

Hello everybody, I was just wondering if any of you nice folks have heard of www.high-heel-heaven.com as I have found that they do very nice platform soled block heeled thigh boots? After hearing about the dodgy places out there like expcreativa.com and Jean Gaborit I am so scared of being ripped off as it takes me ages to save for a new pair of boots as I am sure all you guys and girls are in the same boat.

I hope that someone can help.

Yours

Crushinboots

I haven't heard of this site before you mentioned it. However, it appears, from the pictures of the shoes in the "shoes" section, that they are a re-seller of shoes available from Little Shoe Box. They even use the same style model designations (ie: 7118 for the 7" black pattent pumps )

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Why not go for a vist to London? It doesn't have to be expensive. You could probably do a one-day return by coach for well under GBP 20.00 or so.

In Islington there is the The Little Shoe Box and Leatherworks as well as Showgirls. Not far away is Cover Girl too, though I have never managed to find their place. There are 20 other places to visit, including Camden High Street and the Stables Market too.

Try before you buy is usually a whole lot better than ordering over the net.

Firstly, if you click on to the "Heels for Men" thread below, I've listed a whole load more sources for street-heeling guys. Secondly, here are the current whereabouts of Cover Girl and a couple of the others: COVER GIRL (visit by appointment) Po Box 29530, London N1 8FE. Tel: 0207 354 2883 THE LITTLE SHOW BOX (makes for Cover Girl etc. but also retails) 89 Holloway Road, London N7 8LT. Tel: 0207 607 1247 LEATHERWORKS 77-79 Southgate Road, Islington, London N1 3JS. Tel: 0207 3599778 Cheerfully Yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Have you got a location for Cover Girl, rather than a P.O. Box number?

I found this address on an old site, so I don't know how current it is, but at least the address/postcode exists, unlike IN1 8FE

Cover-Girl Shoes 44 Cross Street, Islington, London, N1 2BA

Tel: 0171-354-2883

(callers by appointment)

Emma

eirI'm ever so sorry everybody, I had been a silly billy (my dyslexia!) by making errors in two of the postcodes for the three shoe suppliers. Incredibly well spotted folks - you must have eyes like hawks! Anyway, I've editted my posting above and have corrected the errors in both postcodes. Regarding Cover Girl Shoes' address, many,many years ago they used to be in West London. Then maybe around 1970(?) they moved to Upper Street in Islington. Then around the 1980s, the proprietor (Mrs. Cutler?) died, and her two lady assistants carried on the shop and the name around the corner at a smaller shop premises in Cross Street, off Upper Street. As has been mentioned above, their Cross Street address has now closed, and has been turned into residential units. I don't have any address other than the present box number & address which I have given above. That probably suggests that they have contracted down into a private address. However, they do invite you to telephone and make an appointment to visit. Happy heel-hunting folks! Incidentally, I have done the rounds of Bristol's shoe shops today to check the state of play, and ended up buying a nice pair of heeled loafers and a pair of heeled boots. I have posted this account on Firefox's Aesthetic High Heels for Men Forum today. Emma, on a personal note, I've been dying to pluck up the courage to ask whether you are a guy or a gal. You've got a splendid name and you look splendidly feminine on your avatar photo, but some of your postings seem perhaps to be written as if from a guy's perspective. You don't have to answer this of course - I'm not putting you under pressure, I only ask because of your postings having aroused my insatiable curiosity! Best wishes and cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Hello Emma! So beautifully and subtly put. Say no more! I must congratulate you again on your tasteful name, tasteful appearance and outfit, and such nice postings. Myself, I'm a happily married street-heeling guy who isn't into crossdressing etc., but I must say it's a real treat to come across your photograph and postings and to see someone doing everything so NICELY! Well done! Cheerfully Yours, Heelfan.

Onwards and upwards!

......, tasteful appearance and outfit,.....

Thanks for the compliments Heelfan - I *was* going to post a pic in the Halloween thread of me in my (very short) naughty nurse outfit from a couple of years ago, but since I read the above comment, I'd better not! You couldn't see my heels very clearly anyway, so no-one's missed much.

Emma

AAAaaargh Emma! You've made me feel rotten now - a cad and a bounder for risking preventing you from treating me and all the other members to your slightly naughtier and more exciting side! In fact, if I promise not to withdraw all my nice compliments made above, can you be a jolly good sport and treat us all to your Halloween picture after all? The Halloween thread is crying out for it! Cheerfully yours Emma, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!