Block-heeled office shoes: other opinions??

OzGuy1

There's that old stigma raising it's ugly head again. Girls that wear heels are tramps -- But, as the old saying goes, "You can't always judge the book by its cover."

I wonder what Jane or Debbie would have to say about that. Along with Susan (the original) they are amongst the most "decent" women I've ever became acquainted with. Sensitive, gracious, charming and very beautiful women. Not one that would fall within the "stigmatized" group. And, hey guys! thats not even mentioning the other women that post here (Julietta, Lauire, Beckey, et al ) that I don't believe belong in the stigamitized category, either.

Sorry, that's not what I meant at all. The point I was making was that this interest we share varies wildly from person to person, reflecting a very wide spectrum of tastes. I described what to me LOOKS charming, gracious and feminine. But this is completely subjective. When you (and many others) look at 'heels' etc you see the most charming, gracious and feminine. I can say that comfortably because I know I'm always gonna be outnumbered! Even I'd admit that most people would class the heels you're referring to as being the most gracious and beautiful.

An example: some replies on this list have indicated that the style I'm into is 'too masculine'. This doesn't mean they actually think a woman who wears them is really a man!!

It's just sexuality....no-one can explain it...!

Hey, OzGuy1! What you're into is what you're into. I like wedges, both on me and on others, but some people here hate them. It doesn't bother me, as I'm quite happy to be persuaded of the merits of other styles. I just have my own personal thing. If you like those styles, then great! Enjoy your thing. I personally quite like them too, but that needn't be important to you. One of the fantastic things about this board is that we all have our own ideas, our own personal styles, and our own way of enjoying heels. But we all agree on why we're all here, and how we feel about our favourite footwear. Long may it continue!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I personally quite like them too, but that needn't be important to you. One of the fantastic things about this board is that we all have our own ideas, our own personal styles, and our own way of enjoying heels. But we all agree on why we're all here, and how we feel about our favourite footwear. Long may it continue!

Absolutely!

Above all, its great to hear what everyone else out there is into...

• 5 weeks later...

No I don't wear block heels. I prefer the feeling of a thin heel. When you are used to balancing on it people will admire that more. And thin heels make my legs look better with skirts. it's a no contest decision. I will wear a high thinner type block heel with boots/trousers sometimes though. This compliments the thicker leg sillouhette created by the trouser.

• 3 weeks later...

25 years at my job; 25 years in stilettos! While chunky heels are fine for some, they are not for me. Never have been - never will be! When I pass I want to be buried in 6" Stilettos!

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.