Block-heeled office shoes: other opinions??

OzGuy1

Most, if not all, the shoe appreciation I've come across seems to be for pointy/thin heels, very high heels, or if not, then sandals, mules, open toes etc. Are there any guys or gals who are big fans of the more conservative office-style block-heel pumps/loafers, with low to mid heel height? (especially the ones with the loafer-style 'tongue' at the front, with or without a buckle) I find these are by far the most feminine & attractive style of footwear around. And they are extremely popular office fashion here in Australia, as well as Western Europe. But not the USA. Walk through any Australian city during business hours, and the vast majority of girls, both younger and older, are wearing them. Conversely, thin/pointy/stiletto heels do absolutely nothing for me at all. Am I alone?? Below is (hopefully) a pic of something in this ballpark....Posted Image

I prefer heels such as you describe, but prefer boots to pumps, oxfords, etc., although I have worn similar shoes on occasion.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Well OzGuy, several points. First, I think you have chosen a particularly stylish and sexy style of block heel there - well done! Second, for me your question depends on whether I am looking at these for street-heeling guys or for attractive girls to wear. If the former, I'd LOVE to add these to my own heel-wearing collection, and I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me the source and/or website for them. They would be wonderful! Regarding the latter (girls wearing), I only give them about 6 out of 10, because in my book (and I think, probably most Forum members), you get a clear 0 - 10 rise in enthusiasm from 100% 'Masculine' shoe (flat, heavy, clumpy, covering whole foot) to 100% 'Feminine' shoe (the diametrical opposite to the men's - ultra high thin teetery heel, light, sleek, very low-cut upper to cover as little of the foot as possible - toe cleavage is great!). Still, member's individual tastes very greatly from that main trend which I've just outlined, and that's what makes these heely discussions so fascinating and enjoyable! There's bags of room here and a huge welcome for all tastes and opinions! Don't forget, if you could be kind enough, the shoe source please? Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

While I do have and wear many pairs of classic stiletto pumps, the more conservative block heel style, shown by OzGuy below, is, in my opinion, the most acceptable style for men to wear in public. I've worn this style pump outside exclusively (except for boots in the winter) for the past several years. That style is the style most likely not to attract attention. In all these years, I've never had any adverse reactions from anyone that happened to notice them. As for women wearing them, I think they look attractive with the right outfit. As always, it's the total look of how a woman is dressed that makes them attractive.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I don't mind seeing this type of heel on girls and it can go well with many outfits. I prefer thinner heels, but like fine wine you get to appreciate different types and some heel is better than no heel at all. As far as my wear goes, I've worn similar to the office many times so I must like them to some degree, but generally I prefer the boot styles and slightly thinner heels with trousers.

It is nice to know there is some level of interest in my favourite style of shoes. Yes, I am only referring to these shoes on ladies, not men.

Its interesting how many seem to see these "flat, heavy, clumpy, covering whole foot" styles as being more masculine, as I see them as being by far the most feminine of all! Maybe its also to do with my attraction to more refined, mature women, as well as conservative younger ladies..... that's just what these two groups of women seem to wear.

As for the accompanying outfit, I love to see them worn with a short skirt, nice feminine top/blouse (or feminine suit), and preferably NO stockings! Basically nice long legs on view, with a pretty pair of conservative shoes to cap it off!

Also, I am trying to put together a small site with a sample collection of my favourite ladies shoes, modelled and unmodelled. I will post the URL on this list when its ready.

Here is the URL for the shoes in my original post:

http://www.crossingpointe.com/category/FOOTWEAR.html

And here is the actual image URL:

http://www.crossingpointe.com/cpproduct/24620r.jpg

Hi again Oz! Thank you very much for those URLs. I straightway feverishly looked at those pages, but sadly although the shoe firm is still in existance, that model of shoe is no longer in their advertised range. I guess it must be quite an outdated model by now because the first two serial numbers are "24", whereas all the currently stocked models are now starting with "26". Anyway, the last thing you want is a guy like me whingeing that he can't get his choice in heels, because you posted this topic as shoes for girls. They are certainly just about the most stylish block-heeled shoes I've ever seen (well spotted!), and I hope this thread of yours continues to receive responses. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan.

Onwards and upwards!

Heelfan, why not try eBay. Often, shoes appear for sale there after the retail stores and catalog sale companies restock for new seasons. I believe I recently saw a pair like them for sale. Try: http://listings.ebay.com/pool3/plistings/list/all/category3034/index.html?from=R0

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thanks for the suggestion Bubba! Funnily enough, just this evening Firefox has posted on his own Forum that all of us might be better off surfing on ebay for the nice fashions of the last couple of years rather than looking in the shops for this coming winter's fashions where block heels have disappeared and stiletto heights are coming down depressinly low! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

I quite like those. They're nice and practical for the office, while still looking good. It's even a style I'd consider, next time I go shopping for shoes. After all, I'm trying to get some more practical shoes that I can wear all day. I also regularly check eBay, ever since watching Men in Black 2 :lol:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I like the ones that dimpanty hose posted. In shoe design there's a big trend to match the toe shape with the heels. Hence block heels have square, stilettos pointed, and chisel heels, chisel toes. It's nice to find some variations, especially if you are a fan of one toe shape or the other.

Hello Dimpantyhose! I feel a bit guilty posting her, because as usual, us street-heeling guys have hijacked a thread under "For the Girls" that was specifucally directed to girls - sorry Oz! However, just before shuffling off the girls' forum, can I quickly ask you where you purchased your block-heeled courts? (And the we can ALL get some!). Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Sports shoes like those posted by dimpantyhose are quite common in city offices and at shopping malls. Lots of women wear them as part of the "yuppy" uniform for success with smart two-piece suites or more casually with slacks and sweaters. I like them myself.

I like the ones that dimpanty hose posted. In shoe design there's a big trend to match the toe shape with the heels. Hence block heels have square, stilettos pointed, and chisel heels, chisel toes. It's nice to find some variations, especially if you are a fan of one toe shape or the other.

Thank you :lol:

Hello Dimpantyhose!

However, just before shuffling off the girls' forum, can I quickly ask you where you purchased your block-heeled courts? (And the we can ALL get some!).

Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

I purchased them at the Le Château store (the entrepot one). Depend on the season, they are lot of nice high heels here!

Those 2 part shoes posted by Smudgeur are still popular with the girls around here, normally worn with skirts and nude hose. They have their place though. I saw a girl wearing a pair on Friday night on the town, doesn't have the same effect as her mate in the strappy sandals :lol: I saw lots of pairs last week whilst driving my truck around the business district of Birmingham around lunchtime :lol:

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

Well, as someone said in this topic previously, it takes all types! I can even agree with you, yes, technically speaking block heels are closer to mens fashion. But I am a completely hetero male, and (for some reason) I just happen to think they're the most feminine footwear on women. I just don't feel much at all when I look at thin or spiky-heels. :lol:

I think all of our taste in shoes is influenced by the type of people who usually wear them. Does anyone agree? I know I'm alone amongst my male friends in being very attracted to conservative 'nice' girls (as opposed to 'bad' girls etc) and this is just what they tend to wear! Can't be a coincidence....

Also, my site has been updated with more pics:

www.geocities.com/niceladiesshoes

I don't care much for the shoes, but if I can only see the heels and maybe a 1/2" platform under a pair of figure hugging black pants, or if the girl/lady is wearing boots with similar heels ~3" or more high, I get all mushy inside. I am one other male here who finds them very sexy. 'Course, then I want to wear them as well, but I know it will do absolutely no good at all to ask what brand they are or where she got them--None of the truly sexy narrow block-heeled boots (as opposed to spiky heeled or fetish type heels) are EVER made any larger than US-11, most often 10.

It is so despairing that most of the time I just don't bother to look anymore--why torture oneself with what one cannot have?? It gives new, if twisted meaning to the words of the Rolling Stones/Animals song Paint it Black: "I have to turn my head until my darkness goes..."

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

OzGuy1 wrote:

I know I'm alone amongst my male friends in being very attracted to conservative 'nice' girls (as opposed to 'bad' girls etc) and this is just what they tend to wear! Can't be a coincidence....

There's that old stigma raising it's ugly head again. Girls that wear heels are tramps -- But, as the old saying goes, "You can't always judge the book by its cover."

I wonder what Jane or Debbie would have to say about that. Along with Susan (the original) they are amongst the most "decent" women I've ever became acquainted with. Sensitive, gracious, charming and very beautiful women. Not one that would fall within the "stigmatized" group. And, hey guys! thats not even mentioning the other women that post here (Julietta, Lauire, Beckey, et al ) that I don't believe belong in the stigamitized category, either.

Block heels are popular because they offer height without having to possess skill. it is all about stability. personally, I think that they could be an excellent training tool, but women stop there. They prefer the stability and enjoy not having to develop the dexterity required to glide in a pair of thinner heels. Of course, to these women, I say "um, have you tried blade heels? They look better and still offer that stability" but it's not like young girls will listen. Another aspect is that of the tougher image. Footwear that is for girls, yet somewhat masculine. I mean, the majority wear blocky heels with pants. They look dreadful when matched with a skirt, certainly. Of course, most girls can wear these mid height block heels, and that's fine with me. Just make sure a store sells some nice stilettos, so I can go out and steal all of the attention away from these fearful ankle turners. :lol: It's all about balance and confidence, really. The latter is something all women should be forced to develop for success in life.