Insole type things

wez

Hi, My wife really wants to wear some of the fashionable high pointy courts that are available at the moment, some of the shoes in Faith being a particular favourite (I'd love to see her in some too). However she only has diddy size 4 feet and so the pressure on the soles of her feet, especially the ball joint, can be quite uncomfortable. She does wear heels, so were after something that will help a bit. Has anyone ever used insoles or similar? Which would you receomend? How well do they fit?

Admirer of one special lady in high heels.

I started using Superfeet inserts (http://www.superfeet.com/) in my "normal" shoes a few months ago. Since then I have also gotten a set of women's inserts for each pair of thigh boots.

They are a bit stiff and require some getting used to, although I now believe they are much more comfortable than the brands I had used previously. They are also relatively expensive.

Michael

I use the Dr Scholl insets that are available in full length, heel only or front only. These are on a blueish gel formed bottom and gray fith like top and can be cut by scissors to fit the feet or shoes. The gel shock absorbtion and weigth distribution really makes the difference and I wear the various sole shapes and areas according to the need of some hard soled shoes or boots. I mostly bougth those in the US military sales stores where they cost about 10 usd but havn't seen them in Belgian stores so far.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

• 5 weeks later...

Just keeping this thread ticking over, although perhaps it should be in the "For Everyone" forum. Any good sources for the silicone insoles in the UK anyone? Or good places to find other orthotics? I have a problem of a very narrow heel, even with ladies styles (mens shoes are quite impossible), so I'm after heel grip products. Those butterfly things with the gelatinous glue are really nasty, found anything better? I can't be the only one with this problem. /I

/I

Dr Scholl type high heel half foam insoles or pressure padding available at any shoe care stand in the UK (eg Boots, Tesco, Woolworths) are good for front of the foot padding. Peel of the insole partially, stick underneath, and lightly glue back insole. The foot will then glide in with padding beneath. Re Heel problems, I have never found a good solution. All heel grips hardly ever seem to work. Maybe stick to ankle straps or boots.

The amusing thing is, the heel grips are what I used to make padding for the balls of my feet when I was trying to extend my five inch heel time oh so long ago. You take the one foam piece, cut it in half, and instant very cushiony area specific padding for shoes. The one thing to remember with insoles is that they can alter the way the shoe fits. If only one area needs the padding, then that's an easier way to fix it. And I have used a pair of heel grip foam thingies for the purpose they were made for, and I do not like them either. they feel strange.

I have used some heel-grips made out of a suede like material, which I would imagine feels better than your sticky sort (is it silicone like the inside of hold-ups and strapless bras?), but doesn't work especially well. In the end, I put a few stitches in the shoes' lining at the heel to pull it inwards slightly. Emma

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks wez, that's a start. I've got a few samples on their way to experiment with. What crappy navigation on the shopping basket though, sends you round in huge circles. They also do the full range of Dasco shoe stretchers too, which is also useful. /I

/I

On the subject of stretchers - how much difference do shoe trees make to keeping high heels looking good? The long point toe courts which we have tend to get creases in them half way down the toe box, has anyone any good tips for reducing these creases? I'd imagine some of the shoe trees would help, but anyone's experiences would be useful.

Admirer of one special lady in high heels.

The thread did start off aimed at the gals but blame me for subverting it; I just didn't want to start a second insole thread elsewhere. It is definitely best where you moved it to now, Laurie. Meanwhile I've found some info about 'Sorbothane' heel pads etc. Will report back anon. /I

/I

I've never had any luck with heel grips, and my heels (and feet) are quite narrow, too. This may not be a popular answer, but the only thing I've found that works is switching the shoes I'm wearing. I find the following kinds of heels do not need heel grips: 1. Boots 2. Lace-up oxfords 3. Cross-strap pumps (x-strap across the instep is best; ankle strap works ok, just not as well). Good luck!