Crutches and "A" Heel

Is anyone here on crutches with a casted or missing leg and in a heel, defying what the experts say that crutches and heels are not a good combination?

As a person with both legs, I can only imagine the angst of loosing a leg. From some of the post that I have read, you haven't let this stop you from living. Wearing a high heel while having to use crutches has been quite an acheivement, not to mention very satisfying. The closest I come to such an ordeal is when I feel and broke my foot and had to hobble around on one leg and crutches for about a year or so. I did wear my high heels while in this condition and it wasn't hat easy at first. I have to ask though, what are your possibilities in getting a prosthetic leg or is this even on the horizon?

Thanks for your kind words. I do have a pros leg, some call it a pegleg that I wear for housework and grocery shopping. I got it very soon after the amputation and it does become uncomfortabe. One day I'll have it reworked, and meanwhile use my trusty crutches. E

eoneleg, I kind of figured you had at least one pros leg already and I wish it wasn't a pain to wear. Not to long ago I watched a documentary about robotics and bionics. The techincal advances for artificial limbs is amazing. Like, I'm telling you something new. Please let us know how things are going from time. Have a great day!

• 7 months later...