Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Shoe

Padding Posts

Question

There have been a few members with extremely bad manners. Let me explain a scenario as it would be in real life: You go up to a small group of friends talking in a bar. You don't know any of them and they don't know you. You stand there for a few minutes, nodding in agreement with what they're saying. You might interject a little bit of "yes, that sounds good" without really contributing anything to the conversation at all. Once a few minutes have passed and you've nodded ten times you ask them to show you their pictures. Is this the way a polite society runs? Imagine if you were one of the friends talking, would you think that the interloper was some kind of pervert? So why should it be any different in a forum? There are "New Member Restrictions" in place to prevent people from taking without giving. Think about it, it's only fair isn't it? There seems to be a growing trend for new members to write "Padding Posts" that is to say a couple of words in agreement without really contributing anything and without promoting their own point of view. They do this just to bump their post count up so they can perve over the pictures. From now on, these posts will be deleted on sight.

1 answer to this question

I would like to draw everyone's attention to this thread because it seems that there are some new people who are unaware that we don't like Padding Posts. Once you have your full membership you can do what you like but until then anything that says: "I really like what you have just said" will be deleted. If you do like a post then use the thanks button!