collections!

francesca

I buy my shoes / boots from the high street stores........ Dune, Faith and River Island. When I want to buy something special, I usually go to Leatherworks as all their shoes / boots are hand made and the quality is superb. You can find any style up to a 7" heel, but I always stick to a 5 1/2" as that's my limit. At the moment I have a lot of shoes and boots......the vast majority I use for everyday wear, and the rest I keep for special occasions :lol: . Becky.

So many shoes & boots to buy in so little time!!

I have to say youre lucky to live in Italy, you get good quality leather and shoes for good price. Here in Uk you can find good looking shoes (faith etc) yea but not good quality. Thats very important if you wear same shoes for long time! In some cities in uk there are Selfridges and Harvey who has some designers available, I have bought my Gucci's from Manchester Selfridges, then theres Russel and Bromley (spell right?) who has pretty cool pumps for sale. Always when I travel I go for shoe shopping, and its true that in New York you can find amazing shops selling big names with good price., but Italy always is the best to shop... I have ordered something online too, I got some wicked boots and pumps from www.bananashoes.com who shipped them next day, they also have cool party clothes. My collection? I have about 50 pairs now, but have thrown away shoes that have been too long in use.

Sometimes you just stumble (excuse the pun...) over a nice pair of shoes. Earlier this summer I happened to find that the local shoeshop had a sale on most of the "springy" collection, and I decided to prowl around... I managed to find a pair of mocka/suede sandalettes in a cowgirl fashion which I simply decided that I had to have at the current price. They have a broad suede band across the back of the toes and and a (vertically) sliced band around the ankle. The insole is pure leather (mocka) while the rest is synthetic. In all, the shoe gives a 4" heel lift with a decent sole at the front. The only disadvantage is that the untanned mocka(suede) will easily get tainted... The design is with a zipper along the back of the heel and very nicely fitting in all. I have not yet decided if my students are ready for this type of footwear or not, (heck we teachers are being paid per signed-up and "making it" ones...), but it is *VERY* comfortable footwear nonetheless. As the (wide) band across the toes is of *real* mocka/suede, they shape themselves to fit your own foot(surprise... :lol: ). The only problem is that the ankle-strap is quite narrow, which for example, makes my wife unable to wear them... -Then one have to consider the stains that are just waiting to get a "foothold" on the suede... -But,... I LIKE them, so whatever... -Pity the students, I wear what I like, and thats it. TallSwede

• 1 month later...

I buy from the better stores: Fenwick's, Russell and Bromley, Nine West, Dune, Faith, Ravel. I have a lot of stilettos from 3 to 4 inch in height and a range of ankle/knee boots with different heel shapes of the same height. I have a few 4 to 5 inch boots and courts for social occasion. I have around 40 to 50 pairs in total.

I buy all sorts of shoes and boots but mainly in the cheaper end of the market; almost always in the sales. Additionally, don't write off charity shops for some very fine bargains too, but always ask yourself why that shoe ended up there in the first place (sometimes it is just "because", but other times there has been a fault with the shoe).

Collection? I stopped counting at 50 pairs, several years ago.

• 7 months later...

Most of my collection of shoes and boots come from Bellini, Newport-News, and Harley-Davidson. I usually order by mail order and I have found that these manufacturers sizes run true to size and fit me perfectly right out of the box with no problems and are quite comfortable for long hours of wearing. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I agree with Jo:

I buy all sorts of shoes and boots but mainly in the cheaper end of the market; almost always in the sales. ...

But in case if it is a very special style that is available from expensive manufacturers only then I'm willing to spend a considerable higher amount of money on shoes...

CU!

-Mike

Most of my collection of shoes and boots come from Bellini, Newport-News, and Harley-Davidson. Dawn HH

Hi Dawn,

What is your experience with Harley Davidson. I love their boots, but have not been able to find them in any store, only on the web. I would love to try them on before I buy them. They are a little expensive for my budget, but their HH styles look great on men.

Loveheel:-) I was very disheartened recently when I discovered that I could no longer balance myself on 4" stilettos as I had for decades before and on into the present time. The condition of my legs and hips won't allow that activity anymore. I was very down when Mickey68 suggested that we make a day of it and travel up to Reyer's shoes in Sharon, Pa. to see what we may find to subtitute the stillettos with so I could continue crossdressing and street-heeling which gives me much pleasure and satisfaction for my femminine side. Reyer's bill themselves as the world's largest shoe store although Nordstrom's also bill themselves as the world's biggest shoe store. In the whole shoe store there was only one pair of boots to fit me with a broad chunky heel and it happened to be the Harley-Davidson brand. These boots happen to be on my feet as I post this to you now. they are black leather, side-zip, calf-high, squared toe boots with a chunky 3¼" heel and are true to size and are quite comfortable for long hours of wearing. I have had them on for as long as 18 hours at a time. This was my first pair of chunky heeled boots and are size 8 U.S., 6 UK, and 39 Eur with 17 little metal buttons staggered up the outside shank of the boot which read H-D Motor Co. on them. I tried them on at the store and they fit perfectly and I couldn't ask for a better fit or comfort and I wear them with panty-hose. I am now looking for a pair of knee-high boots in that brand with a 3½" or a 4" heel. I hope this information can be useful to you. Cheers--- Dawn HH :roll:

High Heeled Boots Forever!