My Princess Boy

Charlie

I saw an interesting news story this morning about a mom who's accepted the fact that her young 5 year old son likes to wear dresses. At first she opposed it but when her older son said "why not just let him be happy?" she slowly embraced it. She's even written a book about it. Her web page can be found here:

http://myprincessboy.com/index.asp

Perhaps change in fashion freedom may some day become a reality? I believe it's going to start with the younger generation and filter upwards, not the other way. She said something similar during the interview that I hear echoed here all the time. She said that it's just clothes. We say they're just shoes. It's all good! He doesn't appear to have discovered heels yet, but it's not unusual for 5 year old girls to have not discovered them either. Time will tell.

It will become interesting when they face the inevitable dress codes and school uniforms being forced upon young people in public schools these days. I have no children, but I'm opposed to school uniforms as I believe it discourages individuality and flies in the face of the principles our country was founded upon. That's just me..

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Bruno. It's a movie greatly connected to this. A young boy expresses his tastes in women's clothing. It's the dad that disapproves, but the mother encouraged it greatly. Then later, the dad slowly realizes how he connects to his son, and comes to accept him. Would be better to watch the movie to understand, as I really don't wanna spoil Too much. But this reminded me of that movie. Mom, in her attempt to aim me away from heels, introduced me to the movie. It's actually quite good.

Formally "HHDude"

This must have been a very slow day for news. It would be different if the kid was a lot older, but a 5-year old? At that age, there is no such thing as fashion, sexual identity, or cross-dressing...the dress is simply a toy. In a few years, it's likely that the kid won't even remember playing with dresses. Oh, but wait, he will remember because he will likely be ridiculed by his peers about how his parents had put him on national TV and wrote a book to show how much they support his cross-dressing. Good on the parents for not restricting him to toys that they feel are "for boys", but very bad judgment for exposing him to the world over it.

This must have been a very slow day for news.

It would be different if the kid was a lot older, but a 5-year old? At that age, there is no such thing as fashion, sexual identity, or cross-dressing...the dress is simply a toy. In a few years, it's likely that the kid won't even remember playing with dresses. Oh, but wait, he will remember because he will likely be ridiculed by his peers about how his parents had put him on national TV and wrote a book to show how much they support his cross-dressing. Good on the parents for not restricting him to toys that they feel are "for boys", but very bad judgment for exposing him to the world over it.

I doubt the short segment on the news will follow him very long and she didn't use his name anywhere in the book. Getting the viewpoints out there in the mass media will do more than 200 of us would by just walking around in high heeled boots or shoes. All we need is a kid who likes mom's heels and for her to be a writer too. Chuckle..

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

... It would be different if the kid was a lot older, but a 5-year old? At that age, there is no such thing as fashion, sexual identity, or cross-dressing...the dress is simply a toy. In a few years, it's likely that the kid won't even remember playing with dresses. Oh, but wait, he will remember because he will likely be ridiculed by his peers about how his parents had put him on national TV and wrote a book to show how much they support his cross-dressing. Good on the parents for not restricting him to toys that they feel are "for boys", but very bad judgment for exposing him to the world over it.

Absolutely agree with you. This is very poor judgement by the parents to be using their son in this way to get their 15 minutes of fame and make a quick buck. Perhaps they had good intentions with this at first, but with their website design and the way they have blasted this into the media, its pretty clear they see the potential to make money from it.

At such a young age, he could go in 20 different directions in his life, but they have now pigeon holed him with this identity. If he later decides he wants to break out of this pigeon hole, and decide he wants to take a completely different path, I can guarantee this will come back at him later in life in a negative way.

Well, point solely being.... At least we know of Some open-minded lady out there; although using her son for money purposes, trying to break open the norm for boys in general; trying to show that it's only a piece of clothing and not something to really pay attention to. And before you guys go and bash her, why not email her a few questions. She has the link open to email her whatever you please, whether it's support for her and her son or a small bit of ridicule for her actions. And, try to find/google the movie "Bruno" (no, not the mediocre, 2009 title/movie). It's really good. As I said before, it really does connect to this topic greatly.

Formally "HHDude"