What will be the shoe trend of 2011?

barney15c

I think that we are going to see an abundance of wedges of all varieties for the spring/ summer along with a lot of strappy high block heeled sandals (Think 1970's) with a lot of retro patterns/colours.

For the evening I think that this year we will see very high heels,think 5-6 inch plus with ultra thin stilettos, in bright primary colours.

http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/women/shoesandboots/1/10?extra=sch&n=women&pid=379-151&returnurl=%2fshop%2fgender%2dwomen%2dcategory%2dshoes%2duse%2dformal%2d0%3fx%3d1%26nxti%3d0%26nxtv%3d0%23379%2d151&bct=%26quot%3bShop%20By%20Product%26quot%3b%26nbsp%3b%26gt%3b%26nbsp%3bWomen%26nbsp%3b%26gt%3b%26nbsp%3bShoes%26nbsp%3b%26gt%3b%26nbsp%3bFormal link to an example of what I think will hit the shops this year, but think more Fire engine red or Brilliant blue than black.

To get your wife/GF to wear heels more often, I think you just need to ask her to wear them for you. Tell that you really appreciate it when she wears heels and that they make her look so good.

Its a gradual process though, so keep at it.

Oh how I wish it was that easy. I gave up buying her shoes after many trys and seeing them disappear from the closet and never having been worn. They were never the super heel heigth as around today and were clasic eligant styles such as the simple pump. She just does not like to wear heels. When we first met, she was wearing a 2 1/2 inch wedge sandal and I sure had hopes.

More than likely, what ever the style for spring summer, they will never match the styles of the mid sixties when I first started paying attention to the styles worn by the girls and women. I figure it will be some heavy looking clod-hopper with a bunch of ruffles and/or bling adornments - think "ugly" is the look desired.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

• 2 weeks later...

Visited Rome recently. Always great to see what's being worn there on the streets. Right now high boots ! Lots and lots of them. Knee high and some OTK boots in browns and blacks, suede and leather, with and without tasteful platforms, both thick and stiletto heels, 4" and higher. Mostly very stylish. Gorgeous ! :-)

Visited Rome recently. Always great to see what's being worn there on the streets.

Right now high boots !

Lots and lots of them. Knee high and some OTK boots in browns and blacks, suede and leather, with and without tasteful platforms, both thick and stiletto heels, 4" and higher. Mostly very stylish.

Gorgeous ! :-)

Well then.... when in Rome...

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

I agree with heelman500 in that a myriad of wedges for casual wear and pumps with very high heels will dominate 2011. I do think the difference in 2011 will be in more vivid colors than 2010 and I think you'll see more high end wedges which would be suitable for occasions where casual wedges may not work. I also agree that seeing people wearing 5-6" heels is quite commonplace now but not so in the mid 1990's. If only more MEN wore 5-6" heels then we'd really a fashion trend for 2011! Here's hoping!!:silly: HappyinHeels

... I also agree that seeing people wearing 5-6" heels is quite commonplace now but not so in the mid 1990's. ...

Yes, there are plenty of 5 - 6" heels around now, but invariably the shoes have a significant platform and the true arch is rarely more than 4.5". In the 1990s, single-sole shoes with 4.5 - 4.75" stiletto heels were quite common - just as high a rise and more elegant.

I doubt that platforms will go away for a while but it would be good to see more non-platform shoes with high stilettos. Just look at the 5" 'Lois' court by Schuh (now seemingly discontinued) of which the wearers invariably give rave reviews.