What will be the shoe trend of 2011?

barney15c

Concealed platforms, gladiator inspired heels round toe heeled mary janes with wide straps, seem to have dominated this years styles. What do you think will be the trend for next year? Blockier Heels, lower heels what do you think?

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

Whatever it is, it will most likely be tacky and ugly.....and it will undoubtedly be rammed down our throats by supposed 'celebrities' endorsing the products.

The age of class and elegance seems to have gone, so I'll be sticking to my favourite online shops that still sell stylish designs.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Must admit I'm a sucker for fashion but still like to wear plain old courts/pumps that have a nice look and shape. I think this year I am going to stick to buying courts and elegent sandals. I am going to avoid platforms, I'm 5'6" so they make me super tall. If i do go for fashion it will be in the boots area. I have however heard that Pumps will be the main thing this year, i should imagine platform pumps, Also Slim heel wedges, Clogs ( eeeew ) and ankle boots. My Bf has promised me a new pair of laboutins so i look forward to that. He also wants me to buy fetiishy high heels that can also be practical, god knows what though.

Whatever it is, it will most likely be tacky and ugly.....and it will undoubtedly be rammed down our throats by supposed 'celebrities' endorsing the products.

The age of class and elegance seems to have gone, so I'll be sticking to my favourite online shops that still sell stylish designs.

I am so afraid that you are so right. I happened upon a show on TV the other day called "The Rachel Zoe Project." She was doing a photo shoot of Demi Moore who was wearing a pair of the most hideous (at least to me) high heels I have ever seen. And Rachel and her crew were just drooling over them and making sure everyone knew who the manufacturer was. Hopefully the glamor and elegance will overtake the tacky and ugly. But remember, one person's tacky and ugly is another person's glamor and elegant.

I think we are moving toward elegance, single sole pumps with towering heels could be a big thing for summer. Will be for me at any rate! :)

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

As in the past, if the shoes don't attract me, then they can make all they want or not, it makes no difference in my world. I know what I like when I see it in its best profiles and the description info verifies the view. It seems the heels of popularity right now are like the Steve Madden "Caryssa" platforms. They are relatively affordable and the stilettos are stylishly high. These are obviously knock offs of other designer brands, but they still seem to fill the niche.

Watching the web "sales" a lot of the newer styles showing are arriving with a thicker heel with about an inch tip, whilst not yet a full block. I love the thinnest but the flexing is quite disturbing but certainly the block is more male acceptable on the street at this time. Al

Next style: Uggs....with HEELS! :lmao: Clogs...... also WITH HEELS!!! That are SKINNY! :lmao::o:O I would like to see the wedges coming, with like cutouts in the wedge, like the ones below. The second one was actually on Bakers at one time. Unfortunately, I didn't get my truck in time to purchase a pair myself :( This is actually a wish/hope, for it to come back in style a second more. I also want the skinny-heeled wedges to make a comeback. I liked those :) On the subject, maybe pumps of all kinds will be coming in: wedge, slingback, open-toe...ALL. Or maybe stiletto Heels (just the heel, not the whole shoe) will decide to come in as well, in various other styles.

post-5877-133522931694_thumb.jpg

post-5877-133522931696_thumb.jpg

Formally "HHDude"

Next style: Uggs....with HEELS! :lmao: Clogs...... also WITH HEELS!!! That are SKINNY! :lmao::o:O

I would like to see the wedges coming, with like cutouts in the wedge, like the ones below. The second one was actually on Bakers at one time. Unfortunately, I didn't get my truck in time to purchase a pair myself :( This is actually a wish/hope, for it to come back in style a second more. I also want the skinny-heeled wedges to make a comeback. I liked those :)

On the subject, maybe pumps of all kinds will be coming in: wedge, slingback, open-toe...ALL. Or maybe stiletto Heels (just the heel, not the whole shoe) will decide to come in as well, in various other styles.

Prefer the brown ones as still like a sole on the front of shoe. Blue ones don't do it for me.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

All Think we will see a general continued increase in heel height (or at least a greater number), with or without platforms; as we've seen more and more women on the high street wearing the red carpet heels celebrities have been wearing over the past 2 years or so; saw a woman today at the National Space Centre in Leicester with her 3yr old son and partner, dressed in a relaxed pair of skinny jeans, t-shirt and jacket in a wonderful pair of 2" platformed 6"+ stiletto heeled boots as if they were flats. Not sure what variations we will see though; clearly the "hiking" boot aesthetic has been a hit this winter; haven't as yet seen many trend setting articles to see what is currently forecast. Quite sure my tastes will alter as we progress. Here's to this coming year's shoe shopping; question is, can I reasonably keep buying at the current rate and find enough places to store them? R

Uggs - flats - converse retro's - - - that's what I see. Flat Flat Flat. Looking at what the stores around me are selling, there isn't much out there with anything of a heel. Journeys, Deb, Hot Topic, even JC Penney, Kohls, and Macy's seem to be having a problem liquidating heels. (which is going to be good for me now) Deb had heels on special for $2.00n to $5.00 a pair over this last weekend. These were summer sandals, booties, and classic styles.

I hate to agree with you, but you're right.

You'd think with the popularity of "Mad Men", that women would be embracing the glamourous styles of the early 60's - but in reality, it seems like the trends are going away from the classy & elegant stuff and are going more towards the casual.

I wish that the Uggs would go away - I can't stand those things.

All

Think we will see a general continued increase in heel height (or at least a greater number), with or without platforms; as we've seen more and more women on the high street wearing the red carpet heels celebrities have been wearing over the past 2 years or so; saw a woman today at the National Space Centre in Leicester with her 3yr old son and partner, dressed in a relaxed pair of skinny jeans, t-shirt and jacket in a wonderful pair of 2" platformed 6"+ stiletto heeled boots as if they were flats.

Not sure what variations we will see though; clearly the "hiking" boot aesthetic has been a hit this winter; haven't as yet seen many trend setting articles to see what is currently forecast.

Quite sure my tastes will alter as we progress.

Here's to this coming year's shoe shopping; question is, can I reasonably keep buying at the current rate and find enough places to store them?

R

Have to admit I have seen lots of similar shoes you describe out and about in Leicester, used to be exclusively at night time out clubing but becoming more common in the day time at all sorts of venues.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

• 2 weeks later...

... You'd think with the popularity of "Mad Men", that women would be embracing the glamourous styles of the early 60's - but in reality, it seems like the trends are going away from the classy & elegant stuff and are going more towards the casual. ...

Yes, I think that is a very good point and the perversity of attractive and otherwise impressionable younger women never ceases to amaze me.

Mad Men is a great series and captures the era so well. But, alas, there were very few really exciting shoes to be seen - plain semi-pointed courts with a heel (usually stiletto) of around 3.5" max seemed to be the almost invariable choice of all the 'office girls'. Peggy did wear some nice slingbacks on a couple of occasions but that was an exception.

I know that really high stilettos were not quite as common for everyday street/business wear in the early 60s as some would believe, but in the UK at least there were a lot of smartly-dressed women dressing for work in 4" (and higher) stiletto winklepickers as a matter of course. But not, in seems, in Madison Avenue?

(As an aside, curse the BBC for not getting the rights to show the next series of Mad Men. I am almost tempted to subscribe to Sky for that alone!)

probably heels made from rubber.:unsure: I dont care becuz I dont follow trends, what comes out the runways doesnt mean I will wear it. :-? most of them to me look tacky. I stick to classic looks that I like, my personal style..not trends. if pink hair is the new trend, does it mean I will dye my hair?:silly:

probably heels made from rubber.:unsure:

I dont care becuz I dont follow trends, what comes out the runways doesnt mean I will wear it. :-? most of them to me look tacky.

I stick to classic looks that I like, my personal style..not trends.

if pink hair is the new trend, does it mean I will dye my hair?:silly:

Agreed 100%.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

If there is anything history has taught, it's that fashion is about change. Each cycle may have something(s) that satisfies the senses to make them part of appareling selections or not. So far, I haven't seen any fresh and new items that radiate any "come get me" vibes. The worst of this system is that the last stuff wasn't all that great either and all that's left is the really bad stuff that didn't sell, which will go on sale and be scarfed up. This will make the fashion overseers think that people do like the garbage if the price is right, so they make more garbage and never offer the stuff people really want.

I am not very up on fashion but I can only hope that heel heights continue to go up. This is an awesome time to be a high heel lover. I can't remember a time when just regular women could wear platforms with 6 inch heels out in public so freely? And I couldn't be happier. Seeing a pretty mom walking through the mall with a pair of black platform pumps just makes me nutty!

Agree with jsmits80. This is a great time for high heel fans. An abundance of all sorts of very high heel shoes & boots in the shops, many girls wearing very high heels in public and fetish moving into mainstream (5" & 6" heels, thigh boots, patent, and platform stilettoes & perhaps even a sense that men in heels may be a coming trend). Compare this with the mid nineties post grunge era when heels almost didn't exist in regular shops. Stop whining folks and enjoy the feast while it lasts. :-)

... This is an awesome time to be a high heel lover. I can't remember a time when just regular women could wear platforms with 6 inch heels out in public so freely? And I couldn't be happier. ...

Agree with jsmits80. This is a great time for high heel fans. An abundance of all sorts of very high heel shoes & boots in the shops, many girls wearing very high heels in public ...

True - but there is a downside. Some of us have a wife/GF who does not wear 'proper' heels (for whatever reason), despite the prevailing fashion and ready supply. As they have none of the common excuses trotted out in the past - ('They're old-fashioned'; 'I can't find any to suit/fit me', etc) - we have to conclude that they really do not want to wear them, even to please us. Somehow, that hurts even more than was the case at a time when high heels were not an everyday sighting.

To get your wife/GF to wear heels more often, I think you just need to ask her to wear them for you. Tell that you really appreciate it when she wears heels and that they make her look so good. Its a gradual process though, so keep at it.

To get your wife/GF to wear heels more often, I think you just need to ask her to wear them for you. Tell that you really appreciate it when she wears heels and that they make her look so good.

Its a gradual process though, so keep at it.

I wish it were that simple! When we met in 1998, she did wear medium heels and was happy enough to wear the higher ones I bought her. But the height has been declining steadily for several years now and my wife makes every excuse not to wear any of the shoes I really like - my polite requests are pretty much ignored. In essence, she will do very little to please me that cuts across her personal preferences - and that certainly includes wearing high heels (especially stilettos), probably because she knows I like to see women in them and considers that weird.

What they're calling "nude", which is kind of between pink and beige, is a hot color now. I find the name funny; they're hardly "nude" if you're black. One sign of how trendy the color is: camel is being called nude. But pumps in that color can look very hot. I think the platform pumps are good for another year. As long as the platform isn't so high that it distorts the appearance of the shoe, I am fine with that. It also depends on what the economy does. I remember a lot of pumps, some even with bows, leading us out of the recession in '82. I saw Mary Jane heels around '93-4. If we really have hit bottom, I expect you'll see some feminine styles in the cities and tony suburbs. Other places will trail behind and still have women clomping around in platform flip-flops, clogs, old lady shoes and other monstrosities. Of course, there is another possibility: I think we have taken the casual workplace as far as it can go, if not farther, and are due for a backlash. Especially if the labor market continues to be a buyer's market. Cities would lead that development as well.